Jump to content


IS-7 needs gun pen buff or Type 5 HVY Armor reduce.

IS-7 Penetration Type 5 Heavy

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

DeathRoams #1 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 01:41

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 8691 battles
  • 8
  • [-A-8-] -A-8-
  • Member since:
    07-11-2014
Hello, i would like to bring to your attention that the is-7 has been left behind with all the new penetration and armor systems that have been implemented. Reason i say this because if you look at some of the newer nations heavy tanks, such as the Type 5 HVY where it has between 270-600 MM of effective armor depending angle(this is from the front). I have compared the IS-4 and IS-7 guns and there is something every wrong with this picture. Why is it that a gun that is 8 MM more has less pen than that of a gun with a lower MM.The standard ammo cant even pen some of the medians that have less armor and less sloping(252MM of pen is not enough should be like 280). The gold ammo for IS-7 doesn't even have enough pen to get through its rival in the back or side. 

riversteel #2 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 01:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 90580 battles
  • 274
  • Member since:
    07-01-2011
I think so. that is why sell my is7.

Kamahl1234 #3 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 01:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 18316 battles
  • 9,665
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012

If you can't pen the side or back of the Type 5, especially with premium, I'm afraid that buffing the pen simply wouldn't help you anyways. 

 

What we have here is a PEBKAC



lamberad #4 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 01:51

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 22130 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    08-07-2015
They recently buffed the IS7 not too long ago. It’s base pen has always been rather low for a tier X gun on a heavy tank. I’m not sure why you’re having problems penning mediums with it if you’re running almost pure APCR. I have no issues with thr tanks gun. In fact, I’m my opinion, the IS7 is a very easy tank to do well consistently. 

Tahllol #5 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 01:56

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9622 battles
  • 901
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016
Yeah they made the IS7 pretty pathetic compared to the other heavy tier 10s across the board. The only thing it partially has is speed, but the rest is junk especially the gun and armor.

PM_xD #6 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 02:02

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17132 battles
  • 264
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013
IS-7 is still a very strong tank. In my opinion it is one of the easiest tanks to play and it still has a very strong spot in the meta.

Beornotns #7 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 02:04

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 24183 battles
  • 2,481
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-
  • Member since:
    08-07-2014

View PostTahllol, on Jan 11 2018 - 16:56, said:

Yeah they made the IS7 pretty pathetic compared to the other heavy tier 10s across the board. The only thing it partially has is speed, but the rest is junk especially the gun and armor.

 

May I ask what manner of illicit substance you are currently setting ablaze and then inhaling the burning fumes to receive the highly skewed visions you report to us?

 

Please, tell us about the "junk armor" on the turret on the IS-7?  I am a noob scrub potato and could benefit greatly from your wisdom...

 

:rolleyes:



timelabor #8 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 15:37

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 33404 battles
  • 225
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015

I beat a Type 4 Hvy with my BC 12T -- it just took something like 9 penetrations and a hell of a lot of maneuvering -- The tactics used would have worked on the Type 5 as well.

 

I would have been much happier doing that in an IS7....

 

That being said... the gun of the IS-7 seems slightly less effective than the T-10 that preceded it... and that makes no sense to me.


Edited by timelabor, Jan 12 2018 - 15:53.


Tahllol #9 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 17:13

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9622 battles
  • 901
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

View PostBeornotns, on Jan 12 2018 - 02:04, said:

 

May I ask what manner of illicit substance you are currently setting ablaze and then inhaling the burning fumes to receive the highly skewed visions you report to us?

 

Please, tell us about the "junk armor" on the turret on the IS-7?  I am a noob scrub potato and could benefit greatly from your wisdom...

 

:rolleyes:

 

Well lets look noob, of the front line brawlers the IS 7 and T110E5 have the worst turret armor which is important for brawling and both get pen'd regularly thru the turret now. Especially with pretty much most rounds fired now are Premium thanks to being dirt cheap the turret becomes butter.

 

Add that to probably the worst gun of the tier 10 heavies and you get a screwed tank that isn't going to brawl well which is what they say the IS-7 is supposed to be a front line brawler.



Peak_Bagger #10 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:23

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 13437 battles
  • 658
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
  • Member since:
    03-16-2017

View PostTahllol, on Jan 12 2018 - 17:13, said:

 

Well lets look noob, of the front line brawlers the IS 7 and T110E5 have the worst turret armor which is important for brawling and both get pen'd regularly thru the turret now. Especially with pretty much most rounds fired now are Premium thanks to being dirt cheap the turret becomes butter.

