Everything wrong with maps 1.0

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 #1 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 09:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 423 battles
  • [ITDED] ITDED

I guess this goes here? I dont know.... played the 1.0 test for a few days. Here is my list, in no particular order

1. Every map is surrounded by everest peaks. It is depressing. I like the current game where you can look into  the abyss so to speak. New maps are all literally made to feel like you are dropped into a hole/crater

2. Subtle map changes galore to further limit ranged play. Creating funnels out of open spaces by adjusting buildings and other blockages

3. Creating stupid ledges and the like where they arent needed. Fjords city is a fine example of why  do that. go check it out.

4. maps are either too bright or too dark. settings have virtually no effect on that, as the maps are prelit and prerendered by the game 

5. insane amount of ambient noise pollution. i just gave up and turned all game sounds off. the master off switch. 

6. shells are like comets in the sky. a teammate shoots next to you, a flash covers your whole screen. dumping effects to as low as they go helps somewhat with that. is that even a map thing? guess not

7. too much random pointless vegetation. holy moly. even turning it off to minimums its still too much. how tall are real sunflowers? cause in game, id say 8 feet ez. 

8. every map looks like roman/greek ruins. it feels generic and stupid. must be me tho

9. in general too much visual clutter. it tires my eyes and triggers vertigo. cant play for more than 30 minutes at a time before i feel sick or my eyes/head hurt (whichever comes first).  

fail in general. 

Edited by o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7, Feb 13 2018 - 09:00.

CapPhrases #2 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 12:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 7053 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

IMO graphics were not needed.

we needed content improvements before visual improvements

DERP_IN_THE_FACE #3 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 12:18

Major

• Players
  • 29603 battles
  • [FATE] FATE

View Posto7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7, on Feb 13 2018 - 03:00, said:

I guess this goes here? I dont know.... played the 1.0 test for a few days. Here is my list, in no particular order

1. Every map is surrounded by everest peaks. It is depressing. I like the current game where you can look into  the abyss so to speak. New maps are all literally made to feel like you are dropped into a hole/crater makes the maps feel bigger, win

2. Subtle map changes galore to further limit ranged play. Creating funnels out of open spaces by adjusting buildings and other blockages a lot of maps were actually opened up fairly massively so idk what to tell you

3. Creating stupid ledges and the like where they arent needed. Fjords city is a fine example of why  do that. go check it out. because it is more realistic, why it's called HD rework

4. maps are either too bright or too dark. settings have virtually no effect on that, as the maps are prelit and prerendered by the game that's nothing compared to the darkness that was the ruinberg on fire

5. insane amount of ambient noise pollution. i just gave up and turned all game sounds off. the master off switch. sorry you don't want a more realistic feel to the game but that's what wg wants

6. shells are like comets in the sky. a teammate shoots next to you, a flash covers your whole screen. dumping effects to as low as they go helps somewhat with that. is that even a map thing? guess not have you ever shot a cannon, I'd assume not so you wouldn't realize how big the muzzle blast is

7. too much random pointless vegetation. holy moly. even turning it off to minimums its still too much. how tall are real sunflowers? cause in game, id say 8 feet ez. yes lol they can easily grow 10 to 12 feet tall

8. every map looks like roman/greek ruins. it feels generic and stupid. must be me tho yeah it is you because I'm not getting the same vibe

9. in general too much visual clutter. it tires my eyes and triggers vertigo. cant play for more than 30 minutes at a time before i feel sick or my eyes/head hurt (whichever comes first).  well I guess we won't be seeing you playing much after the update drops....Oh well sorry

fail in general. this is a huge win

DERP_IN_THE_FACE #4 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 12:26

Major

• Players
  • 29603 battles
  • [FATE] FATE

View PostCapPhrases, on Feb 13 2018 - 06:16, said:

IMO graphics were not needed.

we needed content improvements before visual improvements

you've only been playing for 3 years. These have been the same graphics for like 5 years minus HD tanks and a few minor improvements. This has been a long wait to make the game look as advertised and I love it. Sure there is still faults with other things regarding game play but at least new players will be attracted to the game and maybe help revive the population

CapPhrases #5 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 12:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 7053 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

View PostDERP_IN_THE_FACE, on Feb 13 2018 - 06:26, said:

you've only been playing for 3 years. These have been the same graphics for like 5 years minus HD tanks and a few minor improvements. This has been a long wait to make the game look as advertised and I love it. Sure there is still faults with other things regarding game play but at least new players will be attracted to the game and maybe help revive the population

maybe but if the gameplay remains more or less the same I can't see many of them hanging around.

GeorgePreddy #6 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 12:55

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

This thread is proof that some people will never like anything... no matter how great it might be.

WoT haters gonna hate.

Knagar #7 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 13:06

Captain

• Players
  • 20278 battles

View PostCapPhrases, on Feb 13 2018 - 06:45, said:

maybe but if the gameplay remains more or less the same I can't see many of them hanging around.

Gameplay is one of those things constantly being changed, every time they change something, someone always finds something new to cry about. It's just a vicious circle that won't ever end.

The visuals were needed though, playing a game from 2010 in 2018 that looks like it's from 2010 was getting old. Now that the major work of updating the graphics is out of the way, they can go back to trying to fix some of the major issues. Fixes that people will no doubt cry about.

