Seriously? Fair Match making?

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

Woebegoneslug #1 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 23:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21165 battles
  • [H2OW] H2OW

Seriously,   no one can say that match making in this game is anywhere near being fair.  

I have been keeping track.   And there is some strange hooky going on with the "match making" that makes NO SENSE AT ALL.  

Easily,   and this is no joke or an exaggeration,  EASILY, since the last big update I'm on grossly undermatched teams.  This isn't even up for debate.   The facts are the facts.  

Just today,   played 10 matches.....won 3.     The three wins were essentially miracles.   But I was on ONE game where we had the HP advantage.  

Most of my games are blowouts now.  blowout losses.   1 out of 10 is a competitive game.  I am on way more losing teams than winning teams. 

And I'm not a bad player.  Don't let the silly wn8 fool you.  I'm not a resetter, or cheater or any of that stuff.  I don't use warpack.   And I have thousands and thousands of games where i didn't know what I was doing.  

Fact is......the enemy team has way many more hp's than my teams.  Almost all the time.  Well into 90%.   The last game I played,   we were down 7000 HP's.   How is that possible?   How is that fair?   That's like giving the other team two MAUS for nothing.   Chance of winning the match was 33%.  Not bad actually. 

My point here is a simple one.   WG needs to figure a way for match making to make the HP's more even on both teams.   That's all I'm saying here. 

TeaTimeWithKongou #2 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 23:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8463 battles
Yeah I can no longer defend them on the mm either... But even if mm is bad that doesn't stop you from the potential of doing alot of damage.

DieselDog79 #3 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 23:49

Captain

• Players
  • 31249 battles
MM is far from your problem

Red_Ensign #4 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 23:52

Major

• Players
  • 7328 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 13 2018 - 16:34, said:

Seriously,   no one can say that match making in this game is anywhere near being fair.  

I have been keeping track.   And there is some strange hooky going on with the "match making" that makes NO SENSE AT ALL.  

Easily,   and this is no joke or an exaggeration,  EASILY, since the last big update I'm on grossly undermatched teams.  This isn't even up for debate.   The facts are the facts.  

Just today,   played 10 matches.....won 3.     The three wins were essentially miracles.   But I was on ONE game where we had the HP advantage.  

Most of my games are blowouts now.  blowout losses.   1 out of 10 is a competitive game.  I am on way more losing teams than winning teams. 

And I'm not a bad player.  Don't let the silly wn8 fool you.  I'm not a resetter, or cheater or any of that stuff.  I don't use warpack.   And I have thousands and thousands of games where i didn't know what I was doing.  

Fact is......the enemy team has way many more hp's than my teams.  Almost all the time.  Well into 90%.   The last game I played,   we were down 7000 HP's.   How is that possible?   How is that fair?   That's like giving the other team two MAUS for nothing.   Chance of winning the match was 33%.  Not bad actually. 

My point here is a simple one.   WG needs to figure a way for match making to make the HP's more even on both teams.   That's all I'm saying here. 

replay?  screenshot?  guess not.  ok bye.

Mfezi #5 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 23:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19652 battles
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-
And what about SBMM?....

cloudwalkr #6 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 00:01

Major

• Players
  • 54280 battles

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 13 2018 - 23:34, said:

States opinions as fact?  check

States fictional %'s?  check.

Blames anything other than self?  check

Is far below even "bad" ratings?  check

Yup, everything checks out here guys.    YAHTZEE!

Kerosedge #7 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 00:03

Captain

• Players
  • 20394 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
I'm back in the MM hole. Quit playing for 6 months last time.

ThePigSheFlies #8 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 00:06

Major

• Players
  • 63937 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 13 2018 - 17:34, said:

point to me where in the patent, or in any single piece of wargaming literature that they promised you a fair MM by your definition?!

want to get even with wargaming over rigging?  then get better at the game and start carrying ....

Lammergeier_ #9 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 00:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15296 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

WOT developers don't care about it. You lose they make more money on selling goods

Soccer team 4th division is playing against Premier league it's fair by WOT developers thoughts as each team will have 11 players.

LOL

Edited by xx_Tanker_Mechanic_xx, Jan 14 2018 - 00:09.

n00bfarmer #10 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 00:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
Mm is fair because it treats everyone the same. You actually want it to not be fair and have the mm give you better teams to carry you to more wins. That by definition, would not be fair because a system like that is rigging the games to be easier for you compared to another player with higher stats. Players and others like you always have things backwards. 

cloudwalkr #11 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 00:42

Major

• Players
  • 54280 battles

View Postn00bfarmer, on Jan 14 2018 - 00:25, said:

Mm is fair because it treats everyone the same. You actually want it to not be fair and have the mm give you better teams to carry you to more wins. That by definition, would not be fair because a system like that is rigging the games to be easier for you compared to another player with higher stats. Players and others like you always have things backwards. 

some understand this - many do not...and never will.

