Chassis Swap, needing guidance.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

JLdragon #1 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 00:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 14546 battles
  • [SF-V] SF-V
Working on an E50M Reskin and minor remodel.. totally noob at it but I have been searching and reading many forum on how to do "parts swap".
Using SD client btw.
I want to use the chassis from either the Panther 1 or Indien-Panzer and place it on the E50M.
What I have done so far.
extracted the Vehicle tier folders from the .pkg files via 7zip
copied all the chassis files into the lods, crash, collision, and normal folders.
Downloaded wottools, notepad++, and I know there something that has to do with scripts files.. totally unclear what and or where to look for extract, decrypt, etc.. to make this work.
do I need to rename / copy and or replace any of the .DDS files located in the vehicle folders?

I have been searching the forums and I find bits and pieces of how this is done but yet to find a successful working step by step guide.
any help on this would be greatly appreciated so that I can finish this reskin of my E50M.
When I get done with the reskin and parts swap I will be happy to post the new detailed reskin on my Tank skin thread available for all to enjoy, IF I can get it to work LOL.

and YES I know I will be the only one who will see it..

Edited by JLdragon, Feb 10 2018 - 00:12.

JLdragon #2 Posted Today, 12:03 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14546 battles
  • [SF-V] SF-V

ok so I've had this post up for over a week now and honestly by now I would think someone would know about this considering how many remodelers we have in this game.. I would really appreciate the help on this..

As I stated B4, I have downloaded and installed Wottools, notepad++. and yes I know I will have to replace the , with a . in the .xml files.

I have searched high and low in every directory folder of my WoT and I have yet to find any .xml files that contain the information needed to complete this chassis swap..

I am wanting to use the Panther Medium chassis on the E50M chassis.

I have figured out that I have to copy and paste the panther chassis files from the lod, normal, crash into the E50M folder. its the rest of the total swap I am having trouble with.

do also copy the panther chassis .DDS file into the E50M folder and rename it accordingly?

or is that something that has to do with the .xml file info? and if so..

do I need to do the recolor on the panther tracks so that they look the way I want them too on the E50M recolor?

ANY kind of REAL help on this would be extremely helpful so that I can completely finish this recolor so that I can get it posted and available for anyone to use it.

I am using the SD World of Tanks client, just as an FYI.

Edited by JLdragon, Today, 12:08 AM.

Fett713 #3 Posted Today, 01:29 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30174 battles
  • [BSI] BSI
You would take the panther lod0 files for the chassis, take the .model drag n drop into wottools, save it as .xml, delete the.xml after so it turns back to decompiled .model. open with notepad++, delete the parent and extant lines (this part allows you to only pack and use the lod0 by the way, no need for lod1-4), then save. Now with chassis swaps it gets tricky depending on the exhaust lines, so it can sometimes not jive right and you end up with a mess, so you may need further help for that. I'm not sure how either are written as I've not ever looked into either tanks visual processed files, which is where you will need to look. The primitives file you don't need to do anything with I believe except for outright remodeling. The skinning part can be whatever way you want to do it, either have the chassis reskin in the panthers folder, or you can put it in the e50's folder, if you go with e50 so it's all in one folder, then you have to redirect the .model and .visual-processed to look there. Hope this helps you out, if there's issues due to the exhaust lines, we can ask one of the other guys about it, I myself haven't attempted any chassis swaps so, not really sure there.

Edited by Fett713, Today, 01:30 AM.

JLdragon #4 Posted Today, 04:16 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14546 battles
  • [SF-V] SF-V

tyvm for the info Fett.. glad to see that at least there are a few of ya out there willing to step up and help out.. I will follow your info and see how far i get with it.. hoping it will go well..

as far as the exhaust lines go, I'm guessing that most likely has something to do with how the model is built and then assembled into the game, but as far as i can tell by looking.. the panther, Panther II, E50, and E50M practically share the same body style and exhaust setup. The E50M is just a larger bulkier version of the panther in comparison in the game..

Again i appreciate the help :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

JLdragon