Jump to content


★ Top 5 WORST Tanks in the Game ★

The Scorpions Den Scorpiany ELC Even 90 Churchill GC Churchill VII T-34-2 Pz. III K worst tanks frustrating difficult

  • Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

Omega_Weapon #41 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 09:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 48473 battles
  • 2,064
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostAknazer, on Feb 10 2018 - 03:25, said:

I'm surprised the M3 Lee isn't on the list.  It's a medium that's the size of a HT, is turretless, and plays like a TD.  The armor can be a bit trolly, especially against T3 targets but really it belongs in the land of misfit toys and in no way should it be a med.  MAYBE if it was reclassified as a TD to fit its playstyle would I consider not one of the worst tanks in the game, though it would still be pretty bad.

 

​Lee plays really well as long as you treat it like a weird Medium / TD hybrid. Accuracy too low for long range sniping, but at medium to close range its workable and has the rate of fire to lay down a lot of 75mm hurt. Of course you avoid brawling at all costs because not only is your gun mounted in the hull, its also off to one side. I like the Lee and I feel most of the hate it receives is just cause people don't expect a medium tank to play like that.

Aknazer #42 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 09:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 18366 battles
  • 3,651
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Feb 10 2018 - 09:33, said:

 

​Lee plays really well as long as you treat it like a weird Medium / TD hybrid. Accuracy too low for long range sniping, but at medium to close range its workable and has the rate of fire to lay down a lot of 75mm hurt. Of course you avoid brawling at all costs because not only is your gun mounted in the hull, its also off to one side. I like the Lee and I feel most of the hate it receives is just cause people don't expect a medium tank to play like that.

 

Right but look at how he rated tanks.  Reliability, Ease of Play, Carry Potential, Flexibility, and Fun Factor.  The armor isn't reliable enough to brawl while the gun isn't accurate enough to really snipe.  At most it can troll/bully certain T3s but otherwise it's forced to the second or third line (since it's so big and easy for T4+ tanks to pen, making even the second line unreliable).  It has crap for "Ease of Play" given the lack of armor, meh accuracy, no turret, and the size of a barn...all while being thrown into a medium line when it needs to be played more like a TD.  It has the speed to reasonably flex so I can see people saying it's not "as bad" as X super slow tank.  But it's not exactly fun for most people when they hit this tank (a friend who was new to WOT quit the game once he tried the tank) and it's in no way like a medium.

 

I'm not saying that one can't do well in it (my first 1v5 was in the tank, among other things), especially since at T4 you can out-skill plenty of players pretty easily.  But I would say people who do well in it do so in spite of the tank and not because of it (especially if it's played like pretty much any other med in the game).



TankFullOfBourbon #43 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 11:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 26538 battles
  • 5,870
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

My five:

 

ARL44

AMX M4 45

BDR B G1

M3 Lee

Pz.Sfl.IVc



Firemoth #44 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 12:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 37007 battles
  • 3,956
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

my 5

 

m4 improved - its a unimproved T14

pz3k - lolwhatisthiscrap

turan3 - similarly crap as the Pz3k

amx 48 - bad gun handling, 3 round auto, weakspots everywhere

AT-15 - havent played it since 9.21, but boy did i loathe it.

 



omi5cron #45 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 13:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 21169 battles
  • 2,261
  • [2323] 2323
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013
of all the five OP listed,i only had(thats HAD) the churchill VII.that tank made me stop the british heavy line.sold it and retrained the crew that had been in that line to other brit tanks. god i hated that thing!

Project100 #46 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 14:17

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 2694 battles
  • 678
  • [DHO3] DHO3
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016

View PostAknazer, on Feb 10 2018 - 03:56, said:

 

Right but look at how he rated tanks.  Reliability, Ease of Play, Carry Potential, Flexibility, and Fun Factor.  The armor isn't reliable enough to brawl while the gun isn't accurate enough to really snipe.  At most it can troll/bully certain T3s but otherwise it's forced to the second or third line (since it's so big and easy for T4+ tanks to pen, making even the second line unreliable).  It has crap for "Ease of Play" given the lack of armor, meh accuracy, no turret, and the size of a barn...all while being thrown into a medium line when it needs to be played more like a TD.  It has the speed to reasonably flex so I can see people saying it's not "as bad" as X super slow tank.  But it's not exactly fun for most people when they hit this tank (a friend who was new to WOT quit the game once he tried the tank) and it's in no way like a medium.

 

I'm not saying that one can't do well in it (my first 1v5 was in the tank, among other things), especially since at T4 you can out-skill plenty of players pretty easily.  But I would say people who do well in it do so in spite of the tank and not because of it (especially if it's played like pretty much any other med in the game).

 

Add in the fact that it is the gatekeeper to the entire US medium branch of the tech tree and really does a crap job of teaching a new player about how medium tanks actually PLAY.

