★ Top 5 WORST Tanks in the Game ★

The Scorpions Den Scorpiany ELC Even 90 Churchill GC Churchill VII T-34-2 Pz. III K worst tanks frustrating difficult

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

I_QQ_4_U #181 Posted Oct 31 2018 - 18:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 18341 battles

The only complaint I have with the EVEN 90's gun is it's horrendous reload, other than that I thought it was surprisingly good for a light tank. What seems to odd with it is it handles like an SPG for being one of the smallest tanks in the game.

Scorpiany #182 Posted Nov 01 2018 - 02:26

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 34028 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View Post21Blackjack, on Oct 31 2018 - 10:12, said:

The Pz III K? LOL

Play the Sentinel some time and you'll beg for your "crappy Pz III" back. 

Sentinel isn't a good tank, but it's far from being one of the worst. In fact, the Sentinal compares very favorably to the Pz. III K in a direct comparison... And Sentinal is 1 whole Tier lower... Which speaks to just how atrocious the Pz. III K actually is.

Edited by Scorpiany, Nov 01 2018 - 02:27.

black_colt #183 Posted Nov 02 2018 - 15:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 3737 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Oct 31 2018 - 17:26, said:

Sentinel isn't a good tank, but it's far from being one of the worst. In fact, the Sentinal compares very favorably to the Pz. III K in a direct comparison... And Sentinal is 1 whole Tier lower... Which speaks to just how atrocious the Pz. III K actually is.

What about a comparison of the Pz. III K to the Matilda Black Prince ...

Pepino1976 #184 Posted Nov 02 2018 - 17:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 34662 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Nov 02 2018 - 06:49, said:

What about a comparison of the Pz. III K to the Matilda Black Prince ...

Matilda Black Prince is way better then the Pz. III K. I wish I kept the replay but just last night I got 6 kills in mine on Fisherman's Bay. The Matilda BP is very slow but it has a very high rate of fire. It can really chew up some tanks.

Edit. Added to show the strength of the Matilda BP.

Here. I played my Matilda BP once today as I am training my Firefly crew in my British premiums finishing the 4th complete skill before I move them into the Centurion AX.

4 Kills only today.

http://wotreplays.eu...da_black_prince

Edited by Pepino1976, Nov 02 2018 - 22:48.

black_colt #185 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 01:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 3737 battles

View PostPepino1976, on Nov 02 2018 - 08:32, said:

Matilda Black Prince is way better then the Pz. III K. I wish I kept the replay but just last night I got 6 kills in mine on Fisherman's Bay. The Matilda BP is very slow but it has a very high rate of fire. It can really chew up some tanks.

Edit. Added to show the strength of the Matilda BP.

Here. I played my Matilda BP once today as I am training my Firefly crew in my British premiums finishing the 4th complete skill before I move them into the Centurion AX.

4 Kills only today.

http://wotreplays.eu...da_black_prince

Thanks for the link - will look at tonight and perhaps I will reconsider my opinion on the Matilda Black Prince ...

Yes the gun is very good, but the turret front is similar to the Churchill III [flat and everything seems to pen it] and I having a very difficult time with speed as I am still a noobie and do not know the maps very well to be able to quickly assess the enemy deployment and determine the best way to counter.

Have the same frustration with my FCM 36 Pak 40 in terms of mobility - now if I could just find an Escargot de la mort emblem to stick on it ...

Edited by black_colt, Nov 06 2018 - 01:27.

silbervogel #186 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 02:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48504 battles
  • [LURK] LURK

I'd place FV 215B at #5 with its' 44.9% WR

elc even can at least be very useful if you get a scout map

Edited by silbervogel, Nov 06 2018 - 02:35.

NERORATH #187 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 03:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27543 battles
For me in terms of tier 10s I would say the E5 has to be considered one of the worst nowadays. Every non super heavy tank can smack it around and this is evident in the expected values to 3 mark. It is quite a bit under any other tier 10 I have seen and is up to 1k combined lower than some other non reward tanks at that tier. Tier 10 mediums can solo you if you're not careful since you have no actual armor, even against 8s. With how the MM environment is nowadays they should have just kept the top hatch as it was when it was over buffed. 

Captain_Rownd #188 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 06:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2557 battles

View Post21Blackjack, on Oct 31 2018 - 07:12, said:

Play the Sentinel some time and you'll beg for your "crappy Pz III" back. 

I play my Sentinel occasionally, and I don't understand what the fuss is?  Was it buffed at some point?

Edited by Captain_Rownd, Nov 06 2018 - 06:15.

