Clans

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

MOMOLAND_Nancy #21 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 02:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4462 battles

View PostNick_GoVols, on Jan 26 2018 - 00:52, said:

It seems to me that your just upset because you can't join a top 20 clan. When something happens, don't have the attitude of "Well, my team sucked and I done everything I could." Get out of that mentality and start thinking what you could have done better. There is always something you could have done better.

If you are really looking to get better, actually learn the game mechanics (not just a side-scraping video). Learn how the camo system works (learn how to double bush). Also, watch QuickyBaby, Zeven, or even Skill4ltu. Personally, I learned more from watching Zeven, but he can be a bit boring.

you clearly suck stop burdening the teams

dominator_98 #22 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 02:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 19968 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostDragon1972, on Jan 25 2018 - 16:23, said:

lets not forget sharing damage lol ,

Get this idea out of your head right now. Why would you share damage with a random teammate? This game is centered around you PERSONALLY doing as much damage as you can without taking any in return.

lol but thats never going to be the case just like finding a good clan with players that can teach players with lower stats to get better , 

I got better by spending a lot of time platooning with really good players, and just watching the positions they used. Putting 500 points on my recent wn8 had nothing to do with any sort of clan training, I just watched and learned from good players.

i realy do love this game and want to be better at it , but as it stands now i am just banging my head on my keyboard saying to my self why do i keep on trying , well its the love of the game of course ,b

After 18,000 battles you aren't going to learn anything that can be taught in a training room. You need to see good players in action. Anfield and LemmingRush have some good example videos up on YouTube as well, if you want specific gems, PM me for links. 

, but in this i am at a loss as to why we have 50 different clans with 6 active members in them that refuse to join forces and putt together solid teams of active players lol . 

As someone who has both done clan recruitment and been in a big active clan, allow me to explain. The clans with six active members are social players that want to play with their friends. In a clan with 50 members online every night, you never really get to know anybody or make many friends. You're just another name filling a detachment slot. 

there are clans in this game that realy want to be the best they can , but dont have the man power to pull it off , there are clans in this game that just want to play and have fun , but man when they lose OMG the rage starts in and people leave lol , if there was not so many different clans out there and players was limited to joining one type or the other would not that help with the lack of competive clans for players looking to get better and would that not also help with the players that just want to have fun and be social ?

You can be social and just occasionally meme around in detachments. You can be competitive without taking everything super-seriously. Most people want a mixture of competitive AND social. Do some research into the next clan you join and don't be afraid to bounce after a couple weeks if you don't like what you see.  

some of us still have fight in us and just want to be the best right along side those that are just good at the game on their own . 

The first step is to accept that the reason you do poorly is 100% your fault. Good players don't get better MM, RNG, or tanks than you do. They take good positions, and know when to leave them. The best of them play with 100% of their brain 100% of the time and try hard every game. YOU are the only thing stopping yourself from improving. It sure as heck ain't anything to do with clans.

On another note:

There isn't really a good way to say this without it sounding like an insult to lower-skill players, but that's not my intent. 

You can't really be a competitive clan if you don't have high-stat players. Players with good stats have those stats because they understand the game mechanics, map positioning, and other key aspects better than players with bad stats. That means that 9 times out of 10 the higher skilled team comes out on top. It's no fun to try to be competitive and take winning seriously when your clan loses all the time because your players are all below average.

You'll never see a mix of skilled and unskilled players in a clan because the best players get fed up with losing because a teammate screwed up, so they move on to a better clan. Even in a clan of 51-55%ers, the 55%ers tend to keep moving up into a clan that ranges from 55-60% because they want to keep getting better.

_C00KIE #23 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 02:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23456 battles

@OP - it seems your basic complaint is "Why aren't more good players in bad clans so they can help bad players become good?"

I know this is a politically incorrect answer - the vast, vast, vast, majority of people don't actually want to improve their situation. At all. Oh sure, they [edited]& moan & endlessly complain. But deep down inside they know that change requires force, and force requires energy, and energy requires work. [edited]on the other hand requires almost zero work. So they [edited]. They tell you how the system screwed them, how the system choose the winners, and how ultimately it's not  their fault. Whether it's "privilege" or MM, its all the same.

The truth is, no decent mentor would touch you with a 1000 ft pole. Everything you said is a 50,000 megawatt amplifier saying "I don't want to improve, I just want to [edited]."

