★ [Guide] HD Maps & Gameplay Changes - CLIFF Edition ★

Cliff World of Tanks 1.0 Scorpiany The Scorpions Den HD Maps Gameplay Changes Update WZ-132-1 Guide

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Scorpiany #1 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 02:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 32436 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

The HD maps have brought about a huge graphic improvement to the game. However, the gameplay on all of the maps has changed as well. Some changes are significant, others aren't.

In this guide, I'm going to cover all changes to maps that will impact gameplay as you currently know it. The map covered in this guide is Cliff. Let's get started, shall we?

The A5 TD spot is freely accessible again.

Despite patching it in 9.21, WarGaming has opened up the A5 spot again. This time however, there's even a clear path up; both visually and on the mini-map.

Now, any tank in the game can easily climb up there. Please, do not take your Maus tanks to snipe from there.

The A5 TD spot is also not as high-up as it used to be.

Despite WG having opened up the A5 spot, they also lowered it a bit closer to the ground.

It's still a viable sniping spot from higher ground, but it won't allow you to shoot clean over the middle ridge as you used to be able to before.

South spawn has a new TD spot at K5.

In order to balance out the A5 TD spot, WarGaming has added in what appears to be an identical copy for the south spawn, down at K5.

Whether it will have the same effectiveness as north spawn's A5 spot, we'll have to see. But either way, it should already be a lot more balanced.

The 1/2 line is a lot more open, with fewer bushes and trees.

WarGaming went ham on the 1/2 line. There are fewer bushes, trees, rocks and overall just less clutter.

This means that it will be a lot easier to spot what shoots at you, unless it's double-bushed... And if it is double-bushed, it will be pretty obvious which bush you got shot from. This should be an improvement from before, where it would be a death-trap to push up the 1/2 line unless you did it early-game.

Some bushes have changed location on the 1/2 line.

Not only did they remove a lot of the foliage on the 1/2 line, some of the foliage has changed locations.

This means that you should be able to set up with more shots at the enemy's side of the campers, without having to expose yourself. However, whether or not this will actually change the meta of the 1/2 line, is yet to be seen. it very well may remain a campy area for most of the battle, with the exception of a fast rush into the middle early in the battle.

You can spot and reset the south base safely now.

Another good improvement, you can now easily spot the south base and shoot into it.

Based on my experimentation with this bush, you can go into it safely, spot who's capping, and pull back 15m away from it to be double-bushed for a safe reset.

There's a death-trap statue for some reason. Extremely slippery.

I have absolutely no idea why this is here. It's a pretty statue, right next to the cliff.

Do not drive onto it unless you're in a Training Room. The cobblestone is extremely slippery, and a small mistake will send you falling down into the watery abyss.

The ridge at F9 was removed, now it's just low ground instead.

F9 no longer has high ground to go on top of, or around. Instead, it's a pit that you can hide in now.

The downside of this, is that it's a lot easier for the enemy to get to you, since it's just a straight drive down.

You can no longer safely drop down from the lighthouse.

This is the worst change WarGaming has made to cliff. You can no longer safely drop down from the lighthouse. It's covered in jagged rocks that will make a safe decent next to impossible.

You will either get stuck or crash going down from the lighthouse.

As mentioned above, attempting to drop down the lighthouse will most likely result in the destruction of your tank. You will either get stuck, crash, or roll the tank.

While it is technically possible to survive the decent, it's extremely difficult. The best my testers have accomplished, is losing 850 HP and 2 crew... Ouch. Don't drop down from the lighthouse.

There you go folks! Those are all of the meaningful changes to Cliff that are different from the current patch, 9.22. 

The HD maps are coming out very soon, most likely in the middle of March. As such, I figured that it would be useful for the community to see what kind of changes are coming, without having to download the test client themselves. 

I hope this helps you orient yourself on the new HD maps! Let me know if you have any questions! Best of luck everyone! :honoring:

Edited by Scorpiany, Feb 13 2018 - 02:47.

LeaveIT2Beaver #2 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 02:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 29978 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

WOW!  Awesome sir!    

Scorpiany #3 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 03:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 32436 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Feb 12 2018 - 17:53, said:

WOW!  Awesome sir!    

Thank you! :medal:

I hope these are helpful!

209 #4 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 03:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 5028 battles
  • [OMIT] OMIT

Thank U Sir

Shortcult #5 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 03:50

Major

• Players
  • 35098 battles
It would be easier if I could just give you all my +1's for the next several weeks all at once.

Scorpiany #6 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 06:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 32436 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostShortcult, on Feb 12 2018 - 18:50, said:

It would be easier if I could just give you all my +1's for the next several weeks all at once.

I like +1's... :P

tanopasman62 #7 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 15:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 15964 battles

I was checking that map in a training room with a friend and actually fell out of that death trap, it made up for a good laugh.

And this post makes up for a +1.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users