Jump to content


Predict the Outcome


  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

churchill50 #21 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:50

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 16434 battles
  • 1,945
  • [HIME] HIME
  • Member since:
    05-17-2014

OP, I have a little secret to share with you. However, this secret is known only to good players, so keep it quiet.

 

You can ensure that you always have a good player on your team. It's quite easy in fact. All you have to do is be that player.

Go try it. I can promise that if you become a good player, you will win more of your games, do more damage, and will always have a good player on your team.



Red_Ensign #22 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 7328 battles
  • 6,411
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    02-14-2013

View PostMfezi, on Jan 12 2018 - 16:57, said:

I'm finding XVM quite interesting and invite you all to predict the outcome from the attached graphic. The first correct answer can have my StuG IV.....

 

 

I'd say the outcome will be... sh1tepoasting?

Mfezi #23 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:58

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 17360 battles
  • 738
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016

View Post_Tsavo, on Jan 13 2018 - 01:38, said:

 

So what happens when to the win rates of players if you give such balance?  

 

It would probably bring all win rates closer to 50%. I suspect this is why those players with above average win rates would not support this change to the MM.... :(

 

 



GeorgePreddy #24 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 9,250
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostMfezi, on Jan 12 2018 - 20:32, said:

 I think that this XVM data provides strong evidence in support of those who would like to see MM updated to include player skill.

 

WG considered SBMM very carefully 9 years ago when they were forming the game and they have considered it many times since.

 

They have always made the right decision NOT to use it in Random Battles.

 

They consistently have said it will never happen.

 

Thank goodness !!

 



Mfezi #25 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 02:00

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 17360 battles
  • 738
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016

View Postchurchill50, on Jan 13 2018 - 01:50, said:

OP, I have a little secret to share with you. However, this secret is known only to good players, so keep it quiet.

 

You can ensure that you always have a good player on your team. It's quite easy in fact. All you have to do is be that player.

Go try it. I can promise that if you become a good player, you will win more of your games, do more damage, and will always have a good player on your team.

 

Then MM would put me on the same team as all the other good players!....

churchill50 #26 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 02:04

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 16434 battles
  • 1,945
  • [HIME] HIME
  • Member since:
    05-17-2014

View PostMfezi, on Jan 12 2018 - 18:00, said:

 

Then MM would put me on the same team as all the other good players!....

 

Yeah, no. Try again.

If you had just seen the teams I've been getting recently, you would know that wasn't true.



Mfezi #27 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 02:04

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 17360 battles
  • 738
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 13 2018 - 01:59, said:

 

WG considered SBMM very carefully 9 years ago when they were forming the game and they have considered it many times since.

 

They have always made the right decision NOT to use it in Random Battles.

 

They consistently have said it will never happen.

 

Thank goodness !!

 

 

and you are happy to go along with it - why???....

R_Razor #28 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 02:08

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8039 battles
  • 1,686
  • [_DDM] _DDM
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostMfezi, on Jan 12 2018 - 20:04, said:

 

and you are happy to go along with it - why???....

 

Because he would find it incredibly difficult to retain his tier 2 stats if he had to consistently face another player with his experience in tier 2. 

_Tsavo_ #29 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 02:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 40961 battles
  • 16,839
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View PostMfezi, on Jan 12 2018 - 19:58, said:

 

It would probably bring all win rates closer to 50%. I suspect this is why those players with above average win rates would not support this change to the MM.... :(

 

 

 

Here's why I'm not a fan of that.

 

 

I was you.  I was there.  I was bad.

 

This screenshot is OOOLLLDDDDDDDDDD, but I pissed someone off in a match and they rode me down.  I blamed MM, I blamed my teammates, I blamed the system being rigged against me, I blamed everything but myself.  Those who got angry at my 39% win rate tier 8 gameplay?  They didn't know what they were talking about, they were just stat padding know-it-alls.    So, just as I nearing 5,000 battles, that guy who was riding me down said something along the lines of "Improve you and you'll always have a good player on your team"

 

 

So, yeah, that screenshot shows a 50% win rate.  A padded win rate as I was only able to actually win and not be a total anchor to my team in the M2 Light, played with my friends in platoons also in M2s.  I was a baddie.

