Jump to content


WHY BUFF THINGS WHEN THE MATCHMAKER DECIDES THE MATCHES?


  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

BluSkys #1 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:19

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 13037 battles
  • 44
  • [H1VOC] H1VOC
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012

Seriously,

 

Why make new tanks, buff armor, buff guns, nerf armor, nerf guns, and make maps more fair?

 

Public matches are the overwhelming majority of battles. And they are decided before they start by the matchmaker and nothing else.

 

When a team starts a 60% favorite (at tier 8, 9 and 10) there is very little chance that team will lose. Conversely a team that starts 40% or less has way, way less than a four of ten chance of winning. That is because XVM uses a very conservative algorithm to predict battles. And before the thugs start, XVM uses Wargamings OWN stats, so we know it is right. 

 

Why in the WORLD (of tanks lol) do you developers not fix the main problem in the game, which is pubs one team is almost guaranteed to win before it even starts!

 

JUST MAKE A SKILL BASED MATCHMAKER AND AN OPTION TO QUE FOR FAIR BATTLES FOR THOSE OF US WHO JUST WANT FAIR PUBLIC MATCHES? 

 

We know, we know, the board thugs who WG habitually gives on average 60% and above pubs will yell and scream. They will say ban XVM because they do not love the truth.  Those people who hate the truth and FAIR battles are the only ones who yell and scream like babies with their candy being taken from them. 

 

COME ON WG. STOP TALKING ABOUT BUFFING THIS AND MAKING THAT AND MAKING THE GAME MORE FAIR AND BALANCED UNTIL YOU GIVE US FAIR PUBS.  

 

GIVE US THE OPTION TO CHOOSE FAIR PUBLIC BATTLES IF WE WANT TO! 

 

If others do not want to que for fair pubs that is fine. To each their own! Let them continue to que for pubs that are decided before they start.  But most of us want FAIR!

 

Seriously anything between 44% and 56% will work. 46% and 54% would be even better. JUST MAKE A SKILL BASED MATCHMAKER AND GIVE THOSE OF US WHO WANT FAIR PUBS A CHANCE TO QUE FOR THEM. PLEASE. 

 

But this nonsense of always getting stuck in 40% or less chance battle and being wiped out 14 to 0 etc. is just outrageous. No wonder so many people have a very difficult time respecting Wargaming.

 

JUST GIVE US FAIR PUBS! 


Edited by BluSkys, Jan 13 2018 - 00:23.


Mazati #2 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:22

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4969 battles
  • 117
  • Member since:
    06-19-2013

View PostBluSkys, on Jan 12 2018 - 23:19, said:

Seriously,

 

Why make new tanks, buff armor, buff guns, nerf armor, nerf guns, make chances to make maps more fair?

 

Public matches are decided before they start by the matchmaker and nothing else. When a team starts a 60% favorite (at tier 8, 9 and 10) there is very little chance that team will lose. Conversely a team that starts 40% or less has way, way less than a four of ten chance of winning. That is because XVM uses a very conservative algorithm to predict battles. And before the thugs start, XVM uses Wargamings OWN stats, so we know it is right. 

 

Why in the WORLD (of tanks lol) do you developers not fix the main problem in the game, which is pubs one team is almost guaranteed to win before it even starts!

 

JUST MAKE A SKILL BASED MATCHMAKER AND AN OPTION TO QUE FOR FAIR BATTLES FOR THOSE OF US WHO JUST WANT FAIR PUBLIC MATCHES? 

 

We know, we know, the board thugs who WG habitually gives on average 60% and above pubs will yell and scream knowing the actual percent is bad. Those people who hate the truth and FAIR battles are the only ones who yell and scream like babies with their candy being taken from them. 

 

COME ON WG. STOP TALKING ABOUT BUFFING THIS AND MAKING THAT MORE FAIR ETC. 

 

GIVE US THE OPTION TO CHOOSE FAIR PUBLIC BATTLES IF WE WANT TO! 

 

If others do not want to que for fair pubs that is fine. To each their own! But most of us want FAIR!

 

Seriously anything between 44% and 56% will work. 46% and 54% would be even better.

 

But this nonsense of always getting stuck in 40% or less chance battle and being wiped out 14 to 0 etc. is just outrageous. No wonder so many people have a very difficult time respecting Wargaming.

 

JUST GIVE US FAIR PUBS! 

 

You would have a far better chance of your post even being seen by someone in WG if you wrote them a letter - No one here can make this change you desire

MFGrant #3 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:29

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 9344 battles
  • 1,697
  • [DVAB] DVAB
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View PostMazati, on Jan 12 2018 - 17:22, said:

 

You would have a far better chance of your post even being seen by someone in WG if you wrote them a letter - No one here can make this change you desire

 

Also Matchmaker does not use any of the information you are complaining about to create matches.  XVM scores are irrelevant.

Edited by MFGrant, Jan 13 2018 - 00:30.


_Gungrave_ #4 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 38370 battles
  • 10,685
  • [JGRN] JGRN
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
Pro tip...avoid using CAPS

Spartan_Striker #5 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:30

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 24370 battles
  • 678
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS
  • Member since:
    07-24-2015

Because there are worlds outside your little pubby world.

