• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #21 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 15:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12081 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostSmirkingGerbil, on Jan 13 2018 - 15:26, said:

The ret bouncing all over the place, and unable to keep a nice profiled tank within your gun sights (even though you have them lit, and plenty of tank to shoot at), while they are at a higher elevation on a ridge-line has been around for a long long time. Documented and discussed. It is a bug, not a hack. I just relocate and try from a different angle.

Ahhhh good good.  Helpful.

FluffyPabu #22 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 15:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 59401 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 13 2018 - 13:25, said:

In 60k+ battles, I have never seen anything like that. As far as what you describe being "cheating", the odds are at least very extremely low if not practically impossible.

I'll bet you see a lot of "cheating", don't you ?

I know when people are cheating when they play better than me :trollface:

Boz1968 #23 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 15:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37770 battles
  • [-HH-] -HH-
Damn, every time I click on one of these "cheating" posts I always leave disappointed.  No replay, no cheats.....maybe someday I will get to see one.....someday....

SuperTankDriver #24 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 15:41

Major

• Players
  • 20737 battles

View PostNumerius_Titurius_Sophus, on Jan 13 2018 - 14:10, said:

It does seem out there, but I am willing to keep an eye out.

I tend to be sympathetic to people like the op because there was a multiplayer game where I insisted there was a way people were cheating.  I was called everything under the sun in the forums....pretty nasty.  Even one of the Devs joined in insulting me and insisting what I said was impossible.

Turned out I was right.  At least the Dev apologised though noone nasty from the forums did.

One of the things I learned was that no video evidence, no matter how obvious, would convince people.  They would always find a different explanation no matter how obvious it was something was going on.  This is why I refuse to bother uploading vids anymore showing cheating.  Pointless.

Oh really? So one of the game developers himself came to the NA forums (a place which they never visit) just to insult you?

And then he also apologized when you were right?

Link please? I'd like to see that.

Dain_Ironfoot_ #25 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 15:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20214 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostSuperTankDriver, on Jan 13 2018 - 14:41, said:

Oh really? So one of the game developers himself came to the NA forums (a place which they never visit) just to insult you?

He said "a multiplayer game", he did not say it was WoT.

Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #26 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 15:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12081 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostSuperTankDriver, on Jan 13 2018 - 15:41, said:

NOT WG.  This was another multiplayer game*.  I believe I made that clear,

* If you must know, it was Blood Bowl.   Great game btw. [/plug]

Edited by Numerius_Titurius_Sophus, Jan 13 2018 - 15:50.

Dain_Ironfoot_ #27 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 15:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20214 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View Postscyorkie, on Jan 13 2018 - 12:28, said:

You still need to aim when he's at point blank range?

By aiming he just means placing the reticle on the target.

Gotta love all these smart alecks thinking they are cool and berating the OP, yet they are the ones that aren't making any sense.

The OP encountered a known bug in the game, that a lot of people obviously don't know about.  Take a breath and step down off your high horses.

Edited by Thrain_Ironsword, Jan 13 2018 - 15:51.

SwedishEOD #28 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 16:04

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 57428 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostThrain_Ironsword, on Jan 13 2018 - 15:48, said:

Gotta love all these smart alecks thinking they are cool and berating the OP, yet they are the ones that aren't making any sense.

The OP encountered a known bug in the game, that a lot of people obviously don't know about.  Take a breath and step down off your high horses.

Yes and that would all be fine if it was a new player coming on here having a honest question about what is going on , OP has 70k+ battles and this is not his first rodeo when it comes to threads like this......

o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 #29 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 16:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 423 battles
  • [ITDED] ITDED

wall of text with no replay

10/10 accusation thread

Dain_Ironfoot_ #30 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 16:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20214 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostSwedishEOD, on Jan 13 2018 - 15:04, said:

Yes and that would all be fine if it was a new player coming on here having a honest question about what is going on , OP has 70k+ battles and this is not his first rodeo when it comes to threads like this......

Regardless, I'm just talking about the original post here in this thread, not all of his other posts in other threads... I'm sure people are free to respond to those somewhere else, if they are so inclined.  He was just asking questions and trying to learn, at least it seems.

nxp #31 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 16:19

Captain

• Players
  • 36725 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
a simple replay would saved you alot of writing that makes no sense. but no, you just own't provide. 

Benjeeh_CA #32 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 16:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29882 battles
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP
What it sounds like to me is your reticle is distance jumping, going from aiming for the closer ridge  then when you move your gun up the game doesn't see the ridge and ranges for a longer shot changing the arc of the gun, it's more noticeable with low she'll velocity guns  or trying to shoot through holes like Windows 

SuperTankDriver #33 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 16:34

Major

• Players
  • 20737 battles

View PostThrain_Ironsword, on Jan 13 2018 - 14:45, said:

He said "a multiplayer game", he did not say it was WoT.

View PostNumerius_Titurius_Sophus, on Jan 13 2018 - 14:48, said:

NOT WG.  This was another multiplayer game*.  I believe I made that clear,

* If you must know, it was Blood Bowl.   Great game btw. [/plug]

Fair enough, my bad. Apologies. :)

scyorkie #34 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 17:56

Major

• Players
  • 70241 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostThrain_Ironsword, on Jan 13 2018 - 22:48, said:

Gotta love how you are defending the guy who took entire paragraphs to describe in a convoluted manner an "abnormality" that could simply be summarized into 10 words, and whose first response to said "abnormality" was that the player in question was cheating, instead of considering if a multitude of other factors could in fact be responsible.

