Update 9.22 - USSR Tree Revision

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

Jose_Joe #201 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 03:04

Private

• -Players-
  • 18455 battles
  • [PINGU] PINGU

Been playing Test Server for about 8 hours today, I have some good feedback. (Not sure if this is the right place...?)

1) The Obj. 705A's armor is slightly overpowered. All that is needed to balance it, is a TURRET WEAKSPOT, like a cupola. The S. Conq has great turret armor, but the roof's weak armor keeps it penetrable with enough skilled aim. The 705A is a sign that screams 'I'm sidescraping! press the 2 key!!!"

2) The Obj 268 4 is uninteresting, and is just another heavily armored, high alpha, Tier X TD. Boring. Also, the reverse speed needs to be decreased, because as of now, running around it and flanking is almost impossible, because it traverses and reverses so damn fast.

3) I really like the IS-M. Unique for its tier, and it is quite a challenge to play, while providing a fun game experience.

4) About the Obj 263. That tank was like the S-tanks or the Swedes. It was unique, required skill, was balanced, but still has a few great stats. The World of Tanks fanbase will not let the 263 just die like this. I know 4 players who plan to quit the game and go play War Thunder because they had 2 marks on their 263s, played em a lot, and also were fans or the T-10. Also, the Obj 263 4s armor borders on stupid, being that its only weak(ish) place is its lower plate, which is itself small, and easy to angle. The new Russian changes have some benefits and attractions - but a few pills that wont go down easily.

Gunadie #202 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 06:13

Major

• Players
  • 44821 battles

View PostJose_Joe, on Jan 21 2018 - 18:04, said:

Been playing Test Server for about 8 hours today, I have some good feedback. (Not sure if this is the right place...?)

1) The Obj. 705A's armor is slightly overpowered. All that is needed to balance it, is a TURRET WEAKSPOT, like a cupola. The S. Conq has great turret armor, but the roof's weak armor keeps it penetrable with enough skilled aim. The 705A is a sign that screams 'I'm sidescraping! press the 2 key!!!"

2) The Obj 268 4 is uninteresting, and is just another heavily armored, high alpha, Tier X TD. Boring. Also, the reverse speed needs to be decreased, because as of now, running around it and flanking is almost impossible, because it traverses and reverses so damn fast.

3) I really like the IS-M. Unique for its tier, and it is quite a challenge to play, while providing a fun game experience.

4) About the Obj 263. That tank was like the S-tanks or the Swedes. It was unique, required skill, was balanced, but still has a few great stats. The World of Tanks fanbase will not let the 263 just die like this. I know 4 players who plan to quit the game and go play War Thunder because they had 2 marks on their 263s, played em a lot, and also were fans or the T-10. Also, the Obj 263 4s armor borders on stupid, being that its only weak(ish) place is its lower plate, which is itself small, and easy to angle. The new Russian changes have some benefits and attractions - but a few pills that wont go down easily.

I agree the Obj 268V4 is uninteresting but do not agree with the rear speed needing any sort of nerf

Light tanks should not have a cardinal rule that they can and should be able to flank every tank in the game and run circles around them

As for the traverse it is CONSIDERABLY slower than what the old Obj 263 was.   33.38°sec(old 263)                         23.99°sec. (268V4)                -9.39° (- 28%)

This tank certainly is no leader in class and the top deck , range finder and lower glacis plate are all weak spots that can be exploited SPG's and other H.E. shells easily

as well over-matched by taller tanks.

If anything the LOW ROF and low DPM are larger concerns and should be buffed to make this tank balanced with the other tier 10's and back to its old roll of the second highest DPM in the game after the Badger was introduced.

As for your friends suggesting they will quit because of it, I would suggest they will adapt and if they really are quitting it will not be solely because of this update and the revision to this line.

Did any of your friends actually play the Obj268V4 on the test server?

I don't like it any better how they pushed this through but I am more annoyed that they removed the SU122-54 than I am with the Obj 263 replacement and tier downgrade.

Scathacha #203 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 07:56

Private

• Players
  • 26194 battles
  • [CH4I] CH4I

About Obj. 257.

By adding this vehicle, the game will only becomes more and more frustrating. People plays this game for fun, not to learn alien designs of soviet tanks. The majority of players won't watch videos about weak point of certain tanks, and won't bother browsing websites like tanks.gg. What they do is to shoot when the aiming cursor is green. For the side of Obj. 257, it will always be zero damage. When this happens, most players won't bother to learn where to shoot Obj.257, but get angry and think that the game mechanics is broken.

Again, we play WOT for fun, not to be taught or ashamed. It's just a game.

PS: I am tired of seeing more and more "Obj." tanks in this game.

