kit med repair extinguisher sharing

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

flowerpower210 #1 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 18:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20654 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

I've had this crazy idea while takin' a piss. What if it was possible to share/use your repair & medical kits on nearby teammates? Obviously, a used kit would become unavailable for the set amount of time.

My thinking is that, for instance:

a) If you see, a perma-tracked friendly tank, you could hurl forward (get in close proximity) and save him by sacrificing your repair kit.

b)You could remove the stun from your friends (and heal crew mates... although you wouldn't know unless you platoon or they would communicate their deaths to you)

​I think it would add another dimension of team play... and would serve as a therapy to this cancerous community :P. I had this idea while taking a leak. I obviously didn't think it through, but do you think the introduction of something similar could be nice?

Please discuss politely... and please do not spread your cancer ;)

F_Type #2 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 18:52

Captain

• Players
  • 17658 battles
  • [_FAM_] _FAM_
They should also allow battle rezs 

Rush_91 #3 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 19:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8537 battles
  • [TDF1] TDF1

View PostF_Type, on Jan 13 2018 - 18:52, said:

They should also allow battle rezs 

And I should be able to donate my HP to teammates that don't suck as bad as me! We are being sarcastic right?

F4U_wingman #4 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 19:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 69709 battles
  • [MUG-W] MUG-W

Really ?? :D In this game?

With all the campers that don't want to share their HP while they watch their mates get killed!!!

It would be useless. :facepalm:

spud_tuber #5 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 19:30

Major

• Players
  • 44331 battles
This.. Isn't actually the worst idea I've heard.  I'm not sure it would be balanced, especially with the standard insta repair/heal and normal cooldown, but it is still interesting.

flowerpower210 #6 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 19:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20654 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

View PostF4U_wingman, on Jan 13 2018 - 13:30, said:

Really ?? :D In this game?

With all the campers that don't want to share their HP while they watch their mates get killed!!!

It would be useless. :facepalm:

​Maybe you are a greedy bastard lol.

I'm thinking that it would be a useful tool for platoons. Also, I have been known to take a hit or two to help out my team. I'd be willing to share my repair kit on some occasions. Sure, most people wouldn't do it, but for those who do, there is a tactical element to it.

holdmecloserTonyDanza #7 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 58320 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
Ive had so many teammates over the last two days who wouldn't even round a corner to take one shot at the 3 tanks I'm fighting...I'm suspecting they sure as hell won't give me a repair pack

RedBaronK #8 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 36854 battles
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS
I remember reading in Rita's blog a while back that WG was pondering adding a armored recovery vehicle to be able to "heal" and reload ammo on tanks during battle.... Sounded intriguing, but instead out of nowhere they introduced other ideas like the stun mechanic...GG. 

TRK213_Turkey #9 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6127 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Any idea that could promote team play is worth thinking about. 

I have played Ultima Online for...  something like 18 years I think.  Never PvP though.  Anyway, that game has multiple healing processes.  The healing skill that you can apply to yourself or others to heal damage or, at higher levels, even resurrect the dead.  There are potions made by someone with the alchemist skill that can heal the user,  Finally there are various flavors of magical skills that can also heal and resurrect.  I recall that some in the PvP community used to complain that a pair of mages who also had the healing skill cross healing and casting healing spells while chugging healing potions in battle were almost impossible to kill.  Obviously, that wouldn't happen in WoT as the repair kits do not restore hit points to a damaged tank.

My KV1 got hit by arty once taking out my gun, everyone in the turret and my tracks.  I only had small repair and first aid kits so I had to make some tough choices and was pretty much useless for the rest of the fight.  Repair healing help from a team mate would have been welcome but, as quickly as some matches move, I question whether or not help could be called for and applied in time to make any difference. 

Maybe WG should add a playable tank recovery vehicle you could use to recover and restore tanks in a grand battle.  That might be kind of interesting.

vinnybagadonuts #10 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26852 battles
  • [UBH-T] UBH-T

a new class of "healing/repair" tanks!!!   

yea..no

OLDIRTYBOMBER #11 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8063 battles
  • [JOY] JOY

Needs more P2W to fit WG's game structure. 

Make them cost more to use too. :child:

Also tagged with kit, med, repair, extinguisher, sharing

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users