Exceptions provided by Wargaming.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Exceptions provided by Wargaming. (14 members have cast votes)

Was the change in the exceptions policy publicized enough?

1. What are exceptions? (3 votes [21.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. Yes (6 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. No (1 vote [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

4. They changed the exception policy? (4 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

_HyperLynx #1 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 21:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16106 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

Hey guys. With the release of the upcoming Soviet Tank changes, I decided that it was a good time to go ahead and use an exception to recover the T-10 back for a slot and the sale price. However, I was met with shock when I submitted a ticket. They told me that exceptions can now only be used for Premium vehicles, and the policy changed over the new years. I proceeded to lecture them on how it wasn't publicized. They told me that they sent an email, acknowledging that I may not have gotten it if I did not subscribe to their newsletter. I'm just wondering. Did you know about this? I mean I can totally just spend the credits and buy the T-10 full price... but I'd like to save some credits. I personally never heard anything about it and no one in my clan community ever talked about it either.

With the recent scandle with the 5xs on purchased premium tanks expiring, I wonder if they intentionally publicized it to a limited medium(through their newsletter) so they can say that they did tell us.

If I am wrong and most of you knew about this, tell me. I usually check the WOT website and forums fairly often, and I am just shocked that I didn't know about this.

Thanks!

Edit: Exceptions are provided by wargaming to give you some room in case you make a dumb mistake regarding accidently use of gold on slots or credit conversion. They also offered to restore vehicles for the sale price behind 2018, but have now, with imo not much notice, changed it so only premium vehicles can be restored. https://na.wargaming...kb/articles/324

Edited by _HyperLynx, Jan 12 2018 - 21:38.

DREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS #2 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 21:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33693 battles
  • [_FAM_] _FAM_
Yeah.  It was sometime this year I believe.   

FrozenKemp #3 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 21:40

Major

• Players
  • 43815 battles
Newsletter?  Man what? 

cloudwalkr #4 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 52606 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

hmm...i had no idea either.

Not surprised by WG response though.   So they didn't publicize it on the game web-page?  Sounds legit.

stalkervision #5 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 21:45

Major

• Players
  • 52306 battles
very nice newsletter. There was a bit about a group flight to Cyprus,first come first serve, if I recall to meet the big cheese and have ones picture taken with him for a nominal fee. Then a BYOB party at WG headquarters or something like that. 

Nunya_000 #6 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 22:24

Major

• Players
  • 20774 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Post_HyperLynx, on Jan 12 2018 - 12:33, said:

Hey guys. With the release of the upcoming Soviet Tank changes, I decided that it was a good time to go ahead and use an exception to recover the T-10 back for a slot and the sale price. However, I was met with shock when I submitted a ticket. They told me that exceptions can now only be used for Premium vehicles, and the policy changed over the new years. I proceeded to lecture them on how it wasn't publicized. They told me that they sent an email, acknowledging that I may not have gotten it if I did not subscribe to their newsletter. I'm just wondering. Did you know about this? I mean I can totally just spend the credits and buy the T-10 full price... but I'd like to save some credits. I personally never heard anything about it and no one in my clan community ever talked about it either.

With the recent scandle with the 5xs on purchased premium tanks expiring, I wonder if they intentionally publicized it to a limited medium(through their newsletter) so they can say that they did tell us.

If I am wrong and most of you knew about this, tell me. I usually check the WOT website and forums fairly often, and I am just shocked that I didn't know about this.

Thanks!

Edit: Exceptions are provided by wargaming to give you some room in case you make a dumb mistake regarding accidently use of gold on slots or credit conversion. They also offered to restore vehicles for the sale price behind 2018, but have now, with imo not much notice, changed it so only premium vehicles can be restored. https://na.wargaming...kb/articles/324

If I remember correctly, this was changed when they added the function to return a sold tank through the garage.  I believe it can be done through the 'store' in the game, but I could be wrong.  I also believe that you have to recover the vehicle within a certain time frame, but again, I could be wrong.....and yes, I believe we were notified via email and there was a article posted on the portal page.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users