Clans

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Dragon1972 #1 Posted Jan 25 2018 - 23:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 19105 battles
  • [DBDM] DBDM

So i have been playing WOT since 2011 ,  I have run my own clan Marauders back before xvm was a thing lol . i have been every kind of officer in many different types of clans (none of witch lived up to my expectations) . i get along with others for the most part i am a team player and i am always willing to teach and learn . the biggest problem for me is the lack of organized leadership , i understand that this is just a game to 50% of the players in this game , they are here to play tanks and have fun , i on the other hand still want to have fun but need to be in a clan that has its ducks in a row , that is able to provide training and other activity's such as strongholds advancements and clan wars , even platooning , just getting together with who ever is online and using ts is what i call hodge podge , and well i have to say that if i want to get better at this game in a team game , well you have to be part of a team to do that right ? lol i have seen some fancy ts setups and web sights from some of the clan i have looked into and man on the cover it looks like they might be the clan for me , and then i see they got 99 members and i think ok well this clan has to be active with that many members right lol guess again its the same as before they have 99 members but only 6 to 12 of there members are active lol and its not the same people all the time it changes nightly . ohh and lets not forget about the other 12 members on line but not in ts doing any thing with the clan lol , 

i know thats a lot of text walling up there and i am not an english mager so my spelling is bad and my wall of text is hard to read , but i hope to make a point that as long as the better clans meaning , any clan in the top 35 clans of this game keep the rest of us out , then what chance do the rest of us regular players have , i dont belive that i have toped out as far as good as i can be yet , but because of the lack of better clans willing to take in a low stat player i am having to struggle to get better , 

before i get told about WOTuni (been there done that) and other so called training clans , they all have poor teaching classes on basic skill's such as side scrapping view range and focus fire and lets not forget sharing damage lol , have you ever been in a pub match that any of your team does any of those things lol of course you have and guess what your team won lol , but for some reason WOT says that the MM is fair and works like it should , well i got news for them , it sucks . if the MM would use xvm and form teams based off of pr ratings we would not see so many one sided teams , lol but thats never going to be the case just like finding a good clan with players that can teach players with lower stats to get better , 

i realy do love this game and want to be better at it , but as it stands now i am just banging my head on my keyboard saying to my self why do i keep on trying , well its the love of the game of course ,but that dont change the comunity that is well , all seporated by stats , and the sad part is i have herd that even some of the upper clans have problems with being out of sink , not realy working together for the betterment of there clan , so the problem that i have is how do i change this , how do i go about getting into a clan or starting my own clan agin , if its the same old story that players want be in a good clan but dont want to have to do the work it takes to make the clan better , this also applies to the comunity as well we all get tierd of being called names in chat we all get tierd of being rolled by the one sided MM lol .

so why is it so hard to find this happy place that i can learn from or teach in , why is so hard to find a clan that is active , and why is it that we have well over 1000 different clans to chose from and all of them say this and that and realy are just what i call a social clan for players with lower stats , in order to be a competive clan you have to have a solid team of players that play this game together all the time and have back up players that know the tactics of the team just in case real life happens lol , you have to have good leadership that can form these teams and make sure they are doing ever thing they can to make the team better , this is not that hard , but in this i am at a loss as to why we have 50 different clans with 6 active members in them that refuse to join forces and putt together solid teams of active players lol . 

there are clans in this game that realy want to be the best they can , but dont have the man power to pull it off , there are clans in this game that just want to play and have fun , but man when they lose OMG the rage starts in and people leave lol , if there was not so many different clans out there and players was limited to joining one type or the other would not that help with the lack of competive clans for players looking to get better and would that not also help with the players that just want to have fun and be social ? 

i know this all sounds like a rant , and well some of it is just pure frastation , with the current setting that is WOT game and its comunity . can some body please draw a line and say ok this is for social and this is for competive , is that realy so hard to do , ohh and for those that are wanting to be competive please figure out a way to make it that you dont already have to be great at the game , find some teachers that are willing to figure out how to teach an old dog new tricks , some of us still have fight in us and just want to be the best right along side those that are just good at the game on their own . 

thank those that have taken the time to read this and realy put some thought into your reply , and for those that dont have any thing relavent to say well as per normal there is your cumminity [edited]hats for you lol . just remember that some day as you are being mean to others in this world carma will come back around .

