STRV S1

STRV S1 Worst Premium Tank? Premium Tank Swedish Tank Destroyers

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Buff the STRV S1? (83 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Buff the STRV S1?

1. Yes, I believe the STRV S1 has lackluster stats and should be made a more competitive vehicle. (22 votes [26.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.19%

2. No, I believe the STRV S1 is fine where its at. (62 votes [73.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.81%

Vote Hide poll

Gothraul #21 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 22:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 2044 battles
Mine has trash stats but I don't blame it on the tank, mostly me learning how to play it as I only gotten it fairly recently and a horrendous streak of red tide for teams. The S1 mainly needs a Good crew and to have the meta match the tank as for dealing with city maps it can cope if you are not facing off against aggressive teams or lots of derps and sky cancer.

commander42 #22 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 22:48

Major

• Players
  • 24014 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostCombatCorgi, on Feb 03 2018 - 02:35, said:

After playing and trying premium tanks extensively, I've found my personal worst performance tank I have is the STRV S1 by far, Imo the least competetive premium tank in the game at teir 8. Despite its extraordinary gun which can take on teir 10s, it depends widely on RNG to not flinch the accuracy which makes up the one and truthfully only true "dependable" features of this tank , its gun. Because of the tank's extremely low HP,  armor, and traverse it isn't rare to get 2 shot, even 1 shot in cases of teir 9 & 10 battles which is the vast portion of the types of battles the STRV S1 is put into.

The tank is highly situational, and if you don't have the perfect position to not get spotted (which mostly fades after taking your first shot), or the perfect accuracy rolls, you're pretty much dead meat if the enemy gets anywhere near you because you don't have the traverse speed, and definitely not the accuracy considering you can't shoot when you're not in firing mode. This is especially true in Urban maps such as Himmelsdorf where the enemy can flank you from many different positions and you can't turn around to face them without them shaving off 60%+ of your HP first.

This brings to my conclusion, does the STRV S1 need to be buffed? Yes or no, state your opinions but ONLY if you actually own this vehicle please and have experienced the tank first hand, as my opinion is formed based on experiences I have had with this vehicle daily. If it should be buffed, even slightly, what could be changed about it to make it more competetive in the community? If not, why?

i don't have the tank but have fought it and can definitely say it doesn't need a buff, first time I saw it in fact I thought it needed a major nerf. It outbrawled me in a superpershing when its supposed to be a bush sniper, of course it can autopen me when I cant ever pen it.  While I don't think it necessarily needs a nerf it does not need any buffs at all

Kerosedge #23 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 22:50

Captain

• Players
  • 20076 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ
only thing bad about it is the lack of armor.

bjorn1984 #24 Posted Feb 04 2018 - 00:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24125 battles

Strv S1 is just fine and prints credits like a mint for me.

nac2011 #25 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 19:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17338 battles

OP you're trying to hard to not like this tank. 

let it go and move on. 

rangerfrank #26 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 19:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26535 battles
  • [-VETS] -VETS
S1 is one of my tier 8's I least worry about going up against t 10.  I hate it on city maps and small maps because no armor, but on larger maps or something with bushes/ridges it rocks.  Makes good money also.

blakyce #27 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 20:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29190 battles
The STRV S1 is number 1 for net income on vbaddict and 47 out of 135 on premium experience (just behind the skorpion) so I think it is doing just fine.

philb990 #28 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 20:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19353 battles
  • [RDDT6] RDDT6

View PostFaster_Blaster, on Feb 03 2018 - 07:32, said:

If S1 gets spotted is destroyed instantly. 

This!!!

So i bush a lot and use the camo to my advantage.

When it works, it's glorious...

However, on some map, it does not work very well

Verblonde #29 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 20:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 17996 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB

The S1 doesn't need a buff, although it plays like very few other things in the game.

Cammo net and binos that work when it turns (in siege mode)? Hurrah!

The thing is, it's a pure stealth sniper, and if you try anything else, you're almost certainly a charred smear. If you can only brawl, you'll struggle, but if you can get the hang of being sneaky and taking long-range shots with that ludicrous gun, you should be able to do fine. Staying hidden is utterly essential, as there is so much out there that will delete you the moment you're seen.

I've not had mine long though, so those are very early impressions.

Komitadjie #30 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 20:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 1635 battles

View PostVerblonde, on Feb 08 2018 - 20:22, said:

The S1 doesn't need a buff, although it plays like very few other things in the game.

Cammo net and binos that work when it turns (in siege mode)? Hurrah!

The thing is, it's a pure stealth sniper, and if you try anything else, you're almost certainly a charred smear. If you can only brawl, you'll struggle, but if you can get the hang of being sneaky and taking long-range shots with that ludicrous gun, you should be able to do fine. Staying hidden is utterly essential, as there is so much out there that will delete you the moment you're seen.

I've not had mine long though, so those are very early impressions.

The real problem you've hit right on the nose. It REQUIRES stealth and range to play. And with the way a lot of the maps are set up now, there's no stealth and cover to be had that have lines of fire into areas where tanks go.  You can make a lot of money in it and do a huge amount of damage, but you are not going to be doing any carrying at all. With a few good team mates, you can do amazing things. But in a lot of games, you don't even get a chance to shoot before a whole flank has evaporated, and then you just farm until you get run down because your armor is almost useless, and you lose all your stealth every time you fire. Yes, you can double-bush... But how many of those places have survived the great map-shavings of each successive patch? Not many. Certainly not many that overlook useful map areas. And with so few, those bushes are frequent blind-fire targets. I know I do! 

Also, arty is your bane. Shoot, and if you even *think* you might have been spotted, either get to cover or begin evasion, because that spot is going to take a hit in about eight to fifteen seconds.

That being said, it's one of my favorite tanks. It's one of the VERY few that does just as well at any tier, and it doesn't mind seeing 10s. The gun shreds 9s and can pen 10s reliably, and stealth/mobility still works just as well against 10s as 6s. Only thing you lose is the occasional bounce from a US, German or British tank, but most of the time even at lower tier, a hit means taking damage.

Edited by Komitadjie, Feb 08 2018 - 20:45.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users