Jump to content


A Poll on Premium Rounds (aka, gold rounds)


  • Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Poll: Possible Premium Round Solutions (172 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should Premium Rounds be changed to make them more fair to the game and less prevalent at higher tiers of battle?

  1. No, they are fine as they are. (96 votes [55.81%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 55.81%

  2. Yes, they are to powerful and ruin the balance of the game. (76 votes [44.19%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 44.19%

If your answer to the previous question is Yes, please select an option from below on how to balance them.

  1. Remove them altogether, force people to use standard rounds only with no changes to standard rounds. (15 votes [8.72%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.72%

  2. Remove them, but buff standard shells to offset the heavier armored tanks that would prevail due to the removal of premium rounds. (9 votes [5.23%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.23%

  3. Cut their damage by up to half at most, but keep their pen high. (34 votes [19.77%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 19.77%

  4. Increase the price for a single round by at least one thousand times. (2 votes [1.16%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.16%

  5. Give every tank a maximium amont of premium rounds they can carry equal to 10% or 5% (depending on max ammo, the higher the maximum number of rounds the tank can carry, the smaller the percentage of premium rounds they can carry), otherwise, no changes.. (24 votes [13.95%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 13.95%

  6. I have no real idea on how to fix them, just want them fixed to not be so prevalent. (3 votes [1.74%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.74%

  7. Not applicable to me as I answered No to the first question. (85 votes [49.42%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 49.42%

  8. Remove standard rounds, buff armor on all tanks (or most of them) to make up for the higher standard pen. (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

Saint_Metagross #1 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 09:09

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22034 battles
  • 677
  • [TUVK] TUVK
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011
This poll I made was due to the fact that in my recent matches I have noticed a disturbingly high amount of premiums rounds being used, especially at higher tiered matches, and that was regardless of to what tank I was using at the moment, be it a squishy light, or heavily armored heavy.  In the past, this was not as bad, even after they made premiums rounds purchasable with silver.  But, in the past month, after I returned from being gone for a while, I've noticed that almost half the rounds I have been hit with, were premium rounds.  Previously, only roughly 25% of the rounds I was hit with were premium rounds.  I have noticed that more often than not, the team that spams more premium rounds, tend to win the match.  Because of this, I've realized that premium rounds help with stat padding, for you do not need as much skill to pen a target as someone that is using standard ammo, this has created an artificial bloat in many people's statistics because of the easy damage they gain from using premium rounds.  Myself am guilty of using premium rounds, though, I haven't used any since I have come back to the game.  And, I am just curious as to what other people think, and no, I do not think WG will do anything to change the situation.

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Jan 14 2018 - 20:30.


Zippit #2 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 09:13

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 17220 battles
  • 1,732
  • Member since:
    02-19-2011

Block Quote

 Give every tank a maximium amont of premium rounds they can carry equal to 10% or 5% (depending on max ammo, the higher the maximum number of rounds the tank can carry, the smaller the percentage of premium rounds they can carry), otherwise, no changes.. 

 

Great suggestion



the_dude_76 #3 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 09:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30785 battles
  • 1,335
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011

Block Quote

  In the past, this was not as bad

 

Everyone is earning 48% more credits per battle right now, they can afford to fire more premium rounds......



kebab6597 #4 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 09:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 53408 battles
  • 8,495
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

I don,t have a problem with premium ammo being used and it is fine as it is

 

However as suggested many times before in this forum a 10% limit on the amount carried would be an idea and it might stop people coming to the forum everyday complaining about premium ammo 



The_Pushok #5 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 09:20

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8331 battles
  • 295
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G
  • Member since:
    08-23-2015

It will not let vote for only one of them (no), but the second one you only vote if you answered yes to the first one.

 

I get an error message saying I must vote for both questions.



eisen1973 #6 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 09:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 49503 battles
  • 2,238
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_
  • Member since:
    11-04-2011
I voted " NO, They are fine as they are" but the second question is mandatory and only has options for those who voted YES.

F_Type #7 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 09:24

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17602 battles
  • 1,008
  • Member since:
    10-15-2012
These are some interesting ideas here

Saint_Metagross #8 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 09:49

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22034 battles
  • 677
  • [TUVK] TUVK
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jan 14 2018 - 00:16, said:

 

Everyone is earning 48% more credits per battle right now, they can afford to fire more premium rounds......

 

Yeah, that might actually be part of the problem.  To much silver being earned by players that have no real use for it.