There was no bug; at the very least there is zero credible evidence of anything abnormal. Take a breath and step off the pedestal of ignorance and naivety.

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #35 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 18:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22602 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR

View PostGriffon327327, on Jan 13 2018 - 12:19, said:

Ran into a player that is obviously using a cheat mod / hack that apparently I have run into in battle before and in heat of the moment never noticed anything odd

you know how if you aim on a tank and right click it will auto lock ? I am not saying aim in general direction I am saying aim directly at the very base center of target to auto lock ...

Now we have all tried to aim at and shoot target that are hugging a ridge line and try for all your might the game refuse to left you aim the cross hairs on them and they bounce up and down and all over the place ?

I am not talking auto targeting here I saying it is impossible to aim at a target on a ridge line because the game will not let you ..the same reason that if you are targeting an enemy even stationary that goes unspotted your targeting hairs always drop and you loose aim

These are all things that are built into the game and this person who I have not named (you hear that mods haven't named anyone ) has apparently figured out what value the game applies to a tank that is on a ridge line and permanently attached it to his tank so that when you try to aim at him your aiming reticule bounces all over the place even when hes point blank away on flat ground ?

has no one noticed this ?

ATTENTION mod trying to find out if this is an issue and since sending in a ticket and a replay will never give an answer even if it really is a mod hack / cheat .. make you got rogue game developers fluttering around in the game creating havok ?

no one was named looking for answers

For told the true yes sadly everyone on this game are using it . that why we got problem to plays this game . your weak spoot are hide but when one cheat with aimbot he found weak spoot to hit you . long range fire with poll . when you are scout big o ho fire with derp using aim-bot calculate your trajectory boom your dead .. i can name all the mods and were really you can have it on ruse internet website From world of tank i think is from other server give ligale to use it . but the guy make it work on us server . but i can said the mods working the cheat working ... x-ray to see behind wall and rock aimbot-with it just right clik on the mouse the tanks are all ready to hit when you go got him  if you see many rushing to get you not ask why LOL . is why have lot spammer apcr on this game player using the ammo  ... and i know on this forum  lots a lots lots player using illegals mods and he said have no cheats Ding dong im not stupid .. i did all ready reported wg for it . for me i stoped playing this game im inside mechwarriore now

VinnyI82 #36 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 18:45

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 34055 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 13 2018 - 07:26, said:

Submit the replay with timestamps for support to investigate if you think someone is cheating. Its pointless to post about it on the forums because nothing will be done and you'll potentially just get trolled.

Don't bother.  WG won't punish anyone.  Just look at all the people with T-22s still floating around.  Just look at the guy that got me banned the other day.  They all still play, they all still have thier accounts.

Seriously:  Don't.  [edited].  Bother.

Dain_Ironfoot_ #37 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 18:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20214 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View Postscyorkie, on Jan 13 2018 - 16:56, said:

Gotta love how you are defending the guy who took entire paragraphs to describe in a convoluted manner an "abnormality" that could simply be summarized into 10 words, and whose first response to said "abnormality" was that the player in question was cheating, instead of considering if a multitude of other factors could in fact be responsible.

There was no bug; at the very least there is zero credible evidence of anything abnormal. Take a breath and step off the pedestal of ignorance and naivety.

Yeah, how dare I defend someone that is different than you are from childish insults. There you go again, with your "cool guy" response.  I see a lot of certain leet "cool guy" players doing these sorts of things both in the game and here in the forums.  Perhaps you should have read more than 10 words in his original post and you might realize the reason he used more than 10 words.  If you would have read it you could clearly see that he was asking a question trying to figure out if it was a hack or something else that anyone has encountered.  As others in the thread have noted, apparently there is a known bug similar to what the OP is describing.  At least that's what they said and perhaps you might reply with something useful or a logical rebuttal to that and follow the conversation in a decent manner rather than just coming here to be disrespectful to someone asking a question.  Take a breath and try to understand that not everyone is the exact same as you and might use more words to say something than you might like.  If you don't want to read it, then you might not want to respond with ignorant comments.

Edited by Thrain_Ironsword, Jan 13 2018 - 20:26.

Icon_Charlie #38 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 18:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14188 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-

View Postpoisonousblood, on Jan 13 2018 - 06:28, said:

I know when people are cheating when they play better than me :trollface:

This guy who writes in green just wants to appear to be good at something.  Fanboy Poster Child.  

Markd73 #39 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 18:50

Major

• Players
  • 29417 battles

View PostKliphie, on Jan 13 2018 - 13:11, said:

Why not attach the replay and tell the time that it happened?

This^^^

OP - Replay or I call bs

WangOnTheLoose #40 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 18:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 25361 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostGriffon327327, on Jan 13 2018 - 07:54, said:

we are all at mercy of mods just asking questions here

why did you have even bother making this thread without a replay attached?  No one can tell you what happened without seeing what happened.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users