Ethereal_Slim_Shady #2 Posted Jan 25 2018 - 23:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

Why is it so hard? Because right now you don't have the mindset of a player ready to improve. There isn't a single player in WOT that got better by starting with "mm sucks". 

There's hope though, you can still learn. Find a good player that's willing to teach, and play with them. Do use TS. You'll improve, and your clan options will increase. 

Edited by Ethereal_Slim_Shady, Jan 25 2018 - 23:29.

Zanarkand_C #3 Posted Jan 25 2018 - 23:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26308 battles
Who actually got time to read that. :amazed:

F_Type #4 Posted Jan 25 2018 - 23:32

Captain

• Players
  • 17695 battles
mm sucks

__WarChild__ #5 Posted Jan 25 2018 - 23:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 17582 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

MM sucks

Remove Arty

I have a doctor's note that says I can't be shot with premium ammo...

I didn't read the OP's post when I saw the wall of words, but I assume I just summed up it's theme in one of these 3.  :girl:

DirkProbert #6 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 00:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 17311 battles
At least you broke it into paragraphs

Slim_Shadee #7 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 00:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6356 battles

View PostF_Type, on Jan 25 2018 - 22:32, said:

mm sucks

MM has zero to do with the root of the lopsided wins or losses. Again for the idiots that have zero comprehension of the fact early deaths and the resulting imbalance in match caused by having to overcome less HP and less DPM to win creates a snowball that's hard to stop.

Edited by Slim_Shadee, Jan 26 2018 - 00:08.

Dionysus_Zagreus #8 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 00:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40679 battles

Yeah I hear ya, but maybe you expect too much?

I hate, hate , hate having to train nightly for 2 hours, during prime time.  I hate sitting in que for an hour or 2 BEFORE CW's begin.  <  what a waste of time, I got tanks to get xp on and credits to make.

Yes, training rooms are good; of course they are.  Maybe a couple of time a week.  15-20 min will do.  Sometimes I don't want to chit-chat, or maybe my game is running and I'll play a game or 2 when I'm doing house chores......  I'm not gonna be on TS for that.  Some clan rules are out there..... many think this is actually a real life, military operation.  Honestly folks, it's a video game.  Most of us play it to unwind and have some fun, not to adhere to some make-believe social structure in TS, just to play pixel tanks, then get bitched at if I don't follow some type of code.

Yes, CW, detachments, etc., are fun and a great learning experience especially from some great callers.  But sorry, I'm not gonna ask permission to speak on the GD internet, then get booted when I don't..... lol

Dionysus_Zagreus #9 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 00:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40679 battles

View PostSlim_Shadee, on Jan 25 2018 - 19:08, said:

MM has zero to do with the root of the lopsided wins or losses. Again for the idiots that have zero comprehension of the fact early deaths and the resulting imbalance in match caused by having to overcome less HP and less DPM to win creates a snowball that's hard to stop.

Yes, it sure does because early deaths are from less skilled / new players that's aren't sure what to do, and one team ALWAYS seem to have many more of these players.

Edited by Dionysus_Zagreus, Jan 26 2018 - 00:12.

HI_FIVE #10 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 00:17

Major

• Players
  • 44004 battles

View PostZanarkand_C, on Jan 25 2018 - 18:29, said:

Who actually got time to read that. :amazed:

If i had the time.I wouldnt read it anyway.

Nick_GoVols #11 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 00:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27260 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
This should help you OP, http://bfy.tw/GFbL

Dragon1972 #12 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 00:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 19105 battles
  • [DBDM] DBDM

View PostDionysus_Zagreus, on Jan 25 2018 - 23:10, said:

Yeah I hear ya, but maybe you expect too much?

I hate, hate , hate having to train nightly for 2 hours, during prime time.  I hate sitting in que for an hour or 2 BEFORE CW's begin.  <  what a waste of time, I got tanks to get xp on and credits to make.

