• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

Yoott #1 Posted Jan 30 2018 - 23:24

Commissioner of the WGLNA

• Administrator
  • 24451 battles

Wargaming.net League

Hello Fellow Tankers,

It has been a while since I posted and I know many of you have been asking regularly (HOURLY) :) and patiently waiting for information on what is coming up next and what is on the table for the WGLNA, Wargaming.net League as a whole and Tournaments here in NA. I apologize for the delay in information but we wanted to make sure what goes out is correct, not immediately changing in any way and as clear as it could be.

Below you will find a statement from our WoT product leaders at our home office as well as a section put together by us here in NA which will hopefully answer other open questions you have. 

Official Message from Wargaming HQ

World of Tanks competitive gaming has seen many forms, and of these, the Wargaming.net League has always been king, with its competitive scene of the highest level.

Building it has been a labor of love for Wargaming and our competitive players. The league was gloriously showcased at the height of its success, the Grand Finals 2017, where players competed in front of a worldwide audience of 3.5 million viewers.

These accomplishments can never be erased and are a testament to the passion and skill of the best World of Tanks teams and players.

With this success has come the gradual evolution of the League itself, with minor changes to the competitive format to ensure the best competition the game has to offer. These changes have taken the League to where it is today, and now it is time to take it to the next level.

To achieve this and ensure rapid growth of the World of Tanks eSports audience and player base, we have begun designing a new format; one that will build on our past achievements and create new opportunities for our players. This new format is the future of competition for World of Tanks and will eventually replace the Wargaming.net League.

The last event in the old format was the Final Battle. We want to thank all the players and teams that made the WGL the historic series what it was and are excited to be bringing you the next step in eSports for World of Tanks.

So, what's next?

This change of format comes from our deep commitment to eSports and World of Tanks competition. We are working hard to create a new model that will fit our core game design and player experience while also effectively highlighting and showcasing top competitors.

As Head of Publishing Markus Schill has stated, “eSports and a competitive ecosystem are integral parts of our publishing plan for World of Tanks. We want the experiences we create to be the best fit for how our players play, what they want to see, and what they want to achieve. To support this, we will continue to invest in providing players with the chance to compete, showcase their skill at the game they love, and earn recognition for their passion.”

However, because we're still ironing out the details, we don't want to spoil the surprise just yet. You can expect more information later this year; just know that we have set out to redefine what everyone thinks World of Tanks eSports is to make it even more enjoyable and accessible.

While we polish the new eSports format, in-game tournaments will continue to support the competitive nature of the game and its community.*

*Special Notes Concerning the NA Region

1. Clarification: Above it is stated "in-game tournaments will continue to support the competitive nature of the game and its community." At this time in 2018, the NA region will not be running any region-only tournament events. Other regions may have been approved for such events, on a case by case basis. Players are welcome to apply to join other teams, and play in any region of their choosing. (this does not mean server transfers) All NA players are welcome to participate in the many in-game events that we be hosting on the NA server in 2018 such as Ranked Battles, Global Map, Strongholds, Marathons and Missions.

2. Also to be clear, we will not be holding any regional NA Esports in 2018 such as WGL, Silver League, Clan League, or Pro Tournaments with 7/70 format, or similar format to past seasons of WG. Other regions may choose to have these kinds of events, but the current NA plan will not include this. 

3. Stay tuned to our WG NA social media channels and portal for information on when and how you can participate in Ranked Battles, Global Map, Strongholds, Marathons and Missions that will be happening. Going forward these are the avenues all information will be mainly passed through so it's good to bookmark them now.
https://worldoftanks.com - Portal

https://twitter.com/worldoftanks - Twitter

https://www.facebook.com/WorldOfTanks - Facebook

Thank You all again for all the years of participation, hard work, and support you have given. It has been greatly appreciated.

Yoott #2 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 02:00

Commissioner of the WGLNA

• Administrator
  • 24451 battles

Parting Words from the WGLNA Commissioner

Well guys/gals I am sure that news above isn't easy to bear for many across the board. After 5 years and 10 seasons this is definitely not easy to type out.
I will say and would like it known it has been discussed back, forth, sideways, diagonally, up and down and all around to death between all of our internal teams and 

leadership.

Many ideas, alternatives, changes have been discussed/proposed and feedback from you has been given and will all be used going forward but at the end it is really

a better place for a clean end/break right now with the prospect from the leadership that down the road new ideas, tools and activities could spawn up and be better overall for everyone.  

I would like to personally thank everyone that participated, watched, helped, supported and even trolled WGLNA along the way

It has never been always the smoothest of roads however without your participation it wouldn't have gotten anywhere. 

I also want to thank everyone for the support you have given me personally good or bad :B
Whether its putting up with my bad memes in the Maestro tool, to dealing with my terrible tweeting abilities and my constant knack to always break stuff
I thank you all for the support you have given. #Yoottsfault

It's with that note I will also announce and add that sadly I will be leaving Wargaming NA over the next few weeks to pursue other opportunities. 

For those that know me you are aware the WGLNA and tournaments in NA has been my lifeblood for coming up on 5 years and it will be hard to let it go. 
From winning the Hypnotik created Fantasy League or entering the "Danger Zone" with Jsmooth, or waiting for Dr. Hewlitt Packard's diagnosis for the week from Meadowhawk in a scuba suit.
Getting to hit my great friend Trevzor in the face with a pie during a live finals, or running a weekly live eSports show with the amazing Dance210 and a live WGLNA Pre Pre Pre Show with WGLNAs biggest fan Bted.
All great times and memories. So many more and too many to list.

