[Common Test] Update 1.0 Beta Stage 1 Feedback

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

JTM78 #61 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 03:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20589 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
Just WOW!! Even after all the negative feedback on Sandbox WoT still brought the central features to 1.0 BETA!! The central feature are stealth nerfing artilleries' line of fire! 

The northern spawn on El Halluf are nerfed because of the new castle/towers but the southern spawn's artillery is still good to hammer heavy corner!

The increased height in the northeast corner of Sandriver stops artillery from supporting the hill tanks from the eastern spawn. The added height to the Minarets limits the western spawn artillery from support the heavies in the river bed.

The new castle/towers on Mines just screws artillery out from supporting the hill and the added height has massive limited artillery's line of fire beyond the hill.

I am tired of WoT nerfing artillery and nerfing artillery again. If WoT will do this to artillery WoT will do this to any class in the game and goes to show you what WoT thinks of our game. I am done financially supporting WoT and if this changes go live I am done with WoT.

HOTA_CHATON #62 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 05:01

Major

• Players
  • 12650 battles

View PostKamahl1234, on Feb 08 2018 - 20:50, said:

If anything, a good game testing company would put more Russians by that logic. If you're replacing the game engine, you need to ensure there's as little detriment to the lowest powered systems as possible. 

But they take up the most space on test simply because of all the WoT players, RU players outnumber us by over 20:1. 

Actually, there are well over 2 million RU players so that 20 : 1 is a bit off.    Way off.  They make up the bulk of all players, other than the Chinese server, which is not controlled by WG.

24cups #63 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 13:45

Major

• Players
  • 23045 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
2 things. The red border line is invisible and when you are moving to avoid shots you can easily come to a sudden stop at the invisible wall.
Also I had 1instance in the BC25T where after waiting for a full reload I only had 1 shell loaded, took 1 shot and had to reload which was the death of me.

oldiowaguy #64 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 14:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22722 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

View Post9435, on Feb 11 2018 - 19:02, said:

What we need are new maps.  didn't realize you were that stupid to know that.  Not butthurt, disappointed that it's been 3 years and no new maps.

Paris, Overlord, Nebelberg, and Klondike. Get a new argument. They may not be enough for you, but your argument about no new maps in 3 years is false. There are also multiple posts about new maps they are working on. No links, use the search function.

JTM78 #65 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 15:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20589 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN

WoT what did you do to Erlenberg?? You have totally screwed that map up!! You have removed most of the Southeastern spawns hills, removed most of the Northwest spawns hills, remove the Southwestern TD hill, and just general screwed this map up!

I love the stealth buff to all the tanks that have no or little gun depression because  you have flattened out most of the maps while screwing over any tanks that depend that on ridge line peeking to be useful!!

This is the worst map changes I have seen since playing this game. Bring the BS live I am out.

Edited by JTM78, Feb 12 2018 - 16:02.

SACEUR #66 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 16:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38837 battles
Well I don't have a boss i7 super computer with quad nvidia cards but once I set everything to max, I can say this is the best "graphical" improvement since 8.0

coderod #67 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 17:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9936 battles

First of all I would like to share a "solution" to the problem that I have seen that many suffer, the "updating garage" bug; After trying some solutions that I found in the European forum, I went to the launcher to enter the options and change the "hd client" to the "sd client", bingo !, finally I could enter the game and try it.

The game in general looks very good, despite the bugs that these beta versions always have, but what bothered me most was the zoom bug that happened to me with all the tanks that I played, in addition to showing black areas, the aim did not finish matching the same out of the zoom.

Another mistake I came across was that of the dark houses, specifically on the Nebelburg map.

I ran the game in medium graphics configuration and I had a performance almost equal to the version 9.22, with some fps that ranged between 45-60.

My laptop has an i5 4210-U processor, with 12 gigabytes of RAM and an 840m Nvidia graphic.

Greetings.

PD: Sorry for the bad English, use the google translator.

PD2: I do not put images because for some reason the forum does not let me upload them.

Edited by coderod, Feb 12 2018 - 17:46.

Mikosah #68 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 20:04

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

Update after some testing. Experiencing an issue with the sound effect for incoming damage, even with all my audio sliders in their normal positions incoming hits are muted. Also, bits of debris kicked up by the enhanced destruction physics tend to get stuck on tanks and shake in a very glitchy way. And when the loading bar just finishes often tanks will be rendered with extremely crude geometry and textures. In some extreme cases, tanks that haven't finished rendering won't even be visible at all nor will have indicators or even show up on the minimap for some time. 

Another issue (and this may just be the ping difference between US central and the CT servers) is that the penetration indicator in the reticule seems to want to stay red even when aimed at soft targets. Server reticule is enabled during these instances. In regards to the new icons that pop up when hitting an enemy tank, the information is useful, but the one thing that's disconcerting is that the enemy's name sometimes flashes black during damaging hits. We're used to the current system where if the name flashes black, that means you did nothing. If it flashes white, you dealt a critical. And if I'm not mistaken, it'll flash yellow when you've actually done damage. 

Crazy___Canuck #69 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 01:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24754 battles

While details in CT 1.0 are good, I'm playing on 'maximum' settings and overall brightness is dark, and when adjusting gamma to lighten, it creates harsh contrast.  Also minimap is very dark relative to main viewing screen.  Just an observation.........

