• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Colddawg #1 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 15:23

Major

• Players
  • 45473 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

Observed the following bugs:

• When a tank is first lit the puffs of smoke from the engine shoot forward of the tank. (common)
  • Shells don't actually impact the vehicle (video and audio), but damage is registered. (common)
  • When firing artillery from alternate God-eye view then going back to 3rd person there was an extra recoil sound after the completion of the full audio file. (unconfirmed)
  • Tessellation doesn't affect the tank.  Causes dead tanks to float a foot or two off the ground. (common)
  • Track marks have no depth. (common)
  • (Compared to Sandbox test) Vehicles don't tessellate the ground at all when they use to. (common)
  • Game locks up (infinite updating bug) when changing from Full Screen to another monitor after exiting a battle. (unconfirmed conditions)

Map Bugs:

• Siegfried Line, Bunker in the south field towards the center west of the field, you can drive in and stuff about 6 tanks into it but can't get out. (confirmed)

If anyone has any others please feel free to add them here.  Add video/screenshot if available.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #2 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 16:23

Major

• Players
  • 75721 battles
That second item is a major problem. You have no idea that you are getting hit. I had to stop playing it because of this.

Hellsfog #3 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 16:56

Major

• Players
  • 33783 battles
  • [_SF_] _SF_

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Feb 09 2018 - 10:23, said:

That second item is a major problem. You have no idea that you are getting hit. I had to stop playing it because of this.

Same. No impact sounds. Other sound effects seem to work fine.

I haven't seen the others mentioned but will look for them.

Edited by Hellsfog, Feb 09 2018 - 16:57.

Austin8585 #4 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 18:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 10869 battles

Input on new update:

+Graphics are amazing.  Love how everything looks so bright, and such great contrast.  All maps feel alot less gloomy, and tanks seem to actually drive better.

+New textures add so much depth, and really a leap forward. 

+Sounds are SO much better, big guns sound like big guns.

-Horrible load times to get into battle.  On 9.22 I do not have an issue, and am always loaded into the game before the 30 second timer ever starts, I am usually the first in before others connect into battle.  But on THIS Beta, My PC is struggling to move that bar for a solid minute to get into battle, and I can actually hear it at full load (ram under load). 

-Getting "Updating the garage" and it freezing.  MULTIPLE times.  I would literally say 40% of the time I have tried beta, it freezes somewhere at "updating the garage" to where I have to end-task on it.  I NEVER have this issue with WOT until this version.  Never ever had a problem.  It is doing this upon loading the game to the garage, but usually, 80% of the time it freezes up is AFTER a battle is over.  I can see the garage, I can see my scorecard in the background, but it is stuck at "updating" so I cannot click on anything in the garage, I have to wait.  Problem is this message never goes away, I have to End Task on it, every single time it sticks here more than a second it freezes. 

-With the new remodeling, it seems like there is alot less vegetation, which also makes some of these maps seem really barren in comparison.  A few bushes or at least a tree here or there is nice, but alot of just barren land sometimes looks strange without anything in the field. 

-Seems like I get spotted much easier.  In any tank, and one reason is also I think there is less vegetation which increases chances.  And in arty, even hidden in bushes, with camo net active and not moving, I was spotted by a light tank halfway across the map.  I never had this happen as much.

-Seems like arty hiding spots on some maps were forgotten or removed on current HD maps.  That's an issue because with the better spotting mechanics (light tanks that are faster, have improved optics, can get halfway up before i can even get to one side of the map or get in position as arty etc, its become much harder to play arty, sometimes you are unrealistically spotted when the tank that spotted you is too far away.   Not in a good way, I can get lit up doing everything right, where Pre-HD I can at least hide in a spot and the camo works until they get closer (basically its like bushes are also not providing the same level of camo as before).

-I timed how long it took to get in a battle.  Click battle, then the next screen appears with the progress bar as it is loading the map.  I timed it, 1m20 bar started to move.  It was at 0% progress under 100% load for 1m20sec.  Then at 1m40 screen loaded into the battle (battle timer showed 14mins, so I loaded 1 minute after game started).  Then it took an additional 30 seconds before the HD textures appeared (vehicle I was driving was super low-res version for first 30 seconds of battle).  This has happened multiple times, it seems to really struggle loading up into the game.  I also have a top-notch PC (gaming bought 1 year ago) with overdone specs, and I never have this issue (even on 9.22 live wot game). 

-I get "lost connection" with server, sometimes it happens in this 1 minute that I am waiting for the map to load, it just kicks me back to login screen.  Then I have to go through another 1+ minute load time since it launches and then has to re-load the battle I was in.  Sometimes when I finally get in I am already dead because 2 minutes has passed and I was still on cap.

-No impact sounds.  Literally silent when I get hit, have checked sound options and everything is enabled.

