STRV S1

STRV S1 Worst Premium Tank? Premium Tank Swedish Tank Destroyers

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Buff the STRV S1? (84 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Buff the STRV S1?

1. Yes, I believe the STRV S1 has lackluster stats and should be made a more competitive vehicle. (22 votes [25.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.88%

2. No, I believe the STRV S1 is fine where its at. (63 votes [74.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 74.12%

Vote Hide poll

CombatCorgi #1 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 08:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1861 battles

After playing and trying premium tanks extensively, I've found my personal worst performance tank I have is the STRV S1 by far, Imo the least competetive premium tank in the game at teir 8. Despite its extraordinary gun which can take on teir 10s, it depends widely on RNG to not flinch the accuracy which makes up the one and truthfully only true "dependable" features of this tank , its gun. Because of the tank's extremely low HP,  armor, and traverse it isn't rare to get 2 shot, even 1 shot in cases of teir 9 & 10 battles which is the vast portion of the types of battles the STRV S1 is put into. 

The tank is highly situational, and if you don't have the perfect position to not get spotted (which mostly fades after taking your first shot), or the perfect accuracy rolls, you're pretty much dead meat if the enemy gets anywhere near you because you don't have the traverse speed, and definitely not the accuracy considering you can't shoot when you're not in firing mode. This is especially true in Urban maps such as Himmelsdorf where the enemy can flank you from many different positions and you can't turn around to face them without them shaving off 60%+ of your HP first.

This brings to my conclusion, does the STRV S1 need to be buffed? Yes or no, state your opinions but ONLY if you actually own this vehicle please and have experienced the tank first hand, as my opinion is formed based on experiences I have had with this vehicle daily. If it should be buffed, even slightly, what could be changed about it to make it more competetive in the community? If not, why?

Attached Files

• Attached File   STRV S1.jpg   383.7K

silent_death_steel #2 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 08:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 43050 battles
  • [MINO] MINO

Some maps are really bad for this tank but you can still get a few shots off. Other open maps is where the S1 shines. Use your max view range circle on the minimap and never try and go closer than that to enemies. If thats not possible find some bush action and camo up. At first I sucked in this tank but now I really enjoy it. Also, always try to go into siege on a ridge so after you fired you can just drive down behind the ridge.

I definitely don't think the S1 should be buffed. 

Absols_blade #3 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 09:03

Captain

• Players
  • 14821 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

I have learned to love the S1 recently, so i don’t think it needs a buff

not to say I’d complain if it got one...:bajan:

KatzeWolf #4 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 10:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29 battles
I'd vote but....
No it does not need a buff...

kebab6597 #5 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 10:45

Major

• Players
  • 55684 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

I have the S1 I have not played it a lot however when I bought it I considered this major point about the S1 that I figure is an important characteristic of the vehicle and how the Swedes actually wanted to use it against a possible Russian invasion and how WG intended it to be used in game

It is a defence vehicle that is what it was designed for, it was never meant to be a front line tank, its a sit back at mid to long range supporting your teams front line using your camo and mobility to shoot and when needed to scoot and relocate

Now if only I could resist the temptation and play like I described above and didn't get a little too up close and personal with the enemy at times I would probably do a heck of a lot better in it than I do

Road_Dog_SM #6 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 10:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 17012 battles
  • [TAC-D] TAC-D
I find it to be one of my better tanks, to be honest. Yeah, some maps make it as useful as a hair on a snake, but I find a way to manage. I'm no great player, so maybe I just get a little lucky or MY version of good wouldn't meet your standards, but it works well enough for me.

madgiecool #7 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 11:51

Major

• Players
  • 50403 battles
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB
IMHO - you're playing above your skill level.

Firemoth #8 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 11:51

Major

• Players
  • 37007 battles
kv5, is6, panther88, CDC, T34, kannonfodder jagdpanzer, mauerbrecher would like to have a word with you

Edited by Firemoth, Feb 03 2018 - 11:53.

LAPPELduvide #9 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 13:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14579 battles
  • [NAISU] NAISU
If the S1 needs a buff then the Skorpion G needs a buff as well lol. It’s a one trick pony sure, but it’s one of my tier 8s that I have no problem seeing tier Xs in. 

