9.22 Test Server Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

_Zero___ #1 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 20:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 44288 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Heavies: Obj 705A- very strong especially hull down/ decent gun/Reasonably balanced as it is good at sidescraping and good at hull down

Obj 705 - Decently strong/has a turret weak point/ upper front plate can be penned reliably with high pen rounds/ decent at sidescraping/ 440 alpha gun better than 490 alpha gun

IS-M - Decent tank all around. Good frontal armor on flat ground/ can go hull down/ good gun with solid pen/ good at sidescraping

Obj 257 - frontal decent armor with a few weakspots here and there depending on angle/ Side armor is OP as it is auto ricochet at even full broadside for half the armor/ gun and turret balance the side                                      armor

Mediums: Obj 430U - strong medium with good turret and upper front plate hull armor/ Gun is very solid/ balanced and a fun tank to play

Obj 430 - good armor/ good alpha/ Really could use premium pen buff

Tank Destroyers: Obj 268 V 4 - Decent armor/ good mobility/ good pen/ Needs better dispersion and DPM/ needs a more different alpha

Obj 263 - at tier 9 decent Td, not as good as it used to be but still very playable/ armor makes it great/ DPM low but the gun handling makes up for it/ good mobility

Su101 and Su101m1 - didn't play but are most likely still decent

Summary: Heavies and mediums are well armored and decent tanks all around

Obj 430 needs a pen buff

Tank destroyer line needs work!!!! 268 V 4 has a slower RoF than the 268 and it has 100 less alpha. Gun handling is weak and the DPM is very lack luster. The 263 was good at tier X as it had a                                                                               different    alpha and a very strong DPM with RoF that could perma track. The 268 V 4 feels like a 750 alpha gun that has very limited accuracy that low rolls every shot                                                                           and is nothing special.

Suggestions: Increase the prem pen of Obj 430 to 290 or 300

Increase the DPM of the 268 version 4 and make the gun more accurate and handle better. It is just too lack luster.

neoedu #2 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 20:44

Private

• Players
  • 12006 battles
  • [IMBRA] IMBRA

for what i saw, IS-M turned the KV4 even more irrelevant, since armor (one of the selling points of the KV4) is good even not angling.

still testing the rest

fred_632 #3 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 20:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6080 battles
I thought the Obj. 263 line changes would be bad, but surprisingly I love it. That Obj. 268v4 is just insane its fast, armor is really good and the gun can pack a punch. Shot the Maus and Type 5 with AP ammo no problems. I'm happy they kept the 263 alpha Damage at 550 but the pen is 270 now which sucks, but hey that's WG. As for the Obj. 257 its also really decent for a tier 9, I can see myself playing the Russian Heavies more now

Edited by fred_632, Jan 19 2018 - 20:56.

TboneOathKeeper #4 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 22:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22832 battles

Dear Fred and Wot,

Hope all is well and wish you all the Best of luck.  Now the good stuff.......9.22 Test is now up and running. First thing I noticed was that there were many bugs, tank stops when running at full speed, turrets turning when they shouldn't.  Some flashes of objects coming in and out.  Except for the waiting room , I was not kicked off which is great to see.  N.A. server has a big problem of getting kicked off just as the battle starts and sometimes it happens 3 to 4 times a game.  Once your kicked and then return to game , nothing works like chat , marking targets and stuff like that.  Now the Tanks , this is my quick impressions of each tank that I tried.

Russian Tier10 TD OBJ. 268 4 ......  ALL I have to say about this change is. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE Obj 263 from Tier10.  The new tank is fast and can get in your face quickly. But it's NO "YOLO WAGON"

Please world of tanks don't do this. Make this tank the tier9 and leave our Beloved Yolo Wagon alone. In my opinion this tank does have a place in that line. But not at Tier 10.

I found that unlike the obj.263 when you fire then turn. You are No longer unstoppable. I took rounds that the 263 would easily block.  Next is the in your face type of fighting. This

tank is not the monster the 263 is.

