• 31236 battles
  • [RS] RS
@CabbageMechanic, approved.

SnowPanzer #22 Posted Feb 06 2018 - 05:35

Major

• Players
  • 43836 battles
  • [G-M-U] G-M-U

This 1.0 that WOT is rolling out will make or break them. All the new flash and dash with maps and all is nice but it alone will not save this game. Literally 10s of thousands are so feed up with this game for so many reasons and are only hanging around in the hopes that it will get better with this 1.0. We all hope the the basic mechanics and milking us for every last drop with little pleasure will be fixed and have taken their toll.

Personally if I was a Wargaming employee I would be making sure that I had a back up job ready because if this 1.0 does not work out the exodus will be biblical.

JTM78 #23 Posted Feb 06 2018 - 13:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19047 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
These small changes to the maps appear to do very little if anything to address the balance issues of them. Yes some of the HD maps look great but they are the same old turds in different wrapper.

I believe Pilsen was one of the more balanced maps and I believe all you did was screw it up like the other maps but we will see.

_Brew_ #24 Posted Feb 06 2018 - 14:53

Major

• Players
  • 19665 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

It sounds to me in Fisherman's Bay that you are taking away parts of the maps that allow particular tanks to shine.  You might as well just use the big soccer arena from the special event and have us all drive straight at each other.

What's the point of grinding for tanks with great gun depression if every map is taking away the areas where the gun depression matters?  

Scrap_Iron3 #25 Posted Feb 06 2018 - 15:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 64540 battles
  • [FORTI] FORTI
I like the idea of getting some of the older maps back in the rotation.  A few of the older maps need to be enlarged such as the Hidden Village map, which is one of my favorites.  Hope that one is under consideration to bring back.  I do like the changes made.  One reason is it takes a new line of thinking about how you will play a particular tank.  

Mr_Death2 #26 Posted Feb 06 2018 - 18:08

Private

• Players
  • 43035 battles
  • [TUF] TUF
I would like for Redshire to be looked at. The area where the heavies fight is unbalanced. If you cross the creek and come up hill to fight you are vulnerable to cross fire from the central hills but the the other direction the heavies are not vulnerable to cross fire.

thunder59 #27 Posted Feb 06 2018 - 21:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39016 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
deleted

Edited by thunder59, Feb 06 2018 - 21:33.

01LT #28 Posted Feb 06 2018 - 22:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 26712 battles

View PostMr_Death2, on Feb 06 2018 - 17:08, said:

I would like for Redshire to be looked at. The area where the heavies fight is unbalanced. If you cross the creek and come up hill to fight you are vulnerable to cross fire from the central hills but the the other direction the heavies are not vulnerable to cross fire.

2 ways to play this map but most players are just 1 TACTIC idiots that must do the same thing every single time on a particular map. Which you think would get old. The best way I see it being played is not to cross the river there is only 1 way out the pass and to do that you will be in the open. wait on the other side of river at bottom of hill with enough support you can hold any advance off. then either roll up though town in middle and FLANK which i believe 80% of players dont know the meaning of the word. AND DON'T FORGET TO TRACK  any tank that do venture's out they burns there repair kits and gives everyone a shot even you while there tracked. Most tank can even reload and get 2 shots in.

WOT stop making maps with a focus battle spot make maps based on obstacles not hills or corridors, give us freedom to play maps the way we want and not the way you make them can the way you make them is not a game its just make it a show.

I'll say it again!!! Anymap made where 80% of the players on it end up in 1 general area 90% of the time is not a good map. Unless that spot on the map is a cap point.

Rumbleghost #29 Posted Feb 07 2018 - 15:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 59426 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View PostShadowrealm50, on Feb 06 2018 - 02:30, said:

Here a thought. Wargaming name one battle in WWII that was fought on equal terms.  That right none. So why try to make a map fair.  You shouldn't.  Your maps are OK stop change them because your number say in unfair to 1 side because in real combat your never want to fight a fair fight.

This ^^.  As long as the players are assigned maps and map spawns on a completely random notinterferedwithinanyway manner, then you don't need to iron out every terrain wrinkle trying to make them perfectly balanced.  The whole article about Fisherman's Bay being unfair is based on the false assumptions that a) both teams should always be trying to push and that b) pub matches are full of people who understand and play to their team's strategic advantages.  

The article mentions, truthfully, that the northern spawn has an advantage pushing the 1 line, but doesn't mention that the southern team can defend it quite easily and does so on a regular basis.  Besides, the north team regularly does NOT push the 1 line at all, because one or two intrepid scouts or mediums push to "the rock" and a half dozen top tier tds and heavies sit back in A1 pubsniping causing no damage at all.  (pubsniping is characterized by hanging so far back from the front that you are out of draw range).

As the quoted poster says, don't worry so much about fairness.  Just crank out new maps anyways.  If you generate and cycle the new maps quickly enough, any serious advantages aren't exploited anyways because few players have had the time to discover them and adjust playstyle.                                                                         

01LT #30 Posted Feb 07 2018 - 21:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 26712 battles

View PostRumbleghost, on Feb 07 2018 - 14:03, said:

The article mentions, truthfully, that the northern spawn has an advantage pushing the 1 line, but doesn't mention that the southern team can defend it quite easily and does so on a regular basis.  Besides, the north team regularly does NOT push the 1 line at all, because one or two intrepid scouts or mediums push to "the rock" and a half dozen top tier tds and heavies sit back in A1

This explains pretty clearly how boring and old these maps have become and exactly how most play them with 1 tactic and 1 tactic only because this is what the map is purposely made for,  Every map has this. Cause that's how WG makes maps. So linear no flanking no alternate routes. Leaving the rest of the map pointless. Even this guy knows exactly what happens ever sinlge match, and i bet name the map i can tell you exactly how its gonna be played. SAME O BS MAP same O BS tactics.