Saint_Metagross #9 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 09:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22034 battles
  • 677
  • [TUVK] TUVK
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Postkebab6597, on Jan 14 2018 - 00:16, said:

I don,t have a problem with premium ammo being used and it is fine as it is

 

However as suggested many times before in this forum a 10% limit on the amount carried would be an idea and it might stop people coming to the forum everyday complaining about premium ammo 

 

Not really complaining overall, just find that the amount being used at the moment is absurd, but, as pointed out, people are currently getting more silver per game, and that can influence the amount of premium ammo being used.

Saint_Metagross #10 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 09:52

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22034 battles
  • 677
  • [TUVK] TUVK
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Posteisen1973, on Jan 14 2018 - 00:23, said:

I voted " NO, They are fine as they are" but the second question is mandatory and only has options for those who voted YES.

 

Ah...I thought I forgot something when making those answers, for one was supposed to go along the lines of "Not applicable to me."  Sorry about that.

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Jan 14 2018 - 09:52.


loneweaver #11 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 10:07

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37883 battles
  • 144
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View Posteisen1973, on Jan 14 2018 - 03:23, said:

I voted " NO, They are fine as they are" but the second question is mandatory and only has options for those who voted YES.

 

View PostThe_Pushok, on Jan 14 2018 - 03:20, said:

It will not let vote for only one of them (no), but the second one you only vote if you answered yes to the first one.

 

I get an error message saying I must vote for both questions.

 

​ It's like a catch to vote no. For to validate no- the second question has  for those who vote no click here as the last option. So we have to read all to be able to use no as a answer.

Festung #12 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 10:31

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 33288 battles
  • 251
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011
This is just another effort by a superior player to penalize those of less talent. We players of less than average talent face tanks one and two tiers higher and need gold shells to somewhat balance the inequity. Regular rounds = bounce; gold rounds = penetrate. Remember WG was supposed to have Ranked Battles so players could battle with equally skilled players but WG set a time for Ranked Battles where most of us lesser mortals cannot participate. This argument should be with WG, i.e., Ranked Battles should be a choice like Random Battles. If the effect of gold rounds is reduced, how many more players would camp do you think?

Saint_Metagross #13 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 10:54

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22034 battles
  • 677
  • [TUVK] TUVK
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Postloneweaver, on Jan 14 2018 - 01:07, said:

 

 

​ It's like a catch to vote no. For to validate no- the second question has  for those who vote no click here as the last option. So we have to read all to be able to use no as a answer.

 

No, just me forgetting one of the options I meant to put in, I fixed it as soon it was brought up....well...soon enough.

Saint_Metagross #14 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 10:58

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22034 battles
  • 677
  • [TUVK] TUVK
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostFestung, on Jan 14 2018 - 01:31, said:

This is just another effort by a superior player to penalize those of less talent. We players of less than average talent face tanks one and two tiers higher and need gold shells to somewhat balance the inequity. Regular rounds = bounce; gold rounds = penetrate. Remember WG was supposed to have Ranked Battles so players could battle with equally skilled players but WG set a time for Ranked Battles where most of us lesser mortals cannot participate. This argument should be with WG, i.e., Ranked Battles should be a choice like Random Battles. If the effect of gold rounds is reduced, how many more players would camp do you think?

 

I am actually flattered that you think I am a superior player, when in truth, if you compared my stats to those that are actually good, I am more or less average of a player.  And, also, most matches I play, tend to see me at the bottom, I use nothing but standard shells, and tend to do good enough, just got to play to the strength of your team and your tank is all.  It takes practice, trust me on that one, there was a point I had less than 49% win rate, but I tried hard to learn how to fight with the tanks I used.  Nowhere near perfect though.  But, damn, thanks for the compliment, you know, calling me a superior player, that actually makes me think my struggles where worth it.

madgiecool #15 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 11:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 48530 battles
  • 4,400
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

with the MM being 3/5/7 or 5/10 or 3/3/9

 

and I'm always the guy with MM+2.

 

Being shot by a guy 2 tiers higher with gold spam is BS.  I have no armour yet they still use prem rounds.  I guess easy mode is a thing.



_Gungrave_ #16 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 12:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 38189 battles
  • 10,432
  • [JGRN] JGRN
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

Lets put it in simple terms

 

1) Players complained about the old MM which while flawed you had your fair share of matches where you were top to mid tier.

2) WG "fixes" the MM resulting in people hardly ever being mid to top tier.

