MM unbalanced lopsided loser teams

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Flarvin #41 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 00:33

Major

• Players
  • 50209 battles

View Postawildseaking, on Feb 08 2018 - 18:24, said:

Treating the FCM 50t and the VK 100.01P as different tanks is not "dumbing down" matchmaking. It's called balance.

Yes it is. Because then players won’t need to learn how to use their tank when one team has a FCM 50t and the other a VK 100.01P. 

Having teams mirrored in exact roles of tanks, simplifies WoT. Or dumbing down by another term.

Balancing every little aspect is dumbing down and making the game boring. 

Heck, let’s go true balanced for you. Same tank for everyone. So you can play your tank the exact same every battle. Don’t want variety, because that might force players to adapt. 

awildseaking #42 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 00:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10284 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

View PostFlarvin, on Feb 08 2018 - 18:33, said:

Yes it is. Because then players won’t need to learn how to use their tank when one team has a FCM 50t and the other a VK 100.01P. 

Having teams mirrored in exact roles of tanks, simplifies WoT. Or dumbing down by another term.

Balancing every little aspect is dumbing down and making the game boring. 

Heck, let’s go true balanced for you. Same tank for everyone. So you can play your tank the exact same every battle. Don’t want variety, because that might force players to adapt. 

You can't learn to play the 50t as a super heavy. It doesn't fit the role. It plays like an MT that can ram and trade with its health pool. If maps were better balanced, you might have a point, but the fact remains that most maps are all or nothing. You either need armor and pen to fight in 3 lane MOBA maps or you need mobility to take important positions. There are very few maps in-between.

Providing each team with the necessary tanks to play the map accordingly cannot possibly dumb down the game. Quite the opposite; it makes lopsided matches more competitive because you can actually play the team and not lose because a dice roll didn't go your way.

Your strawman is pathetic. There is no comparison between placing everyone in the same tank and making sure that each team can complete critical roles. An honest comparison would be similar to making the number of each tank class equal per team.

Edited by awildseaking, Feb 09 2018 - 00:53.

Flarvin #43 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 01:10

Major

• Players
  • 50209 battles

View Postawildseaking, on Feb 08 2018 - 18:52, said:

You can't learn to play the 50t as a super heavy. It doesn't fit the role. It plays like an MT that can ram and trade with its health pool. If maps were better balanced, you might have a point, but the fact remains that most maps are all or nothing. You either need armor and pen to fight in 3 lane MOBA maps or you need mobility to take important positions. There are very few maps in-between.

Providing each team with the necessary tanks to play the map accordingly cannot possibly dumb down the game. Quite the opposite; it makes lopsided matches more competitive because you can actually play the team and not lose because a dice roll didn't go your way.

Your strawman is pathetic. There is no comparison between placing everyone in the same tank and making sure that each team can complete critical roles. An honest comparison would be similar to making the number of each tank class equal per team.

Who said to learn to play a 50t as a super heavy?

Playing a tank the exact same way every match is what you want. No need to learn to adapt, just set moves to the same places. 

Sorry, but I don’t want WoT dumbed down. I like to use the count down to study the teams’ makeup, to determine how I can be the most helpful to my team for a win. I check team’s weaknesses and strengths base on their tanks. You know, things I took the time to actually learn. 

But I guess I should drool on my keyboard during the count down like what it seems most do. And have WG change WoT so I never have to learn to adapt. We don’t want players to have to use their brains to overcome a disadvantage. Just mindless go to the same spots, no need to adapt. 

FrozenKemp #44 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 01:22

Major

• Players
  • 45646 battles

View PostHansReichardt, on Feb 08 2018 - 18:17, said:

MM is worse than it has ever been

I went 0-18 after the patch, with many blowouts. Finally won a couple tonight.

The MM was actually fine before the update. They always have to mess with it and make it worse

They didn't do anything to the MM.  What I think happened though, was an influx of rusty or new players attracted by the new patch, resulting in a higher than average number of sub-par players. 

WangOnTheLoose #45 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 06:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24805 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostStiffWind, on Feb 08 2018 - 15:16, said:

OK...first of all, the MM system DOES take your skill into account.  That's how WoT ensures a certain number of blowouts happen.  The blowout rate sits at about 50% now...up from 45% last year.  It stacks teams with one side getting most of the skilled players.  Works like a charm.  XVM reveals this to those who are less astute or simply don't pay attention.  What I've noticed HAS changed is the blowouts are usually not all back to back...they are staggered in with regular (random) games so are less apparent.  Translation:  WoT is trying to hide the fact that they stack games, rather than address the players concerns.  Go figure.

