Jump to content


Arty is "totally" fair and balanced

arty balanced dynamic pigs arty is balanced promote dynamic gameplay

  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

_Zero___ #41 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 16:18

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 51783 battles
  • 291
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    10-21-2014

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Jan 28 2018 - 10:47, said:

 

​On Prokhorovka/ Fiery Salient, there are several hills and low areas that offer partial protection from arty (it can still hit you, but is less likely to). Staying behind the train cars or in the village can also offer some protection, but admittedly, nowhere on that map is completely arty safe. That is simply a map where you do not want to be spotted until the situation is advantageous and the risk of being spotted is worth it. Not every map has to be played "dynamically". Sometimes patient strategy is the better way. As for Malinovka, there are many places which again offer some protection, but the main defense from arty on the more open maps is to play the vision game and avoid being spotted. If you do get spotted, be as dynamic as possible to make yourself a more difficult target. I love fooling arty players and hearing their shells miss.

And that is why i am not a fan of that map in anything with pubs right now. Don't get me wrong, I love all the camo possibilities and the way to play using mechanics. Arty punishes any time you get lit and normally everyone just camps in the back cuz they are too scared of arty. The problem is there are so many games that no one does anything on my team and the game is over in 2.5 min on Prok because my team gets out lit and out positioned and there is nothing i can do to prevent that because each time i do arty wrecks me and then i have to camp.



dunniteowl #42 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 16:26

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31329 battles
  • 8,051
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014
At tier X, how is 922 damage from a hit somehow 'unfair' just because arty did it?

US_3rd_Army #43 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 17:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 38135 battles
  • 2,254
  • [MAD-] MAD-
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 28 2018 - 03:58, said:

More than likely landed on your turret roof or the engine deck.

 

T92 has around 60 pen while the roof and engine deck of the T57 is less than 60mm so he probably got in a miracle pen at a good angle.

 

https://tanks.gg/tan...2-hmc&cl=000001

 

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 28 2018 - 04:05, said:

 

I get it you're mad but bad players will continue to play arty and XVM sniping will still happen until WG wakes the hell up and allows us to hide our stats.

 

Just be happy it can't hit for what it used to because that penning shot used to instakill most tanks.

 

I couldn't have said it better myself. These two post by Gungrave pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject of arty

xXx_Dead_Zombie_xXx #44 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 17:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 41405 battles
  • 3,643
  • [SUX] SUX
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011

and another one of these "I got killed by arty, please nerf" threads... gets so old. developers are right, NA is the cluster that complains the most about arty.

 

I also get so tired of people blaming XVM for them getting killed by arty, I have XVM installed, and as soon as I see somebody with a massive ego about their stats, say "Arty, is focusing me cuz my stats" I look, and the arty player doesn't even have XVM installed. people just always looking for somebody to blame when things don't go their way.



Shortcult #45 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 17:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 37752 battles
  • 5,372
  • Member since:
    08-21-2012

Your missing out on the positives of clicking.

 

I can continue to work on my BMI, going to 30% from 25% takes more dedication than you think.

 

I can annoy skilled players that otherwise would pay no attention to me at all.

 

I can do further research to decide if I prefer boobs or butts.

 

Gives me time to +1 all the apologists posts.

 

Lets me check flights to Vegas for the next Central Apologist Committee Meeting.

 

I can Google all them fancy words people put in responses to my posts.  Just a heads up, urban dictionary is better for this than mw.

 

Gives me time to print the screenshots I took of me out-skilling people so Mommy can put them on the fridge.



WhineMaker #46 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 18:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 38280 battles
  • 6,256
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 02:59, said:

 

No, I'd be ok with removing it because it is too unlike all the other classes. It doesn't make sense within the arcade style of shooting this game has with every other class.

 

Look into game development sometime. Arty brings the average/below average player the opportunity to delete a better player. Basic game design 101. Making a game for the top 1% does not make for a successful business model. WG is in it for the money, not your personal enjoyment and entertainment. Removing this mechanic will hit WG in the pocketbook, and that is the bottomline.

 

Having the vocal minority whine and cry everyday isn't going to get WG to remove it. The whiners(top 1%) got the alpha lowered by 40-60%(my estimate from playing arty), and replaced it with the stun effect. Now the cries are to remove the stun(go figure). The top 1% are looking make the game in their image of what it should be. Until the top 1% are paying the same amount of money into the WG coffers, the possibility to remove arty is non-existent. 

