Jump to content


Should Patton get view range nerf or all tanks should be buffed?


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

ArcticTankHunter #1 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:24

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12354 battles
  • 465
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V
  • Member since:
    05-22-2014

Should Patton get view range nerf or all tanks should be buffed?

 

Seriously I don't know what WG is thinking. Patton only got its high view range is because it had terrible turret armor in which tier 8's could penetrate. Now it has an impenetrable turret keeping its amazing view range. But now with 420 view range and advance optic rendering camo net complete to uselessness. I swear WG should remove advance optic or reduce the max view range of all default tanks.

 

I see Patton spotting LT with 450mm view range. I get instant spotted within 450mm view range by Patton 46. Why use LT when you can use Patton? Patton is so freaking fast too. I played a map where heavies are driving up the hill. Yes tier 9+10 heavies. Patton got halfway to map already spotting the entire team. None of the heavies can seem to pen it and die slowly as Patton just peak and shoot really fast. Mind as will class Patton a heavy tank.


Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Jan 13 2018 - 00:26.


Spartan_Striker #2 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:28

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 25647 battles
  • 704
  • [RC125] RC125
  • Member since:
    07-24-2015

M48 Pattons are now some of the best medium tanks for pubbing and even for certain clan war strats.

Will have to pick one up eventually.

 

Never complained about fighting them, personally, because I know its weaknesses which balance it out.

Just like the Defender- you do some research, and you figure out how to fight them.

 

Once you do, taking them out is no different from taking out any other tank.



Zippit #3 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:38

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 18286 battles
  • 1,840
  • Member since:
    02-19-2011
Wait how is the Patton fast? it's top speed is 45/kmh..

Bolted_On #4 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:48

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 60529 battles
  • 722
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

OMG where did that mean Patton touch you ? 

 

:facepalm:

 

I suck at tanks, I don't understand camo or spotting mechanics and I don't bother to try and learn.   So I got to forums and cry about the Patton.  These kinds of posts are *&^%$%&* really getting old.  



9InchBacon #5 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:50

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24982 battles
  • 601
  • [9INCH] 9INCH
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostZippit, on Jan 12 2018 - 18:38, said:

Wait how is the Patton fast? it's top speed is 45/kmh..

 

Patton isn't fast, Thats why most will choose the T62-A to do the same job.

Bolted_On #6 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 60529 battles
  • 722
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View PostxX_C4N4D14N_S1N_Xx, on Jan 12 2018 - 23:50, said:

 

Patton isn't fast, Thats why most will choose the T62-A to do the same job.

 

and WRONG AGAIN as usual.    try 140.    sheesh.   

Trauglodyte #7 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:56

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14931 battles
  • 2,154
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016

Patton and other medium tanks shouldn't have view ranges that high, period.  If a medium has higher view range than a Light, along with higher pen, higher alpha, higher DPM, more armor and more health, something is drastically wrong with the balance.

 

EDIT:  That isn't a wine about the Patton.  That is just a statement of balance.  Speed cannot be the one positive with everything else being a negative.


Edited by Trauglodyte, Jan 13 2018 - 00:57.


9InchBacon #8 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 00:57

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24982 battles
  • 601
  • [9INCH] 9INCH
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostBolted_On, on Jan 12 2018 - 18:51, said:

 

and WRONG AGAIN as usual.    try 140.    sheesh.   

 

I see that you have more battles than me. And your knowledge to the game is prolly better. Question is.. Do you get off on picking on others that try to give the best advise that they know?.. If so.. You sir are Cancer

Bolted_On #9 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:02

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 60529 battles
  • 722
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View PostxX_C4N4D14N_S1N_Xx, on Jan 12 2018 - 23:57, said:

 

I see that you have more battles than me. And your knowledge to the game is prolly better. Question is.. Do you get off on picking on others that try to give the best advise that they know?.. If so.. You sir are Cancer

 

I see you constantly giving advice which is incorrect, so no, it is not picking.   Sorry if you have such a thin skin, snowflake.

9InchBacon #10 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:04

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24982 battles
  • 601
  • [9INCH] 9INCH
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostBolted_On, on Jan 12 2018 - 19:02, said:

 

I see you constantly giving advice which is incorrect, so no, it is not picking.   Sorry if you have such a thin skin, snowflake.

 

I do believe this dudes cheese done slid off his cracker.

