Jump to content


WHY BUFF THINGS WHEN THE MATCHMAKER DECIDES THE MATCHES?


  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

_GrabbitAndrun_ #21 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 02:05

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 11264 battles
  • 61
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
  • Member since:
    02-21-2011

View PostBluSkys, on Jan 12 2018 - 23:19, said:

Seriously,

 

Why make new tanks, buff armor, buff guns, nerf armor, nerf guns, and make maps more fair?

 

Public matches are the overwhelming majority of battles. And they are decided before they start by the matchmaker and nothing else.

 

When a team starts a 60% favorite (at tier 8, 9 and 10) there is very little chance that team will lose. Conversely a team that starts 40% or less has way, way less than a four of ten chance of winning. That is because XVM uses a very conservative algorithm to predict battles. And before the thugs start, XVM uses Wargamings OWN stats, so we know it is right. 

 

Why in the WORLD (of tanks lol) do you developers not fix the main problem in the game, which is pubs one team is almost guaranteed to win before it even starts!

 

JUST MAKE A SKILL BASED MATCHMAKER AND AN OPTION TO QUE FOR FAIR BATTLES FOR THOSE OF US WHO JUST WANT FAIR PUBLIC MATCHES? 

 

We know, we know, the board thugs who WG habitually gives on average 60% and above pubs will yell and scream. They will say ban XVM because they do not love the truth.  Those people who hate the truth and FAIR battles are the only ones who yell and scream like babies with their candy being taken from them. 

 

COME ON WG. STOP TALKING ABOUT BUFFING THIS AND MAKING THAT AND MAKING THE GAME MORE FAIR AND BALANCED UNTIL YOU GIVE US FAIR PUBS.  

 

GIVE US THE OPTION TO CHOOSE FAIR PUBLIC BATTLES IF WE WANT TO! 

 

If others do not want to que for fair pubs that is fine. To each their own! Let them continue to que for pubs that are decided before they start.  But most of us want FAIR!

 

Seriously anything between 44% and 56% will work. 46% and 54% would be even better. JUST MAKE A SKILL BASED MATCHMAKER AND GIVE THOSE OF US WHO WANT FAIR PUBS A CHANCE TO QUE FOR THEM. PLEASE. 

 

But this nonsense of always getting stuck in 40% or less chance battle and being wiped out 14 to 0 etc. is just outrageous. No wonder so many people have a very difficult time respecting Wargaming.

 

JUST GIVE US FAIR PUBS! 

 

Shamabamalamadingdang

n00bfarmer #22 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 02:12

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21 battles
  • 678
  • Member since:
    12-14-2017

View PostMFGrant, on Jan 13 2018 - 00:56, said:

 

Well the actual eSport version doesn't use pub matches.   They use teams built specifically off player skill so MM has nothing to do with that.  If anything the eSport version would be classified a game of chance based off RNG.

 

I think they also give you crews with all skills maxed out so that would reduce the RNG effect.

ammo_magnet #23 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 02:39

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 30563 battles
  • 708
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostBluSkys, on Jan 12 2018 - 17:19, said:

JUST MAKE A SKILL BASED MATCHMAKER AND AN OPTION TO QUE FOR FAIR BATTLES FOR THOSE OF US WHO JUST WANT FAIR PUBLIC MATCHES? 

 

Uh oh, here we go again....    :popcorn:


Edited by ammo_magnet, Jan 13 2018 - 02:39.


DUKE_AUTY #24 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 03:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36201 battles
  • 1,643
  • Member since:
    07-11-2012

Another XVM meltdown.

 

XVM is bad for your mental health.

 

Also, screaming in the Forums won't do a thing except invite ridicule.



heavymetal1967 #25 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 03:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 63477 battles
  • 16,568
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012


Steeljaw_MajT #26 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 03:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 18485 battles
  • 2,390
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
  • Member since:
    02-02-2013
Op what you have to ask yourself is "Why does WG hate me?" 

Rocksuperstar #27 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 03:48

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 10816 battles
  • 188
  • Member since:
    01-04-2011

The more I think about it, MM's fault or not, I wouldn't feel so salty about the blowout games if, when I've had a blinder and chalked up four or five kills, 5k + damage, etc but the rest of the team sucked wang, i didn't come out of it out of pocket by several thousand.