Faster_Blaster #10 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 13:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29811 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER
If S1 gets spotted is destroyed instantly. I've bought chinese and swedish TD with gold from Christmas boxes. The difference between them is huge based on play style, armor, gun handling, hull traverse speed. If WZ fits on most maps, S1 struggles to fit on some. That siege mode requires more skills to drive S1 :-)

sliderone #11 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 13:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22168 battles
  • [ICY] ICY
No. But, I think they should let us climb again....the maps are too small to really use it.

_AlphaAndOmega_ #12 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 14:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15500 battles

I have over 400 battles and 56% WR in my Strv S1 and it doesn’t need a buff. It’s situational though and the siege mode mechanic takes a while to get used to. It took me over 100 battles to fully appreciate it and learn where to go on different maps. Some city maps suck for this tank for sure, but you can make it work quite well on the majority of the maps. Obviously the open maps are better. 

You got got to stay back. Use binocs, camo net and rammer. I also have a 3 female crew for it. In siege mode you aim time is pretty much non existent and dispersion is the best at tier 8. You can pen tier 10 tanks without too much hassle with regular ammo. 

you can bounce some lower tier guns or shots from far away, but expect to die when shot at. 

Dain_Ironfoot_ #13 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 14:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 21747 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
Those siege tanks definitely tank some getting use to... but once you get the hang of it, you can really wreak havoc.  There are certain maps and positions you can get into where nothing seems to go your way, but just getting a few shots off does quite a bit of damage.  Like someone said, keep your distance and use ridges in siege mode to peek over the ground and snipe the enemies while exposing as little of your top as possible.  You can use the slightest little bump or dip in the terrain to do this as well.

Edited by Dain_Ironfoot_, Feb 03 2018 - 14:21.

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #14 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 14:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31495 battles
I reconsidered using the binocs after someone pointed out that your team should be doing the spotting for you. sure, you can passive scout with it or spot your own targets but once you fire you are screwed. use someone else's spotting and your excellent radio range and stay out of detection range.
I swapped it out for vents to boost the dpm and camo.

Poletramp #15 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 15:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 42577 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Postsilent_death_steel, on Feb 03 2018 - 02:56, said:

Some maps are really bad for this tank but you can still get a few shots off. Other open maps is where the S1 shines. Use your max view range circle on the minimap and never try and go closer than that to enemies. If thats not possible find some bush action and camo up. At first I sucked in this tank but now I really enjoy it. Also, always try to go into siege on a ridge so after you fired you can just drive down behind the ridge.

I definitely don't think the S1 should be buffed. 

Second what he said and double bush as often as possible, love this TD its my credit printing machine.

Edited by Poletramp, Feb 03 2018 - 15:04.

Dishonest_John #16 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 15:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7160 battles

I have run up to another tank in travel mode at full speed and taken them out face to face for a kill by ramming and firing my gun and without getting out of travel mode, ran on to another tank and did it again. I have sniped the crap out of the other team while taking out tier 10 heavies from a great distance while they cant even see me. So what's the issue?

CREW SKILLS !!!!

Edited by Dishonest_John, Feb 03 2018 - 15:13.

Mr_RentAKill #17 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 15:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26995 battles
S1 is like any of the other S tanks in the Swedish line.  It's a highly map dependent tank.  In a wide open map with quality sniping spots it can be downright OP.  In a brawling corridor map, it really struggles to have an affect.  

As I have one, I certainly wouldn't complain if it got a buff, but I don't think it really needs one.

IX_Zann #18 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 15:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40528 battles
It took me a while to figure out the Strv S1. Have patience and drive it conservatively. I’ve even had a few really good battles on the Paris map with the S1 and I really despise the Paris map! Mostly using the S1 to train up Ikv 90B TC and driver in my quest for the UDES 03.

ChaosKampf #19 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 16:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4834 battles
  • [KAMPF] KAMPF
I wouldn't mind a slight ROF buff, but other than that, the Camo rating and accuracy of the gun make it extremely good at it's intended role, so no, I don't really think it needs to be buffed. My win rate in it is pretty bad, but most of the time that is caused by the highly situational nature of the tank, combined with a poor team. With a poor team (no spotting), I'm nearly always the last one killed because of the excellent camo, and when they finally do find me, it is at such close range that I can only get one shot off before they wipe me out.

Fbomb #20 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 17:05

Captain

• Players
  • 27163 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG
I've the Udes 03, have similar grief as op, only now up to 45% or so (having top grind to the top gun didn't help) Trying to carve out a fitting role in it for each battle is a task. You can relocate quickly, but several second go by before you can fire

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users