disappearing tanks

20 replies to this topic

dogdayblues #1 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 14:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 501 battles
really,, if your gonna make a real to life game. tanks dont disappear.  they camoflage hide in brush , behind buildings. but they dont disappear. REALLY !!  wot messed up a  good game.  ive had them disappear right before me, then i die.  thats crazy, not real.  Get real WOT

QuicksilverJPR #2 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 15:28

Major

• Players
  • 22994 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

Your first mistake is thinking this game is a simulator based on real life.  Let me stop you right there...because it is NOT a simulator.

Learn the game mechanics, and better yourself as a player.

empyreal_recon #3 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 15:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7865 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE
And he is actually defending the disappearance effect...

Ndtm #4 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 15:38

Major

• Players
  • 17280 battles
Not only is it an Arcade game but.. WG messed up? really? it's like.. 8 years old and has had maaaaaaany millions of players across all the regions and you call that messed up? that mechanic where you're only visible if someone spot you with their tank has been in the game since the start, if it was such a game breaker then there is no way the game would be as popular as it is

Bravo4zero #5 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 15:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18155 battles
  • [5D4] 5D4

There’s many WoT tutorials explaining spotting mechanics onYouTube (sorry, on my phone otherwise I’d link them). As Quicksilver said,  the game is arcade so you’ll come across many things that’in real life!” would never happen. Spotting mechanics in WoT takes a little getting used to but once you figure out how to use your minimap circles which indicates your max view range and the max view range and the render max view range it becomes much easier to figure out better positioning to allow you to snipe from longer distances. View range is also affected by the enemy tanks concealment factor. If they have camo or camo net also factors into this. Always remember that the enemy may not be in your actual view range but are being spotted by a team mate showing the enemy within your maximum render range. If your team mate loses site of the enemy, you in turn will lose site of the tank hence making the enemy tank “disappear”.

sorry I can’t remember exactly the exact figures but I’m sure someone else can post them. It works out that the max view range you can have is about 450m even if with crew skills and binos/optics it shows higher. This will only help negate their camo value. Maximum render range is about 550m so anything outside of that simply won’t be seen on your screen even if lit on the minimap.

Good luck mate and I hope you find the videos explaining all this. It’ll certainly make more sense after watching those.

ViseGrip #6 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 15:51

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 40143 battles
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY

View PostNdtm, on Feb 11 2018 - 14:38, said:

Not only is it an Arcade game but.. WG messed up? really? it's like.. 8 years old and has had maaaaaaany millions of players across all the regions and you call that messed up? that mechanic where you're only visible if someone spot you with their tank has been in the game since the start, if it was such a game breaker then there is no way the game would be as popular as

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Feb 11 2018 - 14:28, said:

Your first mistake is thinking this game is a simulator based on real life.  Let me stop you right there...because it is NOT a simulator.

Learn the game mechanics, and better yourself as a player.

So then explain to me the game mechanics that allows a 100% crew with 100% camo and a camo net to be spotted first and then killed by an invisible tank moving across the map??

empyreal_recon #7 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 15:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7865 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE
And another defender of the ridiculous effect... wait for it... invisible text but you know its there...

Bravo4zero #8 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 15:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18155 battles
  • [5D4] 5D4

https://youtu.be/RMF82fz4kDk

This one explains it in some detail. It’s not great but at least will give you some extra knowledge

PuddleSplasher #9 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 16:02

Major

• Players
  • 34962 battles

View Postdogdayblues, on Feb 11 2018 - 13:38, said:

really,, if your gonna make a real to life game. tanks dont disappear.  they camoflage hide in brush , behind buildings. but they dont disappear. REALLY !!  wot messed up a  good game.  ive had them disappear right before me, then i die.  thats crazy, not real.  Get real WOT

Adaptive camouflage I believe is the phrase you seek.

Imagine a stealth bomber high in the sky with it's variety of stealth attributes. Now adapt that to a tank.

Just because a tank disappears in a game in all likelyhood will be due to a small glitch but you must not pass it off as a mere error as there may be more than meets the eye. A well known game had Stealth Tanks as they were known that were indeed invisible on screen but rendered useless under certain conditions which will remain nameless.

Could it be that you experienced a new upgrade that has not yet been released by WG or merely a true glitch?

Just think of the possibilities.:popcorn:

Edited by PuddleSplasher, Feb 11 2018 - 16:21.

empyreal_recon #10 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 16:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7865 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE
we have read all that camo and mechanics crap.... we're talking about a tank at point blank range taking hits then vanishes "invisible" shots go right through then it reappears same spot and pops you on your reload... invisible shots go through... visible you can hit... same tank same spot it sucks... that's all. dogdayblues ​ simply highlighted how ridiculous the effect can be most of the times in an ideal "I got you now" kill situation. not the but point blank cant miss guns trained then poof.

Grugbug #11 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 16:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21667 battles

View Postdogdayblues, on Feb 11 2018 - 08:38, said:

I gave you an up vote, Wargaming's version of a bandage for a scraped knee. Feel better?

