VinnyI82 #41 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 18:54

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35377 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View PostMarkd73, on Jan 13 2018 - 12:50, said:

This^^^

OP - Replay or I call bs

Replays don't matter.  People will still crapon the guy even if he has a legit replay.

I speak from experience.
It's victim blaming at its finest.

R_Razor #42 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 19:16

Captain

• Players
  • 8042 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM

View PostNumerius_Titurius_Sophus, on Jan 13 2018 - 09:10, said:

It does seem out there, but I am willing to keep an eye out.

I tend to be sympathetic to people like the op because there was a multiplayer game where I insisted there was a way people were cheating.  I was called everything under the sun in the forums....pretty nasty.  Even one of the Devs joined in insulting me and insisting what I said was impossible.

Turned out I was right.  At least the Dev apologised though noone nasty from the forums did.

One of the things I learned was that no video evidence, no matter how obvious, would convince people.  They would always find a different explanation no matter how obvious it was something was going on.  This is why I refuse to bother uploading vids anymore showing cheating.  Pointless.

And generally the ones making the most noise and hurling the most insults are the ones running the illegal mods. Nothing new. 

WangOnTheLoose #43 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 19:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 25768 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostVinnyI82, on Jan 13 2018 - 12:54, said:

Replays don't matter.  People will still crapon the guy even if he has a legit replay.

I speak from experience.

Replays matter a lot because people can give their opinion on what actually happened be it a bug or cheating.  To think they don't is just completely stupid.  Without no one really knows what happened at all and you can't get an informed opinion on the matter, and that is what should matter.

Edited by WangOnTheLoose, Jan 13 2018 - 19:36.

Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #44 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 19:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12491 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostSuperTankDriver, on Jan 13 2018 - 16:34, said:

Fair enough, my bad. Apologies. :)

An Apology?  you DO realize this is World of Tanks, right?!  :)

o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 #45 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 423 battles
  • [ITDED] ITDED

View PostVinnyI82, on Jan 13 2018 - 18:54, said:

I speak from experience.

Yes replays dont matter when people explain to you exactly what happened and it doesnt jive with your hax theory. go on

VinnyI82 #46 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:04

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35377 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View Posto7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7, on Jan 13 2018 - 14:01, said:

Yes replays dont matter when people explain to you exactly what happened and it doesnt jive with your hax theory. go on

Uh yeah, I'm actually the kinda guy that gets accused of hacking.  My comment was more based upon the situation where I am constantly getting abused through physics by trolls.

Hans_von_Twitchy #47 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 39752 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG

First, the OP is either stupid or incredibly arrogant if he thinks that we'll all be convinced by his description of his personal experience without a replay. There is no point in making a cheating accusation post without providing more than your sayso.

Second, from what I can discern from OP's semi-coherent ramble, he seems to be describing a deliberate feature of the game -- not a cheat, and not a "known bug" as many posters have commented. I think the OP is just describing this: In reality, to successfully hit an enemy tank, the shooter has to aim above the target, to allow for gravity's affect on the shell. Both target distance and shell velocity have to be taken into account when aiming. WG decided that this made the game too hard for us, so they added software which cheated: all we have to do is point our gun straight at the target, and the gun will actually fire the shell at a slightly higher elevation, by the number of degrees necessary to compensate for gravity. For this software to do its work, you have to be aiming at a target (so the distance-to-target is known). Aiming your gun anywhere else does not invoke this magical anti-gravity software. One consequence of this is that when you are moving your aim onto and off a target, the gun sight will appear to bounce up and down. It is a feature, not a cheat or a bug, and is clearly documented in the wiki: wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Ballistic_Trajectory

Markd73 #48 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 01:09

Major

• Players
  • 29746 battles

View PostVinnyI82, on Jan 13 2018 - 17:54, said:

I speak from experience.

No it is the shifting of the burden of proof fallacy. You keep making claims yet not providing proof.

This is your responsibility. Until you provide enough proof for your claim I call bs.

scyorkie #49 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 03:39

Major

• Players
  • 72075 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostThrain_Ironsword, on Jan 14 2018 - 01:46, said:

Yeah, how dare I defend someone that is different than you are from childish insults. There you go again, with your "cool guy" response.  I see a lot of certain leet "cool guy" players doing these sorts of things both in the game and here in the forums.  Perhaps you should have read more than 10 words in his original post and you might realize the reason he used more than 10 words.  If you would have read it you could clearly see that he was asking a question trying to figure out if it was a hack or something else that anyone has encountered.  As others in the thread have noted, apparently there is a known bug similar to what the OP is describing.  At least that's what they said and perhaps you might reply with something useful or a logical rebuttal to that and follow the conversation in a decent manner rather than just coming here to be disrespectful to someone asking a question.  Take a breath and try to understand that not everyone is the exact same as you and might use more words to say something than you might like.  If you don't want to read it, then you might not want to respond with ignorant comments.