 

WG is looking to make money and will maintain the mechanic to balance the game for everyone. WG knows, when they remove arty, they will lose a chunk of the paying player base. 

 

Good luck getting it removed... :arta:

 

Either deal with it or go play WoT Blitz... :great:  

 

View PostShortcult, on Jan 28 2018 - 08:50, said:

Your missing out on the positives of clicking.

 

I can continue to work on my BMI, going to 30% from 25% takes more dedication than you think.

 

I can annoy skilled players that otherwise would pay no attention to me at all.

 

I can do further research to decide if I prefer boobs or butts.

 

Gives me time to +1 all the apologists posts.

 

Lets me check flights to Vegas for the next Central Apologist Committee Meeting.

 

I can Google all them fancy words people put in responses to my posts.  Just a heads up, urban dictionary is better for this than mw.

 

Gives me time to print the screenshots I took of me out-skilling people so Mommy can put them on the fridge.

 

Congratz!!!

 

I never thought of you as being able to multitask... ;)



Shortcult #47 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 18:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 37752 battles
  • 5,372
  • Member since:
    08-21-2012

View PostWhineMaker, on Jan 28 2018 - 09:29, said:

 

Look into game development sometime. Arty brings the average/below average player the opportunity to delete a better player. Basic game design 101. Making a game for the top 1% does not make for a successful business model. WG is in it for the money, not your personal enjoyment and entertainment. Removing this mechanic will hit WG in the pocketbook, and that is the bottomline.

 

Having the vocal minority whine and cry everyday isn't going to get WG to remove it. The whiners(top 1%) got the alpha lowered by 40-60%(my estimate from playing arty), and replaced it with the stun effect. Now the cries are to remove the stun(go figure). The top 1% are looking make the game in their image of what it should be. Until the top 1% are paying the same amount of money into the WG coffers, the possibility to remove arty is non-existent. 

 

WG is looking to make money and will maintain the mechanic to balance the game for everyone. WG knows, when they remove arty, they will lose a chunk of the paying player base. 

 

Good luck getting it removed... :arta:

 

Either deal with it or go play WoT Blitz... :great:  

 

 

Congratz!!!

 

I never thought of you as being able to multitask... ;)

 

Somebody inform League of Legends that they will never make a dime if they don't have a system to allow below average players to defeat better players.

 

Once they fix that glaring loophole they should finally become profitable.  Clikz I think they owe you a check.



Tahllol #48 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 19:18

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 10971 battles
  • 1,016
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 10:12, said:

 

The funny thing is that it isn't working as designed. The developers say that arty is supposed to "promote dynamic gameplay" when in reality arty does things like I posted here. It prevents dynamic gameplay. It is doing the exact opposite from what it was "designed" for. Also everyone keep suggesting Blitz and honestly if it were on par with the PC version, I would go to it, but its not so that's like me suggesting you go from a car to commute 40 miles to work to riding a bicycle all the way there instead. Not even a decent suggestion, kind of a ridiculous one.

 

It promotes dynamic game play just fine, just because you go touched in a lucky shot in the perfect spot ona  tank that has low armor for a heavy isn't the arties fault especially a tier 10 arty. Arty hits should hurt like hell especially if they actually pen which is rare.

 

If you don't like arty go play Blitz or gee stop sitting in the open. 

 

But, hey lets just make it so every tank does 150 damage a shot, with a 19 second reload, that never pens, all tanks go 25 kph, everyone has 350m spotting range, and we can have a balanced game across the board. Since as it stands it will never be balanced until they fix the crap ROF variance between the different tanks and remove/fix RNG since rounds don't even land in the aim circle like they should.



Tahllol #49 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 19:21

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 10971 battles
  • 1,016
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 28 2018 - 16:26, said:

At tier X, how is 922 damage from a hit somehow 'unfair' just because arty did it?

 

lol, agreed,

DoAhn #50 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 21:57

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 56755 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    01-22-2016

Arty is now officially a support tank. Support attack, support defense, pick off one-shots. Here's an incredible idea! Try playing arty. Learn about gun arcs, arty shade, target areas of choice. Most players look at the lineup and do not see the positive aspects of arty, much less their individual characteristics. The rock that will hide you from that Obj 261 may be totally useless against the Conqueror GC, for example. Learn to work with arty. Attacking a stunned enemy is a lot easier.