 

Just because the rest of the team slurped balls the players who did put in a shift shouldn't be punished so severely, it's totally soul destroying when you've had such a good round to find out that it's cost you a significant amount of cash for your troubles.



GeorgePreddy #28 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 03:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 9,047
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View Post_Tsavo, on Jan 12 2018 - 21:35, said:

 Say no to skill based MM.  

 

I do.  WG does, for 9 years they have correctly kept away from SBMM in Pubs.

Zrack656 #29 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 04:16

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 14714 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    04-06-2015
By your logic many pro sporting events would never happen.  You see 3-1 odds all the time.  You win some you lose some.  Just how life works.  The only way to improve the chance to win is to try harder and improve your game.

ColonelShakes #30 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 05:17

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 10220 battles
  • 1,017
  • [CDN] CDN
  • Member since:
    01-17-2016

View PostBluSkys, on Jan 13 2018 - 00:19, said:

Seriously,

 

Why make new tanks, buff armor, buff guns, nerf armor, nerf guns, and make maps more fair?

 

Public matches are the overwhelming majority of battles. And they are decided before they start by the matchmaker and nothing else.

 

When a team starts a 60% favorite (at tier 8, 9 and 10) there is very little chance that team will lose. Conversely a team that starts 40% or less has way, way less than a four of ten chance of winning. That is because XVM uses a very conservative algorithm to predict battles. And before the thugs start, XVM uses Wargamings OWN stats, so we know it is right. 

 

Why in the WORLD (of tanks lol) do you developers not fix the main problem in the game, which is pubs one team is almost guaranteed to win before it even starts!

 

JUST MAKE A SKILL BASED MATCHMAKER AND AN OPTION TO QUE FOR FAIR BATTLES FOR THOSE OF US WHO JUST WANT FAIR PUBLIC MATCHES? 

 

We know, we know, the board thugs who WG habitually gives on average 60% and above pubs will yell and scream. They will say ban XVM because they do not love the truth.  Those people who hate the truth and FAIR battles are the only ones who yell and scream like babies with their candy being taken from them. 

 

COME ON WG. STOP TALKING ABOUT BUFFING THIS AND MAKING THAT AND MAKING THE GAME MORE FAIR AND BALANCED UNTIL YOU GIVE US FAIR PUBS.  

 

GIVE US THE OPTION TO CHOOSE FAIR PUBLIC BATTLES IF WE WANT TO! 

 

If others do not want to que for fair pubs that is fine. To each their own! Let them continue to que for pubs that are decided before they start.  But most of us want FAIR!

 

Seriously anything between 44% and 56% will work. 46% and 54% would be even better. JUST MAKE A SKILL BASED MATCHMAKER AND GIVE THOSE OF US WHO WANT FAIR PUBS A CHANCE TO QUE FOR THEM. PLEASE. 

 

But this nonsense of always getting stuck in 40% or less chance battle and being wiped out 14 to 0 etc. is just outrageous. No wonder so many people have a very difficult time respecting Wargaming.

 

JUST GIVE US FAIR PUBS! 

 

TLDR 

 

I understood the first couple of garbage sentences - " I am garbage pls help me " 

 

Stopped reading.  Hot garbage. LEL.



o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 #31 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 06:14

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 423 battles
  • 737
  • [ITDED] ITDED
  • Member since:
    01-23-2015

View PostBluSkys, on Jan 13 2018 - 00:19, said:

Seriously,

 

Why make new tanks, buff armor, buff guns, nerf armor, nerf guns, and make maps more fair?

 

Public matches are the overwhelming majority of battles. And they are decided before they start by the matchmaker and nothing else.

 

When a team starts a 60% favorite (at tier 8, 9 and 10) there is very little chance that team will lose. Conversely a team that starts 40% or less has way, way less than a four of ten chance of winning. That is because XVM uses a very conservative algorithm to predict battles. And before the thugs start, XVM uses Wargamings OWN stats, so we know it is right. 

 

Why in the WORLD (of tanks lol) do you developers not fix the main problem in the game, which is pubs one team is almost guaranteed to win before it even starts!

