match making

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Ricardos #1 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 22:33

Private

• Players
  • 65517 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

I am using  xvm mod so I can see player rating in player panel, its seems that  90% of the games higher layers are always on the other side. you say that you don't use player stats in match making but it sure seems like the games are staked against the lower players. it might help me understand it better if you could show me how you choose for match making.

thank you 

dominator_98 #2 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 22:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 18367 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

Bad players blame the MM.

Average players blame bad players.

Good players blame themselves and take responsibility for getting better.

The wisest thing I've ever read on these forums. You'd do well to abide by it.

To be completely honest, every game you play is stacked against you because you don't pull your own weight. I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but if you want to win more, take advice from players who win more. You are the only constant factor in every single one of your 60,000 battles. Be responsible for doing your own hp in damage every game and you'll see your winrate rise.

Edited by dominator_98, Feb 11 2018 - 22:56.

route99 #3 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 22:56

Private

• Players
  • 43023 battles
  • [DS] DS
Wait, I forgot my rubber boots.  There is no way I can walk in this load without-em.

View Postdominator_98, on Feb 11 2018 - 21:49, said:

"Good players blame themselves and take responsibility for getting better."

dominator_98 #4 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 22:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 18367 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View Postroute99, on Feb 11 2018 - 15:56, said:

Wait, I forgot my rubber boots.  There is no way I can walk in this load without-em.

Yeah, good players blame MM when they lose, just like bad ones. Cuz you see that so often.

Kamahl1234 #5 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 23:03

Major

• Players
  • 18316 battles

View Postdominator_98, on Feb 11 2018 - 21:59, said:

Yeah, good players blame MM when they lose, just like bad ones. Cuz you see that so often.

Don't worry, MM is just out to get OP as clearly he's special enough to warrant better players against him all the time. 

n00bfarmer #6 Posted Feb 11 2018 - 23:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

View PostRicardos, on Feb 11 2018 - 22:33, said:

I am using  xvm mod so I can see player rating in player panel, its seems that  90% of the games higher layers are always on the other side. you say that you don't use player stats in match making but it sure seems like the games are staked against the lower players. it might help me understand it better if you could show me how you choose for match making.

thank you 

Where is your proof that this is happening? We are just supposed to believe what you say, right? If you could show the stats of all the players on the teams in your next, consecutive 1000 battles to give some proof, you might have something but you don't. One thing I have learned about life is that people lie to avoid being at fault for something. Are you a liar?

Think about this for awhile: If you are an above average player, over thousands of battles, your teams chance to win will be slightly higher than an average player's simply because of that above average player increasing the chance to win every battle. A below average player, over thousands of battles, will drive the chance to win down on each team by a few percentage points and overall, his teams will lose more often over those thousand battles. Each team that you are on is slightly worse, simply because you took up a valuable team slot that could have been filled by an average or above average player.

Edited by n00bfarmer, Feb 11 2018 - 23:41.

Burnside #7 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 00:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 32934 battles
new update ..same old matchmaker ... one sided game after another ..  14-1 ... 13-2 ... 10-5 ... 90% of games one sided ... haven't fixed anything ..except new ways they can make money

Son_of_the_South #8 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 02:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14464 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View Postdominator_98, on Feb 11 2018 - 16:49, said:

To be completely honest, every game you play is stacked against you because you don't pull your own weight. I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but if you want to win more, take advice from players who win more. You are the only constant factor in every single one of your 60,000 battles. Be responsible for doing your own hp in damage every game and you'll see your winrate rise.

​You will get to 50% this way.

Son_of_the_South #9 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 03:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14464 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View Postn00bfarmer, on Feb 11 2018 - 17:36, said:

Where is your proof that this is happening? We are just supposed to believe what you say, right? If you could show the stats of all the players on the teams in your next, consecutive 1000 battles to give some proof, you might have something but you don't. One thing I have learned about life is that people lie to avoid being at fault for something. Are you a liar?

Think about this for awhile: If you are an above average player, over thousands of battles, your teams chance to win will be slightly higher than an average player's simply because of that above average player increasing the chance to win every battle. A below average player, over thousands of battles, will drive the chance to win down on each team by a few percentage points and overall, his teams will lose more often over those thousand battles. Each team that you are on is slightly worse, simply because you took up a valuable team slot that could have been filled by an average or above average player.

​Your logic is flawed. An average player is affected by non only above average players but below average players too. This person will tend to remain at the 50% mark. Above average will be above and below will be below. Average players don't tend to be very much above 50% or very much below it.

Son_of_the_South #10 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 03:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14464 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View Postdominator_98, on Feb 11 2018 - 16:59, said:

​MM is more advantageous to good players. It provides a level chaff that are easy stats for good players. In a balanced system the so called good players wouldn't be so good. Bad players are fodder for the good players, easy kills, and easy stats nothing more. It keeps the royalty happy.

dominator_98 #11 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 05:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 18367 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostSon_of_the_South, on Feb 11 2018 - 20:02, said:

Above average will be above and below will be below. Average players don't tend to be very much above 50% or very much below it.

The most useless sentences I've ever seen on the forums. Above = above and below = below. Thanks, Einstein, we've all gotten that far on our own.

You're stuck at slightly above average because you're done improving your own gameplay and have settled for blaming external factors for your lack of improvement.

StiffWind #12 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 06:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 13456 battles

View Postdominator_98, on Feb 11 2018 - 22:59, said:

Good players defend a twisted MM because it gives them a little win-rate boost whenever it stacks the deck for them.  Hello kitty.

dunniteowl #13 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 07:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 20030 battles

View PostRicardos, on Feb 11 2018 - 15:33, said:

thank you 

Dude. that's because 90% of the players ARE better than you are, so it just looks that way.  If you see more good on their side, it's because it's hard to be less skilled at this game than you are.  For YOU XVM is nothing more than ONE MORE DISTRACTION.