NK_33 #47 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 14:43

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19158 battles
  • 3,361
  • Member since:
    12-24-2014

Agree with the PzIIIK, but you forgot the lousy ammo capacity, so you miss with shots that you don't have to spare.  I actually like the M4 Improved and Church GC, but I HATE the PxIIIK.

Church GC has one redeeming value, it lets you get a very good gun for British TDs far more painlessly than you would at higher tiers.  I don't see why it's so hated, but I'm awful generally so a little bit of `help` being awful is probably unnoticeable.

 

The A-44 is a good turreted TD, it is an awful medium.

 

 



PelhamBlue #48 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 15:38

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11088 battles
  • 379
  • Member since:
    01-18-2016

View PostFiremoth, on Feb 10 2018 - 08:19, said:

my 5

 

m4 improved - its a unimproved T14

pz3k - lolwhatisthiscrap

turan3 - similarly crap as the Pz3k

amx 48 - bad gun handling, 3 round auto, weakspots everywhere

AT-15 - havent played it since 9.21, but boy did i loathe it.

 

 

Nah, the Turan III is a good tank with a good crew, I love it, one of my most played. And the M4 Improved is also a really good tank, fun to play, bouncy armour and the gun, while it has low pen, works. And it doesn't really need a very skilled crew.

 

The Pz. III K... that's an awful tank.



Sayntt #49 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 15:38

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19066 battles
  • 371
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

View PostSam_Sanister, on Feb 09 2018 - 18:09, said:

FTFY
Less gun depression, big weakspots, bad gun handling, and all the low rolls on the 120 mm.
IIRC, the already bad gun handling was nerfed when it got the autoloader.
Played it before the autoloader, so idk if the 1200 burst makes up for all those negatives.

 

Was thinking this earlier while playing the 48, I liked it a lot more back when it didn't have the autoloader. (I stopped playing for a while, not keeping the POS)

Rocketmandb #50 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 16:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 51897 battles
  • 2,118
  • [CARTL] CARTL
  • Member since:
    12-29-2011

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Feb 10 2018 - 10:41, said:

My five:

 

ARL44

AMX M4 45

 

 

You are using the wrong gun if you think these are the worst. 



Cav_Tanker_3_4_Cav #51 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 18:17

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 35452 battles
  • 352
  • [SAMDG] SAMDG
  • Member since:
    03-17-2015

View PostScorpiany, on Feb 09 2018 - 19:10, said:

After watching QB's video on the worst tanks in the game, I decided to make my own list. Except instead of using statistics from VBAddict, I'm going to use the reality of gameplay from a Super Unicum perspective to assess these tanks. I only included Tier 5 tanks and higher. The tanks are rated by the following factors:

  • Reliability (lack of)
  • Ease of play (difficulty)
  • Carry potential (inability to win)
  • Flexibility (lack of)
  • Fun Factor (frustration)

 

Let's get right into it, shall we? :teethhappy:

 

#5 - ELC Even 90: It's a load of fun, but it truly is terrible.

 

 

Hear me out on this one. I actually think the ELC Even 90 is a lot of fun to play. It's unique, quirky and can do a lot of crazy stuff on the battlefield. But it just doesn't fit into the current meta of the game.

 

The gun is terrible. In fact, it has one of the worst DPM values in the game. Even the Tier 1 LolTraktor has higher DPM than this tank! It's also sluggish for a light tank, is one of the most fragile Tier 8 tanks in the game, and even has poor View Range as far as light tanks go.

 

The primary reason why the ELC Even 90 is on this list at all, is because of just how bad the gun is. It is the worst gun on any Tier 8 tank, hands down. As such, it's worth mentioning as one of the worst tanks.

 

Reliability: 3/10 - The gun has poor gun handling, terrible DPM, a long aim time and mediocre accuracy. The tank's small size also requires you to get lucky with the enemy not hitting you. As such, it's incredibly unreliable.

Ease of Play: 2/10 - Because of the fragile nature, and just how bad the gun is, the tank is far from easy to play. You need to be very careful with your gameplay, smart about your positioning and look for every opportunity you can find. Or you could just sit in a bush. I guess that would work too.

Carry Potential: 4/10 - The ELC Even 90 will rarely carry battles because of how bad the gun is. However, if you get lucky, then you may be able to make something happen.

Flexibility: 5/10​ - The small size and 9 degrees of gun depression actually means the tank can use quite a lot of positions. The only problem is that it can't really do anything to fight from them.

Fun Factor: 8/10 - While the ELC Even 90 isn't very reliable, when things do go your way, it can be absolutely hilarious. You can hide behind a car, you can dodge the most accurate guns if you're at range and in general you can be the most annoying pest on the battlefield.