This has been a great ride and I have made a ton of friends along the way but the time has come to move on.

Feel free to message me anytime. I am still bad at tanks  so be prepared if you ask to platoon it's at your own risk to your stats.

Also just for the official record

Lemming Mafia vs Fulcrum Gaming - Draw

(cough still undefeated against Fulcrum Gaming)

I will be remaining on at WG NA for the very near future to answer any questions that arise tournaments related here or elsewhere and help as much as possible with any transitional needs. 

Thank You all again for the support and participation over the past 5 years

I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield (Most likely I will be the exploded tank on the side)

I know all of this news is kind of harsh and not what everyone hoped for but I will ask for the continued support here in this thread and other threads to keep the discussions clean, constructive and helpful with ideas/suggestions for the future going forward that can be used.

liamcraig1245 #3 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 16:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32285 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

So what’s next; time to kill esports lmbo. The management at this company is horrendous it should come as no suprise they were delisted from the cyprus exchange. Many players left this game because of the nerf to tourneys, many more will leave with the end of league and all other tourneys. I cannot understand how good this company is at killing off the few good components of the game. This is a big hit to the world of tanks community and is essentially the nail in the coffin for the competitive scene that wg actively tried so hard to kill. 

We thank you for so many years of dedication to the wot players yoot, o7

Yankee #4 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 16:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 35513 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

POPULAR

Why has the NA market been singled out as this somewhat “second class” community, unworthy of any effort or expenditure by Wargaming?

CheekiBreeki_ #5 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:07

Major

• Players
  • 40098 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Now that’s the nail on the coffin, sweet. Although can’t blame you toot since you’re only a messenger 

_bloop #6 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 54351 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
why do you do this on the day of my daughters wedding

Cajun_ #7 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29139 battles
  • [BT] BT
Silver leagued once again.

TheReturned #8 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18431 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

Rip Bronze League.

Rip Silver League.

Rip Gold League.

Rip Clan League.

Clanwars is already pretty dead but can't wait for WG to confirm it's rip too.

Thankyou for your time Yoot, one of the very limited NA staff which seemed to care about the player base.

Edited by TheReturned, Jan 31 2018 - 17:19.

meirzin #9 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28716 battles

View PostYankee, on Jan 31 2018 - 09:58, said:

Why has the NA market been singled out as this somewhat “second class” community, unworthy of any effort or expenditure by Wargaming?

Because we can't compete with EU and RU player numbers I guess.

mpank #10 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15436 battles
  • [FATE] FATE
Did I get it right: In short: no tournaments for NA for next few month / years? 

Major_Kenway #11 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:25

Private

• Players
  • 42383 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

This game is dying.

Not have many competition events last year, nor clan wars, and now they are not going to do anything this year, only fortress and other modes of useless battles.

G3nst3r #12 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13583 battles
  • [SCRP1] SCRP1

RIP NA!....

Thanks Yoot for all you have done and campaigned for, Good luck in future endeavors. :)

_bloop #13 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 54351 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
wargaming NA in 2019: Public battles are only available past 4:00 eastern.... and still no working friends list

_I_am_Dirty_Dan_ #14 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40495 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
I CAN'T WAKE UP

Elevendy #15 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 19853 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

Block Quote

2. Also to be clear, we will not be holding any regional NA Esports in 2018 such as WGL, Silver League, Clan League, or Pro Tournaments with 7/70 format, or similar format to past seasons of WG. Other regions may choose to have these kinds of events, but the current NA plan will not include this. 

Wowee.

Guess the game is officially dead. Wasted all my time with this stupid [edited].

Edited by Elevendy, Jan 31 2018 - 17:44.

mpank #16 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15436 battles
  • [FATE] FATE

1 question about this:

Block Quote

Players are welcome to apply to join other teams, and play in any region of their choosing.

How do I move my account to EU, for the time being so I can participate without having to invest another 1000s of hours and dollars into the game? 

Ziutx #17 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 32468 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View PostQuemapueblos, on Aug 14 2017 - 22:35, said:

What are some additional details about the server transfer?

First we're focused on Australia, New Zealand, Asia, and looking at players who are physically close to a different server cluster, who now may have too much latency to NA. This will not happen overnight as it is very technically challenging, as some of you have heard already from our responses from CS. We promise to track every request and take it seriously and want to make it happen. Secondly, we will be looking at folks in EU, Africa, and other far flung parts of the world who no longer want to remain on NA. We want you to keep playing with us no matter the server, so please bear with us.

So what about these server transfers to EU region? At least let us play on a server that's not dead.

AndrewSledge #18 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:41

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29125 battles
We'll miss you, Yoott! All the best for the future. :honoring:

DeathRattleShakes #19 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35659 battles
why wont NA accept the fact the it is a dead server and give people the option to transfer their accounts over the the EU or RU server?

Vampiresbane #20 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 17:44

Captain

• Players
  • 25337 battles
  • [MEDIC] MEDIC

So no casual or competitive tournaments for NA for the foreseeable future, if ever.

Fan....

Tastic.

Not even sure I want to play anymore.  Tournaments were my deal.  They were the main carrot, gold or not, for me to play (I spent more on buying gold to train crews/buy tanks for tournaments than I probably won).  I might just play for free at this point--no sense in spending money on this game anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users