personal missions help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Yephobochi #1 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 04:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10723 battles
  • [1SHOT] 1SHOT

I have been trying to complete this mission for a while now, it's the last one I need to complete in order to get the T-55A. I do not need to complete the secondary conditions.

I have found myself occasionally coming very close to completing the mission, missing out due to someone on my team getting slightly more experience than me, or being a hew hundred off 2500 stun damage. Most of the time however I do not get a lot of stun damage. It seems very difficult to be able to predict who my team will shoot at a lot of the time.

Considering that it's a very team reliant mission, what do you think I need to do in order to make this as easy as possible? Is there nothing I can do but keep having battles until I get lucky?

I have been using the G.W. Tiger (P), it's the highest tier artillery I have.

The_Wreckege #2 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 04:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16997 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
i suggest you either get a better artilery (M53) or platoon up with good people that will shoot the guys you stun.

amerikafka #3 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 06:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14305 battles
Know the map meta - where are there going to be more groups of enemies on the map? Where is the big heavy battle to take place? 
These are the places people fight for survival, no one is going to hold shots because a target is stunned. Select targets on the ground so that splash covers a group of enemies.

One final trick, watch to see when your friendlies are taking shots and synchronize your splash to hit just before they are reloaded - this is being proactive for stun damage.

nekojima #4 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 06:20

Captain

• Players
  • 39816 battles

A tier 8 arty is good (pref for M40/43), especially in a toon that will generally force you into higher tier battles. That way you have more hp to shoot at, the xp you earn is higher and it's not as difficult to get top xp or the stun damage.

_IronPig_ #5 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 06:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 108422 battles

1. load premium food consumable instead of fire ext. -- this will help your crew shoot faster, more accurately, and aim faster.

2. don't platoon with any other arty

3. when possible, don't shoot at a target until a few seconds after it goes dark.  This way, if you hit it, you get all the XP and don't have to share it with a spotter.

4. shoot premium HE for bigger splash radius

5. platoon with a good scout that you have voice comms with and coordinate spotting/shooting.

Yephobochi #6 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 06:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10723 battles
  • [1SHOT] 1SHOT

View PostThe_Wreckege, on Jan 15 2018 - 04:50, said:

i suggest you either get a better artilery (M53) or platoon up with good people that will shoot the guys you stun.

View Postamerikafka, on Jan 15 2018 - 06:17, said:

Know the map meta - where are there going to be more groups of enemies on the map? Where is the big heavy battle to take place? 
These are the places people fight for survival, no one is going to hold shots because a target is stunned. Select targets on the ground so that splash covers a group of enemies.

One final trick, watch to see when your friendlies are taking shots and synchronize your splash to hit just before they are reloaded - this is being proactive for stun damage.

View Postnekojima, on Jan 15 2018 - 06:20, said:

A tier 8 arty is good (pref for M40/43), especially in a toon that will generally force you into higher tier battles. That way you have more hp to shoot at, the xp you earn is higher and it's not as difficult to get top xp or the stun damage.

View Post_IronPig_, on Jan 15 2018 - 06:21, said:

1. load premium food consumable instead of fire ext. -- this will help your crew shoot faster, more accurately, and aim faster.

3. when possible, don't shoot at a target until a few seconds after it goes dark.  This way, if you hit it, you get all the XP and don't have to share it with a spotter.

5. platoon with a good scout that you have voice comms with and coordinate spotting/shooting.

This all sounds like very useful information, I will be sure to consider it.

Thank you very much.

Genada #7 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 13:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 52637 battles
  • [CH4OS] CH4OS

You can do it with the arty you have fine. Use the gun with the fastest reload time.

When you take shots try to take them when it will either stun/track them in the open or at the very least when your tanks are close enough to hit them while stunned.

murdockwan #8 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 13:48

Captain

• Players
  • 24819 battles
  • [CNCRD] CNCRD

View PostYephobochi, on Jan 15 2018 - 03:47, said:

I have been trying to complete this mission for a while now, it's the last one I need to complete in order to get the T-55A. I do not need to complete the secondary conditions.

I have found myself occasionally coming very close to completing the mission, missing out due to someone on my team getting slightly more experience than me, or being a hew hundred off 2500 stun damage. Most of the time however I do not get a lot of stun damage. It seems very difficult to be able to predict who my team will shoot at a lot of the time.

Considering that it's a very team reliant mission, what do you think I need to do in order to make this as easy as possible? Is there nothing I can do but keep having battles until I get lucky?

I have been using the G.W. Tiger (P), it's the highest tier artillery I have.

Higher rate of fire gun & consumable are particularly good ideas.

Happy to toon up to try and help - feel free to add me in game.

5tgb #9 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 20:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28410 battles

View Post_IronPig_, on Jan 14 2018 - 22:21, said:

THIS ^^^^ is by far the best advice (though, I don't think #2 is even possible any more).

Someone also mentioned using a different arty (the M53/M55 if I recall).  This is somewhat player dependent, but the point is that some arties are just 'better'.  And the M53/M55 is generally considered one of the best out there.

The platooning with a scout or medium will make things much easier.

scHnuuudle_bop #10 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 08:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 18211 battles
  • [MUG-T] MUG-T
most maps have corridors or routes, those brawl points where the teams usually meet up. Set up to support one of them, preferably where your teammate arties are not shooting. Blind shots where you know they are driving. Hopefully when they come into sight they are already stunned. WHen the teams start brawling, pick a group of enemies being shot at. Don't aim at them, between as many as possible. In some maps you can stun 4 of 5 at a time. Then wait til the points come in. Keep shooting at what the team is shooting at. Follow and move to keep up with them and to line up for the best shooting line at the enemies, If your team stops shooting, pick another flank. With several stunned in a group already being shot at, you will rack up stun points.

Also tagged with personal missions, help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users