Jump to content


1sided battles are back

matchmaker

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

JTiborM #1 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 23:24

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 30137 battles
  • 54
  • [UGKB] UGKB
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

Is it me or are 1 sided matches back with a vengeance????   

This 3-5-7 matchmaker is utter garbage. 



xrays_ #2 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 23:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 44927 battles
  • 3,117
  • [FELOW] FELOW
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

Well, since one side has to win each match (aside from draws)...

 

x.



Bear031 #3 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 23:31

    Captain

  • Players
  • 55909 battles
  • 1,306
  • [ANASS] ANASS
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011
They never left and will not until skill level is included in MM. Balancing tanks, while important,  does not mean as much - a purple player in a underpowered tank will usually defeat a tomato in an OP tank

Markd73 #4 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 23:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 29094 battles
  • 4,152
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostJTiborM, on Jan 12 2018 - 22:24, said:

Is it me or are 1 sided matches back with a vengeance????   

This 3-5-7 matchmaker is utter garbage. 

 

They never left. 

 



GeorgePreddy #5 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 23:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 14334 battles
  • 7,382
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

Matches are even except for your own self when measured over a large sample size... so what's the problem ??

 

 

 



rich73 #6 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 23:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 46574 battles
  • 5,604
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011
When were they gone?

Flarvin #7 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 23:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 48807 battles
  • 11,433
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

Who knew that 15v15 random team matches where “scoring” removes a player from the other team, would result in some lopsided matches? 

 

Regardless the teams’ tier restrictions the MM has.

 

I guess critical thinking is lacking in some. 

 

lol



__Mystic #8 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 23:55

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 23634 battles
  • 283
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    12-29-2014
Skill based MM would not fix anything. You would still have the case where the high skill player on team A is in a 50b, and the high skill player on team B is in a leopard1. Team A has the better chance still because of the potential of the tanks.

Matches in this game tend to snowball. Meaning when team gains the upper hand, the game steadily goea more and more in their favor. You even see it in CW. One match of say MAHOU vs OTTER could end as 15-3 for MAHOU, then next time on the same map it could go 15-2 for OTTER.

MFGrant #9 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:05

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 9931 battles
  • 1,779
  • [DVAB] DVAB
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View Post__Mystic, on Jan 12 2018 - 16:55, said:

Skill based MM would not fix anything. You would still have the case where the high skill player on team A is in a 50b, and the high skill player on team B is in a leopard1. Team A has the better chance still because of the potential of the tanks.

Matches in this game tend to snowball. Meaning when team gains the upper hand, the game steadily goea more and more in their favor. You even see it in CW. One match of say MAHOU vs OTTER could end as 15-3 for MAHOU, then next time on the same map it could go 15-2 for OTTER.

 

Thank you.  I don't understand why people seem to think a steamroll is a result of poor matchmaking.  It's a simple numbers game.   Yes, I will agree, it is more likely a team full of bad players can be rolled easier than a team of better players, but once people start dying skill level can only work so much.

F_Type #10 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17691 battles
  • 1,078
  • [_FAM_] _FAM_
  • Member since:
    10-15-2012
They never left

Komitadjie #11 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:21

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 1635 battles
  • 2,166
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    11-10-2011
They *do* seem to be worse than usual today? Kinda weird, last several days haven't been too bad, but from this morning, it's been nothing but stomps, either my team or the other.

Flarvin #12 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 48807 battles
  • 11,433
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostKomitadjie, on Jan 12 2018 - 18:21, said:

They *do* seem to be worse than usual today? Kinda weird, last several days haven't been too bad, but from this morning, it's been nothing but stomps, either my team or the other.

 

Everyone will go through periods of more blowouts. It seems you and the OP are getting one at the same time. 



RedBaronK #13 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 37406 battles
  • 2,383
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2012

View PostBear031, on Jan 12 2018 - 22:31, said:

They never left and will not until skill level is included in MM. Balancing tanks, while important,  does not mean as much - a purple player in a underpowered tank will usually defeat a tomato in an OP tank

 

View Postrich73, on Jan 12 2018 - 22:49, said:

When were they gone?

 



Eisenriese #14 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:09

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 13405 battles
  • 467
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016
I haven't seen a "nail bitter" game since the 3/5/7 MM came about. Seems 15-4 is the new norm for game past T6. Today I have played 20 games and winning or losing them all by 15-5 average. Closest ending score was 15-9. Had 3 games in a row (3/5/7 T10) with a 15-1 ending score. Not that it matters but 2 were wins the other was a lose.