Bolted_On #11 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:06

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 60529 battles
  • 722
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View PostTrauglodyte, on Jan 12 2018 - 23:56, said:

Patton and other medium tanks shouldn't have view ranges that high, period.  If a medium has higher view range than a Light, along with higher pen, higher alpha, higher DPM, more armor and more health, something is drastically wrong with the balance.

 

EDIT:  That isn't a wine about the Patton.  That is just a statement of balance.  Speed cannot be the one positive with everything else being a negative.

 

Absolutely nothing is wrong with the "BALANCE".   The light tank has far superior camo than the Patton.   Light tank players seem to just want to drive casually around the map, never being spotted, while spotting all the enemy tanks.   It takes more than that, such as knowing choke points, known spotting positions, use of terrain, and skill.   Whiners want it to be easy, it's not.  

DoctorThe19th #12 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 14030 battles
  • 2,913
  • [DEVON] DEVON
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostxX_C4N4D14N_S1N_Xx, on Jan 12 2018 - 16:04, said:

 

I do believe this dudes cheese done slid off his cracker.

 

don't worry. He has no idea what he's talking about 99.9% of the time.



Bolted_On #13 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:08

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 60529 battles
  • 722
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View PostxX_C4N4D14N_S1N_Xx, on Jan 13 2018 - 00:04, said:

 

I do believe this dudes cheese done slid off his cracker.

 

LOL, it do believe your butthurt is real  ;)

Bolted_On #14 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:10

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 60529 battles
  • 722
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View PostDoctorThe19th, on Jan 13 2018 - 00:08, said:

 

don't worry. He has no idea what he's talking about 99.9% of the time.

 

lmbo, wait.....;."I find the bat chat 25t to be useless" ......  from the famous doctor giving advice to players on which tier TEN to pursue, when the doctor DOES NOT EVEN OWN A TIER TEN TANK.

 

deas fourms be so funni    :justwait:
 



9InchBacon #15 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:10

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24982 battles
  • 601
  • [9INCH] 9INCH
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostBolted_On, on Jan 12 2018 - 19:08, said:

 

LOL, it do believe your butthurt is real  ;)

 

It do believe? Grammar much?

Bolted_On #16 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:19

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 60529 battles
  • 722
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View PostxX_C4N4D14N_S1N_Xx, on Jan 13 2018 - 00:10, said:

 

It do believe? Grammar much?

 

Dang, you got me there.   I'm old, half-blind, and crotchety, that extra 't' will haunt me forever  :D

dominator_98 #17 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:19

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19321 battles
  • 3,351
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostxX_C4N4D14N_S1N_Xx, on Jan 12 2018 - 18:04, said:

 

I do believe this dudes cheese done slid off his cracker.

 

+1 to this my dude.

 

  • As far as OP is concerned, I believe there should be a global viewrange nerf for all classes except light tanks and Binos should be removed from tanks tier 6+. A TD with binos+net can easily outspot a light in most situations and a lot of tier 8 heavies can get up to 438 viewrange without optics. With so many small maps designed for close-range encounters, that's enough to deal with most light tanks.


dominator_98 #18 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:21

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19321 battles
  • 3,351
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
I'm pretty sure this bolted_on fellow is just a grumpy old man who doesn't like all these young whipper-snappers running around being better than him. No idea how he got into WANKO.

9InchBacon #19 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:21

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24982 battles
  • 601
  • [9INCH] 9INCH
  • Member since:
    01-17-2013

View PostBolted_On, on Jan 12 2018 - 19:19, said:

 

Dang, you got me there.   I'm old, half-blind, and crotchety, that extra 't' will haunt me forever  :D

 

If your half-blind then please don't run a medium tank :)

Bolted_On #20 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:23

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 60529 battles
  • 722
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

View Postdominator_98, on Jan 13 2018 - 00:19, said:

 

+1 to this my dude.

 

  • As far as OP is concerned, I believe there should be a global viewrange nerf for all classes except light tanks and Binos should be removed from tanks tier 6+. A TD with binos+net can easily outspot a light in most situations and a lot of tier 8 heavies can get up to 438 viewrange without optics. With so many small maps designed for close-range encounters, that's enough to deal with most light tanks.

 

It was just a matter of time before the doctor's fan boi chimed in.    Binocs take 3 seconds of SITTING STILL to activate.   By that time you are spotted and focused fire on by 4 enemies.  

 






19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users