Autoloaders

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Capt_Nixon #1 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7150 battles
  • [FLARE] FLARE

Want to hear from vets (and noobs) as to their thoughts on autoloaders for those tanks that can mount them.

I only tried once, on the M5 Stuart, and after about a dozen battles I de-mounted and went back to the traditional M6 gun. My playstyle is more poke and shoot, and I just could not, or would not, adapt to the need to remain exposed for the duration of emptying the magazine, often taking damage in the process. And found as soon as I took a hit, I'd back off and fire my last couple rounds in to the rock or building I had chosen for cover. For a couple battles, I tried to do the run-and-gun over open ground with auto-aim engaged, but in one instance another of my team's lights zipped between me and the target as I was circling and I killed him.

So I de-mounted and didn't give it another try, partly because at the time it was the only tank I had that could use them. But a dozen battles obviously isn't enough to become skilled in something, and I'm curious if I should commit more time to it now that I have a couple more vehicles that can mount them.

Have others had similar experiences? Never use auto-loaders? Always use them when available? Is mastering them useful for higher tiers and thus worth the investment in time?

Benjeeh_CA #2 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29131 battles
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP

That m5 autoloader isn't how most autoloader work. A lot of people think autoloaders are a problem but really just need to make sure you don't get caught out in the open with one or tracked they have a longer reload once the clip is empty Thats when you want to fight them count their shots

jishawa #3 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 3021 battles
  • [_WOLF] _WOLF
I play a ton of autoloaders, considering i am grinding french mediums/lights, currently on the BC-12t. In order to use them properly you need to be able to come from an unexposed area, or shoot when your opponent isn't looking, then you should be able to dump at least a partial clip without getting hit. It is also very nice to have high mobility so you can circle and shoot, then leave when your clip is empty, then come back in to finish them off. I cant really speak for the autoloading heavies or top tier autoloaders, but that is my experience with them so far.

Sic_Transit_Gloria #4 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10050 battles
The m5 really doesn't count as an autoloader, because of the way it spits out all five shells at once. I also ground the m5 without the top gun.

Autoloaders are interesting tanks that offer a unique playstyle. I enjoy autoloaders... occasionally. When I want to play a tank with a radically different style, I'll take an autoloader for a spin. But I wouldn't say they're necessary for higher tiers. Simply understanding what their strengths and weaknesses can suffice.

jishawa #5 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 3021 battles
  • [_WOLF] _WOLF
Also, the M5 is not a standard autolodaer, similar to many lower tier tanks, it is more of a machine gun style, unsimilar to the higher tier autoloaders which are similar to a normal gun but with quicker rate of fire, with a long reload every 5ish rounds.

wkcw1 #6 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12872 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
If you continue with the American lights, the T71 DA is a good example of what autoloaders are in this game.

_War_Baby_ #7 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17030 battles
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS

​Having 3 marked the Bat Chat 25t, I feel as though they are some of the highest skill-cap tanks in the game. Some general tips in autoloaders are:

​-More often than not autoloaders are fast tanks- use this speed to flex around and spot your targets before pulling back out of spotting range, then clip them out. 

​Find isolated tanks and clip them out. This is what clip potential is great for, you might take one or two shots in return but if you can take an entire tank out the game it'll do wonders. 

​-Perhaps most importantly of all, DO NOT BE GREEDY- it is always better to put one or two shots off and NOT get hit than risk emptying your entire clip and risk getting hit by a camping TD in the back for half your HP. Conserve your HP for late game, this is when autoloaders are most dangerous. 

Capt_Nixon #8 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7150 battles
  • [FLARE] FLARE

View Postjishawa, on Jan 13 2018 - 13:10, said:

Also, the M5 is not a standard autolodaer, similar to many lower tier tanks, it is more of a machine gun style, unsimilar to the higher tier autoloaders which are similar to a normal gun but with quicker rate of fire, with a long reload every 5ish rounds.

​Right, I should have specified ... the lower tier "autocannon" versus the higher tier "autoloader". I.E., learning to use the lower-tier autocannons have little transferrable skills at higher tiers.

Festung #9 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33379 battles

I do not like autoloaders on Red Team tanks. They keep shooting off my treads so that I can't move and then they reduce my HP to zero before I can reload.

1. They're OK on the Green Team (but then I feel sad for the player getting creamed).

2. I guess that I should play them (so that I can get sadistic revenge).

3. I should look before I leap (in front of an autoloader tank).

The last time I was face-to-face with an autoloader was when I pulled into an alley and an autoloader parked in front of the alley and kept shooting my tracks until my HP went to zero. Why should continually shooting tracks cause a tank to be eliminated? After (say) 50% HP loss, shooting tracks should not increase the damage done to a tank. The disabled tank isn't going anywhere but it still should be able to fight (like in the movie "Fury" ). Of course, this would give a tank a chance to reload before its HP went to zero which wouldn't be well accepted by players with autoloader tanks.

Edited by Festung, Jan 13 2018 - 20:55.

Thrain_Ironsword #10 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 20:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16752 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
I would like the M5 auto-cannon if it was a little faster and had a little more pen.

Benjeeh_CA #11 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 23:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29131 battles
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP

View PostFestung, on Jan 13 2018 - 11:53, said:

I do not like autoloaders on Red Team tanks. They keep shooting off my treads so that I can't move and then they reduce my HP to zero before I can reload.

1. They're OK on the Green Team (but then I feel sad for the player getting creamed).

2. I guess that I should play them (so that I can get sadistic revenge).

3. I should look before I leap (in front of an autoloader tank).

The last time I was face-to-face with an autoloader was when I pulled into an alley and an autoloader parked in front of the alley and kept shooting my tracks until my HP went to zero. Why should continually shooting tracks cause a tank to be eliminated? After (say) 50% HP loss, shooting tracks should not increase the damage done to a tank. The disabled tank isn't going anywhere but it still should be able to fight (like in the movie "Fury" ). Of course, this would give a tank a chance to reload before its HP went to zero which wouldn't be well accepted by players with autoloader tanks.

because the shell isn't just hitting your tracks the she'll is going through and hitting the hull of the tank and going through that armour to 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users