 

Add that to probably the worst gun of the tier 10 heavies and you get a screwed tank that isn't going to brawl well which is what they say the IS-7 is supposed to be a front line brawler.

 

I've recently started up the IS line with the intention of ultimately getting the IS7, which would be my first Tier X. This thread is a little discouraging in that regard. But I thought the IS7 was supposed to be more of a "heavy medium", ideally suited for flanking rather than brawling? Or do I have that wrong?

_Gungrave_ #11 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 39233 battles
  • 13,047
  • [JGRN] JGRN
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
Try carrying some gold in your IS7 then because you're playing tier 10s so its not like you're strapped for cash trying to buy another tank.

eAdam92 #12 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 00:08

    Private

  • Players
  • 18102 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    06-07-2013

View PostPeak_Bagger, on Jan 12 2018 - 17:23, said:

 

I've recently started up the IS line with the intention of ultimately getting the IS7, which would be my first Tier X. This thread is a little discouraging in that regard. But I thought the IS7 was supposed to be more of a "heavy medium", ideally suited for flanking rather than brawling? Or do I have that wrong?

 

Don't you worry my friend, IS-7 is op. I don't really get what peoples talking about it's bad gun... I made it to rank 15 this season only with my IS-7, 60% effectiveness (Matches where you earn chevron), 3k avg dmg. The problem is in my humble opinion is the fact, that those players whos think IS-7 is bad are the players under 50% overall WR. And in most of the cases if you give them a gun with 350 pen, they will fail to pen a maus due to the fact that they has no clue about weakspots, effective armor thickness, angling or sidescraping. So whatever you read on this forum, you always have to check the writer's statistics. 

 

P.s: It's a brawler, you can kill almost every tank 1v1. You just need to know whos your enemy. Against good gundepression tanks (They can look down at your tanks pikenose) better to going around it and/or shoot in the side in a close range (spaced armor on the side can soak up some dmg), if bad gundepression tank, just facehug frontally, they never ever going to pen your turret.


Edited by eAdam92, Mar 12 2018 - 00:12.


pepe_trueno #13 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 00:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 39902 battles
  • 6,117
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

View Postlamberad, on Jan 12 2018 - 01:51, said:

They recently buffed the IS7 not too long ago. It’s base pen has always been rather low for a tier X gun on a heavy tank. I’m not sure why you’re having problems penning mediums with it if you’re running almost pure APCR. I have no issues with thr tanks gun. In fact, I’m my opinion, the IS7 is a very easy tank to do well consistently. 

 

is not that the pen is low, WG has been doing some serious powercreep over the ages and given how is7 was one of the first tanks to be introduced is not surprising it looks bad, i mean back then it had the second best pen in the game.. if anything they need to roll back the powercreep.

YoukaiMori #14 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 00:59

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 14195 battles
  • 309
  • Member since:
    09-01-2010

Type 5 heavy top speed: 25

Type 5 heavy average speed: Around 18 unless you get a solid 45 seconds to hit 24 (I've never hit 25 on flat ground)

Type 5 heavy effective frontal armor: 270mm flat

Type 5 heavy pen: 249, 282 with gold (or 75 with the derp.)

 

IS 7 top speed: 60

IS 7 effective frontal armor: 280+ straight on, 230+ lower plate straight on

IS-7 pen: 250, or 303 with gold

 

Okay sure, buff the IS-7, hahahah you're funny. An IS-7 could easily flank a type 5,  and circle strafe him, as a heavy.

 

Anyways, russian tanks are all [edited]nerf them all. Tier 10s sling gold all day long and the type 5's armor is useless because of it as it is.



_Gungrave_ #15 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 02:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 39233 battles
  • 13,047
  • [JGRN] JGRN
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostYoukaiMori, on Mar 12 2018 - 00:59, said:

Type 5 heavy top speed: 25

Type 5 heavy average speed: Around 18 unless you get a solid 45 seconds to hit 24 (I've never hit 25 on flat ground)

Type 5 heavy effective frontal armor: 270mm flat

Type 5 heavy pen: 249, 282 with gold (or 75 with the derp.)