You want to get better? Drop the "MM sucks / my team sucks" BS. Right. Now. Replace it with "what could I have done differently in that situation to improve the outcome?". THEN you'll get people who can help to give a damn.

PS - Apparently female dogs are no-no's here.

Edited by _C00KIE, Jan 26 2018 - 02:34.

Synister007 #24 Posted Feb 26 2018 - 07:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 35048 battles
  • [B_I_G] B_I_G

EgoSpartan #25 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 08:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 24755 battles
  • [RS] RS

That is one huge wall of text.  

But it’s always easy to say it’s the game not me, it’s the team not me.  In life the same way!!  But in life it is almost always you that is holding you back.  Learning and getting bette is hard and painful, it’s why so few people do it.  It only took me 32,000 games to figure it out and I is smart.  :)

EgoSpartan #26 Posted Mar 14 2018 - 08:59

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 24755 battles
  • [RS] RS

View Post_C00KIE, on Jan 25 2018 - 17:33, said:

@OP - it seems your basic complaint is "Why aren't more good players in bad clans so they can help bad players become good?"

I know this is a politically incorrect answer - the vast, vast, vast, majority of people don't actually want to improve their situation. At all. Oh sure, they [edited]& moan & endlessly complain. But deep down inside they know that change requires force, and force requires energy, and energy requires work. [edited]on the other hand requires almost zero work. So they [edited]. They tell you how the system screwed them, how the system choose the winners, and how ultimately it's not  their fault. Whether it's "privilege" or MM, its all the same.

The truth is, no decent mentor would touch you with a 1000 ft pole. Everything you said is a 50,000 megawatt amplifier saying "I don't want to improve, I just want to [edited]."

You want to get better? Drop the "MM sucks / my team sucks" BS. Right. Now. Replace it with "what could I have done differently in that situation to improve the outcome?". THEN you'll get people who can help to give a damn.

PS - Apparently female dogs are no-no's here.

What he said!,

Dragon1972 #27 Posted Mar 17 2018 - 06:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 19137 battles
  • [DBDM] DBDM
well this has been very helpful , with all of your advice thanks so much . i sure hope i can learn to be a better tanker so i can do my part for the teams i am put on in pubs .  i for one have learned my lesson as far as writing about my problems on the forms lol , but agin thanks for all your great advice on how to become a poductive member of these forms .  i just wish i knew how to delete this post now so i could go on to better things .

EgoSpartan #28 Posted Mar 19 2018 - 16:59

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 24755 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostDirkProbert, on Jan 25 2018 - 15:07, said:

At least you broke it into paragraphs

True and he managed to find the shift key one time.  My grammar and diction (the choice and use of words and phrases in speech or writing.) used to be bad, and I blamed MM.  But then one day I woke up and said hey it's not MM it's ME!!!

EgoSpartan #29 Posted Mar 19 2018 - 17:01

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 24755 battles
  • [RS] RS

View PostDragon1972, on Mar 16 2018 - 21:29, said:

well this has been very helpful , with all of your advice thanks so much . i sure hope i can learn to be a better tanker so i can do my part for the teams i am put on in pubs .  i for one have learned my lesson as far as writing about my problems on the forms lol , but agin thanks for all your great advice on how to become a poductive member of these forms .  i just wish i knew how to delete this post now so i could go on to better things .

Treat it like a lot of player treat there bad game play and ignore it and blame others :)

Tahllol #30 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 13:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10823 battles

View PostSlim_Shadee, on Jan 26 2018 - 00:08, said:

MM has zero to do with the root of the lopsided wins or losses. Again for the idiots that have zero comprehension of the fact early deaths and the resulting imbalance in match caused by having to overcome less HP and less DPM to win creates a snowball that's hard to stop.

Actually MM is the ROOT and PRIMARY reason with refusal to balance tanks a close second for the lopsided losses. When you have 1 team stacked with greens and up and the other a couple of yellow, maybe 1 green+, and a bunch of red or basically red idiots it will ALMSOT ALWAYS be lopsided.

Thernadad #31 Posted Mar 25 2018 - 08:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11242 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostZanarkand_C, on Jan 25 2018 - 23:29, said:

Who actually got time to read that. :amazed:

thats good  Iaughed out loud

shmal11 #32 Posted Jun 01 2018 - 05:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 23534 battles