Edited by Narmaya, Jan 22 2018 - 08:00.

Gunadie #204 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 08:35

Major

• Players
  • 44821 battles

View PostNarmaya, on Jan 21 2018 - 22:56, said:

About Obj. 257.

By adding this vehicle, the game will only becomes more and more frustrating. People plays this game for fun, not to learn alien designs of soviet tanks. The majority of players won't watch videos about weak point of certain tanks, and won't bother browsing websites like tanks.gg. What they do is to shoot when the aiming cursor is green. For the side of Obj. 257, it will always be zero damage. When this happens, most players won't bother to learn where to shoot Obj.257, but get angry and think that the game mechanics is broken.

Again, we play WOT for fun, not to be taught or ashamed. It's just a game.

PS: I am tired of seeing more and more "Obj." tanks in this game.

Tired of seeing Soviet tanks at a 10 to 1 rate

WG needs to concentrate on the other tech trees and STOP adding to the RU tree

Killaer2001 #205 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 08:48

Private

• Players
  • 35327 battles
  • [HUNK] HUNK
the new tier X td is broken.Literally it is unpenetrable frontally.

BARN_EATER_POWERS #206 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 13:46

Private

• Players
  • 12327 battles

Obj 430u needs its Cupolas to be weak spots, apart from that it would be balanced enough only the live server will tell if it needs more changes.

Obj 257 could have weaker beak and it defiantly needs a nerd to the upper side of the hull since that is too troll for higher tiers too pen and impossible for the Tier 7's.

Obj 705 needs to have a weaker roof armor i maybe 50/40-45mm instead of 60mm would balance this tank out much nicer but only in a small spot similar to the IS 3.

705a same as the 705, i do find tracking and damaging shots are difficult with these since the tracks go past the lower plate and when you shoot you bounce due to the extreme angle of the lower plate behind the tracks this is more of a learning curve more than anything.

Obj 268 V 4 is borderline broken and really feels like it is designed to encourage gold spam since there is no clear weak spot on this tank apart from the slither of a lower plate it has which is not really a weak spot due to accuracy mechanics in this game and a slight angle will increase the thickness of the lower plate making it around 250mm of armor. this tank feels as if it doesnt match the play style of the tanks leading up (mobile and accurate with higher tier guns with lower alpha with armor not to be reliable with but can bounce every now and then) but this takes a sharp turn and turns into a stronger Jg Pz E100 with lower alpha still being a massive 650 dmg with 293 pen and has horrible accuracy of 0.42 my way of fixing it is to make the lower plate go up to half way on the tracks with a thickness of 220mm effective and buff the accuracy to a 0.34-0.35 and increase the aim time to 2.6 seconds.

whats your opinion on these ideas i believe these will balance these tanks out to make them still worthy of grinding but balanced to play against, 

Just_Call_Him_Dave #207 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 14:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14024 battles
  • [MYWAY] MYWAY
All I see is [edited]and moaning. WG are doing a great job and giving you free vehiclds. Imho 257 will be OP. 

firewing_dragon #208 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 15:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 8721 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
I have some complaints about the Obj. 257. In my opinion the side armor is just too over powered. The obj. 705 and 705A and pretty good tanks though, and I would like to see them incorporated into the game. The 430U is a little ugly compared to the current 430. I absolutely love the obj. 268 4, I just think it needs a little bit of a lower plate nerf.

mworthy #209 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 19:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11428 battles
  • [941ST] 941ST

View PostJust_Call_Him_Dave, on Jan 22 2018 - 08:18, said:

All I see is [edited]and moaning. WG are doing a great job and giving you free vehiclds. Imho 257 will be OP. 

i dont care if im getting the 263 for free may i remind you its been nerfed, shoots as if its a 152 with a 130 mm gun, and the entire line has been nerfed in rof and accuracy which was what made those tanks fun, they made them faster 152s that deal less damage

The_Pushok #210 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 21:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16825 battles
  • [H-UNT] H-UNT
So, I have the XP in my T-10 to research the IS-7; should I research the IS-7? How does the XP work with the T-10 because I think i read it transfers to the new tier-9, if so, should I jsut keep the XP to unlock the new tier-10?

Joseph #211 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 21:51

Private

• Players
  • 14094 battles
I feel the tank performs quite like it was meant to be, it is not over-powered and it is not terrible, it´s overrall a good tank is the main aspects of it (high alpha damage and armour). The only issue with it, I believe it´s that 252mm of pen does not seem like the penetration this medium should have, the Emil II and Kranvagn have a lower caliber gun but the same pen, so I think it would be a good idea to make the 430 U´s gun similar to the IS-4 (it is already quite similar, but the pen upgrade,which is not massive, to 258mm sounds reasonable).