 

IS 7 top speed: 60

IS 7 effective frontal armor: 280+ straight on, 230+ lower plate straight on

IS-7 pen: 250, or 303 with gold

 

Okay sure, buff the IS-7, hahahah you're funny. An IS-7 could easily flank a type 5,  and circle strafe him, as a heavy.

 

Anyways, russian tanks are all [edited]nerf them all. Tier 10s sling gold all day long and the type 5's armor is useless because of it as it is.

 

Lets also not forget how the Type 5 was an entirely fake tank.

YoukaiMori #16 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 02:15

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 14195 battles
  • 309
  • Member since:
    09-01-2010

View Post_Gungrave_, on Mar 11 2018 - 17:12, said:

 

Lets also not forget how the Type 5 was an entirely fake tank.

 

Let's not forget that over half of the tanks in the russian tree are from 1950-1960 or later, while many tanks in other trees are from 1945 or previous, which is why we get fake/imaginary tanks anyways. For example, the Maus was a pre-end-war prototype that barely worked, and the T62A is from 20 years later.

Peak_Bagger #17 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 17:19

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 13437 battles
  • 658
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F
  • Member since:
    03-16-2017

View PosteAdam92, on Mar 12 2018 - 00:08, said:

 

Don't you worry my friend, IS-7 is op. I don't really get what peoples talking about it's bad gun... I made it to rank 15 this season only with my IS-7, 60% effectiveness (Matches where you earn chevron), 3k avg dmg. The problem is in my humble opinion is the fact, that those players whos think IS-7 is bad are the players under 50% overall WR. And in most of the cases if you give them a gun with 350 pen, they will fail to pen a maus due to the fact that they has no clue about weakspots, effective armor thickness, angling or sidescraping. So whatever you read on this forum, you always have to check the writer's statistics.

 

P.s: It's a brawler, you can kill almost every tank 1v1. You just need to know whos your enemy. Against good gundepression tanks (They can look down at your tanks pikenose) better to going around it and/or shoot in the side in a close range (spaced armor on the side can soak up some dmg), if bad gundepression tank, just facehug frontally, they never ever going to pen your turret.

 

Thanks Adam. I'm now about 20K experience away from the IS-7. Looking forward to using it in strongholds and pubs.

M0nkE #18 Posted Mar 12 2018 - 19:34

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20531 battles
  • 135
  • [NICO] NICO
  • Member since:
    03-12-2011

View PostTahllol, on Jan 12 2018 - 16:13, said:

 

Well lets look noob, of the front line brawlers the IS 7 and T110E5 have the worst turret armor which is important for brawling and both get pen'd regularly thru the turret now. Especially with pretty much most rounds fired now are Premium thanks to being dirt cheap the turret becomes butter.

 

Add that to probably the worst gun of the tier 10 heavies and you get a screwed tank that isn't going to brawl well which is what they say the IS-7 is supposed to be a front line brawler.

 

Worst turret armor? The E3 has difficulty reliably penning it with 375 APCR if it's hull-down. Unless you're face-hugging a Maus so he can overmatch your hatches, your turret is nearly invincible. 

TheCuro #19 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 16:34

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 16079 battles
  • 175
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
  • Member since:
    10-26-2014

The only thing the Type 5 needs is its gun reworked, the derp is just stupid at tier 10. E100s shooting straight HE was a meme, and I'd throw some at hull down Is7s to check to them, but the Type 5s HE is viable AF and actually cancerous to play against as it removes the skills of aiming, weakspots and using armor. But at the same time the 14cm AP gun on the Type is inadequate. The IS7's recent HP buff made it a solid tank again after it was power creeped, It requires little to no change.

 

As for the Type's armor its gimped by its layout, if a type angles his front he exposes his shoulders, this is in direct contrast to the E100 and MAUS which can angle without exposing such a large flat section of armor. But the E100 still suffers from a rather soft LFP and with the proposed HP buff to the FailLowe your looking at it being powercreeped even more. No the Type 5s armor is strong yes, but like the E100 it sees full HEAT/APCR spam against it, with the current state of the game/pen values it needs armour values that can combat the opponents it faces.



george68 #20 Posted Mar 13 2018 - 19:09

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 75207 battles
  • 48
  • [RAI] RAI
  • Member since:
    02-14-2012
and obj 705 has the same cannon as is7, meaning cache high precision and huge loading time. at least 7 has the speed not as obj705




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users