Jump to content


How unfair can you be?


  • Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Mfezi #1 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 17:41

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9797 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016

The attached graphic illustrates just how wrong MM can get it when player skill is NOT taken into account. Not only are the sides somewhat unbalanced skill-wise, but most of the good players are in top tier tanks!.... :)

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   xvm1.jpg   117.1K

Edited by Mfezi, Jan 12 2018 - 17:42.


_Tsavo #2 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 17:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 38960 battles
  • 14,634
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

Where's the graphic?

 

I'm on the fence about SBMM, mostly due to a compression of the win rate spread.  Less wins for me :C



scharnhorst310 #3 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 17:45

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 24440 battles
  • 5,813
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostMfezi, on Jan 12 2018 - 08:41, said:

The attached graphic illustrates just how wrong MM can get it when player skill is NOT taken into account. Not only are the sides somewhat unbalanced skill-wise, but most of the good players are in top tier tanks!.... :)

 

 

You mean you don't want players of your caliber being in top tier tanks? hmm. How about show me a graphic about how large the skill "unbalance" of teams are after lets say a thousand matches. Don't forget to take into account your own negative effect on causing the "unbalance" 

HITMAN19832006 #4 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 17:48

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 680 battles
  • 9
  • [LTE_H] LTE_H
  • Member since:
    11-29-2017

I have to agree with the OP. Skill or even experienced based would be better than just tank. We know the MM tracks your Win Rate and if you're above 52% then welcome to hell. You get the pleasure of ending up for as many suicide/goon squad teams until it drops below.

Not that WG remotely care a what we think btw



ClydeCooper421 #5 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 17:49

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13025 battles
  • 2,720
  • [LOAD] LOAD
  • Member since:
    05-18-2015
It's unfair that it put the skilled players in top tier tanks? wthdoes that even mean. Since players are better than others they should get worse mm? wth? 

VinnyI82 #6 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 17:51

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 32631 battles
  • 1,510
  • [POSHY] POSHY
  • Member since:
    07-23-2010

View PostMfezi, on Jan 12 2018 - 11:41, said:

The attached graphic illustrates just how wrong MM can get it when player skill is NOT taken into account. Not only are the sides somewhat unbalanced skill-wise, but most of the good players are in top tier tanks!.... :)

 

 

That sucks.  Just uninstall the xvm part and you won't see it.

Mfezi #7 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 17:51

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9797 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016

View Post_Tsavo, on Jan 12 2018 - 17:43, said:

Where's the graphic?

 

I'm on the fence about SBMM, mostly due to a compression of the win rate spread.  Less wins for me :C

 

You should see the graphic now!....



SirMuttonChops #8 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 17:52

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 6914 battles
  • 795
  • [DTC] DTC
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013

Well, technically that is fairly fair match as one side doesn't have any distinct advantage in terms of tank types.

 

I've been in matches where one side had heavy armour heavies and high alpha TDs while my side had fast heavies and thin armoured TDs in a city map. That could be considered unfair.

 

SBMM would be nice, World of Warcraft proved it can, does and will always work, but for now this is the best we have. It's still miles ahead of where it used to be.



F_Type #9 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 17:54

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17652 battles
  • 1,031
  • [_FAM_] _FAM_
  • Member since:
    10-15-2012
MM that takes skill into account would make too much sense for WG

Mfezi #10 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 17:57

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9797 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016

View PostClydeCooper421, on Jan 12 2018 - 17:49, said:

It's unfair that it put the skilled players in top tier tanks? wthdoes that even mean. Since players are better than others they should get worse mm? wth? 

 

It means that the imbalance is compounded when the skilfull players on the enemy team also happen to drive top tier tanks!....

 



Seth_VonLiopod #11 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:01

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11543 battles
  • 220
  • [SOLID] SOLID
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012
Pre-made platoons in pugs can cause serious MM problems.
Isolating platoons to separate platoon-only matches can cause serious MM problems. 
MMO life goes on.

Kerosedge #12 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:01

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18642 battles
  • 623
  • [HCK] HCK
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013
Yep my entire week been like that OP. And I don't even use XVM (Just makes me mad). One can just tell.

Mfezi #13 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:02

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9797 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016

View Postscharnhorst310, on Jan 12 2018 - 17:45, said:

 

You mean you don't want players of your caliber being in top tier tanks? hmm. How about show me a graphic about how large the skill "unbalance" of teams are after lets say a thousand matches. Don't forget to take into account your own negative effect on causing the "unbalance" 

 

You always find a way of making things personal - this is supposed to be a general discussion!....

