• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Blackhorse_One_ #41 Posted Jan 27 2018 - 19:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4952 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostDeputy276, on Jan 27 2018 - 10:42, said:

As soon as I read it I immediately thought of the Merkava in AW. I guess imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery. But I guess original thought has disappeared from WG.

Adding to that ...

WG's treatment of auto-loaders was way off-base to begin with.

The performance of in-game autoloaders has little to do with how they actually function on real world battlefields, where conditions and variables far exceed those of test ranges.

In particular, Clipping is a WOT-engendered fallacy which cannot happen in the real world - the machinery just doesn't move that fast on large-bore guns.

If Autoloaders worked in WOT the way they do in the real world, no one would want them. When the machinery totally replaces that human loader, the loss of that crewman increases the workload on the rest of the crew. As an example, and accepting that in-game track-repair is BS to begin with, Autoloaded tanks should have an extended Repair time automatically applied when the vehicle's original crew complement is 3 or fewer - and that's true for any vehicle.

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Jan 29 2018 - 01:49.

Daigensui #42 Posted Jan 27 2018 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 29085 battles
  • [KANCO] KANCO

View PostDeputy276, on Jan 27 2018 - 10:10, said:

So they never brought it out. Still makes them a  copycat. Just because you have a good idea but sit on your butt and do nothing about it, doesn't mean you get the credit for it. First out gets the credit.

Sure, like Apple. Both are degenerate scalpers, and it shows.

SGarv #43 Posted Jan 27 2018 - 20:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38065 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
Something new and fresh. I like it.

Snohoe #44 Posted Jan 27 2018 - 20:22

Captain

• Players
  • 16992 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED
Will the Italian tree follow the same team killing rules as everyone else or will it be historically accurate?

Anublister #45 Posted Jan 27 2018 - 21:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 64289 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

Focusing on the tank class like this thread is supposed to be about (not whining about other WoT pet issues you can create in your own thread), I like the concept. It's fresh and innovative. A new shooting mode to mix things up. If you don't like it don't play the tanks. I am amazed at all the ill conceived comments here. The spice that makes WoT interesting to play is the variety of tanks. The game succeeds by trying to balance that variety.

I welcome the addition and applaud WG for continuing to add variety to a game that in most other genres would have run it's course.  

Edited by Anublister, Jan 27 2018 - 22:40.

mworthy #46 Posted Jan 27 2018 - 22:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10490 battles
  • [941ST] 941ST

Idc much for the auto loading system I'm gonna have to use it to see if I'll like it but 

Bella ciao 

docroberts #47 Posted Jan 27 2018 - 23:03

Captain

• Players
  • 19067 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View PostDaigensui, on Jan 27 2018 - 02:33, said:

Why is it that it is always the bad players whining about such trivial things.

LoL why is it certain players always assume someone isnt a good player whining about how they are without ever playing with them . If your looking at stats since the last few months and team play has declined my stats have dropped like a rock . But you know it all so keep up the good work .. And keep on whining and calling other ppl bad , especially with a attitude like that .. I want my tank I researched and paid good money to get there and just to have it taken away while the replacement isnt with to much and not being able to use it to its potential . I dont know over the years you must really love to get cheated out of time , preem time , gold , garage slots , tanks , XP , and crew experience . So in the end it does become trivial . You better go back to school and learn some manners kid . 

Edited by docroberts, Jan 27 2018 - 23:05.

TeaTimeWithKongou #48 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 00:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8450 battles

View PostCmdr_Adama_BSG75, on Jan 26 2018 - 18:32, said:

Not another damn autoloader. If you are gonna do this silly stuff, then buff the damn Tiger 1. The most feared tank of WW2 and its gotta face tanks made 10-15 years later. STUPID. How a Tiger 1 and a T-29 end up on the same battlefield is beyond wishful thinking, its a fantasy. And to put it up against tier IX heavies is a freaking JOKE. You guys spend all this time and effort on making historically accurate looking tanks, then place them against tanks that weren't even dreamed of at the time they were made. I started playing this game years ago because of the allure of playing a Tiger. I soon found out its a PAPER Tiger. Same with the 131 and the HT-6, they should NOT be seeing the armor on tier VIIIs. You get into a tier VIII battle in those and you just better go hide. Same in a Tiger 1 at tier IX. 