Arty is a part of the game. Educate yourself. More productive than whining, methinks.



g4143 #51 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 22:06

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9198 battles
  • 413
  • Member since:
    04-24-2015

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 11:59, said:

 

No, I'd be ok with removing it because it is too unlike all the other classes. It doesn't make sense within the arcade style of shooting this game has with every other class.

 

Isn't that a bit like saying - "you shouldn't have goal keepers because they unlike all the other players"?

Sgt__Guffy #52 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 22:31

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 4137 battles
  • 1,896
  • Member since:
    04-01-2017

Arty is "totally" fair and balanced

 

Now the OP seems to be a tad annoyed, but all I would say is if Artillery was not in the game then what about those super heavy tanks, they would be a bit formidable wouldn't they.

 

How can I put it. WG in their infinite wisdom put artillery into the game. In so doing they took a leaf out of the book of American Idiom that states: "Shoot first, ask questions later." So, you see artillery fired and we are all here now asking questions about it. 

 

Working as intended.

 

Have fun, shooting first.

 

Guffy.



panzer716 #53 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 23:13

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12333 battles
  • 292
  • [FATE] FATE
  • Member since:
    12-01-2015

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 28 2018 - 10:26, said:

At tier X, how is 922 damage from a hit somehow 'unfair' just because arty did it?

 

Because it doesn't have a direct line of sight to do it. If a Jagdpazer E100 shoots me for 1000 damage, I don't complain because he had to directly SEE me to do that damage, unlike arty which just sits at spawn and can shoot you doing the same damage rolls as a tier 10 TD without even having a direct line of sight. That's how it is unfair.

 

View PostDead_Zombie, on Jan 28 2018 - 11:13, said:

and another one of these "I got killed by arty, please nerf" threads... gets so old. developers are right, NA is the cluster that complains the most about arty.

 

I also get so tired of people blaming XVM for them getting killed by arty, I have XVM installed, and as soon as I see somebody with a massive ego about their stats, say "Arty, is focusing me cuz my stats" I look, and the arty player doesn't even have XVM installed. people just always looking for somebody to blame when things don't go their way.

 

When did I ever say XVM sniping was the reason I got hit by arty? I never mentioned XVM, my stats or anything else like that once in my post or any of my replies. Not sure why you are bringing it up.

 

View PostWhineMaker, on Jan 28 2018 - 12:29, said:

 

Look into game development sometime. Arty brings the average/below average player the opportunity to delete a better player. Basic game design 101. Making a game for the top 1% does not make for a successful business model. WG is in it for the money, not your personal enjoyment and entertainment. Removing this mechanic will hit WG in the pocketbook, and that is the bottomline.

 

Having the vocal minority whine and cry everyday isn't going to get WG to remove it. The whiners(top 1%) got the alpha lowered by 40-60%(my estimate from playing arty), and replaced it with the stun effect. Now the cries are to remove the stun(go figure). The top 1% are looking make the game in their image of what it should be. Until the top 1% are paying the same amount of money into the WG coffers, the possibility to remove arty is non-existent.

 

So basically, allow lesser skilled players to outplay higher skilled players with an unfair mechanic the higher skilled player can't combat except by camping? You are honestley saying that is good to allow that to happen? To make higher skilled players be punished by lesser skilled players just because it gives the lesser skilled players the "opportunity" to poop on skilled players? You don't see a problem with that? I agree about the monetary aspect of this though. I don't think it would hurt the pocketbook that much because many people would spend more money on this game if arty were gone (myself included) so those that would leave because they only play arty would for the most part recouped, but WG doesn't want to take that risk.

 

About the second paragraph, most of the "whiners" never asked for a damage nerf, they asked for straight up removal. A damage nerf was not asked for and that is what was received, so people are still unhappy.

 

View Postg4143, on Jan 28 2018 - 16:06, said:

 

Isn't that a bit like saying - "you shouldn't have goal keepers because they unlike all the other players"?

 

Goal keepers don't throw things at the other players from the sidelines to impede the players progress of discourage them from doing something.


Edited by panzer716, Jan 28 2018 - 23:14.


panzer716 #54 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 23:22

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12333 battles
  • 292
  • [FATE] FATE
  • Member since:
    12-01-2015

View PostRed_Ensign, on Jan 28 2018 - 08:26, said:

yes a high tier arty hits that hard.  are you pointing that out because nothing else at that tier does?  no?  what's your point then.  besides "waaaaaaaah" I mean.

