xvm

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Gothraul #21 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 04:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 1951 battles

View Postshooting_Blanks9, on Jan 16 2018 - 02:54, said:

I am posting this merely to put a warning out to all players, however mostly pertaining to moderate to good and unicom players as these will be the ones impacted by this the most. It has come to my attention recently ( about six months of observation and graphing) that you should be aware of a more recent trend from wargamings algorithms.
please pay attention to your hit rates, and continue to observe them in long durations as I am gathering the notion that this may be a new ploy to knock back the better class of players (yet again), as I have been watching my hit rate drop almost an entire percent over the last six months and it is still continuing to drop ever so slowly, but steadily.
I am at the point of seeing my averages of 40-60% are continually plaguing me, I have even slowed down my shooting and waited for better shot placements with virtually little change in numbers I am noticing my spreads are going everywhere but where I am actually focused on, and the dispersion means absolutely nothing, like so many other numbers they post.
I was almost at a 65% rate and now getting driven down to under 64%. Although this is a clever scam, and who is really paying attention long term to their hit rates?
So please all of you start watching for this as I am certain a very small percentage of people are getting hit with this, However please be vigilant and spread the word, and let wargaming know if this is happening to you!!!!

Is this with mixed play or is it at mostly mid to long range? Personally I get very annoyed when I miss mid to long range shots more often than they should have hit given how I like to aim in the first place.

BillT #22 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 05:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25797 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View Post007Infinitemortal, on Jan 15 2018 - 04:27, said:

what is meta?

There's actually more than one meaning.  In some games it's literally an acronym for "Most Effective Tactic Available", and sometimes it's used that way here.  (E.g., when someone talks about a "heavy tank meta" he means the game is designed so heavies are the most effective tanks.)

In a broader sense, meta refers to the underlying philosophies the game is designed around.  The "corridor map meta" means that Wargaming designs most of the maps to funnel players into narrow corridors instead of letting them use the entire map.   Or, you could say WG designed it so the most effective tactic available is to fight in those corridors.  

And a lot of people extend "meta" further to indicate trends.  The "overpowered premium tank meta", the "superheavy tank meta", the "no weak spots meta", etc.  

gdbackus #23 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 16:56

Captain

• Players
  • 50812 battles
Gosh I miss CR/D.

SOB_Tenato #24 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 17:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19839 battles

View Post9435, on Jan 15 2018 - 07:27, said:

You get all those morons at top tier because of WG selling all those crap tier 8 premiums.  I blame WG for killing this game.  There is no way in hell would I give those stupid [edited]  money.

View PostGothraul, on Jan 15 2018 - 07:28, said:

Agreed but what is worse is that those same players are running around in botted tier 9s and 10s often in platoons.

This has nothing to do with OP premium tanks. The amount of clueless players (regardless their WR) at T9-T10 is caused by the rain of boosters WG keep giving away for easy to accomplish missions. If players would be forced to play longer on lower tiers because of the grind, they will have more time to learn and they would get to high tiers with some preparation instead of being noobs on uber tanks.

Markd73 #25 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 22:10

Major

• Players
  • 29094 battles

View Postleadtag101, on Jan 16 2018 - 15:08, said:

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

Ugh please keep politics (of any kind) out of the discussion.

Edited by HeadlockMvnky, Jan 16 2018 - 22:53.

earthman34 #26 Posted Jan 18 2018 - 18:03

Major

• Players
  • 43854 battles

The game needs a total rebalance, is what it boils down to. I can't think of another game I've ever played where it's possible to accomplish almost nothing at all, while losing money doing it.

They need to close up the gaps between tiers, give preference to +0 matchmaking, and fix the broken physics that let a small shed bring a 100 ton tank to a dead stop, and let 150mm shells bounce off an inch of armor.

Also tagged with xvm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users