And now you want to make another tank line. As an autoloader. May as well allow 5 arties per game. When are we going to see the"Tank Girl" tank?

Tiger rant over. You wanted feedback, you got it.

Play warthunder then... Wot is not a Sim game it's a arcade shooter with ww2 themes

Manu_4head #49 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 00:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22374 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM OF ARTY FOCUSING THE GOOD PLAYERS JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE HIGH WIN8 AND THEN ADD NEW TANKS

ALSO ADD NEW MAPS AND MAYBE REDUCE ARTY TO 1 PER GAME TO THAT THEY HAVE TO SIT IN QUE FOR LONGER

Anlushac11 #50 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 02:15

Major

• Players
  • 35975 battles

View PostYANKEE137, on Jan 26 2018 - 18:44, said:

Ferraris or FIATs? Time will tell

Yes...sorta. Fiat owns Ferrari. EDIT - Nevermind. Seems Ferarri was spun off as a separate entity as of Jan 2016.

Really really looking forward to playing the P.40/P.43. Always liked the look of those.

Edited by Anlushac11, Jan 28 2018 - 02:21.

RangeTarget #51 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 02:56

Private

• Players
  • 3316 battles

Just something else to screw the rest of us over.

typhlosion57 #52 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 06:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 7960 battles

View PostCmdr_Adama_BSG75, on Jan 27 2018 - 03:32, said:

Not another damn autoloader. If you are gonna do this silly stuff, then buff the damn Tiger 1. The most feared tank of WW2 and its gotta face tanks made 10-15 years later. STUPID. How a Tiger 1 and a T-29 end up on the same battlefield is beyond wishful thinking, its a fantasy. And to put it up against tier IX heavies is a freaking JOKE. You guys spend all this time and effort on making historically accurate looking tanks, then place them against tanks that weren't even dreamed of at the time they were made. I started playing this game years ago because of the allure of playing a Tiger. I soon found out its a PAPER Tiger. Same with the 131 and the HT-6, they should NOT be seeing the armor on tier VIIIs. You get into a tier VIII battle in those and you just better go hide. Same in a Tiger 1 at tier IX. 

And now you want to make another tank line. As an autoloader. May as well allow 5 arties per game. When are we going to see the"Tank Girl" tank?

Tiger rant over. You wanted feedback, you got it.

you do realize that the tiger is too op for tier 6 so tier 7 is the best place for it especially since they're gave it the tiger 2s irl 8.8cm gun? the tiger with the second best gun was the irl tiger 1 so if you wanna be historically accurate then go into tier 9 games with that gun. As for the fact that it faces tier 9s its not like other tanks at tier 7 dont face tanks that are 10-15 ahead of its time. The IS is a prime example, has a worse gun than the tiger and still faces tier 9s. Infact, the tiger 1 and tiger p have the second best pen at tier 7. They along with the french tier 7 are the only ones at tier 7 that have more than 200mm of base ap pen which helps it against tier 9s. Sure even with prems tier 7s aren't meant to be facing tier 9s but thats why they changed the mm so that you only see a max of 3 tanks on the enemy team that are 2 tiers above you. And on the comment that its armor is trash, the tigers armor is good when ANGLED against tier 6s and 5s. If by tier 7 you dont know how to do that then thats on you. Obviously 100mm of armor isnt good against tier 9s, if it was the tiger would be a higher tier tank. 

ThEHaChA #53 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 12:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1241 battles
ok WG, i have a question, will multi-turret or multi-gun tanks will be a thing? since y'all are adding a autoreload feature to the Italian tanks, the only way for the other nations would counter attack that is with multi-turret or multi-gun tanks, please answer, i have been talking about this for a long time in the forum and i just want to see if my theories would become true.

Rising_Dough #54 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 15:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 68877 battles

View PostBlackhorse_One_, on Jan 27 2018 - 13:47, said:

The performance of in-game autoloaders has little to do with how they actually function on real world battlefields, where conditions and variables far exceed those of test ranges.