 

Worlds like that of clan wars and advances, where map and tank balance does matter.

 


Edited by Spartan_Striker, Jan 13 2018 - 00:37.


F_Type #6 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:31

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17661 battles
  • 1,038
  • [_FAM_] _FAM_
  • Member since:
    10-15-2012
buff the IS-6

TsarCidron #7 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 6172 battles
  • 7,090
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
  • Member since:
    03-16-2012

MM doesnt decide matches.  15 tier I wont beat 15 tier III, nor will 15 tier V beat 15 tier VII if all are played with equal competence.  

 

What does decide games is the human element.  Does that platoon of heavies not head to city, Does the light tank get blasted on his first peek (and then die) ?   Does one team leave a flank open?   These (and more) are the things that decide games.  The human element.



FrozenKemp #8 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 43815 battles
  • 5,426
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
MM does not decide the matches.  The choices of the players do.  If you want more wins, improve yourself. 

StiffWind #9 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:51

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 11819 battles
  • 1,207
  • Member since:
    03-15-2017

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 13 2018 - 00:41, said:

MM does not decide the matches.  The choices of the players do.  If you want more wins, improve yourself.

 

This game is no longer classified as an eSport...rather, as a game of chance.  The MM is why.  In short, it has a larger affect on the outcome of the game than any single player could possibly manage to.


 

 



MFGrant #10 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:56

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 9344 battles
  • 1,697
  • [DVAB] DVAB
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View PostStiffWind, on Jan 12 2018 - 17:51, said:

 

This game is no longer classified as an eSport...rather, as a game of chance.  The MM is why.  In short, it has a larger affect on the outcome of the game than any single player could possibly manage to.


 

 

 

Well the actual eSport version doesn't use pub matches.   They use teams built specifically off player skill so MM has nothing to do with that.  If anything the eSport version would be classified a game of chance based off RNG.

lightball20 #11 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 26648 battles
  • 3,348
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO
  • Member since:
    02-18-2013

The game you are playing OP is not the game that Esports uses.

 

Esports doesn't and has NEVER used MatchMaker and MatchMaker has ZERO effect on Esports.

 

Because all the Esports teams the tanks and players on each team are decided and known by all players in the battle(All players know their own tanks and have a fairly good idea of what the enemy tanks will be) before anyone even hits battle

 

The state of random pub matches don't have any effect on Esports in ANY game. A skilled player is skilled regardless of what the MM is. You don't lose and have bad stats because of MM you lose and have bad stats because your bad.



Rush_91 #12 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:06

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 8537 battles
  • 724
  • [TDF1] TDF1
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016
That win chance percent isn't all that accurate. Was running strongholds with my clannies and after we won one of them pointed out the team that we had just decimated had a 95% chance of beating us.

Sir_Tomato_DroolsAlot #13 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 33117 battles
  • 2,866
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011
only thing thats a for sure, is to not buy tier 8 premiums anymore.....forced to use gold since ur bottom tier 80% of the time which negates the point of a premium..make credits and train crews..... can't do much of either if ur always getting dumped on.. :P  or just do strongholds... but pubs,forgetaboutit

MMI_SPI #14 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:11

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17236 battles
  • 290
  • [SNS-A] SNS-A
  • Member since:
    01-16-2014

Too many CAPS LOCK!! *walks away*

 

Also, youre using XVM chance-to-win %, which the biggest whiners candy this mod has to offer. Turn it off, make your own prediction and stop being dumd. Before turning it off, i've had some 60%-win being thrown away cause top tier platoon wandered like headless chickens. The reverse can be done, a 38%-win when we crushed the red team cause they fu***d up big time. 



Rush_91 #15 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:15

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 8537 battles
  • 724
  • [TDF1] TDF1
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016
I've seen plenty of games end in a close loss after 1 or 2 tanks suicided due to low win chance. Could've been wins had they played it out. Ya never know.

Woebegoneslug #16 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:18

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20528 battles
  • 117
  • [H2OW] H2OW
  • Member since:
    12-31-2015

You have to understand.......wot wants to sell you tanks.   So a new one will be good......for awhile.   Then they come out with something to sell you that is "better". 

 

How many ways can they resell the Sherman? 



_Tsavo #17 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 38960 battles
  • 14,657
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011
I will always be against shrinking the win rate spread in this game.  You're free to sink or swim on your own.  Say no to skill based MM.  

_PoliticallyIncorrect #18 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:46

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22074 battles
  • 1,837
  • [T_R_S] T_R_S
  • Member since:
    07-18-2012
The forums never change, I love it. Same topics, same complaints, same lack of logic consistently for the last 5 years lmbo. 

HI_FIVE #19 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 43365 battles
  • 2,881
  • [UQ] UQ
  • Member since:
    05-29-2012
Why use all caps?

Flarvin #20 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 48294 battles
  • 11,083
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostStiffWind, on Jan 12 2018 - 18:51, said:

 

This game is no longer classified as an eSport...rather, as a game of chance.  The MM is why.  In short, it has a larger affect on the outcome of the game than any single player could possibly manage to.


 

 

 

lol

 

Someone is showing they know not what they are posting about. 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users