This is my main reasoning for the call of ALL NEW MAPS, OBSTACLE based and not hill or funneling corridor based. Because HD, SNOW, FIRE, and SMOKE dont make it NEW BETTER or FUNNER.

ContraMuffin #31 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 01:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14135 battles
  • [AFK] AFK
I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the rework. I expected HD maps to just be eye candy upgrades over current maps, but the reworks look fantastic and definitely fixed some glaring balancing issues in these maps. I do not know how to feel about Pilsen yet since too much has changed, but from what I can tell so far, the changes are fantastic. Nice work, WG

ContraMuffin #32 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 01:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14135 battles
  • [AFK] AFK

View PostScrap_Iron3, on Feb 06 2018 - 09:18, said:

I like the idea of getting some of the older maps back in the rotation.  A few of the older maps need to be enlarged such as the Hidden Village map, which is one of my favorites.  Hope that one is under consideration to bring back.  I do like the changes made.  One reason is it takes a new line of thinking about how you will play a particular tank.  

I agree with you there! Hidden Village had a lot of potential and it was really discouraging to see that it got removed. Would love to see it back in rotation someday!

ContraMuffin #33 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 01:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14135 battles
  • [AFK] AFK

View PostThe_Peoples_Elbow, on Feb 05 2018 - 14:23, said:

When will this all be rolled out?

The 1.0 update will happen in March. From what I could tell of their current pace, seems a bit too early to produce a proper product, but they did seem to be working on it since early/mid last year, so who knows? It's definitely going to be an interesting gamble on WG's part, and reception to the 1.0 update could make or break the game.

ArcticTankHunter #34 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 01:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10760 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

View PostJTM78, on Feb 06 2018 - 13:05, said:

These small changes to the maps appear to do very little if anything to address the balance issues of them. Yes some of the HD maps look great but they are the same old turds in different wrapper.

I believe Pilsen was one of the more balanced maps and I believe all you did was screw it up like the other maps but we will see.

Nothing wrong with Pilsen changes. I just hope those coal field is high enough for cover fire for TD/medium tanks. The new Coal field has allowed TDs to finally push and flank without being an all open field and get shot from all directions.

Fisherman bay has changed the terrains so I do believe a scout/heavy tank can't just rush in and hide behind that rock on the left lane making South team useless.

The only map that seriously needs a new route change/added is Ruinberg. TDs can't do anything other than camping all the way at the back of the map. Neither can they flank push because the middle is nothing but pure fight for turreted tanks. Getting spotted by heavy tanks on the left side way too easily when trying to cross the middle.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Feb 08 2018 - 01:49.

Manu_The_Mung_Bean #35 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 02:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21091 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

so where did pilsen go?

"hey we changed pilsen"

:but you cant play on it on the test server

HOTA_CHATON #36 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 03:09

Major

• Players
  • 12335 battles
  • [KOFJ] KOFJ
Want to see how the Encore update will perform?  So join up and just sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, and sit more.  Never got into the action and I switched to several different tanks, even purchased a few new ones that I have never even played before.  Nodda, zip, zero entry to the action, just lots of sitting in my garage and looking and thinking that it isn't even my premium one.  WOW.  Not a good start War Gaming.

NightmareMk9 #37 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 03:17

Major

• Players
  • 29645 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Its not working.  waited 5 min for tier 6 and 5 min for tier 9

Gave up and just screwed around in a training room.

Looks nice, but the driving of the tank feel pretty much exactly the same.

_Mendes_ #38 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 03:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 30978 battles
  • [_IN_] _IN_
To preocupado com essa atualizacao jogo no noot onde esse ENCORE deu apenas erro e nem pode avaliar ou da uma porcentagem sobre graficos,,,, jogo no MINIMO 

xX_GRIDLOK_Xx #39 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 18:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16505 battles
  • [SYNG2] SYNG2
War Gaming you people need to fix ​MINES..... ​the North Spawn still makes it to the mid hill faster then the south does with this 1.0 patch on the test server. A few of us went and tried it out in the same exact tanks from same distance on both sides to the mid hill. Well the North spawn beats the South by a good margin. Maybe you people at War Gaming should make a entrance on the East and the West side of the hill where the South has the same advantage as the North has rite now against the south spawn. But besides that the maps look pretty good. Oh wait the map Fjords that mid spot has a advantage area F5 the road only goes up from the East Spawn so that side can get up to spot the enemy team from that water tower as the West side doesnt have the same chance but that's my thoughts.

01LT #40 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 22:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 26712 battles

How about delete mines all together never have I tried to climb that hill no matter what tank I'm in. I would not miss it at all if it was deleted its a piss poor map but this is the norm for WG to make these hill climbing, funneling 1 tactic maps and I'm not seeing anything different in the 1.0 update that will change that just the same o maps made pretty. That is not what we want. HD SNOW FIRE AND SMOKE dont make a map better,

If not delete mines just scrape the hill off it level it out and put multiple  house size rocks in its place. as i stated in a previous post in this thread. WE NEED NEW MAPS obstacle based not corridor or hill based.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users