3) Because of ^that^ more people started carrying gold because their tanks need it to even hope of being effective in the match.

 

 

Gold rounds aren't the issue when you consider the impact the new MM has caused.


Edited by _Gungrave_, Jan 14 2018 - 12:24.


VooDooKobra #17 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 12:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 7288 battles
  • 2,838
  • [MOVE] MOVE
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View Postmadgiecool, on Jan 14 2018 - 03:35, said:

with the MM being 3/5/7 or 5/10 or 3/3/9

 

and I'm always the guy with MM+2.

 

Being shot by a guy 2 tiers higher with gold spam is BS.  I have no armour yet they still use prem rounds.  I guess easy mode is a thing.

 

maybe look at it like i do when i am in a light tank or similar squishy vehicle.  if he wastes more expensive premium rounds on me thats shot that are not going into the armor of say the top tier or more skilled player.  so if we win thats even less credits for him

 

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 14 2018 - 04:23, said:

Lets put it in simple terms

 

1) Players complained about the old MM which while flawed you had your fair share of matches where you were top to mid tier.

2) WG "fixes" the MM resulting in people hardly ever being mid to top tier.

3) Because of ^that^ more people started carrying gold because their tanks need it to even hope of being effective in the match.

 

 

Gold rounds aren't the issue when you consider the impact the new MM has caused.

 

so the moral is be careful what we wish for?


Edited by VooDooKobra, Jan 14 2018 - 12:36.


o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 #18 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 12:37

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 423 battles
  • 77
  • [ITDED] ITDED
  • Member since:
    01-23-2015

View PostSaint_Metagross, on Jan 14 2018 - 09:09, said:

This poll I made was due to the fact that in my recent matches I have noticed a disturbingly high amount of premiums rounds being used, especially at higher tiered matches, and that was regardless of to what tank I was using at the moment, be it a squishy light, or heavily armored heavy.  In the past, this was not as bad, even after they made premiums rounds purchasable with silver.  But, in the past month, after I returned from being gone for a while, I've noticed that almost half the rounds I have been hit with, were premium rounds.  Previously, only roughly 25% of the rounds I was hit with were premium rounds.  I have noticed that more often than not, the team that spams more premium rounds, tend to win the match.  Because of this, I've realized that premium rounds help with stat padding, for you do not need as much skill to pen a target as someone that is using standard ammo, this has created an artificial bloat in many people's statistics because of the easy damage they gain from using premium rounds.  Myself am guilty of using premium rounds, though, I haven't used any since I have come back to the game.  And, I am just curious as to what other people think, and no, I do not think WG will do anything to change the situation.

 

i think we need to buff the types and other tanks like them some more. say give them sloping like the STRV for an effective armor of at least 1800mm from anywhere. then the game will not be broken at all

_Gungrave_ #19 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 12:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 38189 battles
  • 10,432
  • [JGRN] JGRN
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostVooDooKobra, on Jan 14 2018 - 12:35, said:

so the moral is be careful what we wish for?

 

No the moral of the story is don't ask WG to fix things and expect good results as generally its going to be FUBAR.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Jan 14 2018 - 12:39.


Bootknife #20 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 13:23

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 37048 battles
  • 347
  • [WDA] WDA
  • Member since:
    03-02-2012

View PostSaint_Metagross, on Jan 14 2018 - 03:09, said:

This poll I made was due to the fact that in my recent matches I have noticed a disturbingly high amount of premiums rounds being used, especially at higher tiered matches, and that was regardless of to what tank I was using at the moment, be it a squishy light, or heavily armored heavy.  In the past, this was not as bad, even after they made premiums rounds purchasable with silver.  But, in the past month, after I returned from being gone for a while, I've noticed that almost half the rounds I have been hit with, were premium rounds.  Previously, only roughly 25% of the rounds I was hit with were premium rounds.  I have noticed that more often than not, the team that spams more premium rounds, tend to win the match.  Because of this, I've realized that premium rounds help with stat padding, for you do not need as much skill to pen a target as someone that is using standard ammo, this has created an artificial bloat in many people's statistics because of the easy damage they gain from using premium rounds.  Myself am guilty of using premium rounds, though, I haven't used any since I have come back to the game.  And, I am just curious as to what other people think, and no, I do not think WG will do anything to change the situation.

 

Keep in mind school was out for the holidays.  I noticed a big increase in bad teams, team damage and trash talking.  Nothing worse than an 11 year old hiding behind a keyboard...




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users