OLDIRTYBOMBER #14 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:06

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 8056 battles
  • 1,179
  • [JOY] JOY
  • Member since:
    09-05-2016

It gets really fun when you randomly roll variations of criteria that generally result it a sht game several times in a row. :great:

 



Manimal__ #15 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 37802 battles
  • 3,375
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View Post_Tsavo, on Jan 12 2018 - 08:43, said:

Where's the graphic?

 

I'm on the fence about SBMM, mostly due to a compression of the win rate spread.  Less wins for me :C

 

SBMM won't improve the game drastically enough to really make the game that much better for the bottom feeders.

 

OP complains about the skill level distribution yet is one of the tomatoes with 46% wr. To me it sounds like OP wants better players on the team to carry him to a victory.



Entropiated #16 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:09

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13381 battles
  • 363
  • Member since:
    06-21-2013

SBMM is, essentially, communism. It's an attempt at equality of outcome, and as such it should be avoided. The only proponents of SBMM are people who know they can't really compete in a free and open system, and therefore demand that WG forcefully removes wins from successful players and distributes them among people who really haven't earned them.

The best system would be a matchmaker where two teams are put together with equivalent tanks, and that's it. Sometimes you'd get unbalanced teams, but over time things would all balance out. The game should be put together fairly, then the result should be decided by the players (equality of opportunity). 



Hurk #17 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 47775 battles
  • 14,693
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostEntropiated, on Jan 12 2018 - 10:09, said:

SBMM is, essentially, communism. It's an attempt at equality of outcome, and as such it should be avoided. The only proponents of SBMM are people who know they can't really compete in a free and open system, and therefore demand that WG forcefully removes wins from successful players and distributes them among people who really haven't earned them.

The best system would be a matchmaker where two teams are put together with equivalent tanks, and that's it. Sometimes you'd get unbalanced teams, but over time things would all balance out. The game should be put together fairly, then the result should be decided by the players (equality of opportunity). 

this is total and complete grade A horse manure. 



strenfoo #18 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:11

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12332 battles
  • 1,233
  • [C_NTS] C_NTS
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

Typical tomato post.  Blames the MM for his loss instead of accepting the fact that he is part of the problem.  Put your big boy pants on and learn to carry instead of always relying on the good players to carry you.

 

and stop using XVM.  It's clearly not helping you.


Edited by strenfoo, Jan 12 2018 - 18:15.


Nunya_000 #19 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 20774 battles
  • 10,475
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View PostMfezi, on Jan 12 2018 - 08:41, said:

The attached graphic illustrates just how wrong MM can get it when player skill is NOT taken into account. Not only are the sides somewhat unbalanced skill-wise, but most of the good players are in top tier tanks!.... :)

 

 

Looks very fair.  Both teams have 3 tier 10 tanks, 3 tier 9 tanks, and 9 tier 8 tanks.....and they are all fairly comparable to their counterpart on the other team.  Since MM was never designed to consider skill, then it is not at fault for the teams being unbalanced skill-wise.  While you might not like it when you are sometimes given the short stick, there are probably just as many battles where you are on the "good"  team.

scharnhorst310 #20 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:15

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 24440 battles
  • 5,813
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostMfezi, on Jan 12 2018 - 09:02, said:

 

You always find a way of making things personal - this is supposed to be a general discussion!....

 

Except that you picked a personal, SINGLE, game as some sort of evidence of the game itself treating YOU unfairly. So you did make it about yourself, you, the awful tier 8 player with awful platoon mates. For 10k battles, unbelievable amount of hours playing... this game was trying to tell you "hey if you actually learn to play well we give you these extra rewards so you can get that new shiny tank you always wanted" but you said "nah f that, i keep pressing this battle button enough times you'll let me fail up to it" 

 

What i personally find hilarious is, bad players like you already get blessed by the current MM system. This game ensures that you will be randomly selected to be on teams capable of carrying you to wins you had no business getting. Roughly 40% of your games this mm just gives you wins, and yet you want it to be even easier... yeah totally makes sense. If there wasn't a random MM and you won and loss purely based on performance, i don't know if you'd win 10% of your games. Bad players should be on their knees thanking wg. 


Edited by scharnhorst310, Jan 12 2018 - 18:19.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users