ChatBanned #212 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 03:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 38808 battles

You guys are going a great job on adding tanks which is the life blood of the game based on expansion and revenue.

Can you please please just buy more server space and bring back some old maps plus some new ones. I have spent a few thousand dollars on the game so I feel my word is relevant just a hair.

_TeMPezT_ #213 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 03:53

Captain

• Players
  • 87583 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
If we unlocked the tank to tier ten, you better give us the replacement tier X tank if not you are a scum for it.

Sebstank #214 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 05:43

Private

• -Players-
  • 1312 battles
I am having trouble downloading this test server pls help.

ZipperDown #215 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 07:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 60183 battles
  • [S--A] S--A
this is bs why couldn't you just add the version 4 to the line . also why isn't the su 122 54 a legacy tank. going to remove it then make us pay money for it in the premium shop later. really upset we begged you to just add the version 4 and to the line but no you have to go and make us mad bc nothing in this game ever happens without making most of us mad. really was simple we all could of won if you just added the version 4 like you did with the 5a. why do you have to cause problems . I like the version 4 even know its alpha and dpm are redic bad but at the expense of 2 good tds the 263 tier ten and the su 122 54 not good. really with all the bad stuff about this game you could of told your community that you care about what we say but you threw that chance away as always with wot. just another reason to find a new game don't want to be grinding tier tens to have them removed or moved or nerfed . sigh really could of been a good thing if you had listened to us .

ZipperDown #216 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 07:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 60183 battles
  • [S--A] S--A

View PostJose_Joe, on Jan 22 2018 - 03:04, said:

1 to 3 is all wrong . the super conq does not need an armor buff and the 705a has weak spots in the front go check out its armor model. well do agree the version 4 is more of the same and number 4 I agree with losing the 263 to tier 9 is going to upset a lot of people including me losing a great tier ten that isn't the same dam thing as all the other tier ten tds . was a great time to show us our feedback mattered. should of just added it to the line everyone wins and at a later time replace the su 122 54 bc it don't fit the line and either make it a legacy tank or keep it til you could find a line for it . WG you did everything we asked you not to do. leave the 263 alone and just add the version 4 to the line would be like the 5a everyone wins.

ZipperDown #217 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 07:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 60183 battles
  • [S--A] S--A
heres an idea put the 263 at tier 9 but also give the tier ten as a legacy tank . like the foch 155 to the foch b only you can add the 263 to tier 9 with the nerfed stats . call it the obj 263A OR U . This way everyone who wants the tier ten 263 gets there way and the tier 9 263A or U can be added to the line then the new tier ten would be version 4 , just an idea. but heres an easier one just add the version 4 have to tier tens on that line . you know that would make everyone happy . but why ever do that.

ZipperDown #218 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 07:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 60183 battles
  • [S--A] S--A

View PostJoseph, on Jan 22 2018 - 21:51, said:

I feel the tank performs quite like it was meant to be, it is not over-powered and it is not terrible, it´s overrall a good tank is the main aspects of it (high alpha damage and armour). The only issue with it, I believe it´s that 252mm of pen does not seem like the penetration this medium should have, the Emil II and Kranvagn have a lower caliber gun but the same pen, so I think it would be a good idea to make the 430 U´s gun similar to the IS-4 (it is already quite similar, but the pen upgrade,which is not massive, to 258mm sounds reasonable).

I AGREE IT NEEDS MORE AP PEN BC YES ITS THE IS4S GUN. BUT THEY WANT US TO SPAM PREMIUM TO LOSE CREDITS AND SPEND MONEY.

A_L_SjustsmackedU #219 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 15:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12338 battles
  • [SOGG] SOGG
IS-3 smokes this tank all day! If your going to put a new hvy in at tier 8 make it equal to the existing teir 8 hvy the is-3. This gun will not pen upper tiers with regular rounds! The IS-3 has 225 pen with reg rounds IS-M 212 pen with standard rounds. One word junk and no one will play the line! It also takes hvy dmg from HE shells. This tank will perform poorly in their 9-10 and will constantly loose credits! Its feels like a medium and takes a hit like a medium. Its armor on paper looks great but in actual battle it feels like paper. You want the average player to be excited about play a tank not made to feel like its a headache!!!!!! This tank will be a headache. The IS-3 was and still is enjoyable tank to play, The IS-M will be a big pain to grind and people will not want to keep it.

A_L_SjustsmackedU #220 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 15:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12338 battles
  • [SOGG] SOGG
Do us all a favor take gold rounds out off test for first round of testing it makes it almost impossible to test regular rounds and tank armor if your getting penned every round. You cannot give a honest opinion on a tank and be able to evaluate if a tank and where if any tweaks or nerfs are needed!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users