Russian Tier 10 HT OBJ. 705A......  Now this Tank will get some players talking.  I found it's like a IS-7 but with a rear mounted gun.  Nice Punchy gun even though numbers say it's not that good. I was able to hit

most everything that I shot at.  As far as the Armor.....WOW. Bring it on. Remember it's a rear mounted gun , but once you get the hang of it.  It does have a Great role to play.  I

Also noticed that shooting at these Tanks is a little bit of work.  Make sure you let it aim all the way in and don't rush your shots.  This tank is one Tank that I will own.

Russian Tier 10 MT OBJ. 430u...... This Tank was a very welcomed surprise. I own all the other Tier 10 Meds. and in my opinion this Tank will become my favorite.  First you will notice , when used correctly that

Tank will bounce way more then the other Med. Tanks.  The Gun is a different story , slow reload and the accuracy is ok. This is one tank you want to aim all the way in before

you shoot.  Something that I noticed shooting at this tank was the side Armor.  I was in the OBJ.268 4 Tank Destroyer and was maybe 20 meters away.  Shooting gold rounds

and would you believe it bounced.  I was on auto-aim and did have full side few and nothing.  That surprised me and then I started testing how far I could go with this Armor.

Trust me.....you will love this armor. Just don't try to DPM anyone and you will be ok.

Russian Tier 8 HT IS-M ........     Now this tank was surprisingly Bad.  Yes there is a place for a tank like this. Something like the American Chrysler GF , But without the speed or movement.  Face on , this Tank will

Block most shots.  But getting around the map is a "NITEMARE".  The gun was Punchy and the accuracy was ok.  Another tank you will want to aim in all the way.  Shooting on

the move was not the best.  I would say it's a face to face Tank and being so slow this tank will upset many players.  I may not own this tank as it is right now.

PLEASE REMEMBER.........all these tanks may be changed at anytime.  Remember the 'BADGER" , during the first test of the badger I fell in love with it and call it my new "YOLO WAGON".  Then test #2 came

along and I had a wide awaking.  Not to mention that I spent 1 million XP to buy that complete line so that I could get the 2 for 1 deal.  Now, the Badger sits in my garage and collects dust.  Not saying it's not a GREAT TD.  But its NO Yolo wagon by far.  If you guys played the badger during the first test you will know what I'm talking about.

I would like to say something to the guys and girls at World of Tanks.  Becoming a Public Tester has changed my life for the Better and I would like to thank you so much for allowing me to become a Tester.

I understand my win rate is low , But not many "Coaches" could play well either.  I was a Motorcycle Tester when I was young testing new products for dirtbikes and I find this type of testing SUPER FUN.

I do understand NO AMERICAN has a chance at becoming a "Super Tester".  But that is my goal.  I did have a DNA test done on myself and found out that there is some Russian in me and I'm ready to buy a House in Russia just so I can become a Super Tester.  Don't laugh.......DREAM BIG and keep fighting for your goals.  You will be surprised at what you can Accomplish.

Thank you and Best of Luck to all my fallow Tanker's

TBoneOathKeeper

_Islander_ #5 Posted Jan 20 2018 - 01:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26331 battles
  • [FUSON] FUSON

I agree with most of everything you pointed out, except the 263 and 268 v4. The 263 now feels sluggish at best, the DPM just sucks. It's a former shell of what it used to be. Yes now at t9, it will see t7s, so there has to be a balance. Instead just leave it at t10 and have the su-122-54 branch off into two options (like the t-54 does). 

The 268 v4 has the same mobility as the original 263, with a gun that is just not as good. It's ok, but it's just not the yolo wagon anymore.

Will_Not_Comply #6 Posted Jan 20 2018 - 01:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 21886 battles
  • [WLW] WLW

The replacement for the Object 263 is terrible. Every reason I bought the tank in the first place is now gone.

The gun handling is gone.

The reload time has increased.

It is more sluggish. 

There is no point in playing the Object 268 Version 4. It is actually worse than the Object 268. 

The Object 268 now has better alpha, pen, dispersion, and reload. Wargaming basically swapped the 263 for another 268. What is the point in this? 

DeadArashi #7 Posted Jan 20 2018 - 09:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles

I'm actually really conflicted about the TD line... and honestly, I don't think the Obj 263 should be part of it. It fits the current line of accurate sniper with high DPM but as a brawler it just doesn't work. And then there's the visuals, it's nothing like the other tanks. 

