Game will not connect "synchronizing equipment and consumables"

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Texas_Vet #21 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 02:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2305 battles
  • [ECV] ECV
Just got a bit of feedback from CodeWeavers.  The engineer stated that if it is working on two of my other accounts, but not loading on my primary account, it is a wargaming issue as is related to that specific account.  So I will log in a ticket and keep you informed as it progresses to a solution.

CapnNoahJoJo03 #22 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 07:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15916 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostTexas_Vet, on Feb 10 2018 - 02:29, said:

Just got a bit of feedback from CodeWeavers.  The engineer stated that if it is working on two of my other accounts, but not loading on my primary account, it is a wargaming issue as is related to that specific account.  So I will log in a ticket and keep you informed as it progresses to a solution.

I ran the game with reset graphic settings and poof, it worked, three times the charm, yatatata. Coincidence or not I can’t tell.

Perdikkas #23 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 10:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9746 battles

View PostTexas_Vet, on Feb 10 2018 - 02:29, said:

I got the same feedback from Codeweavers....

Have contacted WG.... they are ZERO help.  They keep saying it is my problem.

Perdikkas #24 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 17:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9746 battles

Update:

WG just told me too bad.   :amazed:

Perdikkas #25 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 18:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9746 battles

Update:  I am told I have too many tanks and it is code weavers fault.  they say it is my "game client not loading your tanks and garage properly"....   "if you are using a a PC, we might be able to help you"

"see you in the battlefield soldier"

Wow. :(

Texas_Vet #26 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 00:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2305 battles
  • [ECV] ECV

Wargaming.com told me that is it a codeweavers issue and closed the issue.  I told them that I have 3 accounts, 2 work, and the primary does not.  Also informed them that ever since the server merge, for my primary account, that I have always had to launch the game in safe mode to make it work.  Will wait for feedback again.

I am not pleased with their automated response.  If Mac client, always redirect to ColdWeavers.  I guess they get a bonus for a "quick fix".  Like I said, I re-opened the closed case and reminded them that I have 3 accounts and  yada yada yada.......

I asked again if there was a specific file that I could rename/remove that hold my primary account information so to remove a client potential corruption.  Need to do a root cause analysis and attack it from many areas of focus.

If I can get them to address my account, then it just may be the solution for your accounts as well.

Texas_Vet #27 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 02:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2305 battles
  • [ECV] ECV

View PostCapnNoahJoJo03, on Feb 10 2018 - 07:07, said:

I ran the game with reset graphic settings and poof, it worked, three times the charm, yatatata. Coincidence or not I can’t tell.

Nope, then it hung with Sync Personnel File.  This really blows....

Perdikkas #28 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 19:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9746 battles

Used a friend's PC this morning, got into my Premium account easily.  Sold some tanks and dismissed some crew (until they said I "reached my limit").  Tried to log on my Mac....

stuck on "updating garage" again.   Able to play on my non premium dormant account. :(

Texas_Vet #29 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 20:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2305 battles
  • [ECV] ECV

I use my wife's older Mac, fully High Sierra updated, did a clean installation of WoT, launched with my Tesas_Vet account (johngsteel@yahoo.com) and it worked!  This did the following proofs:

• My primary account was fully functional on the other Mac.
  • Therefore there is not an account corruption issue as it sits on the Wargaming Servers.
  • The issue is 100% my high performance Mac related.

I have presented this information to CodeWeavers just a few minutes ago, and notified Wargiaming (on my support ticket) as well.  So Perdikkas, the problem is related to something on our Mac's.  When I get the solution, I will post the full instructions here.

The secret is to never give up!  It will be resolved!  It could be a specific library file that is broken, one WoT file that did not cleanly get deleted, or a file that needs to be pushed to me to replace and existing file, to something like that.

Perdikkas #30 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 23:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9746 battles

Thanks Texas....

update:  a few hours after I last posted.. I magically got on with my premium account... didn't do anything differently.  I truly don't get it.

last time I was able to get on was a Sunday.. and it's Sunday today :ohmy:

Texas_Vet #31 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 04:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2305 battles
  • [ECV] ECV

SO I used the Study Utility to delete game files, then delete completely.  Checked that there were no remaining files in the WoT folder (and that folder was gone).

Then, I downloaded from worldoftanks.com and reinstalled.  Before I launched the game, did a force update from the study utility, and disable torrents, and my primary account is still toast.  So I will wait for CodeWeavers to get back to me on next steps.

More, just disabled torrents, launched in Safe mode (I do NOT use any mods in any wargaming.com game) and it hangs when updating the garage.

Pressed Reset Wrapper and launched in Safe mode, and NOW it just let me in!

I really don't understand, I have done this several times before.  So let's see how long this lasts....

Texas_Vet #32 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 10:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2305 battles
  • [ECV] ECV

Gadz this is dysfunctional at times.  Again, I used the following steps and now it works!

• Used the Study Utility to :
    • delete game files
    • delete the game
  • Downloaded the game from WorldofTanks.com
  • Performed the installation and client updates.
  • Launched the initial stage of the WoT client
  • Used to Study Utility to update the wrapper (watched it do something)
  • Launched the game.

Now it works!

So I think something like this simply need to use the Study Utility to ensure you delete your game files and to force an update of the wrapper.  Maybe it was doing things in this order that cleared th bug.

Texas_Vet #33 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 19:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2305 battles
  • [ECV] ECV

Argh!

Yesterday, I was able to access my primary account just fine.  Played several games, going good damage and supporting my team to victories.  Sweet!  I exited cleanly.  The only "change" is that I did not change the resolution, but the "pulled" the window to about 90% of my laptop screen.  So, clean exit.

Today, again!  Unable to log on!  So I:

• used Study utility to kill all processes (Slap)
  • used Study utility to update wrapper.
  • Launched initial app.
  • Used study util to disable torrents
  • Launched and authenticated account with "reset graphics"
  • It hung when sync garage.

This has been going on for a few months now.  Only my other 2 account that are Tier 1 - 3 tanks are useable, not my account with Tier 5-8 tanks.

I am not pleased.

Perdikkas #34 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 21:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9746 battles

sorry Texas,

I kept my game running last night and briefly played early this morning....   hoping the window is still open when I get home.  If not, I dread trying to restart the game again.

Texas_Vet #35 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 18:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2305 battles
  • [ECV] ECV

Now it is working.  I talked to the folks at CodeWeavers and this was the 2nd to last straw before a bare-bones rebuild of my mac.

• Shutdown.
  • Boot while holding Command and R
  • Mounted Macintosh HD
  • Click on Reinstall

It performed a refresh of the o/s, kept all accounts and applications, and now it works.  So something in the base o/s got hosed somehow, and this fixed the problem.

My thanks to CodeWeavers!

Will update the main Mac thread for issues......

Perdikkas #36 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 20:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9746 battles

Thanks Texas,

I've been able to get on since Sunday without doing anything.... though I fully expect another episode of "updating garage:.... I'll be sure to try your steps you outlined when it does.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users