 

This was my personal list of the Top 5 worst tanks in the game! If you can, avoid these tanks. Use Free XP, avoid them by all means for the sake of your own sanity. The only exception to this is the ELC Even 90... But buyer beware.

 

 

I know it's popular to hate on the Even 90 but I have to disagree with any list that doesn't include the M3 Lee and the TVP VTU. Those tanks are way worse than the Even 90's ability to carry games. The problem this tank has is that it's designed to actually SCOUT. You know, spot targets for your team? Unicum's by and large are aggressive type A players who want to do damage. Not spot so their team can do damage. If this tank needs a buff, it isn't to it's gun it need a power to weight buff. I've played 158 games in my Even 90 thus far with a 56 percent win rate in the tank. Considering that I am a 51.5 percent win rate player over all, that is a noticeable increase. If you buffed the gun on this tank in any way it would be OP. Is it difficult to carry in this tank? Yes, but that's ALL light tanks. Is the tank situational? Yes. But again that's ALL light tanks. I've had more fun driving this tank than any light tank in a long time. But to put this tank above the M3 and the TVP? Man, I just have to say that I can't agree with your list at all.



Scorpiany #52 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 22:05

    Major

  • Game Knowledge Expert
  • 34028 battles
  • 12,391
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostCav_Tanker_3_4_Cav, on Feb 10 2018 - 09:17, said:

 

I know it's popular to hate on the Even 90 but I have to disagree with any list that doesn't include the M3 Lee and the TVP VTU. Those tanks are way worse than the Even 90's ability to carry games. The problem this tank has is that it's designed to actually SCOUT. You know, spot targets for your team? Unicum's by and large are aggressive type A players who want to do damage. Not spot so their team can do damage. If this tank needs a buff, it isn't to it's gun it need a power to weight buff. I've played 158 games in my Even 90 thus far with a 56 percent win rate in the tank. Considering that I am a 51.5 percent win rate player over all, that is a noticeable increase. If you buffed the gun on this tank in any way it would be OP. Is it difficult to carry in this tank? Yes, but that's ALL light tanks. Is the tank situational? Yes. But again that's ALL light tanks. I've had more fun driving this tank than any light tank in a long time. But to put this tank above the M3 and the TVP? Man, I just have to say that I can't agree with your list at all.

 

The TVP VTU's mobility, gun performance, view range, etc. are on par with a lot of the other Tier 8 medium tanks. The TVP VTU is better than the AMX CDC in almost every way.

 

And while it is a large and unarmored box, it has a gun that works and the box is still fast. Plus you have options on whether you want gun depression, gun performance or gun depression.

 

​As for the M3 Lee - It's below Tier 5. There are a lot of tanks below Tier 5 that could be considered "the worst", especially with how chaotic low Tier gameplay in general tends to be.


 

As for the ELC Even 90 - It's harder to carry in a tank that relies more on spotting than the other light tanks, when it doesn't have the same acceleration or traverse speed as other light tanks. Most of the other scouts are faster, with better guns; yet they're not overpowered, right? And they have a much easier time carrying.

 

The ELC Even 90 relies too much on spotting, just based upon its small size. While that's cool and all, it's very situational and still doesn't justify why the gun has to be the worst gun present on any Tier 8 tank.



Dogsoldier6 #53 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 22:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 58237 battles
  • 2,773
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011

Scorp I agree with the Churchill VII, but I think you should show a pic with the Black Prince on top of a Churchill VII as it is pretty much the same beast...............

 

Every time I took them out I went AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Sorry I refuse to 'buy past' tanks, part of the fun for me is grinding them, sometimes, no matter how painful that may be LOL

 

GJ Scorp liked it thanks...............



Scorpiany #54 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 22:32

    Major

  • Game Knowledge Expert
  • 34028 battles
  • 12,391
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostDogsoldier6, on Feb 10 2018 - 13:25, said:

Scorp I agree with the Churchill VII, but I think you should show a pic with the Black Prince on top of a Churchill VII as it is pretty much the same beast...............

 

Every time I took them out I went AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Sorry I refuse to 'buy past' tanks, part of the fun for me is grinding them, sometimes, no matter how painful that may be LOL

 

GJ Scorp liked it thanks...............

 

Black Prince is very bad as well, but it has double the gun depression and a much stronger turret, which means that it can at least hull-down or use ridges to some extent... Already more than the Churchill VII can lay claim to!



pepe_trueno #55 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 22:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 41221 battles
  • 6,340
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Feb 10 2018 - 09:33, said:

 

​Lee plays really well as long as you treat it like a weird Medium / TD hybrid. Accuracy too low for long range sniping, but at medium to close range its workable and has the rate of fire to lay down a lot of 75mm hurt. Of course you avoid brawling at all costs because not only is your gun mounted in the hull, its also off to one side. I like the Lee and I feel most of the hate it receives is just cause people don't expect a medium tank to play like that.