I could go on with my long [edited] suggestion that most people have probably seen by now, but... i won't. I'll keep it simple because honestly, after trying the tanks out I'm been swayed. But I love the Obj 263, hence this simplest of simple solutions 

If WG buffs the dispersion, DPM and hull traverse (which is horrible, my T95 turns faster then them) then then I don't see why the SU-100M1 and SU-101 changes can't be implemented or why the Obj 268 Ver 4 can't be added at tier 10. The Obj 263 just doesn't fit the line visually and there would be too much, the is too much, backlash over the change, it's ruining the tank... So offer it as a special tier 10. Buff the gun arc or other things to make it more comfortable but leave its mobility and gun alone. The benefit of this is that people will want to speed grind down to the Obj 263 to get it as a free tier 10 while it profits WG from people buying gold to convert free exp.

But this is pointless unless SU-100M1, SU-101 and Obj 268 4 have, as I said, a buff to accuracy and DPM. Hell, the SU-100M1 and 101 can also get a bit more armor, they just can't trade effectively to be brawlers; whereas if all the tanks in the line were well armored, mobile, with high DPM and good accuracy all the tanks would play similar to the Obj 263 currently does. 

You get a line that's more comfortable to play, more consistent and offers players a free tier 10 in the form of the 263 and a new tier 10 that doesn't suck. I would say that the Obj 268 could receive a damage buff from 750 to 850 to better differentiate the two tanks.

Edited by DeadArashi, Jan 20 2018 - 11:17.

_Zero___ #8 Posted Jan 20 2018 - 17:22

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 44288 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostDeadArashi, on Jan 20 2018 - 09:58, said:

I'm actually really conflicted about the TD line... and honestly, I don't think the Obj 263 should be part of it. It fits the current line of accurate sniper with high DPM but as a brawler it just doesn't work. And then there's the visuals, it's nothing like the other tanks. 

I could go on with my long [edited] suggestion that most people have probably seen by now, but... i won't. I'll keep it simple because honestly, after trying the tanks out I'm been swayed. But I love the Obj 263, hence this simplest of simple solutions 

If WG buffs the dispersion, DPM and hull traverse (which is horrible, my T95 turns faster then them) then then I don't see why the SU-100M1 and SU-101 changes can't be implemented or why the Obj 268 Ver 4 can't be added at tier 10. The Obj 263 just doesn't fit the line visually and there would be too much, the is too much, backlash over the change, it's ruining the tank... So offer it as a special tier 10. Buff the gun arc or other things to make it more comfortable but leave its mobility and gun alone. The benefit of this is that people will want to speed grind down to the Obj 263 to get it as a free tier 10 while it profits WG from people buying gold to convert free exp.

But this is pointless unless SU-100M1, SU-101 and Obj 268 4 have, as I said, a buff to accuracy and DPM. Hell, the SU-100M1 and 101 can also get a bit more armor, they just can't trade effectively to be brawlers; whereas if all the tanks in the line were well armored, mobile, with high DPM and good accuracy all the tanks would play similar to the Obj 263 currently does. 

You get a line that's more comfortable to play, more consistent and offers players a free tier 10 in the form of the 263 and a new tier 10 that doesn't suck. I would say that the Obj 268 could receive a damage buff from 750 to 850 to better differentiate the two tanks.

I really like these ideas. I am just astounded the the dpm is so bad on the 268 v4 in the current version of the CT.

Edited by _Zero_Synergy_, Jan 20 2018 - 17:24.

DeadArashi #9 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 02:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles

Oath. The worst part is they haven't understood the issue that made the Obj 263 "unpopular" to begin with. The Obj 268 V4 is fun, but it's destined to be unpopular for the same reason... the 3 tanks before it are bad. 

The other issue is that for a brawler it need armor and one of two things; high alpha or high dpm (unless you have a turret) as it stands, none of the four tanks have either. You can't trade effectively. And the joy of the Obj 263 was more then just its DPM, because of a combination of reliable frontal armor, great gun handling, high DPM and high mobility, the Obj 263 was a very multi-purpose machine. It could snipe targets well on open maps, hold down corridors or even push with the mediums.

The Obj 268 V4 can't do that, and neither can the Obj 263 on the test server. My idea there is to hopefully make it so that all 4 tanks in the line have that multi-role playstyle to make the tanks more comfortable and desirable.