 

Take away that M2 light and I was a 45%er

 

It doesn't happen overnight, and it'll take some self reflection to find flaws and faults in yourself, but focus on you.  Don't ask for an easier time, make that easier time.  Make yourself an advantage to your team.  MM doesn't care about your stats, or mine, or anyone's stats, it just throws us all into the MM abyss and if we want to go win more and have more balanced games, we gotta bring that balance ourselves.

 

I'm still not where I need to be, I have bright moments in tiers 8, 9, and 10, but I'm still making too many mistakes and still have a ways to go.  

 

So don't give a damn about the skill compositions of others players, you can't control them and you can't pick the enemy team you fight.  

 

If you want some help in that department, let me know.  But I've found more enjoyment out of this game as I'm able to get into better positions, put myself into better positions, and when those games come down to the wire, I trust that I'll have a decent shot at pulling that victory home.

 

 



Rush_91 #30 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 03:09

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 10812 battles
  • 1,162
  • [FATED] FATED
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016

View Post_Tsavo, on Jan 13 2018 - 02:33, said:

 

Here's why I'm not a fan of that.

 

 

I was you.  I was there.  I was bad.

 

This screenshot is OOOLLLDDDDDDDDDD, but I pissed someone off in a match and they rode me down.  I blamed MM, I blamed my teammates, I blamed the system being rigged against me, I blamed everything but myself.  Those who got angry at my 39% win rate tier 8 gameplay?  They didn't know what they were talking about, they were just stat padding know-it-alls.    So, just as I nearing 5,000 battles, that guy who was riding me down said something along the lines of "Improve you and you'll always have a good player on your team"

 

 

So, yeah, that screenshot shows a 50% win rate.  A padded win rate as I was only able to actually win and not be a total anchor to my team in the M2 Light, played with my friends in platoons also in M2s.  I was a baddie.

 

Take away that M2 light and I was a 45%er

 

It doesn't happen overnight, and it'll take some self reflection to find flaws and faults in yourself, but focus on you.  Don't ask for an easier time, make that easier time.  Make yourself an advantage to your team.  MM doesn't care about your stats, or mine, or anyone's stats, it just throws us all into the MM abyss and if we want to go win more and have more balanced games, we gotta bring that balance ourselves.

 

I'm still not where I need to be, I have bright moments in tiers 8, 9, and 10, but I'm still making too many mistakes and still have a ways to go.  

 

So don't give a damn about the skill compositions of others players, you can't control them and you can't pick the enemy team you fight.  

 

If you want some help in that department, let me know.  But I've found more enjoyment out of this game as I'm able to get into better positions, put myself into better positions, and when those games come down to the wire, I trust that I'll have a decent shot at pulling that victory home.

 

 

You used to suck at tonks? I'm working on pulling my stats up and this is inspirational! Thank you for sharing!



_Tsavo_ #31 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 03:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 40961 battles
  • 16,839
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View PostRush_91, on Jan 12 2018 - 21:09, said:

You used to suck at tonks? I'm working on pulling my stats up and this is inspirational! Thank you for sharing!

 

Yup.

 

I'm still a very flawed player.  I'm aggressive and not that good at conserving my HP.  My survival rate is atrocious.  I take a lot of risks, but I think they're calculated enough to pay off most of the time.  And I'm still unreliable with my tier 10 performance.

 



Albinosmurfs #32 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 03:34

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12642 battles
  • 493
  • [HARM] HARM
  • Member since:
    11-21-2015

View PostMfezi, on Jan 13 2018 - 02:04, said:

 

and you are happy to go along with it - why???....

