• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

BlaqWolf #41 Posted Feb 22 2018 - 16:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20723 battles
  • [5D] 5D

Starts at 8pm EST.  

So, if you work nights or need sleep to work the next day - U can't participate.  How nice.

Damn mode should be 24 hours, or perhaps X number of battles, so everyone can participate regardless of their time zone.  Or whenever a random match ends up all tier 10 it should automatically be ranked.

Balanced teams?  Not even close.  Your team is mostly red, the other team entirely green or better?  Check.

Purples sitting back and doing nothing for 5 minutes, check.  Waiting for everyone else to actually spot, damage, and die before acting?  Check.   Farming damage without any care if they win, so long as they can prevent other team members from dealing damage?  Check.   Purples parking behind people so they can't withdraw?  Check.

Pretty much the absolutely most toxic form of game play WG could come up with, perfected.

Edited by BlaqWolf, Feb 22 2018 - 17:22.

hckygod99 #42 Posted Feb 24 2018 - 19:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 18539 battles
  • [ONLY1] ONLY1
The game mode is horrible. It promotes selfish game play. Also the limited time slot for the game time is silly. Late night games. So us players with afternoon and overnight jobs get excluded from all extra game modes clan wars, ranked battles. Thanks WG. 

Matsquatch #43 Posted Feb 25 2018 - 02:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 23909 battles
  • [RS] RS
The way Experience is awarded in ranked battles is broken and complete BS.  I just finished a game in my VK 72.01 K,  where I had 3678 dmg, top on the team, I kill, damaged 3 tanks, shot 7 times missed 1 and penned 6 of 6 hits, 0 assisted dmg, and I get 3 EXP Less than the top EXP earner on the team, a [edited]ter in an IS-7 who did a whopping 1080 dmg, 13 shots fired 3 pens in 13 hits, 3 tanks damaged 1 destroyed and 743 Assisted dmg from my Shot.  Please explain this Wargaming!  

Azanthriel #44 Posted Feb 25 2018 - 23:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11910 battles
  • [-AK-] -AK-

View PostElfMagi2, on Feb 07 2018 - 15:57, said:

Hope they plan to expand the playing time (each day) or is WG going to limit it to the prime time players only, AGAIN.

​I very much like playing in Rank so far. But am not able to participate to the extent I like because of the hours available. WoWs Rank has a limited season but is 24/7 when it runs and there seems to be no problems there.

NorwegianNinja #45 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 08:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 29078 battles
  • [DYNO] DYNO
I really like this season. well done.

golruul #46 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 07:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20922 battles

As background, I played about 10-11 hours and got rank 12.  Here's my feedback:

Good:

• Best format so far of all the ranked battles.  This includes no weekly rank resets, more ranks total, "shield" ranks, and intermediate rewards that include bonds.  Definitely need to stick to something resembling this format.
  • Wasn't an awful credit sink, but maybe this is just how I played.

Bad:

• Awful tank balance (this included stupid OP tanks as well as terrible ones).  There's a reason there's almost no light tanks are played.  Not going to say much except you really, really need better tank balancing for these kinds of modes.
  • Related to above, don't release stupid OP tanks just before the ranked season starts.  No one wants to see this.  Do it afterwards.
  • Players playing ultra-conservatively.  Definitely much more "campy" than randoms.  Not as fun to play because of this.  Need XP tweaks or something else to discourage this.  (Node that campy, passive gameplay is boring in any mode -- it's just really prevalent here.)
  • Speaking of XP, need to be more transparent on how it's calculated. 

KP_Wrath #47 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 12:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 36014 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3

View Postgolruul, on Mar 05 2018 - 06:21, said:

Good:

• Best format so far of all the ranked battles.  This includes no weekly rank resets, more ranks total, "shield" ranks, and intermediate rewards that include bonds.  Definitely need to stick to something resembling this format.

Bad:

• Awful tank balance (this included stupid OP tanks as well as terrible ones).  There's a reason there's almost no light tanks are played.  Not going to say much except you really, really need better tank balancing for these kinds of modes.
  • Related to above, don't release stupid OP tanks just before the ranked season starts.  No one wants to see this.  Do it afterwards.
  • Players playing ultra-conservatively.  Definitely much more "campy" than randoms.  Not as fun to play because of this.  Need XP tweaks or something else to discourage this.  (Node that campy, passive gameplay is boring in any mode -- it's just really prevalent here.)

Redline sniping was prevalent right up till I broke rank 13.  SPG play was shockingly valuable, and the SPGs themselves were useful, especially at high tiers (admittedly, there seemed to be maybe 6 die-hard arty players from 13-15).  I might have seen 20 lights in my last 30 games.

Bavor #48 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 16:46

Major

• Players
  • 30236 battles
  • [FN_DP] FN_DP

View PostMatsquatch, on Feb 24 2018 - 20:50, said:

The way Experience is awarded in ranked battles is broken and complete BS.  I just finished a game in my VK 72.01 K,  where I had 3678 dmg, top on the team, I kill, damaged 3 tanks, shot 7 times missed 1 and penned 6 of 6 hits, 0 assisted dmg, and I get 3 EXP Less than the top EXP earner on the team, a [edited]ter in an IS-7 who did a whopping 1080 dmg, 13 shots fired 3 pens in 13 hits, 3 tanks damaged 1 destroyed and 743 Assisted dmg from my Shot.  Please explain this Wargaming!  

