• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

DoctorThe19th #61 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 00:54

Major

• Players
  • 16001 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 15:50, said:

You could line your reticle up to where the shot is coming from and shoot even if they aren't spotted. I do this a lot and it works. If they are shooting you, you know they are able to be shot back. This isn't true with arty. Even in TD's when the enemy is unspotted, you still have a chance to fight back. You don't with arty. They could be anywhere firing at you. It's unfair. There is nothing else to it.

actually there's a thing called counter arty. Tell your arty where their arty shot you at. Teamwork? Haven't heard of it? Well no surprise on this game.

mworthy #62 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 00:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11383 battles
  • [941ST] 941ST

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 18:50, said:

You could line your reticle up to where the shot is coming from and shoot even if they aren't spotted. I do this a lot and it works. If they are shooting you, you know they are able to be shot back. This isn't true with arty. Even in TD's when the enemy is unspotted, you still have a chance to fight back. You don't with arty. They could be anywhere firing at you. It's unfair. There is nothing else to it.

Explain this if Arty is so unfair why aren't not annihilating whole teams. Why aren't they beating heavies, lights, mediums , and tds in kills and damage every match?  When they start killing whole teams it won't be unfair and here's a little tip if Arty is shooting you you get away from that spot. Technically a TD should be moving spots after every couple shots or so

panzer716 #63 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 01:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12337 battles
  • [FATE] FATE

View PostDoctorThe19th, on Jan 28 2018 - 18:54, said:

actually there's a thing called counter arty. Tell your arty where their arty shot you at. Teamwork? Haven't heard of it? Well no surprise on this game.

LOL You think that the arty on my team will take the time and blind fire the enemy one when he could be shooting other tanks for damage for sure? You're funny. Lol I always ping the map and say "arty there" when I get hit. Nothing ever comes of it. Maybe 1/20 games my arty will do something to counter, but like you said that's not likely.

View Postmworthy, on Jan 28 2018 - 18:55, said:

Explain this if Arty is so unfair why aren't not annihilating whole teams. Why aren't they beating heavies, lights, mediums , and tds in kills and damage every match?  When they start killing whole teams it won't be unfair and here's a little tip if Arty is shooting you you get away from that spot. Technically a TD should be moving spots after every couple shots or so

You didn't even respond to my point. This always seems to be what happens with arty supports. They see logic that must make them think, "Darn, he's kinda right and I don't have anything to go against what he's saying besides, 'oH bOY! AnoThER WHinEr! GiT GUd!' so I better just say something else and change the subject." Other people here have done that too where they completely bypass my point and just bring something completely different up. I will directly respond to yours though. A tank doesn't have to wipe out entire teams to be broken or unfair. That isn't what defines that. And unfair mechanic is one that gives an advantage to another player that the other player doesn't have. i.e. being able to shoot someone when you don't have a line of sight. That is a huge advantage. TD's don't have that advantage, Lights don't, meds don't and heavies don't. Arty is the only class with that top down mode for viewing. That's why it is unfair. Not because they wipe out entire teams.

mworthy #64 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 01:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11383 battles
  • [941ST] 941ST

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 19:21, said:

LOL You think that the arty on my team will take the time and blind fire the enemy one when he could be shooting other tanks for damage for sure? You're funny. Lol I always ping the map and say "arty there" when I get hit. Nothing ever comes of it. Maybe 1/20 games my arty will do something to counter, but like you said that's not likely.

You didn't even respond to my point. This always seems to be what happens with arty supports. They see logic that must make them think, "Darn, he's kinda right and I don't have anything to go against what he's saying besides, 'oH bOY! AnoThER WHinEr! GiT GUd!' so I better just say something else and change the subject." Other people here have done that too where they completely bypass my point and just bring something completely different up. I will directly respond to yours though. A tank doesn't have to wipe out entire teams to be broken or unfair. That isn't what defines that. And unfair mechanic is one that gives an advantage to another player that the other player doesn't have. i.e. being able to shoot someone when you don't have a line of sight. That is a huge advantage. TD's don't have that advantage, Lights don't, meds don't and heavies don't. Arty is the only class with that top down mode for viewing. That's why it is unfair. Not because they wipe out entire teams.

Until they can kill a whole team they are not  unfair.

