A Poll on Premium Rounds (aka, gold rounds)

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Poll: Possible Premium Round Solutions (235 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should Premium Rounds be changed to make them more fair to the game and less prevalent at higher tiers of battle?

1. No, they are fine as they are. (124 votes [52.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.77%

2. Yes, they are to powerful and ruin the balance of the game. (111 votes [47.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.23%

If your answer to the previous question is Yes, please select an option from below on how to balance them.

1. Remove them altogether, force people to use standard rounds only with no changes to standard rounds. (18 votes [7.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.66%

2. Remove them, but buff standard shells to offset the heavier armored tanks that would prevail due to the removal of premium rounds. (17 votes [7.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.23%

3. Cut their damage by up to half at most, but keep their pen high. (48 votes [20.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.43%

4. Increase the price for a single round by at least one thousand times. (3 votes [1.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

5. Give every tank a maximium amont of premium rounds they can carry equal to 10% or 5% (depending on max ammo, the higher the maximum number of rounds the tank can carry, the smaller the percentage of premium rounds they can carry), otherwise, no changes.. (36 votes [15.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.32%

6. I have no real idea on how to fix them, just want them fixed to not be so prevalent. (4 votes [1.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.70%

7. Not applicable to me as I answered No to the first question. (108 votes [45.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.96%

8. Remove standard rounds, buff armor on all tanks (or most of them) to make up for the higher standard pen. (1 vote [0.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.43%

Vote Hide poll

_Gungrave_ #121 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 20:11

Major

• Players
  • 40574 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View Postwildcat18, on Jan 19 2018 - 20:03, said:

Can I ask a question about this whole thing without taking a side on gold rounds? Has gold rounds changed the play style or has the maps changed the play style and gold rounds are a product of map changes?

When I say map changes, I mean more corridor type maps, I know there are still open maps but has the game become more frontal to where you need gold rounds?

Its more so the MM changes that have influenced the amount of gold being used along with the introduction of more superheavies.

Saint_Metagross #122 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 20:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23234 battles
  • [TUVK] TUVK

View Postwildcat18, on Jan 19 2018 - 11:03, said:

Can I ask a question about this whole thing without taking a side on gold rounds? Has gold rounds changed the play style or has the maps changed the play style and gold rounds are a product of map changes?

When I say map changes, I mean more corridor type maps, I know there are still open maps but has the game become more frontal to where you need gold rounds?

I've been meaning to actually take a look at maps, because someone in another thread actually asked the same question basically, except, it was more along the lines of how many maps give the ability to flank vs not.  Otherwise, premium rounds have been around since the beginning, even in beta they existed if I remember right (which I might not, they might have come out after the game launched).  Though, it might be possible that maps, which, as far as I've been told, have more or less been funneling tanks, so, that might have some influence of premium round usage, cause, that would require people to actually face super heavies head to head.

"You "feel" punished for playing heavy tanks because of premium rounds, yet heavy armor seems to perform very well in this game and your highest win rate is in heavy tanks as well as being your most played tanks. So again, if premium ammo ruins game balance, what balance is being ruined and what balance is being achieved by reducing its effectiveness?"  The ironic thing is, my wn8 with heavy tanks is lower than my wn8 with TDs.  My wn8 with mediums though, is hideous.  Also, how are you determining my win rate in heavy tanks?  Overall or based on certain tanks that I actually have a fair number of battles in?  For, I have many heavy tanks I've only played a handful of games in, and because of the small number of battles I played, they tend to have a higher win rate than those I played a lot (can't make the same claim on the KV-220-2, I do have an excellent win rate with that tank, and I think 150 battles is fair enough for judging that).

For example, the T57 Heavy Tank, I have a 100% win rate on, but, only played two battles.  Would it be fair to include it as well?  I ask, because, 2 battles isn't really enough to show if I am capable in the tank or not, at least, not in my opinion.  So, what I should really be asking is, how many battles would be fair to judge how good a person is or not with that tank?

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Jan 19 2018 - 20:36.

wildcat18 #123 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 20:16

Captain

• Players
  • 15485 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 19 2018 - 14:11, said:

Its more so the MM changes that have influenced the amount of gold being used along with the introduction of more superheavies.

Try to help me out with this if you can ok? Back when it was a 4 tier spread I loved this game. It challenged you, flanking was relevant, tactics where somewhat used in pubs (i will give you room on that one). The game had plenty of players on line. Why, how or did that tier spread reduction, change this game?