I read his post more than once.

If I misread it somehow, you know it's entirely his fault.

If I chose to reply in a seemingly non-constructive manner, it's because OP's post is just as non-constructive.

Again, there is no "known bug". Nobody has shown any evidence of such a bug.

In fact, nobody in this thread agrees with you that there is such a bug.

Your statement "As others in the thread have noted, apparently there is a known bug similar to what the OP is describing" is deceitful.

Understand that spouting Trump-like generalizations and exaggerations does not work with those who actually fact-check.

For someone who claims to understand OP's convoluted post, it's amazing you couldn't understand my very succinct ones and/or what the other posters in this thread are saying.

Dain_Ironfoot_ #50 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 06:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 21830 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View Postscyorkie, on Jan 14 2018 - 02:39, said:

If I chose to reply in a seemingly non-constructive manner, it's because OP's post is just as non-constructive.

Your statement "As others in the thread have noted, apparently there is a known bug similar to what the OP is describing" is deceitful.

Understand that spouting Trump-like generalizations and exaggerations does not work with those who actually fact-check.

For someone who claims to understand OP's convoluted post, it's amazing you couldn't understand my very succinct ones and/or what the other posters in this thread are saying.

Good try with the liberal fail-logic, but you aren't even replying to what I said.  Instead of repeating myself, you can just go back and reread what I said.  

scyorkie #51 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 06:26

Major

• Players
  • 72075 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostThrain_Ironsword, on Jan 14 2018 - 13:19, said:

Good try with the liberal fail-logic, but you aren't even replying to what I said.  Instead of repeating myself, you can just go back and reread what I said.  

Can't be bothered to waste more time on ignorant liars. [Statement retracted.]

Edited by scyorkie, Jan 14 2018 - 17:31.

Dain_Ironfoot_ #52 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 07:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 21830 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View Postscyorkie, on Jan 14 2018 - 05:26, said:

Can't be bothered to waste more time on ignorant liars.

Amusing, fabricating baseless insults as a response to your own twisted version of what people say... and then calling them liars.  Quite ironic.  Please do continue, you only prove my points and validate what I said in my posts here.

Griffon327327 #53 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 10:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 79899 battles
  • [NVRDI] NVRDI

View PostScorpiany, on Jan 13 2018 - 14:26, said:

It sounds to me like your aiming reticle is bugged. There is no illegal mod that will make your reticle bounce all over the place.

WG does have a bug on ridgelines where the reticle bounces around, but that doesn't mean you can shoot at ridges - Even when the reticle is aimed at the ground below, the server still sees the reticle at the center of your camera - Meaning you can still snipe / shoot at ridges regardless of where the screen shows your reticle.

Just as that can be the case with ridgelines, the opposite can be true for regular ground - Sometimes the reticle bugs out and the turret twitches around for no reason.

It's not an illegal mod, it's just a really buggy game client.

What part of it only ever happened 1 time and aiming at only that one single player in 70 THOUSAND battles and hasn't happened since is not understood ?

the horizon issue of not being able to aim at an enemy has been in game since day 1 and it is not limited to 1 ridge line but every ridge line on every map so there is definitely a reason for that happening

there are so many problems in this game but for each problem it appears wargaming has at least 100 hired thugs that scour the forums 24 hours daily to discount EVERYTHING that is wrong in the game and they think people just believe that there is no issues in the game ever ?

wait ?? what is that I hear ? over yonder it appears to be a 4k widescreen and a PS4 game console calling to me ? later got stuff to do

you can all argue over the shape and consistency of poodle crap till your hearts content

o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 #54 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 12:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 423 battles
  • [ITDED] ITDED
im so glad a replay has been provided to back up OPs claims after 3 pages of [edited].. oh wait

Ripping #55 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 12:43

Captain

• Players
  • 18567 battles
  • [MOGS] MOGS

View PostGriffon327327, on Jan 13 2018 - 13:19, said:

Ran into a player that is obviously using a cheat mod / hack that apparently I have run into in battle before and in heat of the moment never noticed anything odd

you know how if you aim on a tank and right click it will auto lock ? I am not saying aim in general direction I am saying aim directly at the very base center of target to auto lock ...

Now we have all tried to aim at and shoot target that are hugging a ridge line and try for all your might the game refuse to left you aim the cross hairs on them and they bounce up and down and all over the place ?