 

JUST MAKE A SKILL BASED MATCHMAKER AND AN OPTION TO QUE FOR FAIR BATTLES FOR THOSE OF US WHO JUST WANT FAIR PUBLIC MATCHES? 

 

We know, we know, the board thugs who WG habitually gives on average 60% and above pubs will yell and scream. They will say ban XVM because they do not love the truth.  Those people who hate the truth and FAIR battles are the only ones who yell and scream like babies with their candy being taken from them. 

 

COME ON WG. STOP TALKING ABOUT BUFFING THIS AND MAKING THAT AND MAKING THE GAME MORE FAIR AND BALANCED UNTIL YOU GIVE US FAIR PUBS.  

 

GIVE US THE OPTION TO CHOOSE FAIR PUBLIC BATTLES IF WE WANT TO! 

 

If others do not want to que for fair pubs that is fine. To each their own! Let them continue to que for pubs that are decided before they start.  But most of us want FAIR!

 

Seriously anything between 44% and 56% will work. 46% and 54% would be even better. JUST MAKE A SKILL BASED MATCHMAKER AND GIVE THOSE OF US WHO WANT FAIR PUBS A CHANCE TO QUE FOR THEM. PLEASE. 

 

But this nonsense of always getting stuck in 40% or less chance battle and being wiped out 14 to 0 etc. is just outrageous. No wonder so many people have a very difficult time respecting Wargaming.

 

JUST GIVE US FAIR PUBS! 

 

why keep playing this game when all you do is hinder every team you are on?

Saint_Metagross #32 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 06:25

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 23753 battles
  • 719
  • [TUVK] TUVK
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostMFGrant, on Jan 12 2018 - 15:29, said:

 

Also Matchmaker does not use any of the information you are complaining about to create matches.  XVM scores are irrelevant.

 

Indeed, just yesterday, some guy in chat said "We have a 33% chance of winning, we lost, gg MM, rigged game."  Than we steam rolled the enemy team 15 to 2.  Guess who got trolled by XVM...

 

I see this happen all the time, people saying things about XVM saying this and that.  I've won games that XVM said we should have lost, and lost games that XVM said we should have won.  It is something I take with a grain of salt.  Never tell me the odds, I'll laugh at them, and make you eat them.

 

In fact, I'd say that people saying what XVM says also has an impact on the match.  I've seen people give up due to XVM out right, or get lazy because of a high percentage to win (and thus losing the match because of this).  So, yeah, it isn't useful knowledge.

 

Plus, the idea of a skill based MM might sound good...but, in reality, it would be far easier to rig than the current MM.  Simply put, since your rating goes up and down, a player could easily perform bad enough to drop into a lower skill bracket and thus go...well...seal clubbing against not as skilled players.  So, why good sounding, it would be worse than the current MM.


Edited by Saint_Metagross, Jan 13 2018 - 07:10.


Griffon327327 #33 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 17:24

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 77897 battles
  • 798
  • [NVRDI] NVRDI
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostMFGrant, on Jan 12 2018 - 23:29, said:

 

Also Matchmaker does not use any of the information you are complaining about to create matches.  XVM scores are irrelevant.

 

XVM inforrmation comes directly off the wargaming server they dont make up anything all they do is graph it in a form we the players can see

 

all that information is what the MM and RNG system uses to make and run battles .. there is a patent on the system go read it



_Gungrave_ #34 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 17:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 40870 battles
  • 14,704
  • [DPIX] DPIX
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostRake, on Jan 13 2018 - 03:36, said:

 

But violating forum rules by bolding everything is ok.

 

Only time the mods care about customizing your font is when you use bright red font >

 

Interestingly enough you can use the other shades of red and they don't seem to be bothered by that though its probably for the best that you don't use them anyway.


Edited by _Gungrave_, Jan 14 2018 - 18:05.