SteelRonin #8 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 13:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22745 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI
It tires my eyes to see your nickname OP. I can't respect someone with that kind of nickname..

Dead_Zombie #9 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 13:14

Major

• Players
  • 35527 battles
I would love to see one of these whiners that complain about maps, and how they are funnels etc etc etc.... actually take a minutes and show us just how brilliant  you are, and draw up YOUR idea as to what a perfect WoT map would look like.....  bet 90% will bash YOUR idea as well...

Urabouttudie #10 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 13:29

Captain

• Players
  • 20563 battles

Ever notice how if you post a thread critical of WG or the game there are always plenty of posters ready to defend the game and the company...

I've never seen a game so universally despised for it's new content always...always have a stable of defenders ready and waiting to do damage control on their forums

It's amaz-za-zing!

GeorgePreddy #11 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 13:43

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostUrabouttudie, on Feb 13 2018 - 09:29, said:

Ever notice how if you post a thread critical of WG or the game there are always plenty of posters ready to defend the game and the company...

I've never seen a game so universally despised for it's new content always...always have a stable of defenders ready and waiting to do damage control on their forums

It's amaz-za-zing!

Ever notice how some players only post threads critical of WG... because it's easy to be cynical, sarcastic, overly critical, ultra-negative and ENVIOUS about something you couldn't begin to create yourself.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #12 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 13:46

Major

• Players
  • 26953 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Posto7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7, on Feb 13 2018 - 00:00, said:

1. Every map is surrounded by everest peaks. It is depressing. I like the current game where you can look into  the abyss so to speak. New maps are all literally made to feel like you are dropped into a hole/crater

2. Subtle map changes galore to further limit ranged play. Creating funnels out of open spaces by adjusting buildings and other blockages

3. Creating stupid ledges and the like where they arent needed. Fjords city is a fine example of why  do that. go check it out.

4. maps are either too bright or too dark. settings have virtually no effect on that, as the maps are prelit and prerendered by the game 

5. insane amount of ambient noise pollution. i just gave up and turned all game sounds off. the master off switch. 

6. shells are like comets in the sky. a teammate shoots next to you, a flash covers your whole screen. dumping effects to as low as they go helps somewhat with that. is that even a map thing? guess not

7. too much random pointless vegetation. holy moly. even turning it off to minimums its still too much. how tall are real sunflowers? cause in game, id say 8 feet ez. 

8. every map looks like roman/greek ruins. it feels generic and stupid. must be me tho

9. in general too much visual clutter. it tires my eyes and triggers vertigo. cant play for more than 30 minutes at a time before i feel sick or my eyes/head hurt (whichever comes first).  

fail in general. 

To each their own, but I think they're great.

DERP_IN_THE_FACE #13 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 13:56

Major

• Players
  • 29603 battles
  • [FATE] FATE

View PostUrabouttudie, on Feb 13 2018 - 07:29, said:

It's amaz-za-zing!

oh I'm sorry, I actually enjoy the game and want to see wot being updated and brought into modern times. People being critical about things and being negative about something actually good for the game is just imo dumb. Be critical about their tank and tier balancing sure but this new graphics update is a blessing

WangOnTheLoose #14 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 14:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 25361 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostUrabouttudie, on Feb 13 2018 - 07:29, said:

It's amaz-za-zing!

For me the real problem is that there is a small cadre of people who never have anything good to say about the game.  While Wargaming and WoT have their fair share of issues it seems more than a little disingenuous to never have anything good to say about them.  It gets tiresome to read the same people being negative time after time after time, and often these people are outright lying or at least completely mischaracterizing the situation.

24cups #15 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 15:03

Captain

• Players
  • 22544 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I am continually amazed at the amount of people who have nothing positive to say about the game yet continue to play it and comment. If it's so bad why do you stay  ?

JTM78 #16 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 15:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19751 battles
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN

View Post24cups, on Feb 13 2018 - 08:03, said:

I am continually amazed at the amount of people who have nothing positive to say about the game yet continue to play it and comment. If it's so bad why do you stay ?

If you have not noticed a lot of players have already left NA and the ones that are left are fighting against WoT to keep our game alive.

24cups #17 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 15:56

Captain

• Players
  • 22544 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I have noticed a lot have left. But you didn't answer my question. The one's who don't have 1 good word, why do they stay  ?
If  I didn't enjoy the game I'd be outta here.

Slatherer #18 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 16:14

Major

• Players
  • 32647 battles
Have you all noticed how much more boring traversing the forums has been lately?  Been reading the same thread meltdowns trying to find pearls of wisdom for a couple years now with very little luck...

Sad.

moogleslam #19 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 16:31

Major

• Players
  • 36537 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
I'm sorry your entire life has been without Sunflowers, and your first encounter with them is in a game about tanks.

CapPhrases #20 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 16:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 7053 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

View PostSlatherer, on Feb 13 2018 - 10:14, said:

Have you all noticed how much more boring traversing the forums has been lately? Been reading the same thread meltdowns trying to find pearls of wisdom for a couple years now with very little luck...

Sad.

yeah forums have gotten kinda quiet. guessing a lot of people have left without leaving a rage notice.

don't these people know the rules!?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users