ENTER and WIN GOLD!

Win Gold Tank skins Tank Remodel Contest Recolor Remodel Gold Contest Tanks Tank Contest WoT.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

JLdragon #1 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 03:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 14044 battles

Good day to you all!

Would you like a chance to win some gold? Well then you've come to the right Place!

How you ask? Well.. that totally depends on you and how imaginative and creative you can be!

How much gold? Keep reading and you will soon find out!

Pick a WoT Tank, ANY Tank, give it a total makeover and Post it here for a shot at Gold! Think outside of the Box.. draw some insperation from Vehicles of all types, Real, animated, other games to base your creative idea on..

For Example: TV series, Other PC Games, Anime, cartoons, current and or every day stuff, Whatever you think will blow us away with something TOTALLY AWESOME!

This sounds easy right? Well my friends it will not be so easy! There are MANY players who enjoy recoloring the Tanks of WoT! (myself Included) They might just be as hungry for this gold as you are so the more creative, imaginative, humorous, or just plain crazy as you can be might land ya some well earned G!

Be warned though, Just like in the Highlander Movies,

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Technical STUFF

Contest will last for a period of 3 weeks.

Judging of this contest will last for 2 weeks after Contest period ends.

See Voting information for more details at end of this thread.

All entries will be placed into the appropriate category voting poll and will be judged and voted upon by your peers of WoT.

(Remember! Only members who have played over 100 battles have access to the voting polls)

(As per World of Tanks Forum based rules, not mine)

So the key to this contest is you! As the visionary of your cool Recolored and or Remodeled tank, is to tell your Friends and or fellow Clan Mates to vote for your TANK!

Primary Contest Rules are as follows:

(All rules applied are subject to change or be adjusted at any given time of clarifications as needed)

Click on spoiler button for Rules and Details

Spoiler

Now onto what you have a chance of winning.

Currently there are 2 categories open for submission. Remodel and Recolor.

It will be your choice of which of the 2 contests you would like to enter or both. It all depends on your level of skill working with the .DDS files and familiarity of the software in which you will want to use.

WINNINGS

One Winner per category.

REMODELING: 1500-3500 gold / value

RECOLORING: 750-1500 gold

(Upon pending request, The winner of each contest may have the option of base gold value, Premium shop items, bundles, and or tank purchase equivalent if possible.)

2 Categories

REMODELING and RECOLORING

Category 1: REMODELING Entry Rules.

If you wish to also upload the .DDS and all other needed files in order for players to enjoy and or further inspect it for judging is your choice. It is NOT required. Just remember to zip file them first and state if it is an HD or SD client based file.

Spoiler

Category 2: RECOLOR Entry Rules

If you wish to also upload the .DDS files in order for players to enjoy and or further inspect it for judging is your choice, It is NOT required. Just remember to zip file them first and state if it is an HD or SD client based file.

Spoiler

PLEASE POST ALL ENTRIES INTO THE FOLLOWING WOT THREAD

TANK SUBMISSION THREAD

Recolor and Remodels Submissions can now start at any given time when complete and ready for judging.

VOTING

(Remember! Only members who have played over 100 battles have access to the voting polls)

(As per World of Tanks Forum based rules, not mine)

As the Contest progresses and as time permits I will start building the Voting poll and adding all tank submissions.

It will be set that only 1 vote per account per “category question” is allowed.

After I have finished entering all submissions into the poll and is established, I will unlock the poll to start the voting.. Voting time will last for 2 week period. Then winner will be announced at the Top of this post. (so during this time I ask for your patience, I have a Real Job and Life so be kind :) )

Due to the restrictions of WoT Forums, I can only add 14 poll answers (Tank submissions) per question (Category). If and at which point more then 14 submissions in either category are entered then a second poll will be created (most likely Recolors).

If anyone has any questions, suggestions, or willingness of any players to award a 2nd and or 3rd place gift. Send me a PM.

​So without any further Delay..

