WHY BUFF THINGS WHEN THE MATCHMAKER DECIDES THE MATCHES?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Saint_Metagross #41 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 06:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24499 battles
  • [TUVK] TUVK

View Postdocroberts, on Jan 13 2018 - 18:47, said:

I don't care what they claim is on RNG . When a gun with a .28 dispersion and Skill cant hit the target over and over again . Then their claim is a bunch of bull . Every tank in the game seems too shoot about the same no mater what tank I play and dispersion values   , and I own tons of them . And some days then you get tons of module damage  and the next you wont .. Always seems fishy to me . 

RNG is just that, a RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR.  That means, you won't always be shooting the same place on a vehicle with every shot unless at point blank range.  And even then, you have to take in consideration of your pen and the armor of the location you are aiming at.  If you aim at a spot that has more armor, doesn't matter how many times you hit that spot, you won't pen.  So, it is doing its job, does it always go the way you want it to?  No, it doesn't, that is the aspect of a RNG system.  And guess what, that is actually kinda like it is in real life, not to the extremes this seems to go to, but, it is still there.

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Jan 14 2018 - 06:28.

docroberts #42 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 07:20

Captain

• Players
  • 19085 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View PostSaint_Metagross, on Jan 13 2018 - 23:28, said:

RNG is just that, a RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR.  That means, you won't always be shooting the same place on a vehicle with every shot unless at point blank range.  And even then, you have to take in consideration of your pen and the armor of the location you are aiming at.  If you aim at a spot that has more armor, doesn't matter how many times you hit that spot, you won't pen.  So, it is doing its job, does it always go the way you want it to?  No, it doesn't, that is the aspect of a RNG system.  And guess what, that is actually kinda like it is in real life, not to the extremes this seems to go to, but, it is still there.

​Alright kid you win , you know everything of whats going on in my game . And I'm some new guy to the game that hasn't got a clue .  

Saint_Metagross #43 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 08:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24499 battles
  • [TUVK] TUVK

View Postdocroberts, on Jan 13 2018 - 22:20, said:

​Alright kid you win , you know everything of whats going on in my game . And I'm some new guy to the game that hasn't got a clue .  

First off, I'm most likely older than you.  Second off, you are complaining about random things when the game has a built in RNG system.  That is like complaining that the sky is blue and that there are random clouds in the skies.  Or, to put it another way, you are complaining about the fact that you ordered speghetti with meatballs, and when it arrived, the meatballs were smaller than you thought they would be.  Simply put, everyone that plays this game knows what they are getting into, so complaining about things you knew you'd get, is rather asinine.

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Jan 14 2018 - 08:34.

Arkai #44 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 17:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35334 battles

View PostRush_91, on Jan 12 2018 - 19:15, said:

I've seen plenty of games end in a close loss after 1 or 2 tanks suicided due to low win chance. Could've been wins had they played it out. Ya never know.

Played over 30k games and have never seen this once.

Saint_Metagross #45 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 20:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24499 battles
  • [TUVK] TUVK

View PostArkai, on Jan 14 2018 - 08:45, said:

Played over 30k games and have never seen this once.

I've seen it plenty of times, well, if you compare the ratio of those happening to the number of games I've played, it is indeed less than 1% of the matches I've played.  But, the number is still around 100 matches that had that happen.  You just got lucky in not having it happen to you.

JRos1983 #46 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 03:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 571 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 13 2018 - 00:41, said:

MM does not decide the matches.  The choices of the players do.  If you want more wins, improve yourself. 

Oh please.

Unless you can "improve yourself" to where you can realistically make 15 kills by yourself in any given battle, then you know damn well you're going to get losses that most certainly are *NOT* your fault.

Come on guy. Jesus... This whole "it's not the team it's you" mantra that has been chanted around here for years is so silly. 1 person does not lose a match. 1 *can* win a match, yeah, sure, your team gets behind and then someone makes 6 or 7 or even 8 kills and *poof* you win. But when it's you and a braindead teammate vs the surviving 8 enemies, you go on a 6 kill run then the last 2 kill you and Mr. Braindead... That is *not* "your fault." That crap concept needs to stop.

Saint_Metagross #47 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 06:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24499 battles
  • [TUVK] TUVK

View PostJRos1983, on Jan 14 2018 - 18:57, said:

Oh please.

Unless you can "improve yourself" to where you can realistically make 15 kills by yourself in any given battle, then you know damn well you're going to get losses that most certainly are *NOT* your fault.

Come on guy. Jesus... This whole "it's not the team it's you" mantra that has been chanted around here for years is so silly. 1 person does not lose a match. 1 *can* win a match, yeah, sure, your team gets behind and then someone makes 6 or 7 or even 8 kills and *poof* you win. But when it's you and a braindead teammate vs the surviving 8 enemies, you go on a 6 kill run then the last 2 kill you and Mr. Braindead... That is *not* "your fault." That crap concept needs to stop.

To be fair, if you are not performing good enough for the team, than you are part of the reason you lose.  So, if you perform better than normal, than you can proudly say that at least you didn't suck.  And no, you don't need to become good enough to kill 15 enemies in a single match.

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Jan 15 2018 - 06:54.

pcgamer001 #48 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 08:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9384 battles
your in the na forums no one at WG gives a crap about na 

SteelRonin #49 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 13:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22910 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI
the MM is the best Tank in the game since 2010

mortal_wombat_ #50 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 15:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1778 battles

Doesnt the XVM win % work based on the tanks stats not the players?  IF that is the case you can have bad players playing tank with 'better stats' for xvm win% which will negate this.