I have no idea why anyone even responds to this liar.  He is obviously just a paid shill for some other company.  His overly pathetic attempts at trolling are really just sad at this point.

VooDooKobra #46 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 06:51

Major

• Players
  • 8114 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostFlarvin, on Feb 08 2018 - 17:10, said:

Playing a tank the exact same way every match is what you want. No need to learn to adapt, just set moves to the same places. 

Sorry, but I don’t want WoT dumbed down. I like to use the count down to study the teams’ makeup, to determine how I can be the most helpful to my team for a win. I check team’s weaknesses and strengths base on their tanks. You know, things I took the time to actually learn. 

But I guess I should drool on my keyboard during the count down like what it seems most do. And have WG change WoT so I never have to learn to adapt. We don’t want players to have to use their brains to overcome a disadvantage. Just mindless go to the same spots, no need to adapt. 

as though more super-heavies are added to game it is my opinion that sooner or later they will have to be treated as their own class of vehicle apart from other heavy tanks.  now i am not talking dumbing down it to me is just the next step in what WG has already done with distributing tank types in battles

StiffWind #47 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 07:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 13456 battles

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Feb 09 2018 - 06:13, said:

I have no idea why anyone even responds to this liar.  He is obviously just a paid shill for some other company.  His overly pathetic attempts at trolling are really just sad at this point.

Says the shill working for this company.

awildseaking #48 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 08:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10284 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

View PostFlarvin, on Feb 08 2018 - 19:10, said:

Alright then, from now on, every team you are on will have 14 arty no matter what tank you play.

You can stop with the strawmen. Unless directly quoting someone, NEVER tell someone what they are "thinking" because you are not that person. You have no [edited]idea what I'm thinking. No, I do not want to play a tank the same way every match. What I want is to have a team that functionally can deal with the opposing team. There are tons of tanks within the same class that play nothing alike. Ex. turreted vs non turreted TD, especially at lower tiers where non turreted TD are glass cannons that depend on DPS and concealment.

I don't know why you are convinced that balancing by tank function will make gameplay even more stale when the current meta is already stale. The lack of flexibility of the team, not the individual tank, makes portions of the map uncompetitive for your team. WG shouldn't give one team blatant advantages because of their team comp. The differences in tanks and player ability serve as adequate distinctions.

You are an extremely condescending [edited]and probably a troll.

Edited by awildseaking, Feb 09 2018 - 08:53.

hudson46 #49 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 17:55

Private

• -Players-
  • 840 battles
I swear war gaming, if you don't stop rigging the matchmaking, I WILL uninstall the game!!

Flarvin #50 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 18:15

Major

• Players
  • 50209 battles

View Postawildseaking, on Feb 09 2018 - 02:46, said:

Alright then, from now on, every team you are on will have 14 arty no matter what tank you play.

You can stop with the strawmen. Unless directly quoting someone, NEVER tell someone what they are "thinking" because you are not that person. You have no [edited]idea what I'm thinking. No, I do not want to play a tank the same way every match. What I want is to have a team that functionally can deal with the opposing team. There are tons of tanks within the same class that play nothing alike. Ex. turreted vs non turreted TD, especially at lower tiers where non turreted TD are glass cannons that depend on DPS and concealment.

I don't know why you are convinced that balancing by tank function will make gameplay even more stale when the current meta is already stale. The lack of flexibility of the team, not the individual tank, makes portions of the map uncompetitive for your team. WG shouldn't give one team blatant advantages because of their team comp. The differences in tanks and player ability serve as adequate distinctions.

You are an extremely condescending [edited]and probably a troll.

Sure I would be willing to play occasionally on a team of all arty. It would definitely be different. lol

But your little scenario is quite impossible, since teams are based on what is in the queue. lol

Now back to reality from your fantasy scenario. Balancing reduces variety, which is a fact. The more balanced teams are, the less a player needs to adapt. Another fact. 

You want to never have to adapt to any disadvantages. Oh no I told you what you are “thinking.” Because that is exactly what you are posting. You never want to learn to use a tank to the best of its ability in situations where it is at a disadvantage. Again exactly what you are posting. 

Sorry, but this ‘troll’ likes using my brain to adapt during a battle. I don’t mind being at disadvantage and having to use my knowledge and skill to overcome it. 

But I understand some don’t like adapting. They know only a few ways to use their tanks. And don’t want to ever be put a disadvantage, due to their lack of knowledge. I am not one of them. 