As it currently is, I'll be keeping the Obj 268 V4 if it comes to the live server because it's fun, but I'll be selling my tier 9 Obj 263 because it's just [edited]. I also don't expect many players to want to go down the line either

Kollea_mkII #10 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 17:19

Private

• Players
  • 21762 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT
This is my ticket i send to WG. I feel this is a terrible patch TD line wise. I also feel pain for the 430 owners. Another unique tank taken from us. Wasn't even that old of a tank. After playing several hours of the recently released common test server session, I noticed some things that would have a negative impact on players. I have submitted tickets before regarding this topic, but now after playing the real deal, I need to voice my (and many others) opinion. Hopefully you will take what I have to say to the development team as many others share my thoughts.

First off I noticed that nearly every line in the soviet tech tree has received a second branch and new tier 10 tanks. This is awesome. Love having options open up with more potential replay value. It really gives out more content for players. However this same treatment was not given to one particular line. The TD line. In the past you have removed tanks for various reasons, but players were often gifted their late tier 10s as special tier 10 tanks that only players who owned them before the patch could have. When the 113 Chinese line was revised a second tier 10 was added to the game which was awesome, really makes people want to spend more hours in your game potentially buying gold to grind for this new tank. This also gave the players freedom of choice to choose which tank they would like to play. This was also done in your recent common test, but the Obj. 263 was moved to tier 9 and nerfed. A lot.

Obj. 263
- Okay... this was not a good experience by any means. Right of the starting line this tank felt super heavy and underpowered. The top speed was good as usual, but the overall mobility was pretty bad beyond that. I understand on paper the numbers changed very slightly, but in game it makes a huge difference. The gun was a pretty big disappointment being at a 13 second reload and it just did not seem to fit at all. Probably the worst revision was the concealment rating. Going from 38.52 to 14.14... What? This is worse than the FV4005 which gets spotted right out of the cap circle. 14.14 is among the worst camo stats for any tier 10 TD in your game. Very poor revisions in my opinion.

Obj. 268 V4
- To be honest this tank is not as bad as I expected it to be on paper a month ago. The top speed resembles the 263 and the armor literally feels no different from the original 263. In fact you only added 20mm on the sides. For a main argument of why this needed to be the replacement being armor, I think that was unnecessary. The 263 is a frontal fighting tank, we don't need side armor. If armor is your selling point, please buff the armor. The gun on the V4 is decent, but lacks slightly in accuracy. The reload? The worst part of this tank. 16 seconds is stupid long in game for only 650 average damage. Which tanks like the T110E3 average at 750 with similar rounds per minute. Plus, the V4 gets in roughly over 3 shots per minute compared to the 263s original 6.5. Wow. The FV4005 has just over 2 rounds per minute and can deal over 1600 damage easy per shot if weak spots are hit. Why wouldn't I play the FV with better camo and damage output over the V4? Good question. This is a good tank, but is it a replacement for the 263? No.

Tech tree
- The soviet tree is now very awkward. Players now go from open top at tier 4 with the SU85-B to closed top until tier 9 where they will play against high caliber SPGs and HE rounds in the 263, only to be brought back to closed top at tier 10. What? Why? This is almost as bad as your rear mount/front mount German TD line which makes no sense when preparing players for tier 10. Open top tanks need to play in concealment so SPGs cannot spot them, hence why the 263 had a high camo rating. Now you are going to nerf it so bad that SPGs will target that tank out in the open. You have now made your problem with this line worse. The 263 was never the problem. It was the tanks before it. Su100M1 and SU101. The V4 falls short when compared to the 263 in nearly every way and these changes are not really improving anything.

A better way to fix these issues would be to have consistency throughout your whole patch. Add a second line leading to the V4 or 263 or add the Obj. 263 as a reward tank for those who worked for it and use a different tier 9. The SU 122 54 would make more sense as the tier 9 leading to the V4 than the 263 would. If you choose to go through with this revision you guys are so fond of at least decrease reload times significantly. This patch really isn't wanted by the 263 owners. Give players a choice. The 263 is your most unique tank. Don't take that way from us. It doesn't deserve it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users