The other issue with using XVM's win % is people follow this like its a religion and decide the game is over with before the countdown starts.  The bottom line is that wins and losses are up to the players, not the tanks.  If everyone on your team does their job and plays like they WANT TO WIN instead of saying 'this game is a loss', games will turn out as WINS reguardless of what XVM says.  Players see the XVM win%, decide its a loss which causes them to play INCREDIBLY passive, camp, yolo etc.  which causes the loss...not the XVM %.

Edited by Statutory_Ape__, Jan 15 2018 - 15:33.

Flarvin #51 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 15:34

Major

• Players
  • 51829 battles

View PostStatutory_Ape__, on Jan 15 2018 - 09:28, said:

Doesnt the XVM win % work based on the tanks stats not the players?  IF that is the case you can have bad players playing tank with 'better stats' for xvm win% which will negate this.

No. 

XVM win chance is based on player performance in the tank they are playing, or that player’s overall performance. 

FrozenKemp #52 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 15:41

Major

• Players
  • 47965 battles
  • [SWU] SWU

View PostJRos1983, on Jan 14 2018 - 21:57, said:

That isn't the point I was making.  There are definitely going to be losses that aren't your fault and that will continue to be the case even if you work on improving your play.  (No one has a 100% win rate.) 

Suppose, for the sake of simplicity, that you were just working on one tank to improve your play in it and that's all you did.  Let's suppose you increased your average damage in the tank by 10%.

That is going to be damage that your teammates don't need to do in order to secure a win.  There are still going to be battles where your team gets steamrolled and others where your team steamrolls them.  But in between the two, you doing more damage is going to convert some battles that would have been losses into wins.  And that will improve your win rate.

Entropiated #53 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 16:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13850 battles

View Post_Tsavo, on Jan 12 2018 - 20:35, said:

I will always be against shrinking the win rate spread in this game.  You're free to sink or swim on your own.  Say no to skill based MM.  

Those who can, do. Those who can't whine for Skill Based Matchmaking.

Saint_Metagross #54 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 20:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24499 battles
  • [TUVK] TUVK

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 15 2018 - 06:41, said:

That isn't the point I was making.  There are definitely going to be losses that aren't your fault and that will continue to be the case even if you work on improving your play.  (No one has a 100% win rate.) 

Suppose, for the sake of simplicity, that you were just working on one tank to improve your play in it and that's all you did.  Let's suppose you increased your average damage in the tank by 10%.

That is going to be damage that your teammates don't need to do in order to secure a win.  There are still going to be battles where your team gets steamrolled and others where your team steamrolls them.  But in between the two, you doing more damage is going to convert some battles that would have been losses into wins.  And that will improve your win rate.

This is absolutely correct.  You will have losses, you will have wins.  If you improve your game, you can help turn some battles that could be losses, into victories.  That is how I got to have a 52% win rate, I was at one point around 49%, but, I stepped up my game, and now I am where I am.  Blaming only your team, or MM, and not accepting the fact that you are part of the reason you lost, is a bad habit to fall into.  Look at what you did, find out what worked and stick to those, if something didn't work, don't repeat that action in the future (if possible, there will be times your team is the reason you lose because they went full [edited]and thus force you to go play or do something your tank isn't supposed to be doing).  Got to take little steps at a time though, don't expect large leaps and bounds in increased performance by you or your teams, take it slow, and do not rage if you lose.  If you rage, that is a double loss for you.  Anger leads to reckless behavior in the next game, thus prolonging your losing streak.  Stay calm, tank on.

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Jan 15 2018 - 20:40.

Sgt__Guffy #55 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 20:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3433 battles
I am not at all sure the OP knows how matchmaker works, but skilled based matchmaking is certainly not the answer.

Husarski #56 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 31757 battles
You win with no effort 40% of games, you lose with nothing you could do 40% of games. The rest of the 20% is up to you.

Saint_Metagross #57 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 22:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24499 battles
  • [TUVK] TUVK

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Jan 15 2018 - 11:52, said:

I am not at all sure the OP knows how matchmaker works, but skilled based matchmaking is certainly not the answer.

Indeed, we'd still see complaints like this.  A player that is "bad" at this game would face nothing but "bads" in a true skill based MM, and thus would eventually get their stats artificially improved (though they did nothing to actually improve their game, just went against people that are considered "bad" and have bad habits) to the point they would face people that actually did improve their game, and thus once again get their butt kicked, and they would again be here complaining.

StiffWind #58 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 22:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 14909 battles
  • [MOV] MOV

What I don't understand is why it matters if somebody comes in here to complain about anything?  What difference does it make if you think they're wrong?  Seriously...so what if somebody wants to complain about something?  It doesn't affect you....just don't read it if you don't like it.  But no...everyone who complains gets slagged for it.  Makes me think they believe they have something to gain by keeping things just the way they are, and are worried their stats might suffer if anything in the game is changed.  Sounds like they're bigger babies than anyone who complains.

Sgt__Guffy #59 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 22:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3433 battles

View PostStiffWind, on Jan 15 2018 - 15:36, said:

What I don't understand is why it matters if somebody comes in here to complain about anything?  What difference does it make if you think they're wrong?  Seriously...so what if somebody wants to complain about something?  It doesn't affect you....just don't read it if you don't like it.  But no...everyone who complains gets slagged for it.  Makes me think they believe they have something to gain by keeping things just the way they are, and are worried their stats might suffer if anything in the game is changed.  Sounds like they're bigger babies than anyone who complains.

Er, is that you complaining? ;)

Saint_Metagross #60 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 22:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24499 battles
  • [TUVK] TUVK

View PostStiffWind, on Jan 15 2018 - 13:36, said:

Ironically, you are complaining about others complaining about people complaining.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users