Automatic server selection

lag high ping annoying server selection

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

maruder007 #1 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 16:28

Private

• Players
  • 20189 battles
I come from a Latin American country and have always played in the NA server. I moved to Germany and I keep playing in NA because I don't want to lose the time and effort and money investment on my account, but now that there is a LatAm server I keep getting transferred into that server although my ping is more than twice my ping in the regular NA (which, from Germany, is already bad enough). I would be greteful if server selection would be automatized in such a way that you get to play in the server with the best ping for you, or that you select your preferred server and the client does not change it according to whatever criteria you are currently using.

Devildog8 #2 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 16:33

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [XILES] XILES
WOT will automatically put you in the less populated server by default most of the time, Id just click central server at the login screen to avoid being put on the wrong server time and time again, I takes less effort to just click a tab then to have to disconnect and do it anyways when you return to the login screen.

murdockwan #3 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 16:38

Captain

• Players
  • 25618 battles
  • [CNCRD] CNCRD

View Postmaruder007, on Jan 23 2018 - 15:28, said:

I come from a Latin American country and have always played in the NA server. I moved to Germany and I keep playing in NA because I don't want to lose the time and effort and money investment on my account, but now that there is a LatAm server I keep getting transferred into that server although my ping is more than twice my ping in the regular NA (which, from Germany, is already bad enough). I would be greteful if server selection would be automatized in such a way that you get to play in the server with the best ping for you, or that you select your preferred server and the client does not change it according to whatever criteria you are currently using.

Yes I agree this should be a feature of the vanilla client.

But it's not, today. So you can use a mod if you like to "fix" this behavior.

I use Aslain's modpack and it does offer "remember last connected server" option.

I am sure other mods offer same functionality.

So just get a mod if you don't like it

xXxDeadZombiexXx #4 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 17:04

Major

• Players
  • 41485 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
I just select US Central... pretty simple feature

murdockwan #5 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 18:26

Captain

• Players
  • 25618 battles
  • [CNCRD] CNCRD

View PostSir_Tomato_DroolsAlot, on Jan 23 2018 - 16:04, said:

I just select US Central... pretty simple feature

You need to fix it every time and sometimes it throws you randomly to the other (LATAM) server.

That is time consuming at best, error prone (getting into battle at the wrong server with much higher ping) at worst.

A mod fixes this forever as it 'locks' the chosen server and will not allow WG to change your server 'randomly'. However a mod does come with a con: you have to update it after every patch.

Chasm #6 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 03:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 6706 battles
  • [HOPE-] HOPE-
All this time, almost a year and they still haven't fixed this issue! Which is a pain in the rear! For crying out loud fix it so we can choose over your auto loading the least busy server! That's treating us badly to resolve your own problems. Some of us get sent to laggy servers so you make it easier on yourselves on how to manage the small crowd on the server! Very lame indeed!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users