I am not saying this to be mean.  You have to have the perspective that your stats are so low that almost anyone is better than you are.  At 60K plus games you are either:

1)  completely uncaring as to the quality of your efforts;

2)  at your plateau of ability due to age, infirmity, physical limitation or comprehension limit

3)  lacking in the game's mechanics to a degree unparalleled with your level of 'experience' vis-a-vis actual play.

I choose to believe that the third choice is the most likely.  Here's why:  If you didn't care, you wouldn't have installed XVM or posted here about how many good players are on the other team.  You never indicate whether or not you have difficulties with technical or physical limitations that would prevent you from playing, so I presume you are as fit as the next person.  Therefore, you do care and you are looking for a 'reason' for your poor overall stats.

May I present to you a different way of seeing this:  The reason for your stats do not matter.  Any force outside of your control is unimportant and not worthy of your blame or excuses.  All you can do is control you and your unit.  The only way to do this with any level of skill is to understand what the game rules are.

XVM will not help you to do this.  Your stats will.  Your stats are collected for you by WG.  They give you a free statistician to track your performance.  A free statistician that will not lie to you, try to make you feel better or hold your hand and tell you, "Yes, the deck is stacked against you on purpose, it's okay, you're doing fine."  Do you think the reason my high school wrestling team (1976-77) had a statistician was to make us feel bad about our performance?  Or maybe they were collected to see trends and use that to find ways to improve on those weaker performance points?

Now, as you're chewing on that last bit, allow me to ask you this:  Would you play Monopoly without knowing the rules of play?  Would you go out onto the football field and play quarterback if you didn't know the rules?  Would you expect to do well if you weren't trained and practiced to be a quarterback -- and had the necessary minimum skills of hand-eye coordination and speed to do so?

So do you expect this to be any different?  Just because it's a video game doesn't mean it isn't a challenge.  This game helps keep my 57 YO mind sharp and active in a high intensity and cluttered 'environment' and I love it.  I present to you what I typically use to help me out when I realize I am not 'living up' to my false notion of my special greatness:

Crew -- Global Wiki

Battle Mechanics -- Global Wiki

I consider these the Player's WoT Bible.  Here's your Monopoly Rules for this game.  You pay attention to these and learn a bit more and I'm sure you'll find that you do better.  Get rid of XVM, you will gain absolutely NO BENEFIT from having it on your computer at this point -- well at least the player stats.  If you like reticles or sounds or whatever, fine, but dump the player stats from your screen.  You don't pay attention to the basic screen information well enough to be even more cluttered with crap you don't understand.

I apologize for my less than dulcet tones.  After over 60K matches, however, I'm betting you either just don't get it and will when proffered correctly -- or you never will.  In either case, this brevity and lack of conciliation seems necessary.  I really hope you understand that the operator of the tank is the reason the tank is losing more often.  Learn those basics and look at your stats to find the tanks you play best and stick with those while you learn how to play by the rules instead of seat-of-your-pants tanking.  If nothing else, why not do something you haven't yet and read the rules?

GL, HF & HSYBF

_Gungrave_ #14 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 07:54

Major

• Players
  • 39304 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostStiffWind, on Feb 12 2018 - 06:31, said:

Good players defend a twisted MM because it gives them a little win-rate boost whenever it stacks the deck for them.  Hello kitty.

Its because we prefer the random chaos and variety that random MM offers which not only allows for quick que times it also keeps it interesting. This delusional train of thought that we support it for some non existant advantage is just laughable.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Feb 12 2018 - 07:56.

dominator_98 #15 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 13:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 18367 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostStiffWind, on Feb 11 2018 - 23:31, said:

So I win 2% more than average because MM stacks the deck in my favor? If that’s true, there’s no such thing as a skilled player because MM decides who gets to win.

I win more because I stack every team I’m on in my own favor by being better than most.

Manimal__ #16 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 18:26

Major

• Players
  • 38705 battles

View Postdominator_98, on Feb 12 2018 - 04:58, said:

So I win 2% more than average because MM stacks the deck in my favor? If that’s true, there’s no such thing as a skilled player because MM decides who gets to win.

I win more because I stack every team I’m on in my own favor by being better than most.

Actually, you win almost 4 more % because the average overall wr is 48.87. 49.63 is the recent for average.

StiffWind #17 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 21:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 13456 battles

View Postdominator_98, on Feb 11 2018 - 22:49, said:

"Good players" get a boost in their win-rate because stacking the deck to produce blowouts works in their favor.  It's a mathematical fact.  Seems all some "good players" really do is slag anybody else who isn't on that gravy train.  When are you going to take responsibility for that?  Waiting...

StiffWind #18 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 21:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 13456 battles

View PostSon_of_the_South, on Feb 12 2018 - 02:59, said:

​You will get to 50% this way.

Nope...then WoT would have to find a new way of producing blowouts.

StiffWind #19 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 21:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 13456 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Feb 12 2018 - 07:54, said:

Its because we prefer the random chaos and variety that random MM offers which not only allows for quick que times it also keeps it interesting. This delusional train of thought that we support it for some non existant advantage is just laughable.

I don't believe most people consider blowouts a form of variety.  The only thing delusional is your ego.  And again with the "we".  Who the feck is "we"???

Edited by StiffWind, Feb 12 2018 - 21:06.

StiffWind #20 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 21:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 13456 battles

View Postdominator_98, on Feb 12 2018 - 13:58, said:

Close.  It selects more skilled players to stack the deck because WoT wants blowouts.  This increases their win-rate over other folks who don't fall into the same category.  It means you have skill....just not as much as you think you do.

Also tagged with match making

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users