THIS CONTEST IS ON!!! Good Luck to you ALL and can not wait to see the all the amazing submissions

​Oh Please keep all comments nice and clean to all entries

Edited by JLdragon, Yesterday, 03:49 AM.

JLdragon #2 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 04:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 14044 battles
Yes This is a REAL contest that I WILL Gift the winning player as per the contest rules I have provided.
Now if any other player would like to also do the same and reward a possible 2nd and or 3rd place winner.. Please state in this thread and or send me a PM and I will update my main thread posting of any addition contest reward payouts.

WhineMaker #3 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 04:03

Major

• Players
  • 31315 battles
If I enter the coloring portion, do I have to keep inside the lines?

JLdragon #4 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 04:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 14044 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on Jan 14 2018 - 03:03, said:

If I enter the coloring portion, do I have to keep inside the lines?

​I am unsure what you mean by this, but as per rule 2.

All Recolors of tank vehicle submissions can be of any kind of variations, colors, logos, etc, As long as it complies with World of Tanks fairplay rules and standards.

and of course Rule 6.

Edited by JLdragon, Jan 14 2018 - 04:32.

JakeTheMystic #5 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 05:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19211 battles
  • [UQ] UQ

Only a max prize of 2500 gold?

I'm not a person to complain about free stuff, but that is a low bar for a work of art, at least in my opinion. 

Please bring back 1v1 tournaments, i'm running low on gold and Wargames doesn't pay enough for my liking.

moon111 #6 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 05:08

Major

• Players
  • 28274 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Jan 14 2018 - 04:00, said:

I'm not a person to complain about free stuff, but that is a low bar for a work of art, at least in my opinion. 

Please bring back 1v1 tournaments, i'm running low on gold and Wargames doesn't pay enough for my liking.

WOT gave me a KV-122.  Think I rather have the gold. :)

JLdragon #7 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 05:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 14044 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Jan 14 2018 - 04:00, said:

​I have up'd the Remodel winning to 3500 gold and Reskin winning to 1500 gold.. Still as per Primary Rule 1,​ Will require at least 3 or more entries to be valid to win...

I hope this will be considered abit more fair. It is afterall my own $$ I am putting up for this contest...

And It's not about how hard ya wanna work at it.. just wanting to create some fun and creativity in the forums instead of players trolling about stats and how this or that sucks.

As far as the remodeling portion goes.. not saying it has to be super insanely beautiful much like Milky's remodels.. just something that would be considered cool and something different.

Edited by JLdragon, Jan 14 2018 - 06:28.

Avalon304 #8 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 06:47

Major

• Players
  • 17324 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

Hmmm... this... interests me. I assume you want new remodels, and not ones that have already been made?

If we desired, could we get Warships doubloons of equal value to WoT gold?

JLdragon #9 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 07:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 14044 battles

Correct Avalon on the remodels, Can start a new remodel for this contest. None that has ever been posted, played in WoT, and or ever been shared anywhere.

And as far as the Doubloons instead of WoT gold.. That I cannot guarantee.. I have never played nor DL'd the warship one.. but if my game time here will count to be able to award it there.. It may be possible.. 

Edited by JLdragon, Jan 14 2018 - 07:43.

Avalon304 #10 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 09:04

Major

• Players
  • 17324 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostJLdragon, on Jan 13 2018 - 23:42, said:

Correct Avalon on the remodels, Can start a new remodel for this contest. None that has ever been posted, played in WoT, and or ever been shared anywhere.

And as far as the Doubloons instead of WoT gold.. That I cannot guarantee.. I have never played nor DL'd the warship one.. but if my game time here will count to be able to award it there.. It may be possible.. 

WoWs doubloons can be gifted just like WoT gold, through the WoWs premium shop, using your current account.

Fantastic... I havent yet started my next remodel... so this works out swimmingly.

TheFalkonett #11 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 18:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Block Quote

Category 1: REMODELING Entry Rules.

