gun marks prestige

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

spacecondomtherourth #1 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 24936 battles
  • [VISER] VISER

I think it would be a good idea if wg added a prestige to the gun marks and to individual tanks as well so the average wot player can achieve some end game for their favorite tanks.

For gun marks reset the stat to zero and have to get new gun marks again but give it a cooler color like bronze silver gold plat. etc and rewarding players that prestige it with unique camos or paints apply able only to that tank like unhistorical gold etc. and other gizmos. 

For people that cant get the threshold of 95% for the 3rd gun mark let them accumulate free xp and be put into prestige xp to be given unique camos and other cosmetics for their tank that they enjoy to play and would be a form of rewarding a player for playing a lot of a tank that they like. 

let me know what you guys think and add suggestions so we as a community can help make the game better.  

Zanarkand_C #2 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23414 battles
I dig whatever makes the game more fun for you! But be warned, posting stuff like this drags out the self taught professors who will attempt to tell you why your idea may lead to the end of all things.

Ndtm #3 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:49

Major

• Players
  • 17375 battles
You want to reset the marks? oh heck no, i'm bad as it is and was hard to get my second mark on the Type 62 and i don't want to go through that again

SenaKashiwazaki #4 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14684 battles
  • [-L-L-] -L-L-
I like the idea.... Just don't like where you can spend Special EXP. to get marks.

_Tsavo_ #5 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:57

Major

• Players
  • 40044 battles

I'd be more OK with those who've got marks already to be grandfathered into such a thing.  Say, you get a special camo for the tank with the 3rd mark, you get it for all existing 4rd marks you have and so on.

I'd not be happy with everything reset back to 0.  I'd get them all back over time, but I'd rather not do that again.

holdmecloserTonyDanza #6 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 19:01

Major

• Players
  • 60740 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
i dont think there is anything wrong with trying to come up with new ways to engage players.  but I don't think that people should get punished for working to get marks by having them reset...if it was a voluntary thing absolutely kind of like the old COD marks.  I have no problem with that...but having my marks taken away would be...annoying

WhineMaker #7 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 19:07

Major

• Players
  • 32175 battles

View PostSenaKashiwazaki, on Jan 12 2018 - 09:51, said:

I like the idea.... Just don't like where you can spend Special EXP. to get marks.

Just go to Ebay and spend real $$ for any MOE's... :coin:

Lots of prestige sold there... ;)

heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 19:48

Major

• Players
  • 63017 battles

View PostNdtm, on Jan 12 2018 - 12:49, said:

You want to reset the marks? oh heck no, i'm bad as it is and was hard to get my second mark on the Type 62 and i don't want to go through that again

View Post_Tsavo, on Jan 12 2018 - 12:57, said:

I'd be more OK with those who've got marks already to be grandfathered into such a thing.  Say, you get a special camo for the tank with the 3rd mark, you get it for all existing 4rd marks you have and so on.

I'd not be happy with everything reset back to 0.  I'd get them all back over time, but I'd rather not do that again.

View PostholdmecloserTonyDanza, on Jan 12 2018 - 13:01, said:

i dont think there is anything wrong with trying to come up with new ways to engage players.  but I don't think that people should get punished for working to get marks by having them reset...if it was a voluntary thing absolutely kind of like the old COD marks.  I have no problem with that...but having my marks taken away would be...annoying

madgiecool #9 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 20:25

Major

• Players
  • 50179 battles
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB

MoE's

Mastery emblems

More crew skills

I think there is enough already to keep me playing the tanks I have w/o getting more bling.

Thou, if there was more ways I could customise my tanks to look different in game (apart from the paint we already have), I'ld be interested in that.

e.g.  why can't I choose to dismount the machine gun?  It's only a cosmetic effect.  What if I want a 40mm instead?  It's still just cosmetic.

dominator_98 #10 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 20:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 18734 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
Did you post something in skill4ltu’s twitch chat earlier today? Somebody was mentioning this earlier. This sort of thing (4th marks and resetting marks to get cool camos) would really only be for players like skill4ltu. For those that don’t know him, skill4ltu three marked every tank in the game on EU and is attempting to get every tank in the game up to 100% on the RU server. He’s gonna run out of servers to reroll on eventually at the rate he’s going.

spacecondomtherourth #11 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 21:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 24936 battles
  • [VISER] VISER

It would only reset if you choose to reset it like COD prestige if you don't want you you don't have to. i posted in circonflexes chat about it I'm assuming maybe someone jumped it over to his maybe idk. to be more specific with marks get to 95 percent do you want to prestige mark yes or no. you say yes now you start at 0 percent but now with a fancy camo and a bronze colored mark but if you say no you keep third mark and stay at said percentage. 

Now for those who cant get thirds marks but enjoy a tank alot let them opt into prestiging the tank or not prettiging into the tank itself as well. so you can get more camos and what have you for the tank/ I was thinking of reseting the tank stats but not have it affect your overall record, but idk how that would work so lets throw that in the place where mines should be the trash can for now. I also think the camos should be nation specific and only can be applied to that tank.

DUKE_AUTY #12 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 03:40

Captain

• Players
  • 35764 battles

Why?

I don't believe anybody wants to start over earning marks.

There are more pressing issues for the programmers to address.

DeadmeatTSM #13 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 18:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 22942 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
I’d rather see if you 3 mark a tank then you get some free decal that’s very visible to put on your hull or turret. Not just the barrel. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users