Yes, training rooms are good; of course they are.  Maybe a couple of time a week.  15-20 min will do.  Sometimes I don't want to chit-chat, or maybe my game is running and I'll play a game or 2 when I'm doing house chores......  I'm not gonna be on TS for that.  Some clan rules are out there..... many think this is actually a real life, military operation.  Honestly folks, it's a video game.  Most of us play it to unwind and have some fun, not to adhere to some make-believe social structure in TS, just to play pixel tanks, then get bitched at if I don't follow some type of code.

Yes, CW, detachments, etc., are fun and a great learning experience especially from some great callers.  But sorry, I'm not gonna ask permission to speak on the GD internet, then get booted when I don't..... lol

you know this makes you part of the social side of world of tank players right lol 

Dragon1972 #13 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 00:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 19105 battles
  • [DBDM] DBDM

View PostHI_FIVE, on Jan 25 2018 - 23:17, said:

If i had the time.I wouldnt read it anyway.

and you this make you part of the i dont care what effect i have on others people right ?

Dragon1972 #14 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 00:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 19105 battles
  • [DBDM] DBDM
yes i know it was a wall of text as i said , but  if all you got from it was MM sucks then please take some time and read more of what i was trying to say ok thanks 

Dragon1972 #15 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 00:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 19105 battles
  • [DBDM] DBDM

View PostDirkProbert, on Jan 25 2018 - 23:07, said:

At least you broke it into paragraphs

i did the best i could , sorry for the wall of text and miss spelling , but if thats all you can see than you are part of the problem , start helping your fellow gamers and stop being more of the problem.

Dragon1972 #16 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 00:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 19105 battles
  • [DBDM] DBDM

View PostNick_GoVols, on Jan 25 2018 - 23:18, said:

This should help you OP, http://bfy.tw/GFbL

ok so from a top 10 clan all i get is this lol as i said to others that have replied to this post you are not helping , and you are being part of the problem .

Nick_GoVols #17 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 00:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27260 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostDragon1972, on Jan 25 2018 - 17:28, said:

ok so from a top 10 clan all i get is this lol as i said to others that have replied to this post you are not helping , and you are being part of the problem .

It seems to me that your just upset because you can't join a top 20 clan. When something happens, don't have the attitude of "Well, my team sucked and I done everything I could." Get out of that mentality and start thinking what you could have done better. There is always something you could have done better.

If you are really looking to get better, actually learn the game mechanics (not just a side-scraping video). Learn how the camo system works (learn how to double bush). Also, watch QuickyBaby, Zeven, or even Skill4ltu. Personally, I learned more from watching Zeven, but he can be a bit boring.

HI_FIVE #18 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 01:09

Major

• Players
  • 44004 battles

View PostDragon1972, on Jan 25 2018 - 19:22, said:

and you this make you part of the i dont care what effect i have on others people right ?

The part i like the best is the first 3 words in your topic.

Ethereal_Slim_Shady #19 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 01:11

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

View PostDragon1972, on Jan 26 2018 - 00:23, said:

yes i know it was a wall of text as i said , but  if all you got from it was MM sucks then please take some time and read more of what i was trying to say ok thanks 

I read what you were saying. I would offer to play with you and help you improve but like I said, you don't seem to have the mindset of someone who's going to get better. Your entire post is making excuses. 

You aren't improving because good clans won't take you and train you. 

Matchmaker sucks. 

Not once in your post did you say "I'm not playing at the level I would like to, can someone help me improve?" and that's the first step. 

Dragon1972 #20 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 02:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 19105 battles
  • [DBDM] DBDM

i on the other hand still want to have fun but need to be in a clan that has its ducks in a row , that is able to provide training and other activity's such as strongholds advancements and clan wars , even platooning ,        

i realy do love this game and want to be better at it , but as it stands now i am just banging my head on my keyboard saying to my self why do i keep on trying , well its the love of the game of course , 

if thats not asking for help so that i can have more fun playing this game becuse i am improving and able to help my team i am not sure what else to say .    i am alwys open to training and learning from better players than my self . 

Edited by Dragon1972, Jan 26 2018 - 02:14.

Also tagged with Clans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users