 

the eternal problem of the lee is the gun placement, very close to the ground with a tall turret is just horrible.

the smallest bump, slope, ruble, rocks, insert anything of the all the things you can find in a map and you wont be able to hit anything, the gun placement makes the tank way to situational and will oftenly find itself geting shot without being able to shoot back.

 

something similar could be said about the somua sau 40 and the arl v39, 2 tds that got horrible reputation not becouse of their guns but becouse they have low guns and tall towers sceraming hit me!.



Gothraul #56 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 22:39

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 2061 battles
  • 4,820
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014

View PostScorpiany, on Feb 10 2018 - 03:28, said:

 

They gave the Challenger a new 32 pounder gun that actually has very good penetration for Tier 7.

 

Even then, both guns are very accurate, with great aim times, high DPM, good gun depression, wide gun arcs... And the tank is mobile.

 

It would be far from a bad tank, even with the 17 pounder.

 

 

The T-34-2 is terrible compared to all of its competition. Even though in theory a decently mobile tank with some kind of armor and gun performance shouldn't be all that bad, in the current Tier 8 meta, it's very underperforming.

 

ELC Even 90 is certainly fun, but the gun is the worst of any Tier 8 tank. I'd argue that even if you dropped the tank down to Tier 7, it would still be fine for the most part without any rebalancing.

 

T-34-2 with the 100mm can be used as a psudo scout and bully tier 6 and 7 struggle turds but the problem is all the same for tier 8 in general that tier 10 is horrendously op. Imagine trying to fend off a 430U or any other hurr durr tier 10 hover med in this and its a ball breaker.

Scorpiany #57 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 22:44

    Major

  • Game Knowledge Expert
  • 34028 battles
  • 12,391
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostGothraul, on Feb 10 2018 - 13:39, said:

 

T-34-2 with the 100mm can be used as a psudo scout and bully tier 6 and 7 struggle turds but the problem is all the same for tier 8 in general that tier 10 is horrendously op. Imagine trying to fend off a 430U or any other hurr durr tier 10 hover med in this and its a ball breaker.

 

Well, that's the thing - Most Tier 8 tanks can bully Tier 6's and 7's because of the MM. But other Tier 8 mediums can do it better than the T-34-2... And against Tier 9's and 10's? Other Tier 8's will also do a better job.

 

T-34-2's just been long forgotten in the wind, so have most of the Chinese mediums.

 

The Obj. 430 U is a better 113 which is a better 121. The Obj. 430 is a better WZ-120. All the Tier 8's are better than the T-34-2... And T-34-1... Is bad along with most of the Tier 7 mediums.



Gothraul #58 Posted Feb 10 2018 - 23:03

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 2061 battles
  • 4,820
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014

View PostScorpiany, on Feb 10 2018 - 22:44, said:

 

Well, that's the thing - Most Tier 8 tanks can bully Tier 6's and 7's because of the MM. But other Tier 8 mediums can do it better than the T-34-2... And against Tier 9's and 10's? Other Tier 8's will also do a better job.

 

T-34-2's just been long forgotten in the wind, so have most of the Chinese mediums.

 

The Obj. 430 U is a better 113 which is a better 121. The Obj. 430 is a better WZ-120. All the Tier 8's are better than the T-34-2... And T-34-1... Is bad along with most of the Tier 7 mediums.

 

I am not counting on WG to bother with them after all there are Russian premiums rotting away like the KV5, it is crap like that I am not spending a dime on this game anymore let alone the hordes of non premiums that are desperately in need of improvements. All that people can do is play as a worse Hype 59 or a worse 34-3 and hope that MM gives players a decent run enough to finish the grind before it can take a dump on them.

SturmEnte #59 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 01:36

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30132 battles
  • 1,028
  • Member since:
    02-06-2013

View PostScorpiany, on Feb 10 2018 - 16:05, said:

 

The TVP VTU's mobility, gun performance, view range, etc. are on par with a lot of the other Tier 8 medium tanks. The TVP VTU is better than the AMX CDC in almost every way.

 

And while it is a large and unarmored box, it has a gun that works and the box is still fast. Plus you have options on whether you want gun depression, gun performance or gun depression.

 

It may look like it isn't so bad on paper but it was one of the worst tanks I have ever played.  I would never ever recommend any one to play it.  And I am not alone.



JEDI_RespectingWhamen #60 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 02:47

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 18260 battles
  • 1,058
  • Member since:
    12-11-2013
EVEN 90 is my hero. Bad Skorpiany. BAD! I know you said it's fun, but to place it in the top 5 worst tanks in game? HOW DARETH THOU. If anything it should be top 1. ;)




5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users