Leave out players going over to planes and ships, you get the idea.

Edited by wildcat18, Jan 19 2018 - 20:18.

wildcat18 #124 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 20:27

Captain

• Players
  • 15485 battles
Here is a crazy thought....Back when it was a 4 tier spread, gold rounds where not a sure thing. Tier 6 tank shooting gold at tier 10 was not a sure thing, helped? yes, but not a sure thing. So you was not so eager to load one depending on the situation. But.....Now with the tier spread shortened up, pen with gold rounds become more of a sure thing so why not load them? Did the tier spread make the game more frontal? Did the tier spread increase gold round effectiveness? I am not trolling guys. I real like this game and don't want to see years of grinding go down the tubes.

Edited by wildcat18, Jan 19 2018 - 20:29.

_Gungrave_ #125 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 20:42

Major

• Players
  • 40574 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View Postwildcat18, on Jan 19 2018 - 20:16, said:

Try to help me out with this if you can ok? Back when it was a 4 tier spread I loved this game. It challenged you, flanking was relevant, tactics where somewhat used in pubs (i will give you room on that one). The game had plenty of players on line. Why, how or did that tier spread reduction, change this game?

Leave out players going over to planes and ships, you get the idea.

At what point did I mention tier spread?

These days when people talk about MM changes they're referring to the 2017 MM changes which forces people into more bottom tier games. I shouldn't even need to explain this because before 2017 it had been a long time since WG touched the MM.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Jan 19 2018 - 20:42.

wildcat18 #126 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 20:54

Captain

• Players
  • 15485 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 19 2018 - 14:42, said:

At what point did I mention tier spread?

These days when people talk about MM changes they're referring to the 2017 MM changes which forces people into more bottom tier games. I shouldn't even need to explain this because before 2017 it had been a long time since WG touched the MM.

I was assuming the tier spread, point taken. I made a post about this and will include the new MM (which i know nothing about)

MartysTank #127 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 23:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15761 battles
Some tanks cant pen weak spots even with gold with all the armor changes and mm changes. Seems wg lost there way.

Flarvin #128 Posted Jan 20 2018 - 00:05

Major

• Players
  • 50028 battles

View PostSaint_Metagross, on Jan 19 2018 - 02:59, said:

Than, I guess we can't really get a good feel for what each other thinks on this topic, so, lets get back on to the topic I actually did bring up with my thread and poll, and just agree to disagree about tanks performing well or not (though I never did actually say any tank was under performing).

Tank curve graphs producing the best available data to determine under/overperforming tanks is not an opinion, it’s a fact. 

So there is nothing to “just agree to disagree” about. 

My posts started with asking for proof. Then trying to explain way overall WR is not as good as tank curve graphs for determining under/overperforming tanks. Nothing there is an opinion. 

Flarvin #129 Posted Jan 20 2018 - 00:10

Major

• Players
  • 50028 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 19 2018 - 14:11, said:

Yes, the MM change should have reduced slightly the amount of prem rounds being fire. 

Given that you only face 3 top tiers max per match as bottom tier. Which the old MM’s max was 15, and with 5 top tiers average. 

_Gungrave_ #130 Posted Jan 20 2018 - 15:30

Major

• Players
  • 40574 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostFlarvin, on Jan 20 2018 - 00:10, said:

Yes, the MM change should have reduced slightly the amount of prem rounds being fire. 

Given that you only face 3 top tiers max per match as bottom tier. Which the old MM’s max was 15, and with 5 top tiers average. 

Playing against more higher tiers isn't the real issue as many enjoyed the challenge. Now with the old MM you weren't bottom tier 90% of the time which is the biggest fact you left out of your post.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Jan 20 2018 - 15:35.

Flarvin #131 Posted Jan 20 2018 - 21:19

Major

• Players
  • 50028 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 20 2018 - 09:30, said:

Playing against more higher tiers isn't the real issue as many enjoyed the challenge. Now with the old MM you weren't bottom tier 90% of the time which is the biggest fact you left out of your post.

Being bottom does not matter for using prem ammo, if you don’t have to face the top tier tanks. 

And given that there is only 3 top tier per match when bottom tier, means that even with more bottom tier matches, you still don’t face more top tier tanks. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users