If you wish to also upload the .DDS files in order for players to enjoy and or further inspect it for judging is your choice. It is NOT required. Just remember to zip file them first and state if it is an HD or SD client based file.

You might wanna rephrase that. Remodels usually have .dds files, yes. But the most important part is obviously the model. So it'd be good to upload that aswell and not just the textures :P

Something else: I guess it's alright, but asking doesn't hurt, eh?

Is it okay to post the model/skin in our own thread(s) after the entry has been made? Or should we wait 'til the contest is over?

And last but not least:

Block Quote

Remember to state that your Tank submission is for this category at the TOP of your Thread

So are the entries supposed to be posted in here, or in a seperate thread? That is not entirely clear, since both have their advantages and disadvantages.

And in case you want it to be a seperate thread: in which category of the forum? "Tank Skins" or one of the sub forums, just like this thread is?

JLdragon #12 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 19:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 14044 battles
thank you falkonett for that useful information.. Updated thread to clarify..

Fett713 #13 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 19:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30024 battles
  • [BSI] BSI
A few more questions for you JLdragon, for instance TheFalkonett, Milkym4n and I have been working on a project for almost a year now, TheFalkonett did the remodeling, Milky did a bit as well and I did the skinning. Would I be able to enter it as a remodel, they have NA accounts for forum purposes and have given me permission to enter it here? Also does it matter that we've posted some WIP preview screenies before?

Edited by Fett713, Jan 14 2018 - 19:33.

JLdragon #14 Posted Yesterday, 01:14 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14044 battles
As per Primary Contest Rule #7: All Entries must be newly created (Past remodels and or recolors of tanks will not be considered for this contest)
​as same with Avalon's question

View PostJLdragon, on Jan 14 2018 - 06:42, said:

If more time would be required to make a fairly cool decent remodel of any tanks, I would be willing to push the remodel portion of this contest back an extra week or two if needed.

Doesn't have to be something totally mindblowing and a longterm remodel that would not allow others a chance.

TheFalkonett #15 Posted Yesterday, 01:54 AM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

So with "newly created" you do mean that it's only allowed, if work on it has started after the beginning of the contest, so 14th of January 2018.

Personally I would have understood it as meaning that it has to be new to the community ¯\_ツ_/¯

So, for example my Sturmtiger would be excluded, since I showed a preview of it for christmas and I started working on it a few weeks ago...?

Also sorry for asking so many questions already. I'm just the kind of person that seeks out possible exploits or parts that can be misunderstood.

JLdragon #16 Posted Yesterday, 02:03 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14044 battles

ok here are some remodel ideas that might help spark some interest..​

Thundertank

Anime Transformer Tanks

Command and Conquer Tanks

Just plain NUTZ Tank perfect for E25!

Not asking for perfection.. just something that can be achieved in the time frame of the contest.

remember its only 3500 gold contest.. not $3500 contest. :)

Edited by JLdragon, Yesterday, 02:16 AM.

Fett713 #17 Posted Yesterday, 02:05 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30024 battles
  • [BSI] BSI
Well, past remodel would suggest a remodel from the past that has already been released, if it has not been released, it's still a new remodel, as it has been in WIP stage until just this morning. Since this post is from yesterday, anything finished this morning is new and ready for release after the time of this thread/contests OP correct??

JLdragon #18 Posted Yesterday, 02:06 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14044 battles

100% correct Falk.. remodeling starts at the beginning of the contest... and again if anyone who are entering the remodeling portion of this contest and you feel that 3 weeks are not enuf time to create a cool tank (which I have 0% knowledge of and or ever attempted).. Please say so and I will be happy to extend REMODEL contest 1 - 2 weeks as needed.

Edited rules to state that all remodel are to start at the beginning of contest date (1/13/18)

Edited by JLdragon, Yesterday, 02:20 AM.

Fett713 #19 Posted Yesterday, 02:09 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30024 battles
  • [BSI] BSI
Oh, well, there goes our first thought of entry then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users