Ndtm #12 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 17:59

Major

• Players
  • 17280 battles

View PostViseGrip, on Feb 11 2018 - 15:51, said:

So then explain to me the game mechanics that allows a 100% crew with 100% camo and a camo net to be spotted first and then killed by an invisible tank moving across the map??

How am i supposed to know that when this is all the info you're giving me? there are many more variables that need to be known before you can even guess why, and i'm not exaggerating either, what tank you were in, what tank the other player was in, what map, what position, which route did he take, was there other enemy tanks that could've spotted you, were any of your vision check points exposed to anyone, what equipment and crew skills does the tank that spotted you have (though that one you can't figure out, even with a replay), did you have injured crew members or a damaged observation device, did you shoot not long before getting spotted, did he fire.. and probably even more things.. do you see now how silly your question is with that little information? there are so many different possibilities that it's pointless to even try with that little info, which is why people ask for a replay so they can see for themselves what happened, there are also cases where people give incorrect info unintentionally as it's not uncommon to remember things wrong in the heat of the moment as you're in the battle

the_dude_76 #13 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 18:19

Captain

• Players
  • 31071 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postempyreal_recon, on Feb 11 2018 - 15:03, said:

we have read all that camo and mechanics crap.... we're talking about a tank at point blank range taking hits then vanishes "invisible" shots go right through then it reappears same spot and pops you on your reload... invisible shots go through... visible you can hit... same tank same spot it sucks... that's all. dogdayblues ​ simply highlighted how ridiculous the effect can be most of the times in an ideal "I got you now" kill situation. not the but point blank cant miss guns trained then poof.

Oh, so you're talking about things that DON'T HAPPEN, gotcha...

A- Tanks don't disappears "at point blank range"

B- Even if you can't see the tank anymore it is still there and you can still hit it with your shots

mohawkdriver #14 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 18:20

Captain

• Players
  • 20488 battles
  • [_RTF_] _RTF_
Did we need this thread?

dogdayblues #15 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 18:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 501 battles
empyreal, i think you understand perfectly,,, tank 50 foot in front of you in plain sight. and then disappears.  rest of you to narrow minded too grasp, lol

Dogsoldier6 #16 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 18:39

Major

• Players
  • 54988 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postdogdayblues, on Feb 11 2018 - 14:38, said:

really,, if your gonna make a real to life game. tanks dont disappear. they camoflage hide in brush , behind buildings. but they dont disappear.
So in real life you can see through buildings, mountains, etc?

REALLY !!  wot messed up a  good game.  ive had them disappear right before me, then i die.  thats crazy, not real.
See below for this answer.

Get real WOT
Learn the game and how it address's spotting mechanics.

View Postempyreal_recon, on Feb 11 2018 - 16:03, said:

we have read all that camo and mechanics crap.... we're talking about a tank at point blank range taking hits then vanishes
Tanks never disappear at point blank range. In my 54,000+ battles I have never seen this happen once.
"invisible" shots go right through then it reappears same spot and pops you on your reload...
Ok this tells me that he slid back behind SOLID COVER, counted to seven so his tank would disappear (Game Mechanic), then came back from behind cover and shot you WHILE YOU STOOD STILL THE ENTIRE TIME IN THE SAME SPOT :facepalm:

nvisible shots go through... visible you can hit... same tank same spot it sucks... that's all.
Te tank is still there, and I have hit and destroyed plenty of enemy tanks that I couldn't see.

dogdayblues ​ simply highlighted how ridiculous the effect can be most of the times in an ideal "I got you now" kill situation. not the but point blank cant miss guns trained then poof.

Dogsoldier6 #17 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 18:39

Major

• Players
  • 54988 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postdogdayblues, on Feb 11 2018 - 18:31, said:

empyreal, i think you understand perfectly,,, tank 50 foot in front of you in plain sight. and then disappears.  rest of you to narrow minded too grasp, lol

You post me one of your replays and show me this cause in 54,000+ battles it has never happened to me once.

the_dude_76 #18 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 20:55

Captain

• Players
  • 31071 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postdogdayblues, on Feb 11 2018 - 17:31, said:

Literally can not happen. Any tank within 50 METERS of you is proxy spotted, even if they're on the other side of a building or rock you automatically detect them.

Learn how the game works before coming to the forum complaining about something that you clearly do not understand. The person with the narrow mind is the one who won't take the time to learn the rules and mechanics of the game.

empyreal_recon #19 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 18:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7865 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE

Judas asked for proof... The bible is here... still in doubt?

Its like those overwhelmingly one-sided battles thanks XVM...

If it has never happened to you in 50K battles wga loves you be thankful...

going invisible on this topic now... 

QuicksilverJPR #20 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 22994 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostViseGrip, on Feb 11 2018 - 09:51, said:

They had better vision than you, and countered your camo rating with said vision...maybe as you happened to be firing.  Or they proxied you, in which case they would also be lit. 

Without a video (how many times have you heard folks asking for a video to help), that's about the best I can do...

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users