FrozenKemp #189 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 11:53

Major

• Players
  • 48500 battles

Well the Sentinel isn't exactly great. 

For black_colt:

As far as the Matilda BP goes and deploying it - I suggest trying to learn short routes to battle. Avoid hills because your power to weight is very slow so you will lose abnormally large amounts of your slow speed.  I personally don't try to counter enemy deployment once they are known per se... I figure the best thing to do is to get to the battle as fast as possible so that your gun counts.

Thats_Frosty #190 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 21:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19004 battles
  • [AO] AO
Error404 T-14 not found on list

black_colt #191 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 21:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 3737 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on Nov 06 2018 - 02:53, said:

Well the Sentinel isn't exactly great. 

For black_colt:

As far as the Matilda BP goes and deploying it - I suggest trying to learn short routes to battle. Avoid hills because your power to weight is very slow so you will lose abnormally large amounts of your slow speed.  I personally don't try to counter enemy deployment once they are known per se... I figure the best thing to do is to get to the battle as fast as possible so that your gun counts.

Thanks for the cogent, concise, and relevant game-play suggestion - I will keep that in mind.

Will also look for the map dissections on YouTube - do you have a suggestions on who to look for on YouTube?

black_colt #192 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 21:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 3737 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Nov 05 2018 - 16:23, said:

Thanks for the link - will look at tonight and perhaps I will reconsider my opinion on the Matilda Black Prince ...

Yes the gun is very good, but the turret front is similar to the Churchill III [flat and everything seems to pen it] and I having a very difficult time with speed as I am still a noobie and do not know the maps very well to be able to quickly assess the enemy deployment and determine the best way to counter.

Have the same frustration with my FCM 36 Pak 40 in terms of mobility - now if I could just find an Escargot de la mort emblem to stick on it ...

Watched the replay last night and gained some insights into the vehicle - thanks for posting.

AZandEL #193 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 22:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27657 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Feb 10 2018 - 01:10, said:

After watching QB's video on the worst tanks in the game, I decided to make my own list. Except instead of using statistics from VBAddict, I'm going to use the reality of gameplay from a Super Unicum perspective to assess these tanks. I only included Tier 5 tanks and higher. The tanks are rated by the following factors:

• Reliability (lack of)
  • Ease of play (difficulty)
  • Carry potential (inability to win)
  • Flexibility (lack of)
  • Fun Factor (frustration)

Let's get right into it, shall we? :teethhappy:

#1 - Pz. III K: A true joke and a half of a tank.

The Pz. III K would make for a very average Tier 4 tank, let alone placing it at Tier 5. The Pz. III K lacks any redeeming features you would want to see in a tank. The mobility is sluggish. The armor is meaningless. And the gun is absolutely horrendous.

While it does have 10 degrees of gun depression, this may still be the worst gun in the game. The reason for this is the gun handling. It's one of the worst values in the game... Even when you include artillery! In fact, the Pz. III K has worse gun handling than 23 out of 26 arty, when comparing it to all artillery pieces Tier 6 through Tier 10.

So what you're left with, is a slow, unarmored medium tank with a gun bloom larger than what even SPG's get. Brilliant. And they tried to get people to spend money on this thing? They'd have to pay ME to play it.

Reliability: 0/10 - The Pz. III K is as unreliable as a tank can possible get in this game. With a gun that disperses more than artillery, and armor that rarely works, you don't know whether your tank will explode as you leave your base, or whether it will be the next tree you hit that destroys it. And shooting... You may as well be blindfolded while shooting that gun.

Ease of Play: 3/10 - The 10 degrees of gun depression makes it fairly obvious what you should do. Try to support your allies from a ridgeline. The only problem is that the gun won't hit anything, and your armor won't hold up at all. Good luck. You'll need it.

Carry Potential: 1/10 - The only time the Pz. III K will ever be able to carry a battle, is if the enemy is already close to death. Then maybe, just maybe, your 610 HP will let you take enough hits to hit a shell.

Flexibility: 4/10​ - Theoretically being a medium with 10 degrees of gun depression should make a tank extremely flexible. But the lack of mobility, the lack of armor and the lack of gun performance means that there are actually very few positions that the tank can do well with.

Fun Factor: 2/10 - The Pz. III K is one of the least fun tanks in the game. The only thing that makes it remotely enjoyable is when Tier 4 and some Tier 5 tanks just can't kill you in time because of your HP pool.

#2 - Churchill GC: It's a box with a gun super-glued onto it.