I am not talking auto targeting here I saying it is impossible to aim at a target on a ridge line because the game will not let you ..the same reason that if you are targeting an enemy even stationary that goes unspotted your targeting hairs always drop and you loose aim

These are all things that are built into the game and this person who I have not named (you hear that mods haven't named anyone ) has apparently figured out what value the game applies to a tank that is on a ridge line and permanently attached it to his tank so that when you try to aim at him your aiming reticule bounces all over the place even when hes point blank away on flat ground ?

has no one noticed this ?

ATTENTION mod trying to find out if this is an issue and since sending in a ticket and a replay will never give an answer even if it really is a mod hack / cheat .. make you got rogue game developers fluttering around in the game creating havok ?

no one was named looking for answers

If you can see a tiny bit of a tank, zooming out, you can lock on to it...

The OP is yet again calling hacks, cheats or some other tin foil hat BS... Nothing new here.

Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #56 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 14:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12491 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostThrain_Ironsword, on Jan 14 2018 - 07:01, said:

Amusing, fabricating baseless insults as a response to your own twisted version of what people say... and then calling them liars.  Quite ironic.  Please do continue, you only prove my points and validate what I said in my posts here.

Give the guy a break.  He is emulating the President and the Republican leaders.  It takes practice.

Scorpiany #57 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 14:22

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 33845 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostGriffon327327, on Jan 14 2018 - 01:06, said:

What part of it only ever happened 1 time and aiming at only that one single player in 70 THOUSAND battles and hasn't happened since is not understood ?

the horizon issue of not being able to aim at an enemy has been in game since day 1 and it is not limited to 1 ridge line but every ridge line on every map so there is definitely a reason for that happening

there are so many problems in this game but for each problem it appears wargaming has at least 100 hired thugs that scour the forums 24 hours daily to discount EVERYTHING that is wrong in the game and they think people just believe that there is no issues in the game ever ?

wait ?? what is that I hear ? over yonder it appears to be a 4k widescreen and a PS4 game console calling to me ? later got stuff to do

you can all argue over the shape and consistency of poodle crap till your hearts content

You seem to misunderstand something about the bug - It's not special code that WG added for ridgelines to prevent you from aiming at them. It's a bug. There is no hack that allows someone else to impact your game client - Only their own. There's no magical code that you can attach to a tank to make it so that you can't aim at them.

Was your team able to shoot at that player? I imagine so. Have you ever fought against that player again so you have more than a one-off battle where your reticle bugged out? I imagine not. Were their stats super high because it's impossible for anyone to shoot at them? I also imagine not.

Your reticle bugged out. Sometimes it happens. It's a but that's been around for a long, long time and sometimes impacts something other than ridgelines. There are bugs with the reticle where sometimes it gets stuck in place. There are bugs where the turret twitches at random without your input. There are bugs where a reticle twitches behind a target even though you're aiming correctly at them.

The aiming system is completely screwed up in this game. So why would you first assumption when your reticle bugs out when aiming at someone be "Well, that player must obviously be hacking my game client so I can't shoot at them!"? Your aiming reticle bugged out. It happens to everyone sometimes.

Scorpiany #58 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 14:30

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 33845 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View Postscyorkie, on Jan 13 2018 - 18:39, said:

View Postscyorkie, on Jan 13 2018 - 21:26, said:

Can't be bothered to waste more time on ignorant liars.

It's incredibly ironic that you're calling him a liar, when you're the one claiming that "There is no bug", "Nobody agrees that there is a bug" - Because saying that there isn't a bug, is lying.

​The aiming reticle bouncing around when you're aiming at a ridgeline, lagging behind a target, or even freezing up, are all very well-known and thoroughly documented bugs in the game. They've been around for many years, and it's something that WarGaming has still failed to fix.

So no - You didn't fact-check. No, he didn't make "Trump-like generalizations". And no, he isn't lying. You are.

For someone who told the guy to get off his pedestal, you certainly seem to be stuck far too high up on yours. Not only is everything you said wrong, but it applies to you, not him.

Edited by Scorpiany, Jan 14 2018 - 14:32.

Kliphie #59 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 14:33

Major

• Players
  • 30607 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Isn't the "bug" just the game doing the shell drop compensation for you and switching from XXX meters to infinity?  Not sure how you "fix" math.  

Scorpiany #60 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 15:57

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 33845 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostKliphie, on Jan 14 2018 - 05:33, said:

Isn't the "bug" just the game doing the shell drop compensation for you and switching from XXX meters to infinity?  Not sure how you "fix" math.  

The visual reticle ends up displaying below the tank you're aiming at, and ends up "stuck" in the ridgeline below. That means you're not able to actually highlight the vehicle you're trying to shoot at. The shells will still travel towards the center of your camera if you're pointing at the tank, but visually the reticle is somewhere else completely.

It has nothing to do with math. It's about where the reticle on your end is displayed and pointing at.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users