arty balanced dynamic pigs arty is balanced promote dynamic gameplay

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Thirty_BR #81 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 18:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3830 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 28 2018 - 10:05, said:

I get it you're mad but bad players will continue to play arty and XVM sniping will still happen until WG wakes the hell up and allows us to hide our stats.

Just be happy it can't hit for what it used to because that penning shot used to instakill most tanks.

So since I play SPG's, that makes me bad at playing tanks?

Well to be honest, I do play the other classes horribly. My ADDHD is so bad, I can not watch the mini map, shoot tanks, and look for cover like the regular WOT account holder can. Funny though the one tank I feel I play my best in I have the worst rating in. But, I love playing SPG's though. I think I play SPG's because honestly, I truly love playing them. Something about that life bar just going blank from full health so so rewarding. It not always like that though. We have to deal with splitting our XP with the guy who is spotting for us, then you have the guys helping kill the tank you are shooting. I do not think that it makes it fair that because I play SPG's it means I suck at all other tanks. Im sure if I had 80k battles in heavies, I would be pretty good. But to say all SPG player suck at all other tanks. That speaks volumes, but not in a game related way.

Edited by Thirty_BR, Jan 06 2019 - 18:21.

Double_O7 #82 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 02:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5744 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostWhineMaker, on Jan 28 2018 - 03:29, said:

Someone was spotted out in the open and thought that was being dynamic.

How I miss the days of one shotting a full health E100/Maus, with an AP round from my T92... :arta:

Those were the days... :)

I would rather have those days, instead of the cancer they are now. I used to not complain about arty until after 9.18. 

Sure, I would get nuked........once every 50 battles, ok>esc>new tank>battle>gg. Now I'm getting perma stunned/tracked and painfully trolled. Just kill me already. I did not get this game to watch my tank lose it's health slowly because it can't move.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #83 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 03:18

Major

• Players
  • 32523 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostDoctorThe19th, on Jan 29 2018 - 06:54, said:

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 15:50, said:

You could line your reticle up to where the shot is coming from and shoot even if they aren't spotted. I do this a lot and it works. If they are shooting you, you know they are able to be shot back. This isn't true with arty. Even in TD's when the enemy is unspotted, you still have a chance to fight back. You don't with arty. They could be anywhere firing at you. It's unfair. There is nothing else to it.

actually there's a thing called counter arty. Tell your arty where their arty shot you at. Teamwork? Haven't heard of it? Well no surprise on this game.

Saying "it's unfair" is much easier than telling your arty where the enemy arty is.  Saying "it's unfair" is FAR more easier than actually learning safe zones etc.

People want easy, they want to dumb down the game.  Thankfully WG refuses to listen.

Matches without arty are dull, boring, and VERY predictable....I.E. not fun.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #84 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 08:24

Major

• Players
  • 32523 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 29 2018 - 07:21, said:

View PostDoctorThe19th, on Jan 28 2018 - 18:54, said:

actually there's a thing called counter arty. Tell your arty where their arty shot you at. Teamwork? Haven't heard of it? Well no surprise on this game.

LOL You think that the arty on my team will take the time and blind fire the enemy one when he could be shooting other tanks for damage for sure? You're funny. Lol I always ping the map and say "arty there" when I get hit. Nothing ever comes of it. Maybe 1/20 games my arty will do something to counter, but like you said that's not likely.

View Postmworthy, on Jan 28 2018 - 18:55, said:

Explain this if Arty is so unfair why aren't not annihilating whole teams. Why aren't they beating heavies, lights, mediums , and tds in kills and damage every match?  When they start killing whole teams it won't be unfair and here's a little tip if Arty is shooting you you get away from that spot. Technically a TD should be moving spots after every couple shots or so

You didn't even respond to my point. This always seems to be what happens with arty supports. They see logic that must make them think, "Darn, he's kinda right and I don't have anything to go against what he's saying besides, 'oH bOY! AnoThER WHinEr! GiT GUd!' so I better just say something else and change the subject." Other people here have done that too where they completely bypass my point and just bring something completely different up. I will directly respond to yours though. A tank doesn't have to wipe out entire teams to be broken or unfair. That isn't what defines that. And unfair mechanic is one that gives an advantage to another player that the other player doesn't have. i.e. being able to shoot someone when you don't have a line of sight. That is a huge advantage. TD's don't have that advantage, Lights don't, meds don't and heavies don't. Arty is the only class with that top down mode for viewing. That's why it is unfair. Not because they wipe out entire teams.

With all the trouble some people have playing with arty in the game, they need to have the enemy arty alive, so it's good some arty don't counter.

If people ASKED arty players to counter a specific spot, some will, when it's given as a disrespectful demand, I don't blame arty for ignoring them.

With all the hate and trash talk arties get, I don't blame them for not countering out of spite.