Would updating your Nvidia drivers have any affect in this respect?  (Mine are only outdated by a few months btw).  I'm on a i7, 965m card.  

Thanks!

LateralusTOOL #70 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 18:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26109 battles
  • [T00L] T00L
Looks like I am out till I can get all the parts together for a new rig....

Mondochiwan #71 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 18:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11745 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM
You know what I noticed the most about the test server? The low ping, because it's located in Europe. Can you please hurry up transfer me to the EU server like you said you would 5 months ago?

y_KnT #72 Posted Feb 16 2018 - 03:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 65631 battles
  • [MCHNR] MCHNR

AMAZING SOUNTRACK!

i despised the first attempt at a revamp

this one is spectacular

except maybe for the cheesy banjo and harmonica in the live oaks intro

Creeper_Peaper_Reeper #73 Posted Feb 18 2018 - 18:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9918 battles
  • [TURK_] TURK_
A couple of things for me at least. Anything not in the foreground is blurry and has a red blue color shift. The whites are completely blown out and distracting regardless of the gamma setting. The background looked dropped in and the color does not match anything on map. I have a 1070 and 1440p monitor so maybe something on my end. Updated graphics drivers and same thing. It just looks worse than the regular game. Do not see an option for anti aliasing so maybe that is it. And honestly I re ran the demo and it looks nothing like 1.0 that we can play on. Anyone else with these issues.

Crazy___Canuck #74 Posted Feb 23 2018 - 04:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24754 battles

Just looked at the updated beta test today, and my previous concerns regarding excessive color saturation (color contrast is harsh), and gamma adjustment (while better) still only appears to apply to the battlefield screen and not to the garage carousel or borders (very dark vs. battlefield screen) contrary to my ability to lightened and darken my whole screen in 9.22. 

Like the previous poster stated; 'looks worse than the regular game', and 'ran the demo and it looks nothing like 1.0', and I agree.  Hope this can be addressed - or if someone can offer me any advice, I'd certainly appreciate it.  I run on a i7, 965m graphics card, and ultra with a couple things dialed back.  Kinda looks like crap to me vs. 9.22.

Festung #75 Posted Feb 23 2018 - 10:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34878 battles
Update 1.0 polluted my email ID by attaching my PW to it. I can't even log in to send a ticket. It says that 'no such UID' . Then it won't take my phone number even though I don't know why it needs it - wrong format. Frustrating. 

Quigley66 #76 Posted Feb 25 2018 - 15:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 55848 battles
  • [BARK] BARK

Love this game, 50k+battles, bet I'm in top 10% of financial supporters, if 1.0 were to come live in its present state, that ends. Here's why, I miss the entire 30sec countdown and up to 30sec of gameplay while entering game,and game locks up for 5sec blips the first minute, then it plays flawlessly. My system i7, 8gs, Windows 7.0, 7200hd, Geforce 740m which plays 9.22 at 75fps on Med graphics and I always see the entire 30 sec countdown.  IF YOU CANT GET INTO THE GAME U CANT PLAY THE GAME.

DracoNoir #77 Posted Feb 27 2018 - 03:50

Private

• Players
  • 17029 battles

Love the whole package! Map are great! Dynamics and sound are great! Almost like a whole new game!

killer_johnphil #78 Posted Mar 11 2018 - 03:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 15159 battles
  • [GNZX2] GNZX2
I love the gun graphics. the flash and the percussion wave make it a lot more realistic. and watching the round go through the air is a lot better with the new set up. The ability to change tank colors outside what would have been historically accurate or that are random adds some personality to the game, but i feel it takes away from the realism of it. you wouldn't roll around with part of your turret blue, for example, back then. it would stick out and be completely useless when you have your tank hiding in a tree line waiting to ambush enemy armor. I have had issues with delays in the water movement though. along with crashes with the test client. the water movement delay with the waves and splashes inst a big deal as it did not cause the game to lag, that i noticed, while i was flying through it. the crashes are a big deal though. has anyone else had this as an issue or is it just my set up with my system? and as far as the sounds, AMAZING!!!!!!!! they sound more realistic making it so i can immerse myself into the game completely even with me intentionally having my wife and kids make as much noise as they possibly can. for me this is great considering i use WoT as part of my anger management and PTSD treatment. 

Bearcat #79 Posted Mar 30 2018 - 07:12

Private

• Players
  • 63691 battles
  • [EDA] EDA

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Feb 11 2018 - 20:08, said:

Alright.......I'm going to raise this again. 

Is anyone having an issue with overly dark screen, and really harsh contrast?  Played with gamma, made contrast between dark and light really bad.......looks almost cartoonish.  I don't have a complete potato machine, but compared to existing WoT (9.22), it's awful.........is there something I should consider to adjust this?  Initial rendering of the tanks at battle countdown also takes about 5s or so.......when countdown starts, tanks are just a bunch of blobs, lol

In response to :

Crazy___Canuck

I am experiencing the dark tank carousel and post game menues aswell as a few other things.

System has the game running on an Intel 520 series SSD and graphics is an AMD 290 with a 2500K cpu.

Edited by Bearcat, Mar 30 2018 - 07:15.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users