And also never assume I think what your saying is right 

panzer716 #65 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 01:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12337 battles
  • [FATE] FATE

View Postmworthy, on Jan 28 2018 - 19:31, said:

Lol Your view on what makes a tank unfair is way off. Also read that post again and tell me where I said "You must be thinking this, 'xxxx'"? I never said you thought that. I said YOU didn't respond to my point, then I made a general statement about arty supporters. The pronoun "you" was never in the statement about what arty supporters think. There are always exceptions, and maybe you are one of them (although you did bypass my point earlier so maybe you did think that and had a guilty conscience in this response here jumping to a conclusion I was specifically referring to you? I don't know and it doesn't matter.), but most of my experience have people reacting that way.

mworthy #66 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 01:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11383 battles
  • [941ST] 941ST

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 19:43, said:

Lol Your view on what makes a tank unfair is way off. Also read that post again and tell me where I said "You must be thinking this, 'xxxx'"? I never said you thought that. I said YOU didn't respond to my point, then I made a general statement about arty supporters. The pronoun "you" was never in the statement about what arty supporters think. There are always exceptions, and maybe you are one of them (although you did bypass my point earlier so maybe you did think that and had a guilty conscience in this response here jumping to a conclusion I was specifically referring to you? I don't know and it doesn't matter.), but most of my experience have people reacting that way.

99.9 percent of my arguments with this is because of Arty kills them your the first to have more evidence with the anti Arty sentiment

panzer716 #67 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 02:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12337 battles
  • [FATE] FATE

View Postmworthy, on Jan 28 2018 - 19:48, said:

99.9 percent of my arguments with this is because of Arty kills them your the first to have more evidence with the anti Arty sentiment

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying here, but there is no point in arguing. I've made what I feel are valid points against it and haven't gotten may valid points back that are for it. Some of them are valid, but most are just things like "stop complaining!" which isn't a valid response to valid points. You are set in your ways on how you feel about arty and I am set in mine. Nothing wrong with that. There are a lot of posts here in the forums about people complaining about arty. There is nothing stopping people like you who enjoy arty making posts about how great it is. I think I'm done arguing for now. I haven't posted a thread like this in a while but I got really tilted after holding in my arty annoyance for so long with arty in that T57 game. I have no hard feelings towards you mworthy or WhineMaker or anyone else. I'm not mad or anything. It's a game and we are expressing opinions. I'd still platoon with any of you, even if you wanted to play arty. I'm just done arguing.

mworthy #68 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 02:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11383 battles
  • [941ST] 941ST

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 20:00, said:

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying here, but there is no point in arguing. I've made what I feel are valid points against it and haven't gotten may valid points back that are for it. Some of them are valid, but most are just things like "stop complaining!" which isn't a valid response to valid points. You are set in your ways on how you feel about arty and I am set in mine. Nothing wrong with that. There are a lot of posts here in the forums about people complaining about arty. There is nothing stopping people like you who enjoy arty making posts about how great it is. I think I'm done arguing for now. I haven't posted a thread like this in a while but I got really tilted after holding in my arty annoyance for so long with arty in that T57 game. I have no hard feelings towards you mworthy or WhineMaker or anyone else. I'm not mad or anything. It's a game and we are expressing opinions. I'd still platoon with any of you, even if you wanted to play arty. I'm just done arguing.

What I'm saying is your the first guy to have some evidence to support your claims. Though I think you are forgetting how anti arty the game is.

WhineMaker #69 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 03:49

Major

• Players
  • 38631 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 16:21, said:

When you ping the location you were hit from, their arty is in a reload cycle. If you are expecting me to wait to fire a round, another 25-50 seconds, because you pinged a map square, you are wasting both of our time. That time difference can make or break a battle. 

With the nerf to arty alpha in 9.18, if the arty on your team isn't a T92 or CGC, the chance of a successful CB is next to nil. Once you do a damaging hit on the opposing arty, without destroying it on the first shot, the percentage of a second hit diminishes severely.

Something you may want to consider, I'm not your personal arty fire mission, to order/direct what to do in a random battle. You want to delete their arty, your best bet is to light their arty and then, and only then, I'll take the higher percentage shot at a lit target.

_Gungrave_ #70 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 04:11

Major

• Players
  • 45503 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View Postmworthy, on Jan 29 2018 - 01:31, said:

No he is right about the counter arty bit as I stopped pinging arty locations asking for my team's arty to counter. More often than not its bad players in arty who don't even know what counter arty means let alone how to do it.

mworthy #71 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 04:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11383 battles
  • [941ST] 941ST

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 28 2018 - 22:11, said:

No he is right about the counter arty bit as I stopped pinging arty locations asking for my team's arty to counter. More often than not its bad players in arty who don't even know what counter arty means let alone how to do it.