""gives an advantage to another player that the other player doesn't have""

This isn't an individual game, this is a TEAM based game.  Both TEAMS have that ability, that is what matters and what makes it fair.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #85 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 16:45

Major

• Players
  • 32523 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostDouble_O7, on Jan 30 2018 - 10:47, said:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the forums have been flooded with two topics for the past 6-9 months: ARTY PROBLEMS and the MATCHMAKER. And does wargaming do anything? no, they ignore their customers and don't acknowledge a single word. That's called really bad customer service, wargaming. I'm pretty convinced that wot will be a relic in about a decade or so. I don't care what your officials say. 

Then you are guilty of exactly what you claim WG is guilty of......not listening.

WG has stated 6 months ago they were working on a new MM system and it would take about 6 months to be ready.  It's been being tested on the SEA for awhile now and will soon be here.

WG has also stated MANY times that arty will NEVER be removed.

The answers are there, some just choose to not listen.

WoT be a relic in a decade.....MOST games don't last as long as WoT already has.  If it lasts another decade that would be one of the best games in history.....and people [edited] about it all the time.......just wow....

Double_O7 #86 Posted Jan 08 2019 - 17:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5744 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Jan 08 2019 - 09:45, said:

Then you are guilty of exactly what you claim WG is guilty of......not listening.

WG has stated 6 months ago they were working on a new MM system and it would take about 6 months to be ready.  It's been being tested on the SEA for awhile now and will soon be here.

you miss the point. WG took over 18 months to finally admit the mm is broken

WG has also stated MANY times that arty will NEVER be removed.

I am not denying that, but vast amounts of people have been complaining about arty since it was first introduced, and the complaints have increased since the arty buffs. WG just sticks their head in the sand, and doesn't listen. 

The answers are there, some just choose to not listen.

I am well aware of those answers, thank you very much. Those answers are the wrong ones, and will effectively kill the game in less than a decade

WoT be a relic in a decade.....MOST games don't last as long as WoT already has.  If it lasts another decade that would be one of the best games in history.....and people [edited] about it all the time.......just wow....

It will be one of the longest lasting games.......until better beat it out quickly. Some of these games already exist, and have grown 10 times faster than wot in their first two years of exhistence

What kind of games are you looking at though? Free to play games are the new "trend" in gaming nowadays, so there is no real median to compare them to because the idea is so young, and WOT was one of the first of it's kind. It seems to me that you are comparing WOT to console games, and games that have new releases every 5-6 years like COD and Battlefield. Sure, they have a "shorter" life span, but the catalyst that causes those games to die in a few years is the release of a newer version. Companies like Sony do this to keep their players interested, and keep profits up. They release a new game, then people go buy it, and stop playing the previous version, therefore it dies. 

I am pretty sure, that better companies like Epic Games will outlast WG by a long shot because they know how to listen to their players instead of waiting two years to finally admit they screwed up, and then make a pathetic excuse like WG. 

Thor_24 #87 Posted Jan 09 2019 - 01:27

Private

• Players
  • 15635 battles
  • [-BYC-] -BYC-
forever waiting on the arty nerf they would rather make them more op than nerf them the stun is the biggest [edited]ever and then they never [edited]miss taking 300 damage in a muaschen from a tier 7 arty is so fair every 25sec i get hit 300 or more so fair 

bennyjw98 #88 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 04:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 9131 battles
  • [WAFFE] WAFFE
Solution: don't sit still, in the open, in typical arty aim spots. 
It's that easy. 
Unless the enemy arty is the Lefh, well then you're just screwed.

VooDooKobra #89 Posted Jan 11 2019 - 04:27

Major

• Players
  • 8846 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostDouble_O7, on Jan 08 2019 - 09:21, said:

What kind of games are you looking at though? Free to play games are the new "trend" in gaming nowadays, so there is no real median to compare them to because the idea is so young, and WOT was one of the first of it's kind. It seems to me that you are comparing WOT to console games, and games that have new releases every 5-6 years like COD and Battlefield. Sure, they have a "shorter" life span, but the catalyst that causes those games to die in a few years is the release of a newer version. Companies like Sony do this to keep their players interested, and keep profits up. They release a new game, then people go buy it, and stop playing the previous version, therefore it dies. 

I am pretty sure, that better companies like Epic Games will outlast WG by a long shot because they know how to listen to their players instead of waiting two years to finally admit they screwed up, and then make a pathetic excuse like WG. 

have you read the forums?  what makes you think the majority of the suggestions made are worth listening to?  not to mention with most of the issues the players are so divided no matter which side WG listens to the other cries on the forums that WG doesnt listen to its players.  people need to say what they mean its not that they dont listen its they are not doing what i want them to.  

Edited by VooDooKobra, Jan 11 2019 - 04:27.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users