Griffon327327 #35 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 17:31

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 77897 battles
  • 798
  • [NVRDI] NVRDI
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

XVM is a tool .. nothing more if it says your team is going to win then stop and use common sense if you have 3 purple players all bottom tier in ineffective tanks that can be 1 shot by enemy tomatoe players then XVM win is sorta not going to happen

you have to use the data xvm supplies to help win the battle .. if enemy has a purple T49 and rest of team novice they can still win because an unseen scout that spots the entire map can change the odds

 

XVM uses raw data to determine win or loss not types of tanks just player info and that is the real reason it wrong sometimes just as a normal yellow xvm player can play like green or blue simply by clicking the premium ammo button if he normally doesn't use it at all

take away all premium ammo on purple and blue players and watch how their XVM rating plummet like the stock exchange



Markd73 #36 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 18:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 29417 battles
  • 4,219
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

Tl;dr

 

Too much yelling 



Saint_Metagross #37 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 19:50

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 23753 battles
  • 719
  • [TUVK] TUVK
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostGriffon327327, on Jan 13 2018 - 08:24, said:

 

XVM inforrmation comes directly off the wargaming server they dont make up anything all they do is graph it in a form we the players can see

 

all that information is what the MM and RNG system uses to make and run battles .. there is a patent on the system go read it

 

Actually, while the patent does say that, WG has said that MM does not use that info for match making.  So, yeah, they basically retired it...for reasons.  They did not explain the reasons, but, yeah, it no longer uses any player info for Match Making.  In fact, you'd know this if you read the official wiki (or is it unofficial?  Bah, the link to it is on World of Tanks website under community, so, might as well be official).  But, in case you are to lazy to go look at it, here is the link to it: http://wiki.wargamin...Matchmaker_(WoT)

 

It tells you how MM works, you'll notice, it doesn't use player stats.

 

Edit: You will have to manually add the ) at the end of the link.


Edited by Saint_Metagross, Jan 13 2018 - 19:56.


Saint_Metagross #38 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 19:52

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 23753 battles
  • 719
  • [TUVK] TUVK
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostGriffon327327, on Jan 13 2018 - 08:31, said:

XVM is a tool .. nothing more if it says your team is going to win then stop and use common sense if you have 3 purple players all bottom tier in ineffective tanks that can be 1 shot by enemy tomatoe players then XVM win is sorta not going to happen

you have to use the data xvm supplies to help win the battle .. if enemy has a purple T49 and rest of team novice they can still win because an unseen scout that spots the entire map can change the odds

 

XVM uses raw data to determine win or loss not types of tanks just player info and that is the real reason it wrong sometimes just as a normal yellow xvm player can play like green or blue simply by clicking the premium ammo button if he normally doesn't use it at all

take away all premium ammo on purple and blue players and watch how their XVM rating plummet like the stock exchange

 

Now, this is true, hence why I tend to laugh at XVM reports from players in my team.  Cause, many times people are wondering why we lost or won due to purple and red balance.  I tend to point out the tank type differences.  Like, for example, my team lost because we had squishy heavies versus tough heavies, and our heavies did not use gold, while the enemy did.  That is just an example, though, the gold spam part is true.  But, when you take in the complete picture, not just purple vs red, but, also tanks being driven...well, you can tell even more of who is going to win.

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Jan 13 2018 - 19:54.


Da_Craw #39 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 21:06

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25407 battles
  • 2,780
  • [DOG5] DOG5
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014
There is currently a dispute between the Federal Bureau of E-Sports Registration, the International Anti-electron Doping Agency and the Nevada Athletic Commission over whether the cutoff on RNG should be 25% or 22.5%.  FBESR contends that 25% RNG is merely a game condition that may be overcome by the application of mad skillz.  The IAeDA is torn between its belief that 25% RNG is more than a Russian gun can overcome and its stance that Stalinium armor is a performance enhancing substance warranting the exclusion of all Russian tanks from competition, making the point moot.  The NAC doesn't care either way, as long as the matches are held in Las Vegas and scored by judges on their payroll.

docroberts #40 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 03:47

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18776 battles
  • 988
  • [TONKX] TONKX
  • Member since:
    03-08-2013
I don't care what they claim is on RNG . When a gun with a .28 dispersion and Skill cant hit the target over and over again . Then their claim is a bunch of bull . Every tank in the game seems too shoot about the same no mater what tank I play and dispersion values   , and I own tons of them . And some days then you get tons of module damage  and the next you wont .. Always seems fishy to me . 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users