Flarvin #51 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 18:24

Major

• Players
  • 50209 battles

View PostVooDooKobra, on Feb 09 2018 - 00:51, said:

as though more super-heavies are added to game it is my opinion that sooner or later they will have to be treated as their own class of vehicle apart from other heavy tanks.  now i am not talking dumbing down it to me is just the next step in what WG has already done with distributing tank types in battles

I dislike that the MM is now balancing tank classes. Which does dumb down the game. Players never have to use the count down to determine how to play when the teams are heavy in different classes. Which is one of first things I learned to help my performance.

But that was to much thinking for some, so WG changed it for them. Now some are whining that is not enough, and want to dumb down the MM even more. What’s next, both teams having the exact same tanks. 

Dogsoldier6 #52 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 18:34

Major

• Players
  • 56553 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostFlarvin, on Feb 10 2018 - 18:24, said:

I dislike that the MM is now balancing tank classes. Which does dumb down the game. Players never have to use the count down to determine how to play when the teams are heavy in different classes. Which is one of first things I learned to help my performance.

But that was to much thinking for some, so WG changed it for them. Now some are whining that is not enough, and want to dumb down the MM even more. What’s next, both teams having the exact same tanks. 

Flarvin don't fall out of your chair when I say this, but I agree with most of what you said here.

In battle I have seen players type, "The new MM sucks, my tank isn't the same type heavy as the tank I am paired with!" To which I will type, "Adapt!!!!!"

Kerosedge #53 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 18:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19520 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

Why would they I'm on 6 losses in a row. Just started playing, T8s haven't seen a top tier game yet. It's not like they need a balanced game to keep people playing it or anything. Released more OP tanks this patch that it's just mind blowing.

Wont fix the broken and or power crept T..., well anything. High pen guns matter now, armor don't. Heat spam has broken the armor mechanics. Got way more problems than just the MM.

Pref tanks are getting no love and desperately need it.

Edited by Kerosedge, Feb 10 2018 - 19:00.

dunniteowl #54 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 19:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 20406 battles

Once again, we reach for the aluminum foil in order to make sense of the world around us.  This is so sad.  Reality is just hard to accept without some sort of explanation as to why it's all about YOU.  Like in the movie, "Dr. Strange," when it comes to making sense of that.  You're missing the important component:  It's not about you.

Therefore, all those things you see out there set against you are set against us all in random fashion.  In randomness there are streaks where it seems the deck is entirely stacked against you.  You know there is another aspect to games that we are also supposed to be learning, culturally:  How to deal with adversity with grace and dignity.

Keep practicing, because today you failed miserably.  Don't worry, though.  There's tons more adversity in the game waiting for you to train you up.  Get in there and play!

GL, HF & HSYBF

Project100 #55 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 20:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2694 battles
  • [DHO3] DHO3

View Posthudson46, on Feb 10 2018 - 11:55, said:

I swear war gaming, if you don't stop rigging the matchmaking, I WILL uninstall the game!!

Bye!

View Poststrikemyballs, on Feb 10 2018 - 14:35, said:

This game is crap and has no salvation

Bye!

Flarvin #56 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 20:45

Major

• Players
  • 50209 battles

View PostDogsoldier6, on Feb 10 2018 - 12:34, said:

Flarvin don't fall out of your chair when I say this, but I agree with most of what you said here.

In battle I have seen players type, "The new MM sucks, my tank isn't the same type heavy as the tank I am paired with!" To which I will type, "Adapt!!!!!"

That is my experience too. 

I constantly see people play their tanks the same, regardless of their class or what tanks are on the enemy team. Then cry about the game when they get their rears handed to them.  

I just don’t want WG to dumb down WoT to meet those type of people’s play style. 

NeatoMan #57 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 21:13

Major

• Players
  • 25530 battles
don't you think you could have been more creative and picked a username that doesn't begin with "s" this time?

Project100 #58 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 21:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2694 battles
  • [DHO3] DHO3

View Poststrikemyballs, on Feb 10 2018 - 14:48, said:

You like it so much, go play it and stop ranting on the WoT forums.

Not like your amazing 7 battles worth of experience & wisdom will be missed.

StiffWind #59 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 22:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 13456 battles

View PostProject100, on Feb 10 2018 - 21:17, said:

You like it so much, go play it and stop ranting on the WoT forums.

Not like your amazing 7 battles worth of experience & wisdom will be missed.

Idiots like you chasing folks away is part of what is bringing this game to an end.  Congratulations...you are part of the problem.

Mr_RentAKill #60 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 22:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26176 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
I never realized that they tweaked MM, but it makes sense.  I was actually thinking earlier today that thus far this weekend I haven't seen nearly as many 15-2 type beat downs as I usually do on weekends.  Games have been much more competitive than usual for a weekend.  
Perhaps it's just me getting lucky with MM, but that's what i've noticed. 

Also tagged with MM, unbalanced, lopsided, loser teams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users