Predict the Outcome

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

flowerpower210 #41 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 18:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22922 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

XVM provides information about the teams. If there is a large skill disparity between the teams, it tells you whether you should be agressive or not. By skill disparity, I mean that a team as a whole is much better than the other (not a few purples). That being said, here are rules:

a) If your team pushes, push with them. When they start loosing, pick a moment and fallback to farm before dying.

b) If your team camps... DON'T PUSH ALONE. Use them as meat shields and farm the crap out of the other team before they win.

​Now, if the other team has a purple player or two, this isn't the end of the world (especially if you are top tier). Your players will often cry and whine that the MM is rigged, but let me explain something. If a Purple's team is not strong (same skill level as your team), he will be quick to fallback in order to preserve his HP. Remember that they do care about their stats and they will take certain steps to stay alive in order to so a lot of damage (and improve their carry chances later). When there is a Purple platoon in the ennemi team, with my platoon mate, I move quickly to have them in a strangle hold.

I'll look for a replay later, but here is an example. I'm playing on Highway (Southern Spawn) with my platoon mate. One of the best players on the server (68% WR, 3800 WN8, 36k battles) is platooning on the other team & my team is shi... politely excreting (no strikes for me today)  bricks. There is only one artillery per team & the game will largely be dictated by who wins the ''medium side'' as they are they are vastly more numerous.

Their platoon is using STB-1s, I assume they will be in the field. My platoon is using T-10s, so we are relatively quick & we have strong turrets (especially against medium tanks). As such, we push the field and take the position marked by the black arrow. We are very close to the enemy players, but remain hull down. Artillery will shoot at us every 30-40 seconds, so we are decided to quickly win the fight so we can move on. Behind us, we have a lot of ''average'' backup. Note that they also have a lot of backup and that my platoon mate and I are not top tier.

As soon as we start shaving off signifiant amounts of HP to their backup, the Purple players decide to relocate. Fortunately, while relocating (before reaching their new position), they are not effective at supporting their team. My friend and I decide to push (my team follows). We roll their tanks & push straight up to their new positions & don't stop until they are DED. People have to stop being scared of those players. Half the time, they will fallback and resort to sniping. Its a fair tactic to carry late games, but it enables us to push their team easier.

Mfezi #42 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 18:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19803 battles
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-
Very informative - let's see if I can put you advice into practice!....

flowerpower210 #43 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 19:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22922 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

View PostMfezi, on Jan 13 2018 - 12:50, said:

Very informative - let's see if I can put you advice into practice!....

​I forgot to add something. When being agressive, it is important to avoid over extending yourself. If you are not 100% confident in your chances, you should make sure you have a backdoor.

Also, Purple players are very skilled. Sure, gold ammunition & the fact that many of them do not grind stock tanks account for some amount of Wn8... BUT the majority of their statistics come from skill and timely good decisions. If they smell blood... or if they perceive the slightest hint of weakness, they will capitalise and murder your face.

It comes to decision making. Don't be agressive if you are not sure you'll be effective. There are many positions on the maps, and most are tank dependant. Choose wisely.

o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 #44 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 19:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 423 battles
  • [ITDED] ITDED

View PostMfezi, on Jan 13 2018 - 17:41, said:

I see that you hide your stats -  I'm at a loss as to whether I should be respectful or derogatory in my response!....

isnt it  quite obvious who i am? you being at a loss seems to be the story of your life. 

Edited by o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7, Jan 13 2018 - 20:00.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users