The Churchill GC is renowned as being one of the worst tanks in the game. So naturally, in true WarGaming fashion, WG nerfed the tank with the HD model. I'm not even kidding - They made it 20% larger in size, and removed the gun mantlet.

So what exactly is a Churchill? It's a drunken love child of when a tank designer decided it would be a good idea to have a giant turret-like gun department on a tank, that doesn't actually have any of the advantages of a turret, such as turning.

Reliability: 5/10 - Surprisingly enough, the gun on the Churchill GC is actually pretty good for Tier 6. It's not super reliable, especially since you lack a turret or any kind of gun arc, but it nonetheless isn't too terrible.

Ease of Play: 0/10 - How to play a Churchill GC, nobody really knows. You sit in the back and camp, and hope that somebody drives into your line of fire without spotting you. It's frustrating, it's pointless and it's absolutely mind-numbing.

Carry Potential: 1/10 - Carrying in a Churchill GC is about as likely as finding out that you won the lottery. Chances are, you're more likely to wind up dead than it happening. Maybe if the enemy sits still in the open at a distance of 400m. That's about it.

Flexibility: 1/10​ - The Churchill GC also has 10 degrees of gun depression, like the Pz. III K. Usually having 10 degrees of gun depression is a great thing. On this tank, it's just insult to injury. You have a giant hull with a gun mounted at the very bottom of the casing. To shoot anything over a ridge, you'd have to expose your entire tank, regardless of whether you had gun depression or not. It's as though WG just wanted you to suffer - You know, you have 10 degrees of gun depression... But it's useless for you!

Fun Factor: 2/10 - The most fun part about the Churchill GC is selling it and Free XP'ing to the AT-7, only to realize the AT-7 is also a terrible tank. But in seriousness, the Churchill GC has a punchy gun which can occasionally be fun when it goes through Tier 8 armor - Assuming they didn't already spot you and kill you by then.

#3 - T-34-2: Did WarGaming just forget that this tank even exists? Hello? Anyone?

The T-34-2 is what happens when WarGaming forgets to hide the Russian bias in the game... I mean, when WarGaming forgets a tank exists. While just about every other Tier 8 tank in the game has been buffed 10 million times over, the T-34-2 remains sad and lonely, suffering from being absolutely terrible.

But don't worry, WarGaming says that there's no Russian bias in the game. That's why the T-44 is being buffed a third time, while the T-34-2 sits in the dust, now being worse in every single measurable way than the T-44. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go say that the Defender is well balanced so SerB doesn't kick me back to the stone age.

Reliability: 1/10 - The T-34-2 has one of the worst guns on any Tier 8 tank. The 100mm is terrible, the 122mm is terrible, and the Russian T-44 variants of the guns are better in every single way. Nice game balancing, Wargaming.

Ease of Play: 2/10 - You try to use a ridge-line hull-down, then realize you don't have gun depression, realize that the turret armor means nothing, then curl up into the fetal position and cry in a corner. Why didn't you just save your Free XP?

Carry Potential: 2/10 - If you're top Tier in 3/5/7 MM, maybe you can win a battle. If you're playing in any other matchup, you'll need your team to carry you.

Flexibility: 3/10​ - The tank is somewhat fast, but that's about it. It's far from being quick, the guns are bad and the tank has no gun depression. Not even the armor really accomplishes much.

Fun Factor: 2/10 - The only fun you'll ever have with this tank is if you're top Tier, and even then you'll spend the entire battle thinking about how much better every single Tier 8 tank in the game is compared to your rust bucket.

#4 - Churchill VII: You thought British tanks had gun depression? You thought wrong!

The Churchill VII is a slap in the face for those grinding up the British heavy line, or any British line for that matter. The British mediums and lights have great gun depression. The top Tier British heavies have great gun depression. The Churchill VII? Well... It has one of the worst gun depressions in the game for a heavy tank.

For reasons I don't understand, the Churchill VII has a bad gun on a slow platform with questionable armor... And to top it all off, WG gave it 4 degrees of gun depression. Historical or not, this tank is a steaming pile of crap.

Reliability: 1/10 - If by reliable, you mean lucky to get the engine started, then sure, it's very reliable! But other than getting out of base, good luck accomplishing anything with this tank's terrible armor and terrible gun.

Ease of Play: 1/10 - You're a support tank in theory, but how you're supposed to anything in this tank, I don't know. The gun struggles to penetrate most tanks. The armor gets penned by most everything. The slightest fallen leaf on the ground and you can't depress your gun to shoot the enemy. Wanting to go back to the Garage yet? Good, you won't be far from the Garage anyway.