 

View PostTahllol, on Jan 28 2018 - 13:21, said:

 

lol, agreed,

 

As I said in my above post;

Because it doesn't have a direct line of sight to do it. If a Jagdpazer E100 shoots me for 1000 damage, I don't complain because he had to directly SEE me to do that damage, unlike arty which just sits at spawn and can shoot you doing the same damage rolls as a tier 10 TD without even having a direct line of sight. That's how it is unfair.



mworthy #55 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 23:48

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11383 battles
  • 915
  • [941ST] 941ST
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 17:22, said:

 

 

As I said in my above post;

Because it doesn't have a direct line of sight to do it. If a Jagdpazer E100 shoots me for 1000 damage, I don't complain because he had to directly SEE me to do that damage, unlike arty which just sits at spawn and can shoot you doing the same damage rolls as a tier 10 TD without even having a direct line of sight. That's how it is unfair.

Dead is still dead regardless what killed ya I don't  care if it's a heavy or Arty it's hypocritical to go up in arms against when Arty kills ya your guns is still out of play. And Arty requires their teams line of sight on you to shoot tyou



panzer716 #56 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 23:51

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12333 battles
  • 292
  • [FATE] FATE
  • Member since:
    12-01-2015

View Postmworthy, on Jan 28 2018 - 17:48, said:

Dead is still dead regardless what killed ya I don't  care if it's a heavy or Arty it's hypocritical to go up in arms against when Arty kills ya your guns is still out of play. And Arty requires their teams line of sight on you to shoot tyou

 

So do many of the TD's that are snipers. Again, the difference is the TD's still need to be able to see you. Next thing you know WG will release bombing runs that allow you to hit on the next map over in the game you aren't even in. Who needs line of sight anyways. It's easier to just sit back in safety and click.

mworthy #57 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 00:13

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11383 battles
  • 915
  • [941ST] 941ST
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 17:51, said:

 

So do many of the TD's that are snipers. Again, the difference is the TD's still need to be able to see you. Next thing you know WG will release bombing runs that allow you to hit on the next map over in the game you aren't even in. Who needs line of sight anyways. It's easier to just sit back in safety and click.

Ok with the clicking bs you also click doesn't matter if you need line of sight for it you still click. I play tds btw and yes I do need line of sight but if in seen I can't fight back if I can't see them if I can't see them the Arty on my team can't see them Arty can only shoot at a tank if I see them either way it requires someone to see you. Also don't go to popular spots that everyone knows a certain tank type will go



panzer716 #58 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 00:20

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12333 battles
  • 292
  • [FATE] FATE
  • Member since:
    12-01-2015

View Postmworthy, on Jan 28 2018 - 18:13, said:

Ok with the clicking bs you also click doesn't matter if you need line of sight for it you still click. I play tds btw and yes I do need line of sight but if in seen I can't fight back if I can't see them if I can't see them the Arty on my team can't see them Arty can only shoot at a tank if I see them either way it requires someone to see you. Also don't go to popular spots that everyone knows a certain tank type will go

 

Any of those tanks shooting you also need a line of sight, except arty. That is my whole point. That is why arty is unfair. If arty required a line of sight to shoot me we wouldn't be having this conversation. That's the difference and that is the problem.

mworthy #59 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 00:29

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11383 battles
  • 915
  • [941ST] 941ST
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 18:20, said:

 

Any of those tanks shooting you also need a line of sight, except arty. That is my whole point. That is why arty is unfair. If arty required a line of sight to shoot me we wouldn't be having this conversation. That's the difference and that is the problem.

Doesn't matter if you can't fight back  when you can't see them. Arty needs your line of sight to shoot anyone in the game if you can't see them they can't see them 

 



panzer716 #60 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 00:50

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12333 battles
  • 292
  • [FATE] FATE
  • Member since:
    12-01-2015

View Postmworthy, on Jan 28 2018 - 18:29, said:

Doesn't matter if you can't fight back  when you can't see them. Arty needs your line of sight to shoot anyone in the game if you can't see them they can't see them 

 

 

You could line your reticle up to where the shot is coming from and shoot even if they aren't spotted. I do this a lot and it works. If they are shooting you, you know they are able to be shot back. This isn't true with arty. Even in TD's when the enemy is unspotted, you still have a chance to fight back. You don't with arty. They could be anywhere firing at you. It's unfair. There is nothing else to it.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users