Game will not connect "synchronizing equipment and consumables"

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Perdikkas #1 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 11:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6717 battles

Hello,

I have been playing for 9 months with no problems on my Mac desktop running Sierra.

Yesterday:

Game launches

I hit connect.

Get message "Synchronizing equipment and consumables"

Then nothing happens... I never get to the garage.

I have re-installed game, and get same result.

any thoughts?

thanks

p.s.  I am not sure if I downloaded MacWrapper.... I just followed the links on the WOT website to load game.

Edited by Perdikkas, Feb 03 2018 - 11:15.

Winnipeg_Jets_Fan #2 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 13:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 418 battles
  • [-LHN-] -LHN-
get a buddy to try his account on your computer, see if he can load, some people have problems if they have too many crew, tanks in garage/barracks

Perdikkas #3 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 14:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6717 battles

thanks

I will try

Dracheherr #4 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 16:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36423 battles
  • [CRTBL] CRTBL
Sounds like there is a file integrity issue. There is a file integrity check you can run, but I forget how to do it. Can someone tell him how, please?

black_colt #5 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 18:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostPerdikkas, on Feb 03 2018 - 02:14, said:

Hello,

I have been playing for 9 months with no problems on my Mac desktop running Sierra.

Yesterday:

Game launches

I hit connect.

Get message "Synchronizing equipment and consumables"

Then nothing happens... I never get to the garage.

I have re-installed game, and get same result.

any thoughts?

thanks

p.s.  I am not sure if I downloaded MacWrapper.... I just followed the links on the WOT website to load game.

Generally the message is an issue with your network connectivity.

How did you reinstall the game?

Not sure what is going on so I am going to recommend that you download and install the Studly Utility from dstud208 and use the Studly Utility to delete the game.  This has worked very well in the past for me and many other users.

Look for a post from him and the download link[s] are in his post signature.

The following steps will completely delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and require you to reinstall.

Next Steps To Take

Go to /Documents/WoT and then duplicate your [Replays] folder.  After it is duplicated move that folder to somewhere else - the Desktop is a good place.
The reason for this is we are going to use the Studly Utility to completely delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and this deletes your [Replays] folder.

Make sure the WoT Mac Wrapper has quit.  Force-quit any world_of_tanks processes by going to [Activity Monitor] and select then force-quit.

Open the Studly Utility - click on [World of Tanks] then [General] - remember that the next step will delete the WoT Mac Wrapper and your Replays - make sure you back up your Replays folder if you want to keep - then click on [Delete Completely]

Click on [OK] in the resulting dialog box

Go the World of Tanks webpage and re-download the WoT Mac Wrapper [the reason we are doing this is to ensure that you have the latest download - do not re-use any previously downloaded DMGs]

After the download completes - go to that download location, mount the DMG file, and follow the instructions for installation in the resulting dialog box.

After the game has installed - eject the mounted DMG

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper and allow it to download any game updates.

Perdikkas #6 Posted Feb 03 2018 - 19:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6717 battles

thanks for all the replies.

I was able to connect with a new account.

then I tried to connect with my account and was able to get in.

I don't know what changed, but it's working.

I will keep the suggestions you guys made in case it happens again.

thank you

rukie #7 Posted Feb 05 2018 - 19:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 16669 battles
  • [GTO] GTO

View PostWinnipeg_Jets_Fan, on Feb 03 2018 - 13:55, said:

get a buddy to try his account on your computer, see if he can load, some people have problems if they have too many crew, tanks in garage/barracks

I don't care how many tanks you have. I have had this problem on the last 2 updates and was only able to resolve so far with a clean install. If they take your money and claim not to support your platform then you are dealing with theives. This seems to be the case. I run a Mac Pro, 512MB VRAM 16GB RAM, SSD drive, OS 10.11.6.

Edited by rukie, Feb 05 2018 - 19:53.

rukie #8 Posted Feb 05 2018 - 19:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 16669 battles
  • [GTO] GTO

Troubleshooting basics: Where the game is on your Mac.

Most of you should not go here, but WOT sits in your USER Library.

There are 3 main libraries:

1) On the startup drive, "Library". Do Not touch it as you can truly mess up the computer and require and erase and reinstall, and if your data is not backed up then too bad it is gone.

2) On the startup drive in a folder called "System". Again, Do Not touch it as you can truly mess up the computer and require and erase and reinstall, and if your data is not backed up then too bad it is gone.

3) On the startup drive there is a folder called Users, and 90% of the time your Home Folder is in there with your account name. In your account is a Library folder which Apple rightly tries to hide. In the Library is a folder called "Application Support", and in there is the virtual disk ("drive c" )  which is where your game "lives".

It runs in Wine which is a compatibility layer. It is like the trailer hitch to allow your Mac, analogous to a Mercedes, to haul trash (analogous to MS Windows).

In drive-c/Games/World_of_Tanks/ are several files. I have noticed that one of them, "launch13467724.grd" has a modification date of today and a size value of zero. That looks bad to me but it mat not be the problem.

Another file is "librsync.dll" But the date is a few days old, before the update which messed things up.