In particular, Clipping is a WOT-engendered fallacy which cannot happen in the real world - the machinery just doesn't move that fast on large-bore guns.

If Autoloaders worked in WOT the way they do in the real world, no one would want them. When the machinery totally replaces that human loader, the loss of that crewman increases the workload on the rest of the crew. As an example, and accepting that in-game track-repair is BS to begin with, Autoloaded tanks should have an extended Repair time automatically applied when the vehicle's original crew complement is 3 or fewer - and that's true for any vehicle.

Welcome to WoT. 

You probably found the realistic aspects of the game, like me, very engaging. The care taken in visually representing the tanks, the sounds, the physics of penetration, is all fantastic stuff. But in the end, it is still just a very attractive arcade game; the realism is cosmetic.

To focus on auto loaders as an example of something off-base seems trivial. Why not criticize the time it takes to make a repair as not being the real word? Or the aiming mechanism for arty?

If you don't like auto loaders in context of the game, that's fine- different people have different opinions.

Even though I have cursed being victimized by auto loaders hundreds of times, they add a new dimension to the game that enriches it, imo. It's analogous to the different abilities of chess pieces. I much prefer chess to checkers, with only two piece types.

Edited by Rising_Dough, Jan 28 2018 - 21:50.

Tugboatct #55 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 18:06

Private

• Players
  • 36537 battles
  • [PYRMD] PYRMD

if you have a drum of all Ap rounds loaded, will you be able to switch a back end reload with another type round like Heat, or HE? or set up the Drum with different types of ammo, like if its a 4 round drum, go HE, AP, AP, HeaT.

Deputy276 #56 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 18:17

Major

• Players
  • 19063 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostBlackhorse_One_, on Jan 27 2018 - 12:47, said:

I don't get your point. Pretty much EVERYTHING in both AW and WOT doesn't come close to the real world. In BOTH games, with an autoloader, you are allowed to switch from AP to HE to HEAT at will. Can't do that in the real world. You would have to shoot whatever round is in the chamber and then in the reload switch rounds. Real world and these games have nothing in common, other than maybe the visual models and/or names of the tanks. And many of them are "off". 

Deputy276 #57 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 18:28

Major

• Players
  • 19063 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostRising_Dough, on Jan 28 2018 - 08:17, said:

Welcome to WoT. 

You probably found the realistic aspects of the game, like me, very engaging. The care taken in visually representing the tanks, the sounds, the physics of penetration, is all fantastic stuff. But in the end, it is still a very attractive arcade game; the realism is cosmetic.

To focus on auto loaders as an example of something off-base seems trivial. Why not criticize the time it takes to make a repair as not being the real word? Or the aiming mechanism for arty?

If you don't like auto loaders in context of the game, that's fine- different people have different opinions.

Even though I have cursed being victimized by auto loaders hundreds of times, they add a new dimension to the game that enriches it, imo. It's analogous to the different abilities of chess pieces. I much prefer chess to checkers, with only two piece types.

Keyword in your post is "GAME". It's a game. It has ZERO to do with real life combat. Steel Beasts PE has realistic repair times. They also don't force the combat into a 15 minute time span. That's a compromise to making something like this "playable" for the little tykes with zero patience. We all know in real life it takes longer than 5 seconds to repair a disabled track. You would be out of the combat for HOURS. And if you are in view of the enemy, a broken track means bail out of that vehicle immediately and find cover. But even that probably means death because the next shot will blow the tank to pieces. Fact is, a human in a modern tank can ALWAYS beat an auto-loader at reloading a gun. If he can't, they reassign him to a desk job counting pencils in the rear. That's another problem with Armored Warfare. The reload times are WAY off. It doesn't take 9+ seconds to reload a US tank. But if they put in realistic reload times, all the auto-loading Russian tanks would be blown away very quickly. So they had to lie big time and give them outrageously long reload times to "balance" game play. God I hate that "b" word. It has done more to screw up these games than anything else. Some 10-year-old dweeb too lazy to learn how to set up and play a tank screams "OP please balance this" and the devs cave to them almost every time.

