• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 18:37

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48360 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

Previously, I posted my thoughts on these Tank Reward missions that include "Winning" as a component and my sincere hope that WG would move away from it.  This is the 3rd Tank Reward series in a row that uses the exact same winning format (Considering this move, it almost feels as if Wargaming is following me to determine its course of business - FYI - I also previously said that I wouldn't spend any more $ the rest of the year unless they bring out the Defender - Defender goes on sale soon in NA only . Tin Hat Time?)  Currently, I've been the #1 or #2 XP earner on my team with my Primo Victoria 21 times - keep in mind that these are mostly Tier X games and I have no skills/6th sense in that tank yet.  Only 4 of those games have been victories.  FOUR.

Now, I get why winning is important to players.  I, too, always want to win but I've been very content with WoT because for me winrates don't mean anything. I'm stuck at 52.80% and I'm perfectly fine with that - but it's not because I haven't gotten better or b/c I don't "carry hard" enough.  It just is.  However, something starts to happen with me when I lose several games in a row and I'm trying to accomplish this "WIN" component.  I start to get frustrated with my teammates who are playing Tiers 8-10 and aren't doing what they are supposed to do.  Sometimes that frustration will manifest itself in ways that I am certain Wargaming wouldn't approve of.  But in those times, I get to the point that I don't care what anyone thinks.  Which leads me back to the title of my post:

Why does Wargaming add the winning component to these Tank Reward missions?  Why do they even care?

Your thoughts here would be much appreciated. 

Thank you for your time.

__WarChild__

MagillaGuerilla #2 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 18:42

Major

• Players
  • 26762 battles
They care because you'll play a lot more to get that win, even after losing tons of battles in a row.

YourLieInApril #3 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 18:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5836 battles
  • [TEACH] TEACH
Theyre trying to make a team based game without realizing its impossible with the player base that they have. Stop the unicums from camp sniping, stop the plebs from stomprushing

Kamahl1234 #4 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 18:51

Major

• Players
  • 18407 battles
  • [TIP] TIP

Because the object of the match is to win, and promoting missions that don't require it can be pretty bad for game-play as people focus on the missions rather than the win. 

Like a damage mission without wins could easily promote camping and CHAI-sniping, at the expense of a team. 

MountainLion1 #5 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 18:54

Major

• Players
  • 26928 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
With the "Have To Win" added to the monthly missions I don't even mess with it anymore. I noticed it was just taking the fun out of the game trying to complete the missions. I enjoy the game a lot better when I play when I feel like it, not thinking I must play to finish some mission. Really missions should be set up about your abilities as a tanker, not what the other 14 players on your team decide to do or not to do during the battle. Tank Rewards started out really nice but recently have went off track, my hopes are they get this fixed before to long so more tankers will enjoy there experience while playing WOT. See y'all on the battlefield.

nxp #6 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 19:06

Captain

• Players
  • 38964 battles

When you average only 1200 damage per game and only 10 games where you did your tank's damage how can you expect a high win rate? 

You want to win more? focus on yourself, not teammates, not mm, not "WG this and WG that". When you focus on increasing that damage per game to 1500 or 2000 you will see a greater win rate. You need to focus on how to do useful damage, not the last min 1k bonus damage you get when the game is lost. Focus on what you can control, not what you can't. 

Trust me, it worked for me. When you stop caring things you can't control the game becomes easier and more fun. I'm currently at the point where wins or losses are numb to me. I only care about what i can do to increase the chances of winning, not why WG or others are screwing my win rate. 

Wins will come when the work is put in. The moment you expect others to win for you, it's when you start to lose. 

You want to win more? well you better have the mentality where if you die then the game is lost. You better have the mentality where every mistake you make will lead to a loss. You want to win more? you better expect to do the most damage every game. If you can't get yourself to that level, then why did you even have the expectation of winning? 

RumRunner151 #7 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 19:18

Captain

• Players
  • 42972 battles
  • [VIBE] VIBE

View Post__WarChild__, on Feb 11 2018 - 11:37, said:

because for me winrates don't mean anything

I think they mean everything.  I think they mean more then Wn8.

View PostKamahl1234, on Feb 11 2018 - 11:51, said:

Because the object of the match is to win, and promoting missions that don't require it can be pretty bad for game-play as people focus on the missions rather than the win. 

DIng Ding Ding...we have a winner.

View Postnxp, on Feb 11 2018 - 12:06, said:

You want to win more? focus on yourself, not teammates, not mm, not "WG this and WG that". When you focus on increasing that damage per game to 1500 or 2000 you will see a greater win rate. You need to focus on how to do useful damage, not the last min 1k bonus damage you get when the game is lost. Focus on what you can control, not what you can't. 

This...SO THIS.  Could not put it better.  Upvoted for truth and accuracy.

__WarChild__ #8 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 20:43

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48360 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Winrates - LOL!!

Still at 4 wins...

ROFL

__WarChild__ #9 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 21:24

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48360 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Oh you're right. Winrates are everything:

My bad.

:D

__WarChild__ #10 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 21:25

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48360 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
PS - What does it mean when it says "Congratulations. You received 1 token" in the lower right?  What's a token?

Edited by __WarChild__, Feb 11 2018 - 21:27.

GeorgePreddy #11 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 21:25

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Feb 11 2018 - 14:37, said:

Why does Wargaming add the winning component to these Tank Reward missions?  Why do they even care?

Because when they don't add "winning" as a requirement they get accused of making missions that promote some other thing at the EXPENSE of winning.

In other words, if spotting were a mission requirement, it might be easier to get a lot of initial spotting by yoloing at the start of the battle, but spotting enemies that can't yet be shot by allies and quickly dying at the same time would hurt your team's chances of eventually winning.

So, making winning a requirement motivates players to get the other requirement(s) done while still trying to actually help win the battle.

__WarChild__ #12 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 21:27

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 48360 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Feb 11 2018 - 14:25, said:

Because when they don't add "winning" as a requirement they get accused of making missions that promote some other thing at the EXPENSE of winning.

In other words, if spotting were a mission requirement, it might be easier to get a lot of initial spotting by yoloing at the start of the battle, but spotting enemies that can't yet be shot by allies and quickly dying at the same time would hurt your team's chances of eventually winning.

So, making winning a requirement motivates players to get the other requirement(s) done while still trying to actually help win the battle.

Okay.  Now THAT makes sense to me.  

Thanks George.

:honoring:

RumRunner151 #13 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 16:13

Captain

• Players
  • 42972 battles
  • [VIBE] VIBE

View Post__WarChild__, on Feb 11 2018 - 14:27, said:

Okay.  Now THAT makes sense to me.  

Thanks George.

:honoring:

George is a forums hero IMO.  Wondering why it didn't make sense when Kamahl1234 said it.  Maybe its the green text :)

Nunya_000 #14 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 16:27

Major

• Players
  • 21152 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Post__WarChild__, on Feb 11 2018 - 09:37, said:

Because:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users