I think your replying to the wrong guy I never said anything about counter battery

n4cer67 #72 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 05:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17723 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
lol to infinity. Spgs are perfectly fair  and balanced. Large HE round hitting you on your thin top armor is supposed to do massive damage or do you think you're the only player allowed to inflict damage?

Omega_Weapon #73 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 05:57

Major

• Players
  • 53336 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 28 2018 - 17:13, said:

Because it doesn't have a direct line of sight to do it. If a Jagdpazer E100 shoots me for 1000 damage, I don't complain because he had to directly SEE me to do that damage, unlike arty which just sits at spawn and can shoot you doing the same damage rolls as a tier 10 TD without even having a direct line of sight. That's how it is unfair.

​While arty specializes in shooting without line of sight on the target, all classes have some capability to do so as well. If an enemy tank is on the other side of a forest, you do not have line of sight, because the trees block your ability to see. Thanks to spotting mechanics however, if any friendly tank within radio range does see that enemy, you get a convenient red outline that allows you to target them without line of sight. Even without the enemy being spotted, anyone can blind fire their gun at a suspected position and occasionally take out an unseen enemy tank (I love the hacker accusations when I do that). Now if you really only mean direct fire as opposed to indirect fire, regular tanks can do that too. All you need is a low velocity gun and you can actually drop shells on people who are behind cover using the high shell arcs. The real difference is that arty has the over head targeting map (God view) which allows them to see and engage beyond the normal draw limits. For that advantage arty has to pay with bad armour, bad Hit Points, bad mobility (some exceptions), bad accuracy, bad aim time, bad shell velocity, bad reload times, and shells that get half the pen values a tank would using the same gun. That is a pretty high price to pay, so the situation seems pretty fair for everyone EXCEPT the arty players.

Edited by Omega_Weapon, Jan 29 2018 - 06:03.

mohawkdriver #74 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 14:28

Captain

• Players
  • 21693 battles
  • [_RTF_] _RTF_

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 28 2018 - 07:26, said:

At tier X, how is 922 damage from a hit somehow 'unfair' just because arty did it?

Particularly when there's TD's out there at that tier that can hit you for over a thousand HP with one shell.

Zeedox #75 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 14:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16654 battles
  • [TESTE] TESTE

Wizards,

Bowmen,

Catapults operators,

Trebuchet operators,

Snipers,

Grenadiers,

ARTILLERIST,

Drone operators.

Unfortunate, long range damage dealers have been around for ages.....

Both in and out of gaming...........

Deal with it

Double_O7 #76 Posted Jan 30 2018 - 04:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6076 battles
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the forums have been flooded with two topics for the past 6-9 months: ARTY PROBLEMS and the MATCHMAKER. And does wargaming do anything? no, they ignore their customers and don't acknowledge a single word. That's called really bad customer service, wargaming. I'm pretty convinced that wot will be a relic in about a decade or so. I don't care what your officials say. 

Jaspo #77 Posted Jan 30 2018 - 05:51

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31377 battles

View Postg4143, on Jan 28 2018 - 03:28, said:

Simple question... What tanks generally finish as the top damage producers? What tanks generally finish as the top spotting producers? Yeah they are not arty!

That's not arty's role. Arty does stun assist, and gets rewarded very nicely in experience for it too...I keep seeing arty above me pushing me down into 4th by experience on this month's obnoxious tank rewards missions, doing half the damage I did but getting lots of splash points.

Griffon327327 #78 Posted Jan 30 2018 - 19:39

Captain

• Players
  • 89764 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Jan 28 2018 - 09:27, said:

​I see that 3 arty focused only on you would free up the other 14 tanks on you team to be dynamic. Whether or not they take advantage of your sacrifice is up to them.

this post does not show the recent name change to "Omega Whiner" evidently it takes a few days for forum account to refresh on name changes ?

LeacingCarton1 #79 Posted Jan 30 2018 - 22:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21413 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

i completely agree with you arty is cancer that needs to be removed from the game because its does nothing but ruin games and honestly i wish people would stop being so toxic in the comments cause arty is a problem that needs to be fixed.

P.S i can totally relate even after the update i have been hit by T10 arty for more than 1k dmg in heavy tanks.

JLD_gunner #80 Posted Jan 06 2019 - 10:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8915 battles

Arty is supposed to suppress and not hit a moving tank at full speed behind a hill.  I know this is a game, but some realism would be great. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users