found a player cheating ?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Griffon327327 #1 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 13:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 72908 battles

Ran into a player that is obviously using a cheat mod / hack that apparently I have run into in battle before and in heat of the moment never noticed anything odd

you know how if you aim on a tank and right click it will auto lock ? I am not saying aim in general direction I am saying aim directly at the very base center of target to auto lock ...

Now we have all tried to aim at and shoot target that are hugging a ridge line and try for all your might the game refuse to left you aim the cross hairs on them and they bounce up and down and all over the place ?

I am not talking auto targeting here I saying it is impossible to aim at a target on a ridge line because the game will not let you ..the same reason that if you are targeting an enemy even stationary that goes unspotted your targeting hairs always drop and you loose aim

These are all things that are built into the game and this person who I have not named (you hear that mods haven't named anyone ) has apparently figured out what value the game applies to a tank that is on a ridge line and permanently attached it to his tank so that when you try to aim at him your aiming reticule bounces all over the place even when hes point blank away on flat ground ?

has no one noticed this ?

ATTENTION mod trying to find out if this is an issue and since sending in a ticket and a replay will never give an answer even if it really is a mod hack / cheat .. make you got rogue game developers fluttering around in the game creating havok ?

no one was named looking for answers

_Gungrave_ #2 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 13:26

Major

• Players
  • 38319 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN
Submit the replay with timestamps for support to investigate if you think someone is cheating. Its pointless to post about it on the forums because nothing will be done and you'll potentially just get trolled.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Jan 13 2018 - 13:26.

SwedishEOD #3 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 13:27

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 55214 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

No you have not found anything. Anything like what you are describing would mean that the other person have intercepted traffic to and from the server or changed things on the server for him exclusively. There is no Mod that can do anything like the thing you are describing.

I think it is more likely due to packetloss or just plain operator error on your side that makes your reticle jump around, I for one have rather big issues right now on NA since the relocation of servers. Especially the closer to prime time it gets. So when is the transfer to EU going to open up?

scyorkie #4 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 13:28

Major

• Players
  • 68039 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostGriffon327327, on Jan 13 2018 - 20:19, said:

...so that when you try to aim at him your aiming reticule bounces all over the place even when hes point blank away on flat ground ?

You still need to aim when he's at point blank range?

Laceylace #5 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 13:30

Major

• Players
  • 23381 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO
I can't understand this... Also why if you sent in a ticket would you post this on the forums to then get an RO for discussing possible hacks?

Thrain_Ironsword #6 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 13:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16792 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
You sure it's not a mod that you are running causing problems with your game?  But yeah, I've had some lag recently over the last couple of weeks when I normally have none at all.

Griffon327327 #7 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 13:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 72908 battles

only described what was happening .. it only happened against that one player and my ping is always 35 or less except for right before a server goes down ...

not mod related as like i said only that one person which has remained nameless maybe has wearing a rubber ball emblem that cause's aiming reticules to bounce ?

like i said don't know just seeing as if others have had issues ?

Griffon327327 #8 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 13:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 72908 battles

View PostLaceylace, on Jan 13 2018 - 12:30, said:

I can't understand this... Also why if you sent in a ticket would you post this on the forums to then get an RO for discussing possible hacks?

we are all at mercy of mods just asking questions here

TheReturned #9 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 14:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17910 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

Had to reread several times to make sure I wasn't having a seizure.

After many attempts still can't understand anything what you attempted to say.

Kliphie #10 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 14:11

Captain

• Players
  • 28859 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Why not attach the replay and tell the time that it happened?

SwedishEOD #11 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 14:13

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 55214 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostKliphie, on Jan 13 2018 - 14:11, said:

Why not attach the replay and tell the time that it happened?

Because that never happens , we are to take all their claims as truth..... without evidence , ever.

GeorgePreddy #12 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 14:25

Major

• Players
  • 14334 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

In 60k+ battles, I have never seen anything like that. As far as what you describe being "cheating", the odds are at least very extremely low if not practically impossible.

I'll bet you see a lot of "cheating", don't you ?

Kliphie #13 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 14:32

Captain

• Players
  • 28859 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

Re-read the post to try to interpret what Griff was talking about.  I think he saw 4Tankers recent video on the built-in shell drop compensation and thinks that knowledge is somehow a hack.  

Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #14 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 14:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10988 battles
  • [EOR] EOR
Can't say I have seen that.  I will keep an eye out.  Despite WG shills on these forums I know there is significant cheating...though it has been drastically reduced after WG implemented their fair play program.

GeorgePreddy #15 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 14:56

Major

• Players
  • 14334 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostKliphie, on Jan 13 2018 - 10:32, said:

Re-read the post to try to interpret what Griff was talking about.  I think he saw 4Tankers recent video on the built-in shell drop compensation and thinks that knowledge is somehow a hack.  

What he said was, and I quote:

" apparently figured out what value the game applies to a tank that is on a ridge line and permanently attached it to his tank so that when you try to aim at him your aiming reticule bounces all over the place even when hes point blank away on flat ground ?"