Komitadjie #15 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:14

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 1635 battles
  • 2,166
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    11-10-2011

View PostFlarvin, on Jan 13 2018 - 00:29, said:

 

Everyone will go through periods of more blowouts. It seems you and the OP are getting one at the same time. 

 

Oh yeah, I've been on those streaks before.  Just agreeing that I've got one going today as well.  I'm doing ok, generally, unless I get wiped before I can even get into position (had that one happen earlier today, my JT was being slapped around by lights before I could even drive up to a firing position, we lost that by 15:3ish, as I recall) but man, I just can't BUY an even game today.  Win or lose, it's seldom by less than 2:1, usually 3:1 or more.  Last couple weeks it's been at least decent, with MOST of the games being competitive at least.  But man, today... ugh!  

Woebegoneslug #16 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:36

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 21165 battles
  • 164
  • [H2OW] H2OW
  • Member since:
    12-31-2015

I have been keeping a little unofficial chart and I can safely say that blowouts are in vogue now.  

 

I am on so many losing teams due to mismatched MM that it is mathematically impossible unless deliberate.   I believe that MM is largely to blame. 

 

I am only in a close game, or a really challenging one about 1 in 10 matches now.   

 

My losses are gruesome blowouts for the most part.   3-15, 4-15, 5-15.   On the other side it's no different.  My few wins are blowouts as well.   15-2, 15-5, 15-3.  you get the picture. 

 

There are GROSS inconsistencies with matchmaking.   Just today I played a game where the enemy had 7000 more hp's than my team.  That's like giving the other team TWO extra Maus!!!!!

 

The vast majority of my games are mismatches where my team has 1000 or more fewer hp's that the enemy.     No way to win that way. 



Flarvin #17 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 48807 battles
  • 11,433
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostKomitadjie, on Jan 12 2018 - 19:14, said:

 

Oh yeah, I've been on those streaks before.  Just agreeing that I've got one going today as well.  I'm doing ok, generally, unless I get wiped before I can even get into position (had that one happen earlier today, my JT was being slapped around by lights before I could even drive up to a firing position, we lost that by 15:3ish, as I recall) but man, I just can't BUY an even game today.  Win or lose, it's seldom by less than 2:1, usually 3:1 or more.  Last couple weeks it's been at least decent, with MOST of the games being competitive at least.  But man, today... ugh!  

 

I agree. Being a bad streak sucks. 

 

But the only way to get rid streaks, is to rig the MM. 



n00bfarmer #18 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 02:22

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 21 battles
  • 168
  • Member since:
    12-14-2017
The problem I have with the 3/5/7 matchmaker is that it puts too much on the shoulders of the three top tier tanks to do their jobs. One or two good players in the top tier tanks on one team and three tomatoes on the other team usually results in a steam roll. I think they should change the templates. Have a 5/5/5, 5/10 and all same tier templates. This would also have another beneficial effect of putting you in top tier battles more often since there would be more top tier slots to fill up. Better yet, remove the template system all together because it is boring and go back to the old mm but with the recent improvements to tank type mirroring so that both teams get the same tank types matched with each other.

Edited by n00bfarmer, Jan 13 2018 - 02:24.


SoTrue #19 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 06:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 24624 battles
  • 2,925
  • Member since:
    04-01-2011

View PostJTiborM, on Jan 12 2018 - 14:24, said:

Is it me or are 1 sided matches back with a vengeance???? 

This 3-5-7 matchmaker is utter garbage.

 

It has nothing to do with 3/5/7.  It is 100% the fact that the skill is not balanced between teams.  Do yourself a favor, install XVM for just 1 week.  Take note of just how many battles are set up with one team have 5,6,...10 more skilled players than the other team.  Tier spread means nothing.  I'd take a 15 man purple team in tier 6 vs. a 15 man red team in tier 10 - every single time.

docroberts #20 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 07:45

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18330 battles
  • 736
  • [TONKX] TONKX
  • Member since:
    03-08-2013
They never left , but in fact they did get worse .. My numbers fell in the outhouse and I dont think they will recover after this mess . Makes Amor Warfare more inviting all the time again . Don't like the graphics or the modern tank idea , but sure the hell is better than every game a loss for days . At least you make silver and can grind and play the tanks you want to play instead of losing everything in one match . 





Also tagged with matchmaker

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users