New Map Prototype "Studzianki"

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Awestryker #21 Posted Jan 24 2018 - 22:47

Major

• Players
  • 25208 battles

I am all for any new maps...

Please DO NOT take out anymore maps without putting new ones in.

And I wish you guys would put the removed ones back in for some more variety. I know they were removed for imbalance, but the imbalances were not that bad and RNG evens that out over time...

No maps should be removed without being replaced...

Jaspo #22 Posted Jan 25 2018 - 01:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28084 battles

Looks like a painfully long detour for the heavies, and vulnerable to arty the whole time...like Malinovka, but at least without having to climb uphill to die.

Wish there was a way to design maps to force players to not just meet in the middle all the time.

grego34 #23 Posted Jan 25 2018 - 15:22

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24055 battles
its better than the map with the battleship which looked like it was made in there sleep.

godofdun #24 Posted Jan 25 2018 - 17:06

Major

• Players
  • 14471 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
Reminds me of fisherman's bay with the road/buildings in the middle.  Hopefully there's more useful positions in this one when it's finished than fisherman's bay.

Omega_Weapon #25 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 02:20

Major

• Players
  • 47942 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Sounds great! For tank warfare its nice to get more open maps compared to the limited corridor maps we now have in abundance. Hopefully the new trend is more maps like this. 

AZandEL #26 Posted Jan 27 2018 - 05:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27339 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Jan 24 2018 - 01:54, said:

Hey Tankers,

Meet a new map concept with a distinct European flavor, codenamed “Studzianki”. It’s large (1000x1000 m), it has lots of open space, and it’s based on real-world topography (with some modifications for the sake of enjoyable gameplay):

The Studzianki [stoo’junkee] map owes its name to a small village in Poland. Its surroundings saw lots of action in August 1944, when the combined forces of 1st Armored Brigade of Polish First Army and Soviet 4th Guards Corps managed to stop a counteroffensive by Wehrmacht. About 30 German panzers were destroyed in the Studzianki battle, and the bridgehead on the Western bank of Vistula river was firmly secured. To commemorate the large scale engagement, in 1969 the name of the village was changed to Studzianki Pancerne (“Studzianki Armored”;).

We intend to make Studzianki a large and open map, yet full of opportunities for spotting- and camo-based play. There will be plenty of positions for sniping, and a number of spots where slow vehicles will feel comfortable.

Spawn points are located in the opposing corners of the map: in the Southwest and Northeast. This allows for a long (over 1.4 km) diagonal frontline. We expect most of the action to take place in several key points along it.

• Brickyard. The main zone for heavies’ clashes, isolated from most of the map. Capture it to get onto a relatively safe route to the enemy base by the ravine.
  • Ravine. Besides being a shortcut from the brickyard to your adversaries’ base, it is crucial for establishing full control over the central field.
  • The other bank of the river (Point 3). A place of interest for medium and light tanks. Take it, and you’ll to able to assist your heavies at the brickyard.
  • Village. Sits on the frontline, splitting it in two parts. Has lots of shrubbery between its non-destructible houses.
  • Eastern hills. An area for fast vehicles and swift maneuvers. Similar to the dunes on the Sand River map in terms of gameplay.
  • Forest. A pathway for speedy heroes who like to take a detour. Backstabbers in light and medium tanks will feel at home here.

As always, this map is obviously a work in progress and subject to change depending on how testing goes.

See you on the battlefield!

Any new map is welcomed - keep them coming!

AZandEL #27 Posted Jan 27 2018 - 05:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27339 battles

View PostJaspo, on Jan 25 2018 - 00:45, said:

Looks like a painfully long detour for the heavies, and vulnerable to arty the whole time...like Malinovka, but at least without having to climb uphill to die.

Wish there was a way to design maps to force players to not just meet in the middle all the time.

On the plus side we have a new map to figure out.

madgiecool #28 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 07:04

Major

• Players
  • 50403 battles
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB

Well, look at the last map that was added 'Paris'.

IMHO hard (not impossible) to have a GG on this IF you are playing TD's, Lights and arty.

Map before this was 'Stalingrad'.

IMHO hard (not impossible) to have a GG on this IF you are playing TD's, Lights and arty.

TY WG for the new map.  Currently you are addressing several things in game that don't make sense.  Like the 263 gameplay not fittng in like the previous tier.... same as the 183 etc etc.

Can you address this then:

Why is it we have:

31 Summer Maps

07 Winter Maps

03 Desert maps

Yet the Desert cam I buy will only be effective for 3/41 (7%) maps yet it has the same cost as the summer cam

The winter cam I buy is only effective for 7/41 (17%) maps yet it also has the same cost as the summer cam

Summer is 31/41 (76%)

Shouldn't this imbalance between maps and cam be addressed?

How about re-skinning the winter and desert maps to be summer?

I like this idea.  Players who want to have cam'd vehs can save 67% of gold spending if/when getting cams.

NutrientibusMeaGallus #29 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 18:56

Major

• Players
  • 20298 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View Postmadgiecool, on Jan 29 2018 - 01:04, said:

Shouldn't this imbalance between maps and cam be addressed?

How about re-skinning the winter and desert maps to be summer?

I like this idea.  Players who want to have cam'd vehs can save 67% of gold spending if/when getting cams.

They did reskin maps for all seasons a while back if I remember right. No idea why they stopped doing it except people didn't consider each season a unique map, or a new and exciting map...

Manimal__ #30 Posted Jan 30 2018 - 04:48

Major

• Players
  • 38705 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Jan 23 2018 - 17:54, said:

Hey Tankers,

Meet a new map concept with a distinct European flavor, codenamed “Studzianki”. It’s large (1000x1000 m), it has lots of open space, and it’s based on real-world topography (with some modifications for the sake of enjoyable gameplay):

The Studzianki [stoo’junkee] map owes its name to a small village in Poland. Its surroundings saw lots of action in August 1944,

I love it! And just like in 1944, Poland had 1 tank... just like the video!:D

Mondochiwan #31 Posted Feb 01 2018 - 16:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11745 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM

New maps are always welcome Cabbage and this one looks like fun.

By the way, when is the EU server transfer for people who live outside of NA geographically coming? It's been 5 months since it was promised to us by WG reps. Seems a bit excessive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users