I've noticed similar things happen in my ranked battles.  I've had battles where I'm top in damage on the team by almost 1,000 HP of damage done, have 2 or 3 kills and all my damage was done at close range so nobody was spotting for me.  Yet I'm 5th or 6th in XP?  Really? How broken is XP if  payers who did half the damage I did and have zero or 1 kills are top in XP?  Using XP is a broken and useless system if it hurts the players who contribute the most to the win.

godofdun #49 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 19:34

Major

• Players
  • 14457 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postgolruul, on Mar 04 2018 - 23:21, said:

This.  I think the number of losing team players either gaining or not losing a chevron causes this.  Players think that as long as they play passively they can at least secure a spot in that top 5 as a backup to........you know.......winning and doing well.  Remove this temptation.  Also make it chevron neutral, or maybe just +1 to reduce how effective spamming matches is.

Mikosah #50 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 20:25

Major

• Players
  • 17534 battles

View Postgodofdun, on Mar 05 2018 - 12:34, said:

This.  I think the number of losing team players either gaining or not losing a chevron causes this.  Players think that as long as they play passively they can at least secure a spot in that top 5 as a backup to........you know.......winning and doing well.  Remove this temptation.  Also make it chevron neutral, or maybe just +1 to reduce how effective spamming matches is.

That may not encourage camping quite as much, but it doesn't encourage aggression either. No matter how the chevrons are divvied out, when players want to win the vast majority take it slow and wait for the enemy to make a mistake. Aggression is so easily punished with large team sizes, only in the late game when the numbers thin out do you see real opportunities to do something ballsy. Ergo the solution is to reduce team sizes from 15v15 to 10v10 or perhaps even smaller than that. 

godofdun #51 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 20:58

Major

• Players
  • 14457 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostMikosah, on Mar 05 2018 - 12:25, said:

That may not encourage camping quite as much, but it doesn't encourage aggression either. No matter how the chevrons are divvied out, when players want to win the vast majority take it slow and wait for the enemy to make a mistake. Aggression is so easily punished with large team sizes, only in the late game when the numbers thin out do you see real opportunities to do something ballsy. Ergo the solution is to reduce team sizes from 15v15 to 10v10 or perhaps even smaller than that. 

Oh yeah, I'd be game for that as well, especially if they are going to be insistent on including maps like Ensk and Mines etc. :sceptic:

golruul #52 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 21:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20922 battles

View Postgolruul, on Mar 05 2018 - 00:21, said:

Good:

Bad:

Minor UI annoyance I forgot to post:

If I remember correctly at rank 12 I had a badge that featured 3 stars on it?  Why?  I do remember at some lower ranks the stars/bars correspond to your actual rank (i.e. 4 bars = rank 4).  I was constantly confused at my actual rank that I kept hovering my mouse over my badge to see what my actual rank was.  It should be more clear at-a-glance to see what your rank is when you look at your badge.

bondushtika #53 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 21:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 30352 battles
  • [BOND] BOND
So how do we know what league we were in at the end? I cant seem to find anything about tiers or cutoffs for each league 1-3...how do we know where the cutoffs were?

_Kilo__ #54 Posted Mar 05 2018 - 22:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40296 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Postbondushtika, on Mar 05 2018 - 15:22, said:

So how do we know what league we were in at the end? I cant seem to find anything about tiers or cutoffs for each league 1-3...how do we know where the cutoffs were?

https://worldoftanks.com/en/ratings/ranked/#wot&w_p=1

Redwave11 #55 Posted Mar 06 2018 - 06:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17623 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View Postgolruul, on Mar 06 2018 - 06:05, said:

Minor UI annoyance I forgot to post:

If I remember correctly at rank 12 I had a badge that featured 3 stars on it?  Why?  I do remember at some lower ranks the stars/bars correspond to your actual rank (i.e. 4 bars = rank 4).  I was constantly confused at my actual rank that I kept hovering my mouse over my badge to see what my actual rank was.  It should be more clear at-a-glance to see what your rank is when you look at your badge.

It was a little odd but there was a pattern.

If i recall correctly it went as follows:

Rank 1: 1 Horizontal line

Rank 2: 2 Horizontal lines

Rank 3: 3 Horzontal lines

Rank 4: 4 Horizontal lines

Rank 5: 1 Vertical Line

Rank 6: 2 Vertical Lines

Rank 7: 3 Vertical Lines

Rank 8: 4 Vertical Lines

Rank 9: 5 Vertical Lines

Rank 10: 1 Small star

Rank 11: 2 Small Starts

Rank 12: 3 Small stars

Rank 13: 1 Medium Star

Rank 14: 2 Medium Stars

Rank 15: 1 Large Star

Note that the visual system for depicting ranking changes at every rank where there was a rank shield (shown in bold). It wasn't inherently intuitive but once you understood the pattern you could easily know the rank by glance.

P.S. where are my rewards? how hard could it be to pay them out. IDK maybe they are checking for cheats but i thought they just did that.

Edited by Redwave11, Mar 06 2018 - 06:59.

irsharp #56 Posted Mar 08 2018 - 00:17

Private

• Players
  • 38302 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
WOT has to fix how xp is given out in ranked battles.  When a player can yolo at the beginning of a match and catch spotting xp and die in 60 seconds and really contribute NOTHING to the match yet another player do 2000+ damage and get 2 kills and be award less xp is crazy.  I saw this happen in just about every game I was in its broken and wot needs to stop rewarding tankers for dying in 60seconds! Its the difference of maintaining a rank, gaining a rank, or losing a rank.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users