It's ridiculous, he never provides a replay so someone can explain what is happening logically.

First, it's not a "value the game applies to a tank that is on a ridge line", that's a known glitch that WoT has never solved. AND... that glitch does NOT happen once you actually target the TANK on the ridgeline, it only happens when you are TRYING to target a tank on a ridgeline.  Once the tank is in your sight, the reticle acts normally. Quite the opposite of what OP describes happened with him. He said his reticle jumped around while he was aiming at the tank at point blank range on flat ground.

Believing someone could figure out what causes that in the game and then apply it to only his own tanks in order to cause everyone else to suffer that glitch all the time when aiming at him is absurd and ludicrous.

I believe OP could possibly be a troll as it is difficult to believe anyone could sincerely believe what he purports.

SwedishEOD #16 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 14:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 55214 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostNumerius_Titurius_Sophus, on Jan 13 2018 - 14:47, said:

Can't say I have seen that.  I will keep an eye out.  Despite WG shills on these forums I know there is significant cheating...though it has been drastically reduced after WG implemented their fair play program.

Cheating in the ways of illegal mods that gives information and aimbots that are worse then manual aim (unless you are disabled) is one thing , but cheating in the manner some people claim on these forums are just ridiculous, and has been discussed so many times and is more or less impossible since it would mean they have hacked servers and or traffic between clients and server. And if you could do that stuff undetected I bet you have more important servers to use that skillset on instead of a multiplayer server just to appear good in a game.

Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #17 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 15:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10988 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostSwedishEOD, on Jan 13 2018 - 14:57, said:

Cheating in the ways of illegal mods that gives information and aimbots that are worse then manual aim (unless you are disabled) is one thing , but cheating in the manner some people claim on these forums are just ridiculous, and has been discussed so many times and is more or less impossible since it would mean they have hacked servers and or traffic between clients and server. And if you could do that stuff undetected I bet you have more important servers to use that skillset on instead of a multiplayer server just to appear good in a game.

It does seem out there, but I am willing to keep an eye out.

I tend to be sympathetic to people like the op because there was a multiplayer game where I insisted there was a way people were cheating.  I was called everything under the sun in the forums....pretty nasty.  Even one of the Devs joined in insulting me and insisting what I said was impossible.

Turned out I was right.  At least the Dev apologised though noone nasty from the forums did.

One of the things I learned was that no video evidence, no matter how obvious, would convince people.  They would always find a different explanation no matter how obvious it was something was going on.  This is why I refuse to bother uploading vids anymore showing cheating.  Pointless.

Edited by Numerius_Titurius_Sophus, Jan 13 2018 - 15:15.

Sir_Tomato_DroolsAlot #18 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 15:24

Major

• Players
  • 33091 battles

View PostGriffon327327, on Jan 13 2018 - 06:19, said:

Ran into a player that is obviously using a cheat mod / hack that apparently I have run into in battle before and in heat of the moment never noticed anything odd

you know how if you aim on a tank and right click it will auto lock ? I am not saying aim in general direction I am saying aim directly at the very base center of target to auto lock ...

Now we have all tried to aim at and shoot target that are hugging a ridge line and try for all your might the game refuse to left you aim the cross hairs on them and they bounce up and down and all over the place ?

I am not talking auto targeting here I saying it is impossible to aim at a target on a ridge line because the game will not let you ..the same reason that if you are targeting an enemy even stationary that goes unspotted your targeting hairs always drop and you loose aim

These are all things that are built into the game and this person who I have not named (you hear that mods haven't named anyone ) has apparently figured out what value the game applies to a tank that is on a ridge line and permanently attached it to his tank so that when you try to aim at him your aiming reticule bounces all over the place even when hes point blank away on flat ground ?

has no one noticed this ?

ATTENTION mod trying to find out if this is an issue and since sending in a ticket and a replay will never give an answer even if it really is a mod hack / cheat .. make you got rogue game developers fluttering around in the game creating havok ?

no one was named looking for answers

that has always been an issue in the game.. horizon line 

Scorpiany #19 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 15:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 31363 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

It sounds to me like your aiming reticle is bugged. There is no illegal mod that will make your reticle bounce all over the place.

WG does have a bug on ridgelines where the reticle bounces around, but that doesn't mean you can shoot at ridges - Even when the reticle is aimed at the ground below, the server still sees the reticle at the center of your camera - Meaning you can still snipe / shoot at ridges regardless of where the screen shows your reticle.

Just as that can be the case with ridgelines, the opposite can be true for regular ground - Sometimes the reticle bugs out and the turret twitches around for no reason.

It's not an illegal mod, it's just a really buggy game client.

SmirkingGerbil #20 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 35448 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS
The ret bouncing all over the place, and unable to keep a nice profiled tank within your gun sights (even though you have them lit, and plenty of tank to shoot at), while they are at a higher elevation on a ridge-line has been around for a long long time. Documented and discussed. It is a bug, not a hack. I just relocate and try from a different angle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users