Why fight a good decision? SBM would be terrible for the game and I can't see a metric they could use to make teams even matched. You say skill but which specific aspects and how many sets of variables does it need to even out for you to be happy?



Rush_91 #33 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 04:21

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 10812 battles
  • 1,162
  • [FATED] FATED
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016

View Post_Tsavo, on Jan 13 2018 - 03:14, said:

 

Yup.

 

I'm still a very flawed player.  I'm aggressive and not that good at conserving my HP.  My survival rate is atrocious.  I take a lot of risks, but I think they're calculated enough to pay off most of the time.  And I'm still unreliable with my tier 10 performance.

 

I'm highly inconsistent in my game play. In a normal day I'll have three to five "unicum" level games but as many or more no damage or one to two shots worth games. My tier 10 performance is mostly atrocious. I've had two or three great games at that tier total. I need to work on being more consistent. And I get that aggressive thing. I'll see an easy target, pursue, overextend, and die in a hail of hot lead.



SoTrue #34 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 06:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 28171 battles
  • 3,302
  • Member since:
    04-01-2011

View PostMfezi, on Jan 12 2018 - 14:57, said:

I'm finding XVM quite interesting and invite you all to predict the outcome from the attached graphic. The first correct answer can have my StuG IV.....

 

 

Well, the enemy team has 6 non-red/orange, the home team has 1.  My money is 90% on the enemy team.  Although the enemy team also has 9 red/oranges, that's a lot of heavy lifting.  10% chance the 6 good enemy players aren't able to carry it.

SoTrue #35 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 06:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 28171 battles
  • 3,302
  • Member since:
    04-01-2011

View Post_Tsavo, on Jan 12 2018 - 15:14, said:

You're using XVM incorrectly.  I'd turn that crap off.  Make your own luck, don't let some colored numbers encourage, discourage, or otherwise impact your play

 

Why, why turn off 'intel'.  Knowing the skill of both teams is a 'reasonable' advantage.  Why would you encourage anyone to give up any advantage?!

BattleshipBob27 #36 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 12:49

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 26923 battles
  • 158
  • [SHAM] SHAM
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016

View PostMfezi, on Jan 13 2018 - 00:14, said:

 

You validate my point admirably - thanks!. Oh, and you can have my StuG IV.... :)

 

 

I didn’t see a gift tank on my account this morning. I already have the Stug IV so another T5 will be fine. 



Mfezi #37 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 13:30

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 17360 battles
  • 738
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016

View PostBattleshipBob27, on Jan 13 2018 - 12:49, said:

 

I didn’t see a gift tank on my account this morning. I already have the Stug IV so another T5 will be fine. 

 

I tried to 'gift' it to you, bit it seems WG does not cater for this type of magnanimous gesture. You will have to pop round and pick it up from my garage - it's hardly used!.... :)

BattleshipBob27 #38 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 15:08

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 26923 battles
  • 158
  • [SHAM] SHAM
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016

View PostMfezi, on Jan 13 2018 - 13:30, said:

 

I tried to 'gift' it to you, bit it seems WG does not cater for this type of magnanimous gesture. You will have to pop round and pick it up from my garage - it's hardly used!.... :)

Go to the premium shop and gift me the T25. It’s easy and cheap. Don’t say you’ll give out a tank and not do it. 



o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 #39 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 16:44

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 423 battles
  • 784
  • [ITDED] ITDED
  • Member since:
    01-23-2015

View PostMfezi, on Jan 12 2018 - 23:57, said:

I'm finding XVM quite interesting and invite you all to predict the outcome from the attached graphic. The first correct answer can have my StuG IV.....

 

 

you made your team lose again. what do i win?

Mfezi #40 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 17:41

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 17360 battles
  • 738
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-
  • Member since:
    04-05-2016

View Posto7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7, on Jan 13 2018 - 16:44, said:

 

you made your team lose again. what do i win?

 

I see that you hide your stats -  I'm at a loss as to whether I should be respectful or derogatory in my response!....






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users