CrinZin #5 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 20:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26307 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
On several of the new maps, the bushes do not move out of the way as in other maps.  I hope this is just a bug :)

Colddawg #6 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 20:53

Major

• Players
  • 45473 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

View PostCrinZin, on Feb 09 2018 - 14:40, said:

On several of the new maps, the bushes do not move out of the way as in other maps.  I hope this is just a bug :)

Can you be more specific?  Which maps?  Grid locations?  Specific pushes?  Screenshots?

Colddawg #7 Posted Feb 09 2018 - 20:58

Major

• Players
  • 45473 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

View PostAustin8585, on Feb 09 2018 - 12:26, said:

Input on new update:

+Graphics are amazing.  Love how everything looks so bright, and such great contrast.  All maps feel alot less gloomy, and tanks seem to actually drive better.

+New textures add so much depth, and really a leap forward. 

+Sounds are SO much better, big guns sound like big guns.  (Not a bug)

-Horrible load times to get into battle.  On 9.22 I do not have an issue, and am always loaded into the game before the 30 second timer ever starts, I am usually the first in before others connect into battle.  But on THIS Beta, My PC is struggling to move that bar for a solid minute to get into battle, and I can actually hear it at full load (ram under load).  (Not a bug)

-Getting "Updating the garage" and it freezing.  MULTIPLE times.  I would literally say 40% of the time I have tried beta, it freezes somewhere at "updating the garage" to where I have to end-task on it.  I NEVER have this issue with WOT until this version.  Never ever had a problem.  It is doing this upon loading the game to the garage, but usually, 80% of the time it freezes up is AFTER a battle is over.  I can see the garage, I can see my scorecard in the background, but it is stuck at "updating" so I cannot click on anything in the garage, I have to wait.  Problem is this message never goes away, I have to End Task on it, every single time it sticks here more than a second it freezes. 

-With the new remodeling, it seems like there is alot less vegetation, which also makes some of these maps seem really barren in comparison.  A few bushes or at least a tree here or there is nice, but alot of just barren land sometimes looks strange without anything in the field.  (Not a bug, is feedback on map changes.  Personally I feel the maps look much more believable and real, haven't seen any odd looking places.)

-Seems like I get spotted much easier.  In any tank, and one reason is also I think there is less vegetation which increases chances.  And in arty, even hidden in bushes, with camo net active and not moving, I was spotted by a light tank halfway across the map.  I never had this happen as much. (Not a bug, but is feedback)

-Seems like arty hiding spots on some maps were forgotten or removed on current HD maps.  That's an issue because with the better spotting mechanics (light tanks that are faster, have improved optics, can get halfway up before i can even get to one side of the map or get in position as arty etc, its become much harder to play arty, sometimes you are unrealistically spotted when the tank that spotted you is too far away.   Not in a good way, I can get lit up doing everything right, where Pre-HD I can at least hide in a spot and the camo works until they get closer (basically its like bushes are also not providing the same level of camo as before). (Not a bug)

-I timed how long it took to get in a battle.  Click battle, then the next screen appears with the progress bar as it is loading the map.  I timed it, 1m20 bar started to move.  It was at 0% progress under 100% load for 1m20sec.  Then at 1m40 screen loaded into the battle (battle timer showed 14mins, so I loaded 1 minute after game started).  Then it took an additional 30 seconds before the HD textures appeared (vehicle I was driving was super low-res version for first 30 seconds of battle).  This has happened multiple times, it seems to really struggle loading up into the game.  I also have a top-notch PC (gaming bought 1 year ago) with overdone specs, and I never have this issue (even on 9.22 live wot game).  (Not a bug, but is feedback on HD changes.)

-I get "lost connection" with server, sometimes it happens in this 1 minute that I am waiting for the map to load, it just kicks me back to login screen.  Then I have to go through another 1+ minute load time since it launches and then has to re-load the battle I was in.  Sometimes when I finally get in I am already dead because 2 minutes has passed and I was still on cap. (Not a bug, poor server connection)

-No impact sounds.  Literally silent when I get hit, have checked sound options and everything is enabled.

Galjin #8 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 01:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19658 battles
  • [DHO2] DHO2
only played a few games,  the only new issue other than some of the ones already listed is that I didn't notice any visible map borders,  I like the wide open feeling but that sudden stop when the tank hits the border is a wthmoment...  

IRON___COFFIN #9 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 02:02

Private

• Players
  • 18131 battles
On day one, when I zoomed in an another tank the screen went bright green and when I zoomed out it returned to normal detail. On day two this was not happening? So I am hoping it is fixed and will not return.

PunCzarBlintz #10 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 03:27

Major

• Players
  • 75076 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

Many of the tall fir trees (on multiple maps) cannot be knocked down (no trunks)....

How am I supposed to make a nest?

Austin8585 #11 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 06:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 10869 battles

"Updating garage"  - HUGE Bug to squash.  I have never in my 3 years playing had an issue with this until now.  Now it's doing it when I load WOT, I can't even choose a tank and click battle because as soon as WOT loads it says "updating garage" and freezes.  Waited up to 5 minutes with this message and still frozen, only thing you can do is End Task on it and restart WOT. 
-Updating Garage Bug-when loading into WOT garage

-Updating Garage Bug-when exiting a battle and it loads the garage again.  I can see scorecard, I can see tank, but I cannot click on anything because of "updating garage."