Another file that changed today is "app.type.xml" Maybe that is the problem.

Before pulling any files, duplicate them in place first and rename them slighty so you can still put it back to where it was.

Edited by rukie, Feb 05 2018 - 19:48.

black_colt #9 Posted Feb 05 2018 - 21:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View Postrukie, on Feb 05 2018 - 10:16, said:

I don't care how many tanks you have. I have had this problem on the last 2 updates and was only able to resolve so far with a clean install. If they take your money and claim not to support your platform then you are dealing with theives. This seems to be the case. I run a Mac Pro, 512MB VRAM 16GB RAM, SSD drive, OS 10.11.6.

Wargaming is quite clear about support for the CodeWeaver's Mac software solution.

Wargaming America support cannot troubleshoot the CodeWeaver's Mac software solution - https://worldoftanks.../docs/download/ - look in [DOWNLOAD INFORMATION]

If you have an issue with the WoT Mac Wrapper - I suggest that you raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

Perdikkas #10 Posted Feb 07 2018 - 18:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6717 battles

Some clarification (because I'm a tech idiot)

I downloaded directly form WOT website... is that Mac Wrapper, or is Mac Wrapper a independent/separate site?

lenticular #11 Posted Feb 07 2018 - 19:02

Captain

• Players
  • 37153 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

TL;DR - Rebooting solved this for me.

I tried launching several times after the update. Each time, the game froze on "synchronizing equipment and consumables". Quitting would not work. Had to force-quit all the processes from the Activity Monitor.

Finally decided to reboot. That seemed to fix it.

Perdikkas #12 Posted Feb 07 2018 - 19:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6717 battles

Hi,

I've done the re boot all week.... still get the "synchronizing....." or "updating garage"   and no further...

but can play on an old account I abandoned,  that's what is really confusing

black_colt #13 Posted Feb 07 2018 - 19:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostPerdikkas, on Feb 07 2018 - 10:23, said:

Hi,

I've done the re boot all week.... still get the "synchronizing....." or "updating garage"   and no further...

but can play on an old account I abandoned,  that's what is really confusing

Firmly convinced that you did not do a complete deletion of the game - did you follow my instructions on how to delete using the Studly Utility and reinstall?

If so, have you tried to [Reset Wrapper] using the Studly Utility?  If so, I recommend you do.

Edited by black_colt, Feb 07 2018 - 19:30.

Perdikkas #14 Posted Feb 07 2018 - 20:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6717 battles

you're right, I didn't try all those steps, but I will.

I just don't understand why I can get in with an old dormant account, but not with my premium account that I actually use

Texas_Vet #15 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 17:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2266 battles
  • [ECV] ECV

Black_Colt, having the same problems.  My live.com and my gmail.com accounts that I do not use are functional, and my primary account (yahoo,com) are acting the same way.  I will again use the Study Utility to nuke the game completely (WoT), follow the instructions and link to get the current wrapper, and reinstall.  Please note that my ISP connection is a broad and fast solution which has no lag with all other apps (netflix, WoW, etc...).  Will disable torrents when I do the install.

But funny, my johngsteel@gmail.com and johngsteel@live.com work just fine.  Again.

black_colt #16 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 17:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostPerdikkas, on Feb 07 2018 - 11:58, said:

you're right, I didn't try all those steps, but I will.

I just don't understand why I can get in with an old dormant account, but not with my premium account that I actually use

View PostTexas_Vet, on Feb 08 2018 - 08:43, said:

Black_Colt, having the same problems.  My live.com and my gmail.com accounts that I do not use are functional, and my primary account (yahoo,com) are acting the same way.  I will again use the Study Utility to nuke the game completely (WoT), follow the instructions and link to get the current wrapper, and reinstall.  Please note that my ISP connection is a broad and fast solution which has no lag with all other apps (netflix, WoW, etc...).  Will disable torrents when I do the install.

But funny, my johngsteel@gmail.com and johngsteel@live.com work just fine.  Again.

If my previous instructions do not work - then unfortunately you will need to contact CodeWeavers to see if they have any guidance.

Here is the link to raise a Support Ticket with them - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

Edited by black_colt, Feb 08 2018 - 18:00.

Texas_Vet #17 Posted Feb 08 2018 - 22:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2266 battles
  • [ECV] ECV
Have contacted CodeWeavers, will keep all in the loop as things develop.  It may be something such as a specific local file that is corrupt (one that is directly associated with my johngsteel@yahoo.com WoT account).

lenticular #18 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 01:10

Captain

• Players
  • 37153 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
Had same problem with the PC client at first last night as well. Launching with default graphics cleared it up

Perdikkas #19 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 21:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6717 battles

Hi,

So I used the Studly utility and followed the directions....

downloaded a clean version.

I still get stalled on "updating garage... or synchronizing" with my premium account....

but I can get in and play with my dormant, no exp, no gold, no credits, non premium account. :(

CapnNoahJoJo03 #20 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 00:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14293 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
Well I just jumped on the bandwagon. Gonna try to get in a third time, fingers crossed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users