_Tsavo_ #12 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 00:43

Major

• Players
  • 41982 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 13 2018 - 17:34, said:

I can say it is fair and don't think MM isn't fair.  We all get treated poorly by her.

tanopasman62 #13 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 00:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 15964 battles

View Postn00bfarmer, on Jan 14 2018 - 00:25, said:

Just because it craps on everyone it doesn't mean it's "good", most people would rather not having a platoon of uniscum stat padders on OP tanks on the other team when you get 8+ braindead apes on yours.

Dands #14 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 00:54

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 11235 battles

View PostKerosedge, on Jan 14 2018 - 09:03, said:

I'm back in the MM hole. Quit playing for 6 months last time.

Yeah but see they may have your "Christmas Boxes" money already and how many other people are in the same boat?  WG don't give a damn about the players, just about farming money from them.

Wargaming, how about whether you win or you lose a random match you get the same benefits?? If that was the case I couldn't care less if I won or not. But to be let down by the MM and lose because of it irks me to tears!

Da_Vinci #15 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 00:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36094 battles
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE

That's weird.

Today I've played a bit as well and I've been winning 6/10.

Maybe there's another variable you're not accounting for.

Markd73 #16 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 01:05

Major

• Players
  • 29683 battles

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 13 2018 - 22:34, said:

All I see are assertions without supporting non-anecdotal evidence. I also see a lot of cherry picking of data. All I see is "I suck but it is not really my fault. I blame everyone and everything else but me"

As far as being a bad player - you are well below average with a WN8 of of 382 and a winrate of 45.07% 

Sounds like EBKAC and blaming everything but himself for his performance.

dominator_98 #17 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 01:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 20151 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 13 2018 - 16:34, said:

Because every player that's better than you hacks. Sure thing mate.

Also, resetters don't give you better recent stats. If you reset now you'd still be below average. This attitude is just an excuse for your mediocre performance. If you actually want to win more of your games you need to get rid of this line of thinking. The only factor you can control is yourself. Good players know this and adapt accordingly.

HI_FIVE #18 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 01:25

Major

• Players
  • 44004 battles
  • [V--S] V--S

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 13 2018 - 18:34, said:

Cant fix stupid.

cloudwalkr #19 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 01:36

Major

• Players
  • 54280 battles

View Posttanopasman62, on Jan 14 2018 - 00:44, said:

Just because it craps on everyone it doesn't mean it's "good", most people would rather not having a platoon of uniscum stat padders on OP tanks on the other team when you get 8+ braindead apes on yours.

First:  any unicum platoon on the enemy team in any tank will be "loser stat padder uniscum" to you, so your biased opinion is already pretty horrid.

Second: Your own argument proves how fair it actually is by admitting it craps on everyone...

3rd:  why are you hating on people who took the time to learn the game, and on top of that asking for WG to give you a crutch instead of getting mad at the countless troves of people unwilling to learn the game but instead choose to blame anything and everyone but themselves?

4th: WG should have nothing to do with what specific players are on a specific team.  The ONLY thing WG should do in terms of balance is make teams even in terms of tank classes.  If one team gets 3 top tier super hvys, the other team should get super hvys. ect..

Selecting individual players like backyard dodgeball games (which some here have proposed) is the definition of rigging.  Enough people already blame their losses on rigged games, imagine if WG actually did it.  To add to that thought process, imagine if WG did implement a skilled balanced mm (where it says: 1 blue for you, 1 blue for me, 2 green for you, 2 green for me...)  then what would be the "skill" balances?  Would WG use wn8?  hope not, because it would easily be skewed.  Would WG use PR, hope not as it isn't accurate for the most part.  

Continuing on with that thought train:  At what levels on wn8/ PR would the "cuttoffs" be?  What if your team got a 1600 wn8 player (blue) and the enemy team got a 2300 wn8 player (also blue)?  Would you be happy with that in terms of balance?  Because there is a drastic difference between a 1600 player and a 2300 player.  Both are above average so both would be considered "good" by the game.  Bottom line it's a system that wouldn't work and would only feed into the countless arguments from below avg players that like to claim "rigged games R wy i loose".

Mfezi #20 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 01:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19652 battles
  • [BOSS-] BOSS-

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 13 2018 - 23:34, said:

Remember that you have to have the stats before you can have an opinion on this forum!.... :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users