I would say, no joke, half of my time playing WOT Test1 has been spent literally dealing with this bug.

-When the game crashes due to "updating garage" all -saved- settings return to default.  So the music I have turned off comes back as half, the resolution goes back to full-screen instead of windowed.

I was watching Anfield doing a review of the new maps today and his froze in the exact same place as mine, it's not isolated to me.

GlamoRousTank #12 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 15:52

Private

• Players
  • 18117 battles

Anyone testing out lower tier tanks?? 

Tier 3 through tier 7 average queue time??   or just can't get into any battle? 

I'd like to test out improved equipment on different tanks.. but can't seem to get into any battles with lower tier tanks. 

Edited by GlamoRousTank, Feb 10 2018 - 16:00.

Colddawg #13 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 17:02

Major

• Players
  • 45473 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

View PostIRON___COFFIN, on Feb 09 2018 - 20:02, said:

On day one, when I zoomed in an another tank the screen went bright green and when I zoomed out it returned to normal detail. On day two this was not happening? So I am hoping it is fixed and will not return.

Some people are fixing this with VSYNC on.

Project100 #14 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 21:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2694 battles
  • [DHO3] DHO3

View PostGlamoRousTank, on Feb 10 2018 - 09:52, said:

I'd like to test out improved equipment on different tanks.. but can't seem to get into any battles with lower tier tanks. 

Nah, mate. Test server is all about playing with Tier 10's that you don't actually have to work for.

BLKMGK #15 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 01:04

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 16929 battles
  • [_T4L_] _T4L_

View PostGlamoRousTank, on Feb 10 2018 - 14:52, said:

THIS! I honestly don't like Tier X tanks that much - and I own a few. I prefer the mid-tier tanks, near as I can tell almost no testing is being done on the mid and lower tier tanks\maps. :(

BLKMGK #16 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 01:05

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 16929 battles
  • [_T4L_] _T4L_

View PostGaljin, on Feb 10 2018 - 00:10, said:

only played a few games,  the only new issue other than some of the ones already listed is that I didn't notice any visible map borders,  I like the wide open feeling but that sudden stop when the tank hits the border is a wthmoment...  

Check your settings for borders. Mine wasn't set and I couldn't see a border until I hit it. Settings for dotted line and a red line exist, once checked this was fine for me. If yours is checked and not visible they will want to know for sure.

Project100 #17 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 16:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2694 battles
  • [DHO3] DHO3

View PostHellsfog, on Feb 09 2018 - 10:56, said:

Same. No impact sounds. Other sound effects seem to work fine.

I haven't seen the others mentioned but will look for them.

Oh, yes. Huge problem with missing impact sounds.

Nearly every battle ends with me going "What? I'm dead?"

Savage__Apples #18 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 21:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37427 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

View PostColddawg, on Feb 09 2018 - 06:23, said:

Observed the following bugs:

• When a tank is first lit the puffs of smoke from the engine shoot forward of the tank. (common)--Have not confirmed 
  • Shells don't actually impact the vehicle (video and audio), but damage is registered. (common)--hit and miss depending on vehicle, 113 worked fine and 430U nothing
  • When firing artillery from alternate God-eye view then going back to 3rd person there was an extra recoil sound after the completion of the full audio file. (unconfirmed)--Have not confirmed
  • Tessellation doesn't affect the tank.  Causes dead tanks to float a foot or two off the ground. (common)---Confirmed, all dead tanks floating on top of a bomb crater that suddelny appears when they die, fast tanks will be just beyond crater if moving at speed at time of death
  • Track marks have no depth. (common)--Only real track traces seen are where there is no flora, just dirt
  • (Compared to Sandbox test) Vehicles don't tessellate the ground at all when they use to. (common)
  • Game locks up (infinite updating bug) when changing from Full Screen to another monitor after exiting a battle. (unconfirmed conditions)--Have this issue with normal server as well. Think it is something to do with last Windows 10 Update

Map Bugs:

• Siegfried Line, Bunker in the south field towards the center west of the field, you can drive in and stuff about 6 tanks into it but can't get out. (confirmed)

If anyone has any others please feel free to add them here.  Add video/screenshot if available.

Map Bug: Nebelburg, can pass through trees without knocking them over like they are bushes around the southwest of castle.

InsolentHag #19 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 21:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 16221 battles

After playing several maps I noticed two major issues so far:

1. No sound at all when you receive damage - that has to be fixed. Game is real PIA to play with this.

2. Gamma settings should be fixed - all new game is way to bright on the screen on default setting. If you adjust gamma setting bar all the way to the left, game is quite playable then with almost acceptable brightness, but still - I would suggest some fixing done in that field to make gamma adjustment way more flexible towards reducing brightness of the screen.

Colddawg #20 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 03:48

Major

• Players
  • 45473 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-
There's no real sounds of objects falling on tanks.  This takes away from the immersion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users