Edited by Deputy276, Jan 28 2018 - 18:30.

spud_tuber #58 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 19:15

Major

• Players
  • 51792 battles

View Posttyphlosion57, on Jan 27 2018 - 23:06, said:

you do realize that the tiger is too op for tier 6 so tier 7 is the best place for it especially since they're gave it the tiger 2s irl 8.8cm gun? the tiger with the second best gun was the irl tiger 1 so if you wanna be historically accurate then go into tier 9 games with that gun. As for the fact that it faces tier 9s its not like other tanks at tier 7 dont face tanks that are 10-15 ahead of its time. The IS is a prime example, has a worse gun than the tiger and still faces tier 9s. Infact, the tiger 1 and tiger p have the second best pen at tier 7. They along with the french tier 7 are the only ones at tier 7 that have more than 200mm of base ap pen which helps it against tier 9s. Sure even with prems tier 7s aren't meant to be facing tier 9s but thats why they changed the mm so that you only see a max of 3 tanks on the enemy team that are 2 tiers above you. And on the comment that its armor is trash, the tigers armor is good when ANGLED against tier 6s and 5s. If by tier 7 you dont know how to do that then thats on you. Obviously 100mm of armor isnt good against tier 9s, if it was the tiger would be a higher tier tank. 

I think the tiger 131 and ht 6 prove the tiger I would have been fine at tier 6 with the 8,8L56, don't you?  But that isn't really surprising.  WG decided to overtier, and therefore need to over gun and often over buff in other ways, most of the german tanks from T6-8.  Presumably, it was done so fewer "design proposal" tanks were needed at higher tiers, but the effects are that lots of german tanks ended up with less useful armor than folks tended to expect.

Now, this isn't limited to german tanks, as there are other tanks or even other lines that have similar issues.  Germany was just the only one for which pretty much the entire tree at mid tiers was like this.  And to WG's credit, they have over time done a fairly decent job making the tanks fun and balanced, even if they aren't exactly armored monsters.

scoutsout7 #59 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 00:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 56340 battles

I like the idea of bringing the Italians into the game about time, About the gun system sounds interesting, we shall see how well it works on the battlefield... Good Job guys for your effort so far I have been playing for five years and still enjoy the game. 

Been on the test sever running the 430 & 430U and I really enjoy them both great job nice balance to them both as for the heavies and TD's Not my style and I see people hitting the 2 key often to get the punch that is needed to pen other tanks. (My opinion) 

Now as much as I enjoy the game the two biggest grips, I have are lack of maps or shall we say shoe box bowling allies. Please look at the mas if you look they are bowling allies three lanes of battle sometimes four. Also when I log into the game and either play a Tier 6 or 8 the first battle is always against either T8 or T10 and the constant ten fights in a T8 is getting old guys. 

What is WG thought on opening grand battle maps to both T6 & T8 tanks???? 

To be honest when I read the message in the grand battle load in I chuckle for I have not had any issues in the match besides sever lag and this is not on my end of the connection.. I would love to see more larger maps brought into the game for all tiers, or at least for T6 and up... On a note guys think on this please battle such as Kursk where not on a 1Km Square they covered miles of terrain. yes I understand nothing that big in the game is possible but at least bigger than the standard maps, I say this for it gives the scout tanks a chance to break from contact and then reacquire it again. and in turn spot for their teammates, Now on a standard map once contact is made you stand a chance of being destroyed right off for you cannot break contact unless you return to spawn... Also being a medium tank player I love the idea of  being able to maneuver to the flanks and distract while the heavies move in for the kill as it should be in battle a team effort and not just one tank but all.... (Before any player says it is not possible I have done this many times this go around with other players from other nations on the test sever and even the live sever sometimes, yes it is rare but when it works it is awesome!)  

Now will the new premium Italian tank have the option of having at least one female crew member or a complete crew??? 

Lastly I have written in forums before and never gotten a response from WG so what gives?? Do you even take the time to read what we say or is this just player based forums??? 

Scouts Out 

LeaveIT2Beaver #60 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 02:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 31667 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

View PostLawBear, on Jan 27 2018 - 11:06, said:

Hmmm, Italian tanks. One forward speed and seven reverse speeds?

Funny you should say that. :trollface:    I got er..... "counseled" for saying something similar a couple of years ago about the eye-tye tank proposal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users