Carry Potential: 0/10 - Carrying in this tank? Not going to happen. Tier 5 tanks will farm you. Tier 4 tanks will farm you. Anyone that doesn't sit in front of you and auto-aim at your frontal hull will pick apart your tank, while you try to dismantle the front of your hull so you can point the gun remotely down.

Flexibility: 0/10​ - This may be the least flexible tank in the game. It's slow, large, has unreliable armor and has horrendous gun depression on an already bad gun. All of a sudden, the T-34-2 seems appealing. At least that tank has an engine!

Fun Factor: 0/10 - Quite possibly one of the most mind-numbing tanks in the game, the best that you can do is look at the Churchill GC and say "Well... At least I have a turret".

#5 - ELC Even 90: It's a load of fun, but it truly is terrible.

Hear me out on this one. I actually think the ELC Even 90 is a lot of fun to play. It's unique, quirky and can do a lot of crazy stuff on the battlefield. But it just doesn't fit into the current meta of the game.

The gun is terrible. In fact, it has one of the worst DPM values in the game. Even the Tier 1 LolTraktor has higher DPM than this tank! It's also sluggish for a light tank, is one of the most fragile Tier 8 tanks in the game, and even has poor View Range as far as light tanks go.

The primary reason why the ELC Even 90 is on this list at all, is because of just how bad the gun is. It is the worst gun on any Tier 8 tank, hands down. As such, it's worth mentioning as one of the worst tanks.

Reliability: 3/10 - The gun has poor gun handling, terrible DPM, a long aim time and mediocre accuracy. The tank's small size also requires you to get lucky with the enemy not hitting you. As such, it's incredibly unreliable.

Ease of Play: 2/10 - Because of the fragile nature, and just how bad the gun is, the tank is far from easy to play. You need to be very careful with your gameplay, smart about your positioning and look for every opportunity you can find. Or you could just sit in a bush. I guess that would work too.

Carry Potential: 4/10 - The ELC Even 90 will rarely carry battles because of how bad the gun is. However, if you get lucky, then you may be able to make something happen.

Flexibility: 5/10​ - The small size and 9 degrees of gun depression actually means the tank can use quite a lot of positions. The only problem is that it can't really do anything to fight from them.

Fun Factor: 8/10 - While the ELC Even 90 isn't very reliable, when things do go your way, it can be absolutely hilarious. You can hide behind a car, you can dodge the most accurate guns if you're at range and in general you can be the most annoying pest on the battlefield.

This was my personal list of the Top 5 worst tanks in the game! If you can, avoid these tanks. Use Free XP, avoid them by all means for the sake of your own sanity. The only exception to this is the ELC Even 90... But buyer beware.

I hope this was a useful write-up! What kind of Top 5 list would you like to see next?

Best of luck out there, both in real life and on the battlefield, tankers! :honoring:

How could you forget the Archer and the AMX 65t

Scorpiany #194 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 17:42

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 34028 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
I finally updated the images so you can actually see them again. Happy? :P

moogleslam #195 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 17:43

Major

• Players
  • 39686 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Nov 07 2018 - 12:42, said:

I finally updated the images so you can actually see them again. Happy? :P

Not when you still have the ELC EVEN 90 in your list :P

Scorpiany #196 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 17:47

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 34028 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View Postmoogleslam, on Nov 07 2018 - 08:43, said:

Not when you still have the ELC EVEN 90 in your list :P

I may find something fitting to replace it. We'll have to see. :hiding:

SquishySupreme #197 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 10:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 439 battles
Most of the smaller tanks are usable as a scout or decoy, but the worst has to be the Crusader.  Absolute worst artillery in the game, enormous grind to get to the next one.  I simply gave up trying to work towards the (quite respectable) 207.  Most people consider this to be the single worst grind in the game, which is why it gets #1 in my list.  Time lost is the biggest factor of all.

KTVindicare #198 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 20:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 5611 battles

I wouldn't count the Tier 4 tanks against anything other than other Tier 4 tanks. The entire tier is filled with so much garbage it's hard to keep track.

I grinded through the A-20 back when it had the original scout matchmaking and I was seeing up to Tier 9 with it. Nothing else compares to how awful that was.

itsJylerTAG #199 Posted Nov 08 2018 - 21:17

Captain

• Players
  • 7706 battles

Dang scorpy, you're still around as well? Good to see you again mate.

As for top 5 worst tanks, i'd have to put any tank with the churchills lack luster gun depression on that list. 

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users